Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? (16269 Views)

Photos: A Man Trekked From Jama'are To Bauchi But Have No One To Welcome Him / Buhari Wins In Bauchi With Wide Margin / 2015 Election: Jonathan Will Win In Bauchi With Me As Governor — Yuguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Afam4eva(m): 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
One of us wanted to sell a house he spent above 20m to develop in Bauchi. No one opted to buy it. He begged his friend who is a native of the state and who can afford it. The man came to the house, went round and offered him N500k. Our brother thought he was joking. But the Alhaji meant it. He asked our brother, did you come to Bauchi with any land? He entered his car and zoomed off. Chai!

2 Likes

Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by NegroNtns(m): 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2012
Afam,

Ezioku? Are you ibo? Wetin you bring this topic for?
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jookco(m): 5:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
Afam my brother this is good for us Igbo's since we always want to develop another mans land before even thinking of building one bedroom in our land,

1 Like

Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Afam4eva(m): 5:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
I'm telling you my brother. It really serves him right. Next time he'll think home.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by NegroNtns(m): 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2012
What is your purpose for this topic? To teach a lesson, is that it?
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Afam4eva(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2012
Yes, it is.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by hercules07: 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2012
Next time, he would have taken a loan with that house as the guarantee, if he defaults, the house will be taken over, people need to learn to do things with wisdom.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by NegroNtns(m): 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
Alhaji has his eyes on that house now. hercules thats good point. . . .they will learn. Afam, your reason is correct but will they heed?
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Fhemmmy: 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
afam4eva:

I'm telling you my brother. It really serves him right. Next time he'll think home.

How do we define where home is in one's country?
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Afam4eva(m): 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2012
Fhemmmy:

How do we define where home is in one's country?

His home is his ancestral home town which is in Igboland.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2012
afam4eva:

His home is his ancestral home town which is in Igboland.

I thought being a Nigeria was enough to make his home anywhere in Nigeria . . . So you mean all that were from other part of Nigeria and yet build in Lagos are doing the wrong thing?
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by seenoevil1: 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2012
One of us wanted to sell a house he spent above 20m to develop in Bauchi. No one opted to buy it. He begged his friend who is a native of the state and who can afford it. The man came to the house, went round and offered him N500k. Our brother thought he was joking. But the Alhaji meant it. He asked our brother, did you come to Bauchi with any land? He entered his car and zoomed off. Chai!

Afam abeg help me give one bottle to that Alhaji . The Alhaji na correct man . 20million on another mans land , what a f00l . ALHAJI NO TRY SEF , IF NA ME I GO USE N50 COLLECT THE HOUSE FROM DE MUMU HAND.

1 Like

Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
see*noevil:

Afam abeg help me give one bottle to that Alhaji . The Alhaji na correct man . 20million on another mans land , what a f00l . ALHAJI NO TRY SEF , IF NA ME I GO USE N50 COLLECT THE HOUSE FROM DE MUMU HAND.
Another man's land?
Did he not pay for the land?
Is he not a Nigerian building on the soil of Nigeria?
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Afam4eva(m): 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Another man's land?

I think  you don't live in Nigeria, so, you won't understand the way things are done in Nigeria.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by russellino: 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2012
Its a pity because the igboman built the house with the purest of intentions in what was part of his country. Nothing spoil sha. My uncle has a favourite saying in yoruba that says - "what was done yesterday can still be done tomorrow". Umunne go recover from all this loss and our home will be better for it
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by NegroNtns(m): 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
See no evil, you are wicked. . . very wicked!  Chei, see as that gulder dey cry. . . . i dey here my mouth dey water but i no fit touch am.  

Afam, answer Fhemmy's questions about ibos that built homes in Lagos. Does this same lesson apply to them? Or are you waiting when Yoruba start killing ibo before applying the lesson?
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

See no evil, you are wicked. . . very wicked!  Chei, see as that gulder dey cry. . . . i dey here my mouth dey water but i no fit touch am.  

Afam, answer Fhemmy's questions about ibos that built homes in Lagos. Does this same lesson apply to them? Or are you waiting when Yoruba start killing ibo before applying the lesson?

The same rule apply everywhere. The Nigerian government is paying lip service to the protection of properties of individual in this cesspit we love to call a country. Tomorrow when lagos indigenes go on rampage everybody will start speaking in different tongues(tongues that they've not spoken since they were born when they were busy claiming lagos boy/chick). . If you must invest outside your homeland then invest even more in your home state. A word is sufficient for the wise.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by seenoevil1: 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Another man's land?

BROS E BE LIKE SEY U DEY FEEL LIKE MARTIN LUTHER KING ABI ? ABEG MAKE U NO GO ABOKI MAN LAND DEY CLAIM ONE NIGERIA O!!! OR ELSE YOU WOULD BE THOUGHT A LESSON THAT YOU WOULD NEVER FORGET . I HAVE HEARD LOTS OF STORIES FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE RETURNED BACK FROM THE NORTH . GO AROUND PROBABLY TO A MOTOR PARK WERE PASSENGERS RETURNING FROM THE NORTH ALIGHT AND THEN ASK THEM HOWFAR , I AM SURE THEY WOULD ALL HAVE A THING OR 2 TO TELL YOU.

AS FOR THE SOUTH WEST , IT HAS BEEN A CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR PEOPLE OF ALL REGION JUST LIKE THE MIDDLE BELT AND THE SOUTH EAST . HOWEVER THE NORTH HAS BEEN A HOSTILE TERRAIN EVEN BEFORE NIGERIA GOT ITS INDEPENDENCE (1945 KILLINGS)

1 Like

Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by aljharem(m): 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2012
I don't believe this story, I think the Op is just trying to sensitizes people to stop moving outside Igboland but he is forgeting that people don't care. Everyone has to survive regardless of region or ethnic affiliation
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Afam4eva(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2012
alj harem:

I don't believe this story, I think the Op is just trying to sensitizes people to stop moving outside Igboland but he is forgeting that people don't care. Everyone has to survive regardless of region or ethnic affiliation

Whether the story is true or false does not suffice. Are you telling me that this is not a common practice in Nigeria?
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by aljharem(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2012
afam4eva:

The same rule apply everywhere. The Nigerian government is paying lip service to the protection of properties of individual in this cesspit we love to call a country. Tomorrow when lagos indigenes go on rampage everybody will start speaking in different tongues(tongues that they've not spoken since they were born when they were busy claiming lagos boy/chick). . If you must invest outside your homeland then invest even more in your home state. A word is sufficient for the wise.

Have you invested more in enugu  than lagos ?

afam stop this propaganda you have started angry

people should be able to leave anywhere there is peace and security. people must survive

even if we are different countries today, people would still move to a region of more money.

an avaerge man does not care where he invest, so long as he is confortable , can speak the language, understands the culture. then he is fine
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by aljharem(m): 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2012
afam4eva:

Whether the story is true or false does not suffice. Are you telling me that this is not a common practice in Nigeria?

Yes it is common practice in Nigeria if the non indigenes behave themselves and don't push their luck

A nigerian can not just go to UK and start claiming false figures or claim political power etc of course the indigenes of the place would be angry.

If the non-indigene behave him/herself and acclimatize to the system over there and not try to force his views on the people then fine. No one cares.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by FASTLINK1: 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2012
@OP

I think he can still approach the Banks with Mr. Hercules idea. Atleast, that would expose him to more  than what Alhaji priced him.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Jan 30, 2012
alj harem:

Yes it is common practice in Nigeria if the non indigenes behave themselves and don't push their luck

A nigerian can not just go to  UK and start claiming false figures or claim political power etc of course the indigenes of the place would be angry.

If the non-indigene behave him/herself and acclimatize to the system over there and not try to force his views on the people then fine. No one cares.

So, what's happening in the north is the case of Igbos trying to claim false figures and political power. The truth still remains that one's investment is safer in ones home state. You can say whatever you want but Nigerians now know the truth.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Jan 30, 2012
FAST-LINK:

@OP

I think he can still approach the Banks with Mr. Hercules idea. Atleast, that would expose him to more  than what Alhaji priced him.

Do you mean bokoharam bank or the ones that are leaving enmasse.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Rhino5dm: 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
This news is FALSE!!! Tell me the name of the owner and i swear to buy the house if it really worth that amount. I know ALL the Igbos  in Bauchi..

ALL the famous igbos operating in that state are known.  From Plaza Hotel, Obunna Royal Hotal, Ebule Auto mechanic and Eze

Jude. . . to mention but afew, are very popular and well known.

[size=18pt]Oya tell me the Igbo that owned a house that worth 20 million naira in Bauchi[/size]

[size=45pt]In Gulder I trust[/size] cheesy
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by aljharem(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2012
afam4eva:

So, what's happening in the north is the case of Igbos trying to claim false figures and political power. The truth still remains that one's investment is safer in ones home state. You can say whatever you want but Nigerians now know the truth.
Nothing is happening in the north. Boko haram is not targetting Igbos so it is not an ethnic thing

yes it is good to invest at home but once you are in ur country, you can invest anywhere you please and it SHOULD BE SAFE SO LONG AS YOU ARE READY TO ACCLIMATIZE AND BEHAVE OURSELVES.

Yes we know the truth and I made an analogy of an igbo man in zuru villages in kebbi which is very remote but he is happy there
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by FASTLINK1: 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2012
alj harem:

Nothing is happening in the north. Boko haram is not targetting Igbos so it is not an ethnic thing

yes it is good to invest at home but once you are in ur country, you can invest anywhere you please and it SHOULD BE SAFE SO LONG AS YOU ARE READY TO ACCLIMATIZE AND BEHAVE OURSELVES.

Yes we know the truth and I made an analogy of an igbo man in zuru villages in kebbi which is very remote but he is happy there

Hey,A Visitor is a Visitor, no matter where and how long, even on this planet earth, it's all about investing wisely, everybody is free to invest anywhere anyhow but one thing is for sure, no matter how bright and sexy the sun could get night must surely come.
A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by nduchucks: 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy

SMH
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Rhino5dm: 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
Alh.  Dont sweat!!  The OP forgot that this 2012 and not 1967, where news can be quickly ascertained with speed of light. Very wrong of them to use Bauchi. cry

The news is fake or at best a  bullcrap. This is how they create insecurity back home with LIES and FALSE news.

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/RkT5IfagSCkGGnDzfXWXh0mcrNVoii5S9qgWf-Ga87X0*z*-b1bJlHApgW2MnHpscdH8Nfyvk84r1yYgbSqlXj6tCGE6mUZH/24188_367054338413_703218413_3599727_5889793_n.jpg[/img]

alj harem:

Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by ephomoghia: 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
I have always said this to anyone who cares to listen, the igbo's should not be the once to force oneness to other Nigerians and as such they should live and do their business as strangers were ever they find themselves.
I think soon they will realize that they are imposing themselves to other tribes too much that some see them as dominance hence they are and will keep being the target of all of these until they learn to be very cautious.
It is true that they get the money from the land they do their business but the fact that they pay taxes in those areas is enough and they most not forget that even if they are many in those Areas does not make those Areas their home realizing that they too are not too hospitable people too.
I know that some of them reading this will start spiting fire but the truth most be told or better still they should bear it and stop complaining
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by NegroNtns(m): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2012
Eze Rhino, grin

Kedu kodu? Afam, in case you didnt know. . . Rhino is the new Eze Ndigbo of NL. Onlytruth has been fired!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Demonising Tinubu, And The Limit Of Lies....lateef Raji / Wike And Wife Celebrate 17th Marriage Anniversary Today (PHOTO) / Prof. Soyinka Has Refused To Endorse Me For President – Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.