Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,082 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? (16299 Views)

Photos: A Man Trekked From Jama'are To Bauchi But Have No One To Welcome Him / Buhari Wins In Bauchi With Wide Margin / 2015 Election: Jonathan Will Win In Bauchi With Me As Governor — Yuguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Seriously,you need to stay the bleep away from my post you devils handwork!!
You are a cursed man and these curses will follow ur generations to come!! You are the ones that wanted one Nigeria so bad,today,these are what you get!! Every Nigeria group that contributed to the GENOCIDE commited against my ppl will get their fair share of reward from almighty God!!!
Its just gonna take sometime; keep watching cus what goes around comes around. . .hehehe

Have you finished mocking the Igbos about how ur ppl massacrered them ?
About how our women were rapped by ur dirty northerners and got massacrered !!
About how our innocent children were slaughtered and died of kwashiorko ?
About the greatness of awolawo for suggesting the starve tactics ??

Almighty God will punish and torment you till you die!!
Ekwensu bulugi onu!!

Stop peddling foolish lies about. Was it not Adaka boro that block your access to sea and starved you?
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by nduchucks: 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2012
see*noevil:

ADMIT THAT YOU ARE A  STARK ILLITERATE AND A F00L WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT NIGERIAN POLITICS . YOUR POLITICAL AWARENESS STARTED WITH NAIRALAND AND WAS BUILT ON THE FOUNDATION OF TRIBALISM YOUR KIND LAID HERE ON NAIRALAND AND THAT'S WHY YOU THINK THAT ISLAMIC EXTREMISM STARTED IN THE 90'S . INSTEAD OF MAKING A F00L OUT OF YOURSELF ADMIT YOU MADE A MISTAKE AND STOP OPENING YOUR STÜPID  MOUTH TO TALK ABOUT THINGS THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT .

Please crawl back into the hole you came from. Flee flea. cheesy
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by SisiKill1: 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

I know those area you served very well. Shebi na Darazo LGA?. Those guys sooo much believe in voodoo and mystical powers, charms and amulets. I did go to school in that GSS opposite General hospital, roughly 120 minute drive from the state capital. A gateway town to Gabarin-Lago-Kari(headquater of gays)-Potiskum-Maiduguri(Borno State). Those are really my dark years in life filled with violence, group fighting, hatefulness, mystical belief and ofcourse unforgettable experiences. We had to do alot of unspeakable things to prove our bravely. E.g like going to the cemetary alone in the mid night. Do you know one famous man called[b] "Santurakin Darazo"?[/b]. 

Do you know as at early 90's there are gays community in that town? shocked shocked . Some of the reasons i always want to believe in the genetical make-ups theory behind being a gay. Because, there was no reason whatsoever for those guys to be perverts(apology, am not homophobic), if really they aren't. Dressed in faminine wears, speak like women, walk like a women, operates various gay ban'ging spots in that town and even occassionally get married among the gay community. I witness several of such marriages way back in the early to mid 90's and the people have no problem with that. Though, they are semi-isolated but are free to move around and highly accepted with no any sign of animosity, i doubt if those hypocrites claiming to be practising sharia would allow that now.

The youths over there are all potential boko haramist. Illiteracy level is very high and ganstarism is a fashion. Every youth want to be involved in violence, the only sure way of induction into "hall of fame". Heaven for killer street fighters and last men standing. You must soji . . .when they come for you! cool

There is a popular mango plantation called "cicir" in the outskirt of the town, 5000 mango trees in a small compacted area, a famous seasonal place for harvest and all that.

Lmao!! I think the reason they are widely accepted and are free to move around is because they are not gay in sense of the word! They are transgender. .  these people genuinely believe they are women. Our Maigaurd's son is one of them. . .Dan Daudus. He does not see himself as a man at all and everything about him is so feminine. If you spend enough time with them, you will totally forget these are men.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Knoc: 8:41pm On Jan 31, 2012
pile not urself treasure on earth where moth will eat up
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:48pm On Jan 31, 2012
jason123:

Stop peddling foolish lies about. Was it not Adaka boro that block your access to sea and starved you?

Mr,why are you calling me a liar ??
Did  Adaka Borro not take orders from his Nigerian Gov. masters ?
Did he come up with the idea to starve the Biafrans ?
Did he have any choice ?
Wasnt he gonna be killed if he had sympatized nor refuse to fight for Nigeria?
Answer these question and we will continue from there.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by dempeople(m): 9:05pm On Jan 31, 2012
My advice to our people not just in Arewa but also ebe na-abughi alaigbo is that, in the event that it comes to a point where we have to depart an area permanently, we should allow fire to do what it does best.

By now, there should be a permanent systematic and gradual redrawal from all enemy territories.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Mr,why are you calling me a liar ??
Did  Adaka Borro not take orders from his Nigerian Gov. masters ?
Did he come up with the idea to starve the Biafrans ?
Did he have any choice ?
Wasnt he gonna be killed if he had sympatized nor refuse to fight for Nigeria?
Answer these question and we will continue from there.

^^^^

Again try to educate yourself. Moreover, the starvation started before Awo commented on it. When a lie goes on for so long, it becomes the truth and that is what has been happening in Nigeria among the Igbo population. I kinda understand why you don't like him but please, let's say the truth.
Also, just in case you do not know, FOOD got to Biafra but it was used to feed the soldiers instead of the populace.
If Awolowo was as bad as you guys have made him, certainly Ojukwu (May he rest in perfect peace) would have hated his guts for starving his people and wouldn't have said he is the best president Nigeria never had.

And. . .yeah, he (boro) had a choice, he could have joined "biafra" but he didn't. . .

All in all, you guys should stop your pettiness (it might be too strong a word during this period), its been over 40 years. Most of the people that fought that war are dead. Ojukwu is dead!
Awolowo is dead!
Adaka Boro is dead!
it remains Gowon . . .

Abeg, we are a new generation. Fighting the Yorubas or Niger-delta or vis-versa would be deadly for any group because it would lead to a balkalisation of the south and I am sure you know what that means in today's politics, don't you?

There was a reason why the ND leaders met with the SE, SW and NC.

http://www.adakaboro.org/

The Nigerians then settled down to a period of a siege by blockading Biafra. Amphibious landings by the Nigerian marines led by Major Isaac Adaka Boro captured the Niger Delta cities of Bonny, Okrika and Port Harcourt on July 26, and the port of Calabar on October 18 by elements of the Nigerian 3rd Marine Commando Division. In the north, Biafran forces were pushed back into their core Igbo territory, and the capital of Biafra, the city of Enugu, was captured by Nigerian forces belonging to the 1st Infantry Division on October 4
http://www.tebyan.net/events_history/world_events/2010/7/6/129939.html

I'll advise once more, leave the North! Their land is not gold! Develop your land the same way you "developed" Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Abuja, Kano etc as you guys put it. Once you do that, you'll not have to take this rubbish and insult!

A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2012
jason123:

I'll advise once more, leave the North! Their land is not gold! Develop your land the same way you "developed" Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Abuja, Kano etc as you guys put it. Once you do that, you'll not have to take this rubbish and insult!

A word is enough for the wise!

so after we abandon our properties in the north, then what? hope that it won't happen again in "Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Abuja, Kano etc" as you put it. undecided
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by dayokanu(m): 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2012
How markate?
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2012
re@lchange:

so after we abandon our properties in the north, then what? hope that it won't happen again in "Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Abuja, Kano etc" as you put it. undecided

Why would it happen if we all respect each other?? Take for example the Ebonyi state fight between Ezza and Ezilo (there are many more all over the country but this is more recent), things like that are bound to happen because of lack of respect. For Southern Nigeria to be a success, we have to drop this gloating that we own this,more 'sophisticated', our oil (though federalism is a MUST), and that on another man's land. If you are on another man's land(even Abuja), respect their customs, in fact, be one of them.

We (southerners) obviously have our individual problems and stereotypes but we need to respect each other and not gloat over them. We need to understand our differences and find a way around them but to drop our differences (including our territories, land etc) even in Southern Nigeria, we would have the same problem (Nigeria) all over again.

Second thing I want to dismiss is that there is nothing like "no man's land" in Nigeria. Even with the heavy influx of other Nigerians in Abuja, Abuja still have owners, if not, why haven't BH bombed any southern city but bombed Abuja

As for places like Lagos, Onitcha, Warri and Port-harcourt city; please people, to prevent violence and ethnic distrust, this places have owners. If Nigeria was to have an all out split (O.Y.O), PH will go to Ijaws no matter the amount to "investment" you have in it. Abuja will go to the "North" (whether NC or Core north), no matter the amount of investment. Lagos will go to the Yorubas, if you like scream from now to tomorrow. Onitcha will go to the Igbos.

These things will happen and there is absolutely NOTHING you and I can do about it. If it could happen in the 1960's, in Isreal when the true owners came back (depending on who's side you are on) etc , it can certainly happen in Nigeria!

We might be paid a compensation but that is about it. If not, why can't the Hausas go riot in Lagos since its a "no man's land"? Why can't the Yorubas OPC go crazy in PH?? Or a[b] MAJOR[/b] MASSOB rally in PH or Abuja? Or Arewa rally in Onitcha?

Hence my brothers, at least in the South, we negotiate and we are fair (except PH in the 1960's); develop your states to be the envy for all see! In the south, I see Yoruba, Igbo, Itsekiri, Ijaw, Uhrobo and some times Hausas etc mingling and clubbing, marrying and all. My point is, invest in your lands, if you have to venture out, invest in the South not the Core-North. The south can always talk her way out of violence!
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 10:52pm On Jan 31, 2012
As for onlytruthOnlylies, why don't you come back to burn any of your family's property in the North or any part of the country and see if you'll live to chat on the internet. Leave your AMERICA and come back home!
You want your people to die while you are in America eating KFC! To be a leader, you should learn to face what other people are facing or learn to take the initiative by burning your (or family member's) properties and posting them on NL; not giving directives from your comfort zone!
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2012
afam I must commend you for that funny story  grin

That Alhaji na wise man. How many Nigerians in the west do you see BUILDING houses here? abeg.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2012
jason123:

Why would it happen if we all respect each other?? Take for example the Ebonyi state fight between Ezza and Ezilo (there are many more all over the country but this is more recent), things like that are bound to happen because of lack of respect. For Southern Nigeria to be a success, we have to drop this gloating that we own this,more 'sophisticated', our oil (though federalism is a MUST), and that on another man's land. If you are on another man's land(even Abuja), respect their customs, in fact, be one of them.

We (southerners) obviously have our individual problems and stereotypes but we need to respect each other and not gloat over them. We need to understand our differences and find a way around them but to drop our differences (including our territories, land etc) even in Southern Nigeria, we would have the same problem (Nigeria) all over again.

Second thing I want to dismiss is that there is nothing like "no man's land" in Nigeria. Even with the heavy influx of other Nigerians in Abuja, Abuja still have owners, if not, why haven't BH bombed any southern city but bombed Abuja

As for places like Lagos, Onitcha, Warri and Port-harcourt city; please people, to prevent violence and ethnic distrust, this places have owners. If Nigeria was to have an all out split (O.Y.O), PH will go to Ijaws [/b]no matter the amount to "investment" you have in it. Abuja will go to the "North" (whether NC or Core north), no matter the amount of investment. Lagos will go to the Yorubas, if you like scream from now to tomorrow. Onitcha will go to the Igbos.

These things will happen and there is absolutely NOTHING you and I can do about it. If it could happen in the 1960's, in Isreal when the true owners came back (depending on who's side you are on) etc , it can certainly happen in Nigeria!

We might be paid a compensation but that is about it. If not, why can't the Hausas go riot in Lagos since its a "no man's land"? Why can't the Yorubas OPC go crazy in PH?? Or a[b] MAJOR
MASSOB rally in PH or Abuja? Or Arewa rally in Onitcha?

Hence my brothers, at least in the South, we negotiate and we are fair (except PH in the 1960's); develop your states to be the envy for all see! In the south, I see Yoruba, Igbo, Itsekiri, Ijaw, Uhrobo and some times Hausas etc mingling and clubbing, marrying and all. My point is, invest in your lands, if you have to venture out, invest in the South not the Core-North. The south can always talk her way out of violence!

you are being mischievous by saying that port harcourt will go to ijaws. well, it may happen if ikwerre is ijaw, or if ikwerre choses to go with ijaw. i doubt that.
as for respect, i call it stooopid for anyone to attack another because of respect. that is why we have laws and there is no provision for respect in our laws. there is provision for freedom of speech(irrespective of how someone might feel about our views), there is provision for freedom of movement and religion (no matter where you are moving and provided you are not committing a crime with your religion).
nigeria is a lie because people don't practice what the constitution says.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2012
jason123:

As for onlytruth, why don't you come back to burn any of your family's property in the North or any part of the country and see if you'll live to chat on the internet. Leave your AMERICA and come back home!
You want your people to die while you are in America eating KFC! To be a leader, you should learn to face what other people are facing or learn to take the initiative by burning your (or family member's) properties and posting them on NL; not giving directives from your comfort zone!

stop insulting our eze you anuofia  angry
ojukwu lived in england for many years too. some of our best brains are outside nigeria. when the time comes, we shall deploy them for maximum effect.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Tosinville(m): 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2012
True yarn
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by macjive01: 11:04pm On Jan 31, 2012
jason u re daft head. u reason with ur ass
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 11:06pm On Jan 31, 2012
re@lchange:

you are being mischievous by saying that port harcourt will go to ijaws. well, it may happen if ikwerre is ijaw, or if ikwerre choses to go with ijaw. i doubt that.
as for respect, i call it stooopid for anyone to attack another because of respect. that is why we have laws and there is no provision for respect in our laws. there is provision for freedom of speech(irrespective of how someone might feel about our views), there is provision for freedom of movement and religion (no matter where you are moving and provided you are not committing a crime with your religion).
nigeria is a lie because people don't practice what the constitution says.

^^^^

Far from it bruv, it may go to Ikwerris or whoever, I could careless.
Now, to the meat of your post:

Law? In Nigeria? Abeg, no kill me with laughter. Okay, why didn't the police engage OPC when they move around Lagos with live ammunitions, from a rifle to a pump-shot gun, even though it was broadcasted on the international news??
Why didn't the JTF stop MEND instead of joining them to bunker oil??
Why didn't the police stop the Ikwerris or whoever from take over Igbo properties in 1970?
What happen to Ken-saro-wiwa, Abiola, Giwa and all? What happened to their killers?
What about the fulani crises allover Nigeria, including a recent one in Delta state?
Aren't Gani adam,Dokubo, Fasheun,  Tompolo, Ciroma, Atiku, Uwazurike, etc meant to be charged for treason if we are indeed lawful in Nigeria?
What about the internet tribalist?? What happened to cyber laws?
What about Itsekiris and Ijaws over land fights even though the law favored the former?

I could go on and on till eternity. Bruv, there is no law in Nigeria! As there is no law in a jungle!
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by macjive01: 11:10pm On Jan 31, 2012
what do u know about nigerian make up? @jason

what constitutes North? is Abuja hausa land?

what is the percentage of muslims in middle belt ?

do u think middlebelt plus southern kaduna will stay with ur hausa ass?

what do u know about portharcout?

peter odili and present governor what are they ? ijaws ?

how on earth is portharcourt ijaw ?

Portharcourt is IGBOland - ( thats will ikwerre accepting to be igbo, if not , there are still a good half of portharcourt that are core Igbos, ndoyi, etche, egbema.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2012
My bad, I thought I was communicating with mature folks. Really? You guys respect someone that told you all to stay put in the North and die? Na wa o!

re@lchange:

stop insulting our eze you anuofia  angry
ojukwu lived in england for many years too. some of our best brains are outside nigeria. when the time comes, we shall deploy them for maximum effect.

Others do not have best brains outside, abi?? You guys are funny! Anyway, we'll chat later guys!
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2012
macjive01:

do u think middlebelt plus southern kaduna will stay with ur hausa Bottom?

Portharcourt is IGBOland - ( thats will ikwerre accepting to be igbo, if not , there are still a good half of portharcourt that are core Igbos, ndoyi, etche, egbema.

Keep quiet!
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 31, 2012
jason123:

My bad, I thought I was communicating with mature folks. Really? You guys respect someone that told you all to stay put in the North and die? Na wa o!

Others do not have best brains outside, abi?? You guys are funny! Anyway, we'll chat later guys!

you are lying
he said people should stop running in nigeria their own country
he wondered when igbos would stop running in nigeria

you are the person saying they should die in the north
if one is armed, chances are that the enemy will think twice before attacking
mind you that some igbos fleeing the north were ambushed and still killed
running is re.ta.rded.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 11:40pm On Jan 31, 2012
re@lchange:

you are lying
he said people should stop running in nigeria their own country
he wondered when igbos would stop running in nigeria

you are the person saying they should die in the north
if one is armed, chances are that the enemy will think twice before attacking
mind you that some igbos fleeing the north were ambushed and still killed
running is re.ta.rded.

Stay and do what? Fight with the indigenous population? with weapons?? Do you not think things would NEVER be the same again if you do that? What exactly is in their land Really, I am confused! These are the people that killed you in the 60's(though it was out of anger back then) and you still go there in the thousands while your land and maybe your southern neighbour's land suffer. I heard some did fight in kano or kaduna before but why can't they now? It's simply because there are certain matters you can't stay and "fight" about, if you do, it would be your death sentence. After all, after the elections, did the same people stay and fight? NO! Small street fights are way different from what is/might happen now.

I understand the ones that already have something in the North but what about does that do not have, yet, they go there! Because of such high concentrations, if anything happens in the North, it will seem as if Igbos are targeted while that might not be the case.

Nchara once posted here that the SE has loads of stuffs. From Oil in Anambra to the hotels in Imo (my GF confirmed) etc. In fact, I dare say, from Lagos, to Port harcourt, to warri, to Asaba to Onitcha. There are different business opportunities (you and your neighbours can always talk if things get crazy. At least, your "[/b]cowardly[b]" neighbour hates violence and that would be their last option cheesy). If its being a "chemist" and you think there is too much competition, what happen to some SS villages? SW? Even the same SE? Okay, at worst, Middle belt!

Bruv, I am being sincere to you without any iota of mischief (you guys are also my people cause of my fiancee), move down south. Leave the North for good. Develop your states and at worst, your neighbors states but your states as the primary aim. Make it conducive for your people. We can't be shouting Biafra and yet act "one nigeria". Notice the North, SS and SW do not invest much outside their region. At maximum, the SS and SW invest in the SOUTH (SE,SS,SW)!!!

Help yourselves brothers. Once bitten twice shy. This might be the second time.

That my friend is the home truth.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by emmatok(m): 11:47pm On Jan 31, 2012
macjive01:

do u think middlebelt plus southern kaduna will stay with ur hausa Bottom?

The point @jason123 is making is clear.

Respect your host the indigenous people.

The-same reason we have crisis in JOS.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 11:49pm On Jan 31, 2012
emmatok:

Very true!!!!
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2012
emmatok:

do you know that if you mistakingly sit on top of a koran that it would be considered "disrespect" in core north?
do you know that if you don't lie flat on the ground to greet an elder in Yoruba land that it would be considered disrespect?
do you even know that if you (as a non-indigene) own the best house in some parts of nigeria, that the indigenes would consider it a mark of disrespect?
you people are just lying as usual.
the law is there to guide people.
there is no law in the nigerian legal books that recognizes "respect" as an issue
so how can one implement that respect?

abeg disintegrate the damn fake country jare!  undecided
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 31, 2012
jason123:

Stay and do what? Fight with the indigenous population? with weapons?? Do you not think things would NEVER be the same again if you do that? What exactly is in their land Really, I am confused! These are the people that killed you in the 60's(though it was out of anger back then) and you still go there in the thousands while your land and maybe your southern neighbour's land suffer. I heard some did fight in kano or kaduna before but why can't they now? It's simply because there are certain matters you can't stay and "fight" about, if you do, it would be your death sentence. After all, after the elections, did the same people stay and fight? NO! Small street fights are way different from what is/might happen now.

I understand the ones that already have something in the North but what about does that do not have, yet, they go there! Because of such high concentrations, if anything happens in the North, it will seem as if Igbos are targeted while that might not be the case.

Nchara once posted here that the SE has loads of stuffs. From Oil in Anambra to the hotels in Imo (my GF confirmed) etc. In fact, I dare say, from Lagos, to Port harcourt, to warri, to Asaba to Onitcha. There are different business opportunities (you and your neighbours can always talk if things get crazy. At least, your "[/b]cowardly[b]" neighbour hates violence and that would be their last option cheesy). If its being a "chemist" and you think there is too much competition, what happen to some SS villages? SW? Even the same SE? Okay, at worst, Middle belt!

Bruv, I am being sincere to you without any iota of mischief (you guys are also my people cause of my fiancee), move down south. Leave the North for good. Develop your states and at worst, your neighbors states but your states as the primary aim. Make it conducive for your people. We can't be shouting Biafra and yet act "one nigeria". Notice the North, SS and SW do not invest much outside their region. At maximum, the SS and SW invest in the SOUTH (SE,SS,SW)!!!

Help yourselves brothers. Once bitten twice shy. This might be the second time.

That my friend is the home truth.

i would believe you if you show that you are honest. normally one cannot fault what you wrote there but you still believe in things like "respect". i don't believe in that
abandoned property happened in port harcourt because the indigenes claimed the same lack of respect for them by the owners of the houses they stole.

so come up with something more credible.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by ak47mann(m): 12:04am On Feb 01, 2012
Awo even in death almost managed to confuse me. What a pathetic liar. Did he block food supply Nigeria was making to Biafra or he blocked food being sent by foreign aid agencies via Nigerian soil? Did Nigeria ever sent Nigerian food into Biafra? Why the the claim that ''food we sent to Biafra was being taken by soldiers''?

Also, did Ojkwu actually stop food aid from landing into Biafra? Can anyone supply an evidence of an effective stoppage of food aid by Ojukwu? What is available in video (as far as I know) is a threat from Ojukwu that if food aid does not come in addition to money (to support the military) food aid would be stopped. No where is there any evidence of actually carying out that threat of food stoppage by Ojukwu. People have been peddling these lies and I think it is time to prove it. Apparently, the threat of food stoppage - if money did not come with food - was effective in keeping the war longer. Indeed, a foreign commentator - who presumably was a significant player at that time - in the video did imply that without those charities from abroad, the war would have been lost sooner by Biafra than it was. France responded with supply of arms, cool
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by ak47mann(m): 12:07am On Feb 01, 2012
The problem I have with Awolowo is the dancing round issues to avoid a direct and HONEST answer. The 20 pounds, starvation and property seizure he sounded like he was making it up as he went. On the issue of starvation another of Awolowo's tactics of leading people a merry go round. I see he conveniently left out the fact that the Nigerian Air Force ( which was then 100% staffed with Egyptian and Russian pilots ) will most often TARGET civilian areas in particular farms when either a bombing raid was too dangerous or they could not careless. So if Awolowo was a sincere man this is something he should have mentioned. No one is doubting there were some Biafran units who seized food but what many refuse to heed or are not told is that some soldiers also died of starvation. I suppose during a war there are no rules and then you can magnify the atrocities when it concerns Nigeria if the present situation is anything to go by then anything goes. cool
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 01, 2012
ak47mann:

Awo even in death almost managed to confuse me. What a pathetic liar. Did he block food supply Nigeria was making to Biafra or he blocked food being sent by foreign aid agencies via Nigerian soil? Did Nigeria ever sent Nigerian food into Biafra? Why the the claim that ''food we sent to Biafra was being taken by soldiers''?

Also, did Ojkwu actually stop food aid from landing into Biafra? Can anyone supply an evidence of an effective stoppage of food aid by Ojukwu? What is available in video (as far as I know) is a threat from Ojukwu that if food aid does not come in addition to money (to support the military) food aid would be stopped. No where is there any evidence of actually carying out that threat of food stoppage by Ojukwu. People have been peddling these lies and I think it is time to prove it. Apparently, the threat of food stoppage - if money did not come with food - was effective in keeping the war longer. Indeed, a foreign commentator - who presumably was a significant player at that time - in the video did imply that without those charities from abroad, the war would have been lost sooner by Biafra than it was. France responded with supply of arms,  cool

actually the reason biafra rejected food aid was partly because the leadership feared that nigeria would poison the food. ojukwu never rejected food aid under any circumstance. he only rejected nigeria supplying it.
there has been later evidence to suggest that biafra's fears of a possible food poisoning by nigeria was very credible and valid. it was based on true possibility as supported by intelligence.
nigeria wanted to defeat biafra by all means because the nigerian soldiers morale was falling daily.
the nigerians wanted to end the war quickly.
only God knows what nigeria could have done if allowed to supply the food.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 12:17am On Feb 01, 2012
re@lchange:

i would believe you if you show that you are honest. normally one cannot fault what you wrote there but you still believe in things like "respect". i don't believe in that
abandoned property happened in port harcourt because the indigenes claimed the same lack of respect for them by the owners of the houses they stole.

so come up with something more credible.

Bruv; they stole, they took, they did this and that. Please, that has gone down the canals of history. Right now, Nigeria is changing. No southern group can do without the other in this Nigeria. If it were possible, the SS leaders (from the Obong of Calabar to Edwin clark) wouldn't have met with the SW leaders and I am sure the SW leaders would go to meet them in April, the same goes for the SE and SS.

I see a Southern Nigeria or Nigeria with federalism soon. With that said, you cannot chase the Igbos from Lagos, neither can you chase the Yorubas from the SS. Or SS from the SW or SE. So expect a lot of mixing up! If this is the case, we would all need to learn the word RESPECT! No one is taking over no one! We have to respect the host or else . . . . inter-tribal civil wars will destroy what ever is left of Southern Nigeria or Nigeria.

You know what?

Read this:
http://www.ndrm.typepad.com/
It would help you come to terms with what I am saying.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 01, 2012
jason123:

Bruv; they stole, they took, they did this and that. Please, that has gone down the canals of history. Right now, Nigeria is changing. No southern group can do without the other in this Nigeria. If it were possible, the SS leaders (from the Obong of Calabar to Edwin clark) wouldn't have met with the SW leaders and I am sure the SW leaders would go to meet them in April, the same goes for the SE and SS.

I see a Southern Nigeria or Nigeria with federalism soon. With that said, you cannot chase the Igbos from Lagos, neither can you chase the Yorubas from the SS. Or SS from the SW or SE. So expect a lot of mixing up! If this is the case, we would all need to learn the word RESPECT! No one is taking over no one! We have to respect the host or else . . . . inter-tribal civil wars will destroy what ever is left of Southern Nigeria or Nigeria.

You know what?

Read this:
http://www.ndrm.typepad.com/
It would help you come to terms with what I am saying.

abeg define respect for me.
Re: Igboman, Did You Come To Bauchi With Any Land? by jason123: 12:26am On Feb 01, 2012
re@lchange:

abeg define respect for me.

Hahaha grin! Omo, I no get dictionary(forget Google) and I know you know what I mean.

Anyway, based on the context in which I used the word, it should be understanding the local population. Blending with the local population, you know, people like Afam, me, Jamine and co. Not causing trouble. Fight for a struggle together as if you are one with the people. . . . .you know stuffs like that.

However, I believe the way I used that word was self-explanatory!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senate Demands Reinstatement Of Obiano’s Security Aides, Condemns IGP / FFK Applauds Oyedepo, Enenche, Suleman For Speaking Against Herdsmen / 2019: APC Power Blocs In Supremacy Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.