Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,455 members, 7,836,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? (10632 Views)

Have You Tried This Hidden Game In Google Chrome??? / Where Exactly Can I Download Draught Board Game? / Which Is The Most Popular Game In The World ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by Skii(m): 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2012
afam4eva:

Which one is draught? How can it be the most popular when i've never heard of it.

El Gabi:

I taya ooh!

Checkers
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by Falciparum(m): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2012
Draught (Called draft) is different from checkers,
coolestboy:

Draught takes d lead but i love CHESS dan any oda game, its a matured n big boyz game

So Draught isn't matured right?? that is a lame suggestion
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by KayB: 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2012
5 pillar
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 7:48pm On Feb 02, 2012
A. Draughts/Draft: Played mostly by the illiterates, unemployed and idle men (few boys play it too)

B. Monopoly: Played mostly by married couples, students and sometimes at work

C. Ludo: Played mostly by idle housewives, illiterate housewives.

D. Chess: Played mostly by professionals, educated people and also students.

E. Snake and Ladders: mostly by teenagers and students

F: Scrabble: Played mostly by Married couples, those dating, students, professionals and unemployed graduates.

I prefer scrabble followed by snake and ladder.
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by Jumaisha(f): 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2012
Ludo game!!!
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by tlops(m): 8:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
ludo!
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by dokunbam(m): 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2012
Ludo
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by hbrednic: 8:39pm On Feb 02, 2012
the most popular game is[b] WOT[/b]
give me and check up cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by ITbomb(m): 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2012
Ouija
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by vislabraye(m): 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2012
it has to be draft. But i think ludo comes nest. Scrabble is also cool
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by hamsky: 9:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
Kai wallahi is "ludo" ka ji ko
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 02, 2012
Chess
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by dont8(m): 11:12pm On Feb 02, 2012
Falciparum:

Draught is also called checkers!
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by dont8(m): 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2012
Falciparum:

Draught is also called checkers!
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by dont8(m): 11:24pm On Feb 02, 2012
El Gabi:

I taya ooh!
Are you guys for real?
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by SisiKill1: 11:29pm On Feb 02, 2012

[size=28pt]Draughts or checkers is a group of abstract strategy board games between two players which involve diagonal moves of uniform pieces and mandatory captures by jumping over the enemy's pieces. [/size]Draughts is played by two people, on opposite sides of a playing board, alternating moves. One player has dark pieces, and the other has light pieces. The player with the dark pieces makes the first move unless stated otherwise. Pieces move diagonally and pieces of the opponent are captured by jumping over them. The playable surface consists only of the dark squares. A piece may only move into an unoccupied square. Capturing is mandatory. A piece that is captured is removed from the board. In all variants, the player who has no pieces left or cannot move anymore has lost the game unless otherwise stated.

Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by damola1: 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2012
which one is sold the most on the road?
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by sniperwolf(m): 12:21am On Feb 03, 2012
Who plays board games other than grandpas and their draft
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by queensmith: 1:03am On Feb 03, 2012
I will say ludo or ayo
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by adonisgold: 7:13am On Feb 03, 2012
hbrednic:

the most popular game is[b] WOT[/b]
give me and check up cheesy cheesy cheesy

Whot is a card game not board.
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by WebSurfer(m): 7:18am On Feb 03, 2012
Where is scrabble on the list?
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by iukpe: 7:52am On Feb 03, 2012
The most popular board game?, DRINKING BEER, the winner has the most empty bottles.
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 03, 2012
Old people mostly engage in draught, there's hardly any other thing they do young people ☺ƞ the other hand used to play ludo and snakes and ladders but with the coming of video games and social networking, board games have become too boring a thing to do. ℓ̊  give it to draught.
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by beespak7(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2012
Ludo best played with double dice cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by emmydee(m): 8:44am On Feb 03, 2012
Ludo
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by gendebs(m): 11:09am On Feb 03, 2012
Draught is played mostly by men but ludo is played by men, women, girls, boys and crawling babies. Why would someone say draught is d most popular game. Ludo is d most popular any day any time.
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by hbrednic: 11:37am On Feb 03, 2012
adonisgold:

Whot is a card game not board.
thanks for the correction,my bad
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by gendebs(m): 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2012
honeric01:

A. Draughts/Draft: Played mostly by the illiterates, unemployed and idle men (few boys play it too)

B. Monopoly: Played mostly by married couples, students and sometimes at work

C. Ludo: Played mostly by idle housewives, illiterate housewives.

D. Chess: Played mostly by professionals, educated people and also students.

E. Snake and Ladders: mostly by teenagers and students

F: Scrabble: Played mostly by Married couples, those dating, students, professionals and unemployed graduates.

I prefer scrabble followed by snake and ladder.
you go fear analysist
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by tushbobo(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2012
all other BOARD games OTHER THAN chess and scrabble are just mere waste of precious time.
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by DrummaBoy(m): 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2012
Draft may be the most popular but I play CHESS.
Re: What Is The Most Popular Board Game In Nigeria? by juny0909: 3:59am On Feb 05, 2012
My favorite game is Snake and Ladders.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Independence Day Speech In Marathi | 15 August Speech In Marathi / Top 10 Android Sport Games To Download / How To Activate PES 2017 PPSSPP Multiplayer Mode On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.