Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) (11107 Views)

Men, How Long Can Stay Stay Off Sex Once Your Wife Gives Birth? / Man 'survives Without Food' For 70 Years / Taking Drugs Without Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Lovine: 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
I have gone without food and drinks for 3 and half days and even crave to continue. It was God who gave me the strength to do it. The power of flesh will fail you if you depend on that. After the prayers I discover that I had more temptation of the flesh than before I started. But God is still my strength.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2012
someone is writing an official and documented invitation to ulcer.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Lovine: 7:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
WEBDEZZI    So you don't believe the Biblical account that Moses and Jesus did it for 40 days and nights? Even queen Esther in the Bible did it 3 days without food and drinks still no invitation for ulcer, etc. Faithless generation.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by tatosh: 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2012
Four hours
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by lifestyle1(m): 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
I stayd two days without food and water last year, I'm contemplating of staying without food for 7 days this year. How many days do you intend to go ? who is monitoring you ? do you live alone or with family?
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by obowunmi(m): 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ OP: I have done 7 days without food.  cry cry cry cry
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by obowunmi(m): 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2012
I have also done three days without food or water. smiley smiley smiley

It was one of the most peaceful times in my life.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by obowunmi(m): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2012
webdezzi:

someone is writing an official and documented invitation to ulcer.

Well depends.

I think everyone should make sure that they are healthy before embarking on such journey. Especially if you have diabetes. wink wink
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 01, 2012
Santa Maria! @op, please send all the food to me - my email is glutton @ . net - the email actually works.

O boy, i can go without food for 1 week - but i can extend it to 1-2 months if there was famine in the land.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by chidyke77(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2012
kunyeo:

Food is one of the cravings of the flesh apart from sex.Once you conquer it ,you conquer all things. Trace all your desires,aspirations and ambitions,they are all indirectly linked to food.
true,bcus for one to achieve spiritual upliftment to the highest level u need to be fasting a lot and also avoids sex.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by billion11: 8:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
It depends on how much fat you have when you begin and if you need to do physical work. smiley

I would guess 7-40 days.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2012
Lovine:

WEBDEZZI    So you don't believe the Biblical account that Moses and Jesus did it for 40 days and nights? Even queen Esther in the Bible did it 3 days without food and drinks still no invitation for ulcer, etc. Faithless generation.

what is stopping you 4rm doing same?

*dhtml:

Santa Maria! @op, please send all the food to me - my email is glutton @ . net - the email actually works.

O boy, i can go without food for 1 week - but i can extend it to 1-2 months if there was famine in the land.
i can go for 24 hours max, any extension can lead to error and cause my major body modules to begin shutting down.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by stepo707: 8:17pm On Feb 01, 2012
i cant go beyond 12hrs.intentionally or unintentionally.
@op goodluck bro
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by pendo89(f): 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
you still there op?? show up!
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Arosa(m): 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2012
If I have food at home, one day. But if there is no food anywhere in the world, twenty days min. I no go die easily like that I will fight hunger, undecided
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by klairekk: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2012
If u xceed 22days plz imform mi.
Serious plz
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by dasparrow: 9:43pm On Feb 01, 2012
Not long. Half a day maybe
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 01, 2012
From my own experience, I have personally gone 2days (48 hours) without food although I was taking excessive amounts of water during that period. But from what av read, the human body can live for months without solid food as long as it takes in water.u might lose a lot of weight and end up looking malnurished but u would survive. Water is the main thing the body needs and all foods we eat are about 70% water anyway.I remember 50 cent once went on a fluid diet for a film he was acting. It lasted 3 months and all he took in that time was liquid matter and ran on a tredmill 3 hours each day. He lost an incredible amount of weight at the end of the programme but he sure as hell still alive today.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by GreatDane(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2012
I went about 10 days on a liquid diet and had to get off of it due to massive fatigue from it
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by 3pleA3: 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2012
3DAYS DON DO.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by sizzlers(m): 10:57pm On Feb 01, 2012
i can go for 365days
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by mxxpunkxx: 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2012
life_style:

I stayd two days without food and water last year, I'm contemplating of staying without food for 7 days this year. How many days do you intend to go ? who is monitoring you ? do you live alone or with family?
30days . . am highly monitored (so i can't cheat) lol . . . . i stay alone but got family next door . . . so am safe, in case things go awry

sizzlers:

i can go for 365days
Oya, start na

klairekk:

If u xceed 22days plz imform mi.
Serious plz
Would exceed that, I know for sure!

obowunmi:

Well depends.

I think everyone should make sure that they are healthy before embarking on such journey. Especially if you have diabetes. wink wink
healthy, no diabetes

obowunmi:

I have also done three days without food or water. smiley smiley smiley

It was one of the most peaceful times in my life.
ironical for me grin grin grin

*dhtml:

Thief, Ole, carry am go!!!!

pendo89:

you still there op?? show up!
yes
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by mxxpunkxx: 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2012
@all

always check page 1 for updates. . . . and am sorry for late updates.
My body is entering hibernation
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by freecocoa(f): 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^ ;d ;d ;d
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by 5p1naz(m): 12:09am On Feb 02, 2012
[size=14pt]i have gone 2 n half days with no food no water, but i hit my stop on the afternoon of the 3rd day, gosh i went all skinny, done that about 10 times already or more, i lost count, [/size]
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by dayokanu(m): 12:23am On Feb 02, 2012
Watching
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Yeske2(m): 1:45am On Feb 02, 2012
From when I hit the bed at night till when i wake up.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by mxxpunkxx: 2:20am On Feb 02, 2012
^^^ shame!
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by omi247(f): 6:03am On Feb 02, 2012
@ OP

Please be careful with what you are doing, I'm glad that you have people who are checking up on you who are close by and your mum is a medic, but there are still risks. I hope you guys have a back up plan for your eventual feeding (i.e liquidised or intravenous) because in the worst case scenario if you leave it too late you could be too weak/unable to even physically eat when you decide to you've had enough of your experiment.

Another important consideration: try not to overcompensate your hunger by drinking too much water as too much water consumption can also be fatal.

They say that the human body can go on average a maximum of 3 weeks without any food and only about 3 days without any water, but personally I have only ever tried to go about 2-3 days without food, as I love food too much and I am fortunate enough to not be without smiley. Good luck in your endeavours!
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by obowunmi(m): 6:11am On Feb 02, 2012
OP: I would love to read your conclusion on this poverty case study that you are working on.

Do you know how many children go to school hungry ? and when they get to school, the teacher will beat them for no reason, or a stupid senior will punish them
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Ranoscky(m): 7:05am On Feb 02, 2012
Op, u dey try oo! As fo Rano, atleast, 2days is ok!
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by sovpounds(m): 7:48am On Feb 02, 2012
I have endured 4 days without food and water. I find it difficult to abstain from food and drink water. Its much easier for me to abstain from both.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Practical Ways To Improve Health Care In Nigeria / NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi / AIDS And Teen Sex Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.