Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

How Do I Create Pdfs Dynamically From My Website? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Create Pdfs Dynamically From My Website? (1460 Views)

How Can I Create Multiplication Table Using Qbasic And Fortran? PLS HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Create Pdfs Dynamically From My Website? by ufumes(m): 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2012
I have a site that publishes science articles. I would like to my visitors to be able to create the pdf versions of their articles dynamically from my site. Do you know of any API that I can use to accomplish this task?

I know it is possible because I have downloaded couples of PDF science articles in the past that contains the date i downloaded them. I believe the PDF file was created dynamically.

Thanks in anticipation for your help
Re: How Do I Create Pdfs Dynamically From My Website? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 30, 2012
There is this DOMPDF i believe, i used it on the PDF tool on my site to generate PDF on the fly - http://tools..net/view/pdfconverter
Re: How Do I Create Pdfs Dynamically From My Website? by Fayimora(m): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2012
@OP I guess it depends on the technology you use to develop the site!
Re: How Do I Create Pdfs Dynamically From My Website? by ektbear: 2:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
Sure you don't want to create the PDFs beforehand and serve that?

You could of course create dynamically (lots of tools for converting text documents to PDF). But that might put more demand on your system, no?

Imo, just as soon as you get a science article, create a pdf version (using some code you write, I suppose), save that PDF somewhere (again with code) and serve it up when they request it.
Re: How Do I Create Pdfs Dynamically From My Website? by craziest: 9:06am On Feb 09, 2012
Try TCPDF at (http://www.tcpdf.org/) It is excellent. I just use it.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Still A Mere Computer Programmer? OMG! / Bad Languages Require Ides / Who Can Help Me Build Video Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.