Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Survey: Thesis Project - Nigerian Movie Industry - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Survey: Thesis Project - Nigerian Movie Industry (1730 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Survey: Thesis Project - Nigerian Movie Industry by ugoenyioha: 10:39am On Jul 14, 2005
Hi all,

I'm a Nigerian student at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania in the United States. My major is Computer Science (with
a specialization in Information Security Technology).

I'm rounding up my program within a year, and I've been considering
several different project's to pursue for my thesis. Naturally,
considering that I came from Nigeria in the last year, I decided to
focus one of my possible projects around one of our rapidly growing
industries - the movie industry.

I have set up a survey on Zoomerang for interested people to fill and
help me decide if this concept is worthy of the effort I would
especially like to invest in it. The URL to this survey is:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB224GW5MVZ2S

Plese take some time to assist me in filling out this survey. And also
if you could forward it to your friends or other individuals that you
consider may be interested, I would be most appreciative. The survey
is short and shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to fill.

Thanks so much.

Ugo Enyioha
MSISTM/INI
Carnegie Mellon University

Please feel free to email me at uenyioha@andrew.cmu.edu if you have any questions. No spam please.
Re: Survey: Thesis Project - Nigerian Movie Industry by Seun(m): 11:16am On Jul 15, 2005
The survey is about personal video recorders (PVR), video devices that allow users to save television programs so that they can watch them later, using a hard disk and sophisticated software. I've taken a look but I'm yet to fill it at this point.

Ugo, are you these questions are specifically meant for people living in Nigeria/Africa? How come the final question is, "which country are you taking this survey from? (USA, UK, Other)"
Re: Survey: Thesis Project - Nigerian Movie Industry by ugoenyioha: 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2005
A very important component of the system is internet access - high speed internet access. My estimates at the moment tell me that DSL would be the minimum for a "usable" consumer experience. Now I'm not very sure how prevalent DSL is in Nigeria at the moment. But I've been reading about Globacom's Progress - so tell me more if you know anything?

I left Nigeria out of the multiple choice questions because the survey was initially targeted to Africans outside of Nigeria. But I've been getting some interesting feedback from there. It runs for 10 days. I'll add Nigeria to the new one I will run thereafter.

(1) (Reply)

Can We Throw Rita Dominic Into A Cave? / Who Are The Worst Actors In Nollywood? / Bba's Millicent Mugadi Wins Election In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.