Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. (1368 Views)

Classification Of Girls Based On Their Music Taste / Tenstrings Musicians Institute Calls For Auditioning Into Their Music Band / Do Nigerian Radio Stations Pay Musicians to Play Their Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by Ozegbe(m): 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2012
my problem is why cant we sing our own song in our own idol. MUST WE SING AMERICA MUSIC. has anybody notice this?
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2012
Because nothing original nor real comes outta Nigeria.

Btw muche this topic is not romantic related
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by Mynd44: 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2012
Crap
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by Acidosis(m): 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
This is a very interesting topic but in a wrong section.
I watched nigerian idol for sumtime bt I later stopped. There is nothing interesting about it, its a big crap, full of sentiments, very inferior.
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
INK they have Nigerian Idol. Epic will definitely fail on it lol
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by cfours: 4:57pm On Jan 29, 2012
Ozegbe:

my problem is why cant we sing our own song in our own idol. MUST WE SING AMERICA MUSIC. has anybody notice this?

don't you see the fallacy in your statement? Is the show really ours?
why do we have "nigerian idol"? is it not because we are trying to emulate "american idol"?

i'm sure you have seen the SA idol with the lady putting an African twist to her song. she got ridiculed off the stage by millions.
lesson: when on an "idol" show, sing like the Americans! It's an American show originally afterall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIqRvg3TAfk&feature=player_embedded

how do you embed videos?
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by Gsmxpert(m): 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2012
I think we must stop trying to imitate others and have our inventories.
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by MrGlobe(m): 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2012
c.fours:

don't you see the fallacy in your statement? Is the show really ours?
why do we have "nigerian idol"? is it not because we are trying to emulate "american idol"?

i'm sure you have seen the SA idol with the lady putting an African twist to her song. she got ridiculed off the stage by millions.
lesson: when on an "idol" show, sing like the Americans! It's an American show originally afterall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIqRvg3TAfk&feature=player_embedded

how do you embed videos?
Exactly what I was rushing in to say. Nigerians copy everything but find it hard to give credits and btw you shouldnt because you love Nigerian music think everybody does. If you dont like it, flip the channel.
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by Mynd44: 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2012
Still crap
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by Ozegbe(m): 7:11pm On Jan 29, 2012
i admit posting this on the wrong section. mod move it to music section btw i think we really need to stop copying the american because you cant grow beyond the limits of the one you imitate
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by ShyOne(f): 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
I was SHOCKED AND STUNNED and highly disappointed when I went online to listen to Lagos Smooth 98.1 and heard AA music blaring from the station NEARLY EVERY SINGLE SONG FOR HOURS.

What was really disheartening was that a large majority of it was sung by Nigerian artists who were copying the song.  I wondered if the artists had given permission to these Nigerian artists, because if they didn't the artists could be sued for plagiarism.

AA music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, a lot of it had been resung and was being aired and played by Nigerian artists on Nigerian  airwaves,  but songs sung in the past 10 years were sung on the airwaves by the original artist, and had not been copied, probably because they would be easily recognized.

But much of those songs that are out-of-date and aren't as easily recognized were copied by Nigerian artists (I am a music connoisseur so I can recognize those beats all the way back to the 1920s and some even in that era, I know my jazz, big band, bluegrass, blues, hip hop, rap, classic, classic rock, rock, acid rock, easy listening, country, musicals, etc,  - white and black music, I used to work at a record store and I know and have heard all the hits and I use to be a Disc Jockey as well so I am overly familiar with music)

I was trying to listen to Nigerian music and Nigerian artists and was just surprised to hear AA music on 98.1.  They are playing AA music, 90% of the music they play is AA from the U.S., though their disc jockeys have a british accent, lolololol, what the hell?  

Then I listen to all these NL's come on and put AA's down and thought to myself, HYPOCRITE aren't thou names to so many of them.  Grooving to our music and calling us animals and putting down our culture, but our music is A HUGE PART OF OUR CULTURE that they listen to, copy and sing.

smh    daaaaayyyyyuuuuummmmm.

So now I have this major disconnect, obviously many NL writers are LIARS because we aren't hated, we are loved by Nigerians because our music, our voices are being heard in their homes, place of business, in public and in their cars.

And yet had I not heard this with my own ears, I would still be thinking that Nigerians disliked AA's, go to the tribal section and read the comments and I bet every one of those writers is grooving to an AA song on their Ipod or on their radio.

smh

dang people just be honest, you don't have to be 2-faced.  Show 1 face.
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by ShyOne(f): 7:22pm On Jan 29, 2012
Shoot let me start, I like Nigerian Food and I like Nigerian People.

Is it hard for you to admit that you love AA music and you like AA people?  You like the way we dress and the way we wear our hair, especially us women.

Ok, here I go again,

I love the tribal dresses and the colors and the clothing of Nigerians, I also love American dresses and colors and clothing as well,

I love Nigerian accents and I love accents from the U.S. that are from the East Coast and from the Southern parts of the country.

See??  Now how hard was that?

Just be 1 face, instead of saying what you don't like, but playing our hits and groovin real hard to our beats, smh

We can learn from each other. Nigerians can learn from AA's (especially how to assimilate into another culture by creating your own culture within a culture) and AA's can learn from Nigerians (how to persevere without losing yourself and working very hard to overcome by striving and obtaining success; holding on to it when you come out on the other side)
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by Ozegbe(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2012
what?
Re: America Idol: They Sing Their Music, Nigerian Idol: We Sing Their Music Too. by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 30, 2012
Because most of the music in 9ja are crap

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid,m.i,and Ice Prince Fans Here And Their Lyrics / Photos From Ghana Music Week Concert:el, Sarkodie, Samini.... / Watch The Romantic Video Of BRYMO Titled GOOD MORNING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.