Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,856 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? (13862 Views)

Why Is BB Porsche That Expensive? / Blackberry TK Victory Bblade BB Blackberry Empathy BB Porsche Design Iphone4s / 24ct Gold Blackberry Porsche P'9981 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Jumaisha(f): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2012
4.8Bil for school fees? Are their parents not receiving salaries? GOD WILL PUNISH THEM ALL.
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Jumaisha(f): 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2012
4.8Bil for school fees? Are their parents not receiving salaries? GOD WILL PUNISH THEM ALL.
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 03, 2012
this fone is complete rubbish, ugliest design in the market, no new feature, not fire proof, not theft proof

in short, if i see anyone using this fone, i will walk up to you snatch it and destroy it right in front of you. NONSENSE!!! grin grin grin
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by bodejohn(m): 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2012
The phone looks unattractive to me, actually I wasn't attracted to the bb phones until glo slashed its bis to 1.4k ever since owned one I have grown to like it although I detest the hype around it.
I wouldn't like to compare it to other phones cause, the cost of running a bb phone for IT savvy people will a lot cheaper than any android or nokia phone, its an unbelievable 3Gb data cap for 1.4k on glo.
Back to the Porsche, money is worth what money buy. If someone could use more than 400k to drink alcoholics and party in a year, another can skip some other things and buy the phone. No big deal, calling people names when they buy items that we do not valve with their money especially when they get it via legitimate means.
I can buy the phone, just that I will wait till the uk used ones are available, lol.
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Kaygeminix(f): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2012
d design looks innovative, but the specs are way off that price, mayybe it has a hidden feature, say pinging God?? hehehe grin grin grin
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by gameaddict(m): 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2012
@kaygeminix: What is innovative about the design? I think a wood encased ipad is more innovative than this.
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Konnektions146(m): 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2012
Kaygeminix:

d design looks innovative, but the specs are way off that price, mayybe it has a hidden feature, say pinging God?? hehehe grin grin grin
big grammar
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by stede(m): 5:06pm On Feb 03, 2012
The phone is a waste, Not all that special compared to tourch 2 9810, Just a waste to buy de phone , But there is no 5G in nigeria, Even the 3G self dey fluntaute
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by mekaboy(m): 5:16pm On Feb 03, 2012
I WONDER HOW MUCH THE SCREEN WILL BE, IF IT FALLS AND BREAKS , IT MIGHT COST 120K TO CHANGE THE SCREEN, MORE EXPENSIVE THAN CAR WINDSCREEN. LOL grin grin grin
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by kingDavid5(m): 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2012
There will always be FIRST CLASS, BUSINESS CLASS & ECONOMY , even some business class can't afford this. This is not a mass pro phone, it's a limited edition and even on the website dem say "RIM assumes no obligations or liability and makes no representation, warranty, endorsement or guarantee in relation to any aspect of any third party products or services." So I beg this is not a poor man's phone, not a phone meant for someone that will buy land for 350k and still struggling to erect the foundation after 24months, not a phone meant for all those beefing this EGOCENTRIC DEVICE!!! by the way why do u tink ppl own Lambos, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, McLaren, Bugatti? These are not everyday drive cars but it's strickly for the BIG BOYSSS!!! So leave the Porsche Designed Blackberry alone! If u can afford it good 4 u, if u can't WAKAAA!!!
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Kaygeminix(f): 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2012
gameaddict:

@kaygeminix: What is innovative about the design? I think a wood encased ipad is more innovative than this.

aww common, u dont expect everyone to design an iphone clone or another 9800 look alike. i like the design, simple grin grin
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by jephiano: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
I think comparing a blandly-designed smartphone with regular specs(BB Porsche) and cars with mind-blowin designs and and super specs and capabilities is not just ryt. When u check d design n specs of the Lambos, Bugattis etc u may understand y dey r way mor expensiv dan their regular counterparts.
Piple are not really complainin about d cost. The real annoyance is dat u can get better smartphones or atleast comparable smartphones for way cheaper (even within d BB family).
To put it in perspective, would u deem me wise if i paid 100 million/plot for land in ikorodu, or badagry wen i can get land cheaper and for more value in Lekki?
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by gameaddict(m): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2012
@Kaygeminix: I get you. But nowadays, we tend to think of an innovation as something of an improvement or new and better approach in general. The design might be different from most popular phones but that doesn't really make it 'innovative'. Unless its aim is to introduce new and better ways to create bad products.

If they want to innovate, they should work on the designs of their next line of phones. The current images available look like ipod and samsung clones. Lets hope they improve the internals especially.
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by dahcomm(m): 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2012
This is craziness of the century. Phone worth of 400k? madness to the core.
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by kingDavid5(m): 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2012
jephiano:

I think comparing a blandly-designed smartphone with regular specs(BB Porsche) and cars with mind-blowin designs and and super specs and capabilities is not just ryt. When u check d design n specs of the Lambos, Bugattis etc u may understand y dey r way mor expensiv dan their regular counterparts.
Piple are not really complainin about d cost. The real annoyance is dat u can get better smartphones or atleast comparable smartphones for way cheaper (even within d BB family).
To put it in perspective, would u deem me wise if i paid 100 million/plot for land in ikorodu, or badagry wen i can get land cheaper and for more value in Lekki?

Lambos, Bugattis, Ferraris, do they fly? are they amphibians that can sail on water too NO MATTER THEIR SPECS in comparison with their regular counterparts CAR NA CAR NO MATTER WHAT YOU DRIVE brov but na category by categoty, class by class, those are cars with higher class, FIRST CLASS!!! My point here is that sometins r just meant for the big boiz(First class) no matter how annoying u tink the acquisition is. That is what the Porsche Designed Blackberry is in comparison to other smartphones out there too they are all PHONES but it's a phone with CLASS! Shikena.

P.S: who are those complaining about d cost Those dat can afford it without blinking will neva complain ooo,
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by MeGaStReEt: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2012
when chinko go do their own?
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by adaezefav(f): 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2012
Rubbish
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by moHot(f): 11:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
Nokia falls, ground breaks; iPhone falls, screen breaks; BLACKBERRY PORSHE FALLS, OWNER DIES !! =))º°˚˚˚°ºнeĦeнeº°˚˚˚°º=)) grin grin grin

~• BlackBerry Porsche #350k last, ping if interested Oσσ. Limited stocks available, We must to big Nani, OSHISKO LUBBIS!!! •~
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 04, 2012
webdezzi:

this fone is complete rubbish, ugliest design in the market, no new feature, not fire proof, not theft proof

in short, if i see anyone using this fone, i will walk up to you snatch it and destroy it right in front of you. NONSENSE!!! grin grin grin

You wan die abi? You do destroy wetin?
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by rashmo: 1:45am On Feb 04, 2012
NOKIA DROPS= GROUND BREAKS
IPHONE DROPS= SCREEN CRACKS
[size=8pt][size=8pt]BB PORSCHE DROPS= OWNER FAINTS[/size][/size] grin grin grin grin grin ;
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by rashmo: 1:49am On Feb 04, 2012
NOKIA DROPS= GROUND BREAKS
IPHONE DROPS= SCREEN CRACKS
BB PORSCHE DROPS= OWNER FAINTS grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Kidman03(m): 5:06am On Feb 04, 2012
Phone doesn't have a usb port, atm machine, front camera, or external hard disk. Does'nt print aero tickets, doesn't print money, can't operate ur TV from 1 meter, doesn't skype and doesn't fry eggs via bluetooth!!!

How much was it again?? angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Ehisod(m): 11:50am On Feb 04, 2012
This in my opinion is the Hummer and Merc. G-class of smartphones might be ugly but is classy. I still think RIM has lost it. Never liked bbs anyway, I cannot live without apps and they do not have it.
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Soocool1(m): 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2012
-Can the phone detect bomb?
-can it automatically locate boko-haram members with gps?
-If i take it to a filling station, will i be given free fuel?
-Can it time-travel?
-if i pass thru my street with d phone, will other phones explode bcus they can't compete with it?
-can it duplicate money?
-can i download themes by hitting the phone on the floor?
-can i use the bluetooth to fry egg?
If it can do any of these. Then it's worth every penny
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by charlsecy4(m): 11:09pm On Feb 04, 2012
The only thing that could have justified the high price tag on Porsche is, if it's made of a precious metal. Sadly, this is not the case.

The phone is made of stainless steel. I wonder if that explains the ridiculously high price tag on it. Its features are not extraordinary compared to most other BlackBerry products and other similar devices.

Compare it to Nokia E7-00:
Nokia E7 has a 4-inch display, while BlackBerry Porsche has a 2.8-inch display. E7-00 has an 8MP camera; Porsche has 5MP.
BlackBerry Porsche: N400,000
Nokia E7-00: Less than N80,000.
Even Nokia Oro that's made of Gold goes for less than N180,000.

I remember Nokia 8800 Supreme which costs over N23,000,000. But Nokia 8800 Supreme is adorned with about 1225 individually set sparkling gems and accompanied by 12.5K of pink diamonds. I don’t want to mention the solid hallmarked platinum handmade veneers and 8 platinum screws.
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by sammyke(m): 12:37am On Feb 05, 2012
notin to warrant dat price
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by Decapo: 8:23am On Feb 05, 2012
If i may ask, does it ping heaven and can you download fuel wif it Rubbish
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by mavinc4u(f): 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2012
hello everyone.the long awaiting phone is here.preorder your blackberry porsche design P9981 for 400k.serious buyers should call 07032349446.
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by eghost247(m): 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2012
blackberry porsche ooch
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by purefella(m): 7:23pm On Feb 05, 2012
I bought 1 today don't mind op , it's 35k not 350k as mentioned
Chineese blackberry porsche grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by chucky234(m): 9:37pm On Feb 05, 2012
I often heard people say Blackberry is fad in Nigeria making sound as blackberry make its sales only in Nigeria.
Verizon wireless is the biggest carrier in the US today because of Blackberry,blackberry is more expensive to maintain in the US than Iphone and android phones.
It took Apple 11 whole years to catch up with RIM,so why the hype about iphone because HTC is already eclipsing iphone with their amazing designs. HTC Desire HD to is a better phone to the iphone 4 which has so many errors and yet see it as the world best phone.
Blackberry changed the ideal of how smartphone should be modeled Steve Job just keyed into that to launch iphone brands,RIM is the best when it comes to enterprises Devices.
Re: Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? by gameaddict(m): 9:02am On Feb 06, 2012
@chucky2354: Apple is currently the most valuable company in the world. Iphone and Ipad sales gave them this position. Also note that it is more expensive to maintain an i-product than any other phone. Plus engagement with products extend beyond accessories.

Rim ousted its CEO due to poor growth and poor sales of its entry into the tablet market. Blackberry sales are going down. Rim wasn't a leader for long. In fact, its prime position was in the business segment of the consumer market. Engagement with blackberry products are poor except when it comes to communication. I rarely use mine. Its almost like having a pager alone cuz the apps are poor and the processing power is also poor.

Yes, the blackberry is a fad in Africa mostly. The only reason its still being used in most western countries is because businesses prefer it to other phones. These businesses also prefer IE 6 and some use windows 98, 2000, xp.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIN-SIM Linkage Extended Until May 6 - FG / The Newly released Tecno F6: Price , Pics, Review And Specifications / Finally Android Apps WORKS On Windows Devices : GOOD NEWS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.