Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (12627 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / 10 Ways Youths React When Their Pastors Say They Should Not Engage in Sex / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by fred2265: 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2012
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
@deilluminati, may God forgive you. Hope u dont belong to illuminati?
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by tekel(m): 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2012
Jonzin pples
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by jude33084(m): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2012
Y is it dat sayin d truth is always bitter?
Some so called MOG r guilty of it and shld b stopped. angry
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by tlops(m): 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
It could be, but stagger God's ways are not as you wished!
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by SisiKill1: 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2012
debosky:

The followers do what the leaders encourage - if you present yourself as someone not to be worshipped (as John the Baptist did) then no one will worship you or call you 'Papa and Mama'.

If as a spiritual leader of people you don't have the self discipline to condemn hero-worship and the like, then you should not be a Pastor in the first place.
You are so on point!!!

I know a member of one of the more prominent churches in Nigeria (name withheld) and the first time she dragged me to one of their services, I sat there mouth ajar at the level of "papa worshiping" (oops, I guess the name of the church is not so withheld now). At first, I thought that was a one time thing but subsequent visits quickly rubbished that.

A typical testimony goes like this. . .

Man or woman walks on stage, introduces himself/herself and tell us how long they have been members of the "commission" then they start their testimony.

One day I was walking to the market,  when I was suddenly kidnapped by ten hefty men. Prior to that day, I have been listening to Papa's tape and in one of them papa said this, so when those people kidnapped me, I just started repeating what papa said. I was saying my papa said I shall not die, so you kidnappers will not kill me. My papa said we shall not be mince meat for kindnappers, you kidnappers will not make mince meat out of me. Today, I decree that papa's prophecy for my life shall come to pass! As soon as I finished saying that, the kidnappers just opened the door to the car and let me go"

At this point the congregation is on their feet jumping up and down, the camera zooms on papa, who is giving the Yes ke [/i]nod. Testimony person hands the mike back to the pastor in charge and goes to where Papa is sitting and bows down/kneels down/dobales down and Papa gives him/her the "go in peace my son" pat on the head.

Second person comes on stage

[i]My business has be suffering a lot of set backs, so last month when papa said bring something you use for business, I brought my whatever and papa prayed on it. That week was also anointing week, so I brought my bottle of oyel and papa prayed. The next day, I went to my shop early before the other people got there. I sprinkled my oyel on my door and on the front of my neighbors shop. I started repeating what Papa said and before the end of the day I had many customers. Even the customers who normally patronize my neighbors came to my shop that day. I am very happy and proud to be a member of this commission!!

Again, hand mike to pastor, rush to where the beaming Papa is seated for the anointed pat on the head.

Rinse and Repeat.

I'm hoping discerning minds won't need me to explain what is seriously wrong in the above but just in case you value your time & mind way too much to waste it trying to decipher the actions of the Papa Worshipers, I will tell you - Not once during their testimony do they mention God or Jesus!! Not once and the very few times they do mention God, they use Papa as a qualifier i.e The God of Papa did this, the God of [Insert Papa's name here] did that. God is not even worthy of being praised alone, nooo they gotta add Papa to it.

Now you would expect that when Papa gets on stage after the testimony, he will find away to divert the Glory to God, yeah? Please my friends, don't hold your breath. He gets up there and starts another session of decreeing.

I decreeeeeeee that members of this commision will never die!!
I decreeeeeeeee that member of this commison will be rich,
I decreeeeeeeeeee that anyone is under the sound of my voice shall blah blah blah. .

. . .Again, nothing, nada about God!! It would be so hilarious to watch the puppets jump at the pull of the strings, if it weren't so sad!!
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by lif2uz(m): 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2012
The pastors should rather caution their member not to see them as God. I think dat would help.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Daluuzor(m): 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2012
hmmm, i really pity those who pity or abuse those dat speak against d pastors, na dem get deir mouth oo, God has d final judgemnt, i do not luk up to any pastor, i luk up to God, u cannot vouch or defend for somebody u do not knw anytin about, God knws d hrt of all men, so judge not for u may not b judged.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by shoboy9: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2012
@OP,

My dear I feel you but lets not confuse people. Nobody makes anyone else sin. The devil push me does not appear in the bible at all. Sure, there're temptations all over the place but they are common to all men. Look at the story of King Saul.

Anyone who claims God has called him knows he'll face temptation. you can pray for them, rebuke them or bring them down as u will, but remember to watch for temptation yourself!
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by dasparrow: 9:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
Most Nigerians are a bunch of hypocrites, its nauseating. When it comes to pastors, you are quick to say "don't judge". In that case, maybe you should also apply that same principle to everyone else you meet because the last time I checked, pastors are mere mortals too who commit sin. You tell people not to judge but you people are the first to judge the poor, the widowed, the adult singles, married women without kids etc. Start practicing what you preach.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by shoboy9: 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2012
Idol worship is prevalent all over africa. That is not the pastor's fault. We are not called to find faults but to reconcile. Jesus did not rebuke everything that his followers did but rather said that he followed the will of the Father (Jn 5:19).

I believe we need to pray that God deliver our communities and nations from idolatry.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by kizito96(m): 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2012
When they gave you an oil bloc, did you say no? ok where is the money? did you use it to help the poor? or you bought cars for your self?
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by rollypeezzy(m): 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
Please how can Ȋ̝̊̅ get training  oracle
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by txswat: 12:31am On Feb 02, 2012
No one can "MAKE YOU SIN!" Yes there will be the temptation but no one makes you do anything unless they have a gun to your head which is not the case in this discussion. 1 Corinthians 10:13 New International Version (NIV)
13 No temptation[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[b] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

My two cents,
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

You are so on point!!!

I know a member of one of the more prominent churches in Nigeria (name withheld) and the first time she dragged me to one of their services, I sat there mouth ajar at the level of "papa worshiping" (oops, I guess the name of the church is not so withheld now). At first, I thought that was a one time thing but subsequent visits quickly rubbished that.

Man or woman walks on stage, introduces himself/herself and tell us how long they have been members of the "commission" then they start their testimony.

One day I was walking to the market,  when I was suddenly kidnapped by ten hefty men. Prior to that day, I have been listening to Papa's tape and in one of them papa said this, so when those people kidnapped me, I just started repeating what papa said. I was saying my papa said I shall not die, so you kidnappers will not kill me. My papa said we shall not be mince meat for kindnappers, you kidnappers will not make mince meat out of me. Today, I decree that papa's prophecy for my life shall come to pass! As soon as I finished saying that, the kidnappers just opened the door to the car and let me go"

At this point the congregation is on their feet jumping up and down, the camera zooms on papa, who is giving the Yes ke [/i]nod. Testimony person hands the mike back to the pastor in charge and goes to where Papa is sitting and bows down/kneels down/dobales down and Papa gives him/her the "go in peace my son" pat on the head.

[i]My business has be suffering a lot of set backs, so last month when papa said bring something you use for business, I brought my whatever and papa prayed on it. That week was also anointing week, so I brought my bottle of oyel and papa prayed. The next day, I went to my shop early before the other people got there. I sprinkled my oyel on my door and on the front of my neighbors shop. I started repeating what Papa said and before the end of the day I had many customers. Even the customers who normally patronize my neighbors came to my shop that day. I am very happy and proud to be a member of this commission!!

Again, hand mike to pastor, rush to where the beaming Papa is seated for the anointed pat on the head.

Rinse and Repeat.

I'm hoping discerning minds won't need me to explain what is seriously wrong in the above but just in case you value your time & mind way too much to waste it trying to decipher the actions of the Papa Worshipers, I will tell you - Not once during their testimony do they mention God or Jesus!! Not once and the very few times they do mention God, they use Papa as a qualifier i.e The God of Papa did this, the God of [Insert Papa's name here] did that. God is not even worthy of being praised alone, nooo they gotta add Papa to it.

Now you would expect that when Papa gets on stage after the testimony, he will find away to divert the Glory to God, yeah? Please my friends, don't hold your breath. He gets up there and starts another session of decreeing.

I decreeeeeeeeeee that anyone is under the sound of my voice shall blah blah blah. .

. . .Again, nothing, nada about God!! It would be so hilarious to watch the puppets jump at the pull of the strings, if it weren't so sad!!

This got me cracking for real

[img]http://youcantoomom.files./2009/12/toothless-ty2.jpg[/img]
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by BERNIMOORE: 12:58am On Feb 02, 2012
ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT I RECEIVE THREATS IN MY E-MAIL FOR QUOTING BIBLE PASSAGES AND ALSO TO SHOW PEOPLE WHY THEY MUST READ THE BIBLE BY THEMSELVES AND NOT BEING BRAINWASHED WITH PHILOSOPHICAL BOOKS OUTSIDE THE BIBLE,i ask again,why must anybody invites me out of nairaland to discuss and shut me up? anyway it does not bother me,i know that they will be doing more to attack SEUN of nairaland,why?the religion forum itself seems to be stopped by all means because of questions begging for answers, its funny anyway,but nobody shuts me up.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by PA1982(f): 8:14am On Feb 02, 2012
There have been a lot of interesting answers here, yet to my mind this was the one that made me think the most:
Dalu uzor:

hmmm, i really pity those who pity or abuse those dat speak against d pastors, na dem get deir mouth oo, God has d final judgemnt, i do not luk up to any pastor, i luk up to God, u cannot vouch or defend for somebody u do not knw anytin about, God knws d hrt of all men, so judge not for u may not b judged.

I thought this poster put the thing into perspective.
A pastor has no business permitting idolatry.
I've known some truly holy people and one thing they all had in common was to reject ANY honours or wealth.

But we live in different times now- with televised services and mega churches.
Swaying the masses has to be a powerful experience and then there's always the influence of the entourage.
I doubt I could withstand the temptations of those circumstances.
But I expect an MOG to do so.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by daregold: 8:26am On Feb 02, 2012
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHETS NO HARM,

Psalm:
{105:14} He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings
for their sakes;
{105:15} [Saying,] Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

Eh Don't Join this people oo.Leave Any Man Anointed of God to Be Judged by God.If u think you are Better go and do the Best.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by twentycent(m): 10:16am On Feb 02, 2012
The Almighty God knows those who are his.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by anonimi: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2012
On several occassions he had told members that he would rather celebrate his birthday and other anniversaries quitely with his family yet people still go out of their way in planning big budget parties for him.

It would be useful if dekung would let us know if the humble/humane pastor joins the planned "big budget parties" or not
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

You are so on point!!!

Rinse and Repeat.

You no well, you wan kill me. haba.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Sprumbaba: 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2012
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2012
Sprumbaba:

A pastor came to another church and my friend was sent to pick him up at the airport. My friend went to the airport with his Honda Civic. The pastor was pissed when he arrived and discovered he was to be picked up with Honda Civic. He was expecting a motorcade. He complained all through in the car.
Hahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, They should have sent Okada, silly fake pastor.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by tlops(m): 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^^^ or Donkey!!
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Nobody: 1:02am On Feb 03, 2012
or a Unicorn!

Fake Pastors full everywhere.
They are just there for the money.

Imagine, Pastor demanding N500,000 to come preach at your Church. Kia!
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by stevewale(m): 7:37am On Feb 03, 2012
I dont care what you Boko-Harams say about churches or pastors, What I know for real is that ALL MUSLIMS ARE BEASTS AND YOUR MOHD (SAW) IS A VAMPIRE, tongue
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2012
stevewale:

I dont care what you Boko-Harams say about churches or pastors, What I know for real is that ALL MUSLIMS ARE BEASTS AND YOUR MOHD (SAW) IS A VAMPIRE, tongue

who said anything about being a muslim.

Our fight actually is against Islam, not christianity, because Islam's ideology is too strong and compelling. It portends the only threat to our achievements. Christianity alone will water down by itself but we will take down Islam.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by PA1982(f): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2012
daregold:

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHETS NO HARM,

Psalm:
{105:14} He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings
for their sakes;
{105:15} [Saying,] Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

Eh Don't Join this people oo.Leave Any Man Anointed of God to Be Judged by God.If u think you are Better go and do the Best.

We've gone over this nonsense before.
Do I really have to post up the rebuttal of that 'anointed' argument again?
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Goshen360(m): 4:10pm On Feb 03, 2012
diluminati:

or a Unicorn!

Fake Pastors full everywhere.
They are just there for the money.

Imagine, Pastor demanding N500,000 to come preach at your Church. Kia!

I shake my head and weep for these generation. Greed has become the motives and no longer souls. Imagine men of God fight for crusade money. Imagine men of God investing in crusade just to get returns. No wonder the fullness of Christianity is not manifesting today. Lord, I see Jesus weep like He wept at the tomb of Lazarus. Men after God like David are fading out of our generation but God will rebuild His church because I know knowledge and revelation truth is increasing. Many things we see happening in today's church is not like that as laid down by the early church. PLEASE LET EVERYONE READ THE BIBLE FOR THEMSELVES AND THE TRUTH WILL INCREASE.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by Goshen360(m): 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2012
BERNIMOORE:

[b]ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT I RECEIVE THREATS IN MY E-MAIL FOR QUOTING BIBLE PASSAGES AND ALSO TO SHOW PEOPLE WHY THEY MUST READ THE BIBLE BY THEMSELVES AND NOT BEING BRAINWASHED WITH PHILOSOPHICAL BOOKS OUTSIDE THE BIBLE,i ask again,why must anybody invites me out of nairaland to discuss and shut me up? anyway it does not bother me,i know that they will be doing more to attack SEUN of nairaland,why?the religion forum itself seems to be stopped by all means because of questions begging for answers, its funny anyway,but nobody shuts me up. [/b]

CONTINUE TO SPEAK THE TRUTH AND PLEASE REMEMBER, THERE IS NO CURSE WITHOUT A CAUSE, IT SHALL NOT STAND. LIES AND HERESIES HAVE EATEN DEEP INTO OUR RELIGIOUS SENSE AND MANY HAVE COME TO ACCEPT IT AS A WAY OF GOD BUT TRUTH IS BEING REVEALED AND WE WILL CONTEND FOR THE FAITH THAT WAS GIVEN TO US. I JOIN YOU IN ANY TRUTH BASED IN THE WORD OF GOD. KINDLY SEND ME THE LINK WHERE YOU QUOTED THOSE BIBLE VERSE TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO READ BIBLE AND NOT PHILOSOPHY OF MEN. I WILL APPRECIATE IT PLEASE. PLEASE, ALSO SEND ME EMAIL. I THINK WE NEED WORK TOGETHER TO TEACH GOD'S PEOPLE BIBLICAL TRUTH, MY EMAIL IS goshen360@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. by chigonye: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2012
1Thessalonians 5:13
Study to show urself approved... And stop bleating into conclusions!
May God forgive whoever came up with this post...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists Express Their Rage Against God Although In Their View, He Doesn't Exist / William Kumuyi Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today / Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.