Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West (11724 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / African Union Should Withdraw From Somalia- From A Somali / Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 7:06pm On Feb 07, 2012
GenBuhari:

Gbam!

We African still do not realise that it usually the African leaders that the west criticise are the patriotic ones who refuse to do the right things for their people.

Does anybody recall USA or UK criticism of IBB (Babangida), Obj, YaraDua or GEJ who are some of the most corrupt and biggest looters in the history of the world.

No? , does that not speak volumes??

US don't have to step in and solve all your problems, even when they do you think they are doing it because of your oil, when will Africans start feeding themselves and depend less on handout from the west?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 08, 2012
^
justwise. you just don't get it do you?

US and UK usually do not care about the real African genocidal tyrants such as Obasanjo as long as they are accepting IMF loans and following policies dictated to them by the west.

All I ask is for you to research Zimbabwean history over the last 35 years and then form yor own view of Mugabe and not to just not to just adopt white mans view as portayed by BBC or CNN.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 2:07am On Feb 08, 2012
GenBuhari:

^
justwise. you just don't get it do you?

US and UK usually do not care about the real African genocidal tyrants such as Obasanjo as long as they are accepting IMF loans and following policies dictated to them by the west.

All I ask is for you to research Zimbabwean history over the last 35 years and then form yor own view of Mugabe and not to just not to just adopt white mans view as portayed by BBC or CNN.

The problem with somebody like you is deeper that usual, who told you that i have not studied, researched about Zim cases before coming here to comment, i'm not closed minded individual like you who only see things from the racist point of view. All you know is white-man and racist, nothing else, anywhere the issue of west and Africa arises you see it as racist. Its childish, immature and very shameful thing.

My view about Zimbabwe and Mugabe is from experience since1999 the very year i went to that country, don't expect me to reproduce Mugabe's ant-west speech before you stop ranting about thinking like racist white-man. 

You never answered a single question i asked you here. Where do you get your news from?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Horus(m): 2:21am On Feb 08, 2012
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL-FH668ITU&feature=related[/flash]

President Mugabe talking about NATO bombing in Libya at UN assembly
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 4:42am On Feb 08, 2012
@justwise
Are you saying that you have researched Zimbabwean history over the last 35years?

Does it not concern you that as a black African you have taken the exact same position of the racist white colonial masters?

I never answered your questions? It was because I never knew rhetorical questions required answers.

Ask them again and I would try and answer them.
justwise:

The problem with somebody like you is deeper that usual, who told you that i have not studied, researched about Zim cases before coming here to comment, i'm not closed minded individual like you who only see things from the racist point of view. All you know is white-man and racist, nothing else, anywhere the issue of west and Africa arises you see it as racist. Its childish, immature and very shameful thing.

My view about Zimbabwe and Mugabe is from experience since1999 the very year i went to that country, don't expect me to reproduce Mugabe's ant-west speech before you stop ranting about thinking like racist white-man.

You never answered a single question i asked you here. Where do you get your news from?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Lwandle(m): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2012
JUSTWISE what do you know of Zimbabwean history my friend?

I was just there this new year and the numbers of white people all over the place has to be seen to be believed,

That country is moving forward despite what the haters in the WEST and puppets like yourself have to say.

I travelled from South Africa to Botswana and then to Zimbabwe,

All I can say is GOD has blessed us abundantly with everything we need to move to the next level.

People are moving and leaving the HATING to shallow and naive internet haters like yourself,

MUGABE spoke TRUTH and if AFRICA is not careful we will be soon recolonised and brutally sooooo whilst educated fools like yourself spout SELF HATE all over the place!!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2012
GenBuhari:

@justwise
Are you saying that you have researched Zimbabwean history over the last 35years?

Does it not concern you that as a black African you have taken the exact same position of the racist white colonial masters?

I never answered your questions? It was because I never knew rhetorical questions required answers.

Ask them again and I would try and answer them.

I'm amazed these discussions are still going on. My Zimbawean wife and I have had a good laugh at some of the pro-Mugabe comments on here. Mugabe the nationalist WAS a hero in Zimbabwe, but not any more.

I share the same view as Justwise.

When you talk about researching 35 years of history, my father-in-law is in his 60's, so he lived through that history and still lives in Zim. We have talked for hours about Zim, so you need to drop the "your views are formed by BBC and CNN" talk.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2012
Lwandle:

JUSTWISE what do you know of Zimbabwean history my friend?

I was just there this new year and the numbers of white people all over the place has to be seen to be believed,
That country is moving forward despite what the haters in the WEST and puppets like yourself have to say.

I travelled from South Africa to Botswana and then to Zimbabwe,

All I can say is GOD has blessed us abundantly with everything we need to move to the next level.

People are moving and leaving the HATING to shallow and naive internet haters like yourself,

MUGABE spoke TRUTH and if AFRICA is not careful we will be soon recolonised and brutally sooooo whilst educated fools like yourself spout SELF HATE all over the place!!

Your point about the number of whites in Zim only makes sense if you'd been there 10 to 20 years ago, then you can compare the numbers then to now. It has reduced.

Zim (and other southern African countries) has always had a relatively high white population compared to West African countries. I'm pretty sure that a West African's first impression of Zim would be amazement at "the numbers of white people all over the place".

Your claim about Zim moving forward has nothing to do with Mugabe. Zim was at rock bottom around 2008 (I was there) and has only started inching upward since the government of national unity (GNU) - which involves the real presumed winner of the presidential elections, Morgan Tsvangirai - was formed and the foreign currencies (USD, GBP, Rand etc) became legal tender.

Mr hypocritical "let's stand up to the West" Mugabe spends USD in his own country!

There are those saying we shouldn't attack the person of Mugabe, but we should listen to his words. I say we cannot accept the words of a man whose methods have been disastrous for his own country.

The West will always do what's best for their population, so I strongly believe we need to re-think our stance with them. However, it must not be in the haphazard, asset grabbing, emotionally crazed way Mugabe has gone about it. That way is destructive and that's why Mugabe's words are useless to me.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Lwandle(m): 2:12pm On Feb 08, 2012
CLAUS we all know that the WHITE population has reduced compared to 10 or 20 years ago but nowhere near the rate it reduced in the lead up to and just after independence in 1980.
Whites ran as if having a black leader would blacken them even further lol!!!!

By and by I have white relatives through marriage and my great-grandmother was mixed race thanks to your ancestors not being able to keep their filthy hands off our mothers!

With all the racial segregation that was there care to tell us where the mixed race populations came from? It was all black women being abused by you white folk, (Apologies for digressing),

Zimbabwe did not stabilize because of the Unity government it stabilized because the then ZANU PF government (yes you hear me right) introduced the multi-currenciesas you mention but a flippin good 3 months before those sell-outs in the MDC joined the government.

With one simple fell swoop our enemies couldn't attack our currency anymore and put paid to their nefarious activities on our money markets.

Very TRUE the WEST will always do whats best for their multi-nationals (first) their populations (second). Its all about permanent interests isnt it Claus and they care not a damn about HUMAN RIGHTS, DEMOCRASY, RULE of LAW etc as long as they get their INTERESTS served,
So why should we believe all their bullshit when they come to us as PARAGONS of VIRTUE? We know they dont give a shit about us only about our resources, and whoever owns the damned LAND owns the RESOURCES above and below that land!!!

So why should we let those thieving conniving bastards keep our lands and resources and make us mere chattels on our ancestral lands
Do we tell the bastards how to manage their lands and resources in Europe, Americas, Australia etc so what gives them the audacity to come and lecture US on how to run our own affairs

We are AFRICANS with different values and culture from you guys so stop trying to force us to do things just to benefit your greedy asses!!!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2012
Lwandle:

CLAUS we all know that the WHITE population has reduced compared to 10 or 20 years ago but nowhere near the rate it reduced in the lead up to and just after independence in 1980.
Whites ran as if having a black leader would blacken them even further lol!!!![/b]By and by I have white relatives through marriage and my great-grandmother was mixed race thanks to your ancestors not being able to keep their filthy hands off our mothers!

With all the racial segregation that was there care to tell us where the mixed race populations came from? It was all black women being abused by[b] you white folk
, (Apologies for digressing),

Zimbabwe did not stabilize because of the Unity government it stabilized because the then ZANU PF government (yes you hear me right) introduced the multi-currenciesas you mention but a flippin good 3 months before those sell-outs in the MDC joined the government.
With one simple fell swoop our enemies couldn't attack our currency anymore and put paid to their nefarious activities on our money markets.

Very TRUE the WEST will always do whats best for their multi-nationals (first) their populations (second). Its all about permanent interests isnt it Claus and they care not a damn about HUMAN RIGHTS, DEMOCRASY, RULE of LAW etc as long as they get their INTERESTS served,
So why should we believe all their bullshit when they come to us as PARAGONS of VIRTUE? We know they dont give a poo about us only about our resources, and whoever owns the damned LAND owns the RESOURCES above and below that land!!!

So why should we let those thieving conniving bastards keep our lands and resources and make us mere chattels on our ancestral lands
Do we tell the bastards how to manage their lands and resources in Europe, Americas, Australia etc so what gives them the audacity to come and lecture US on how to run our own affairs

We are AFRICANS with different values and culture from you guys so stop trying to force us to do things just to benefit your greedy asses!!! 

Firstly, if you agree that the number of whites have reduced compared to 10-20 years ago, then what was your point about there being "white people all over the place"?

Secondly, I'm not white. I'm a black African.

Thirdly, the GNU was formed in September 2008 and at that time USD, GBP and Rand were NOT legal tender. I was there.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 2:40pm On Feb 08, 2012
Some further details. Due to disagreements, Tsvangirai's MDC didn't join the GNU till Feb 2009. Zim's multi-currency system was also formalised in Feb 2009 (before that people had been using USD informally ie not officially sanctioned, so much so that we were threatened, by someone we suspected was a govt official, for openly spending USD). This information is publicly available!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2012
[b]
Claus:

Your point about the number of whites in Zim only makes sense if you'd been there 10 to 20 years ago, then you can compare the numbers then to now. It has reduced.

Zim (and other southern African countries) has always had a relatively high white population compared to West African countries. I'm pretty sure that a West African's first impression of Zim would be amazement at "the numbers of white people all over the place".

Your claim about Zim moving forward has nothing to do with Mugabe. Zim was at rock bottom around 2008 (I was there) and has only started inching upward since the government of national unity (GNU) - which involves the real presumed winner of the presidential elections, Morgan Tsvangirai - was formed and the foreign currencies (USD, GBP, Rand etc) became legal tender.

Mr hypocritical "let's stand up to the West" Mugabe spends USD in his own country!

There are those saying we shouldn't attack the person of Mugabe, but we should listen to his words. I say we cannot accept the words of a man whose methods have been disastrous for his own country.

The West will always do what's best for their population, so I strongly believe we need to re-think our stance with them. However, it must not be in the haphazard, asset grabbing, emotionally crazed way Mugabe has gone about it. That way is destructive and that's why Mugabe's words are useless to me.
[/b]

A+++++++++++
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Lwandle(m): 3:12pm On Feb 08, 2012
Claus:

Firstly, if you agree that the number of whites have reduced compared to 10-20 years ago, then what was your point about there being "white people all over the place"?

Secondly, I'm not white. I'm a black African.

Thirdly, the GNU was formed in September 2008 and at that time USD, GBP and Rand were NOT legal tender. I was there.

Well is it not you guys who go around talking and making it appear that Zimbabwe is such a basket case everyone wants out?

If it was so then there wouldn't be any whites there now would there?
You wouldn't see them crying their eyes out on their way back to Blighty or wherever because they were leaving home!!!!!!
Coming overseas actually made them appreciate more what they had always taken for granted!!

WELL if you are a black african then shame on you brother for being so blinkered and not being able to see why its important to own your own resources!!

We all know when the basket of currencies became legal tender and we all know MDC had Bleep-all to do with it since they were not in gvt at the time it was tabled through parliament!!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2012
Lwandle:

Well is it not you guys who go around talking and making it appear that Zimbabwe is such a basket case everyone wants out?
If it was so then there wouldn't be any whites there now would there?
You wouldn't see them crying their eyes out on their way back to Blighty or wherever because they were leaving home!!!!!!
Coming overseas actually made them appreciate more what they had always taken for granted!!

WELL if you are a black african then shame on you brother for being so blinkered and not being able to see why its important to own your own resources!!
We all know when the basket of currencies became legal tender and we all know MDC had bleep-all to do with it since they were not in gvt at the time it was tabled through parliament!!

Some wanted out and some were forced out which is why the number of whites reduced! No only that, blacks also wanted out, with some estimates claiming that up to a third of the population found their way to the neighbouring countries and the West.

Your "blinkered" statement does not apply to me, so there's no shame on me brother. None of my posts negates the importance of owning our own resources.

Challenging failed methods of achieving our common goals is not a bad thing. Mugabe's methods have failed!

Fact: Land re-distribution was and still is necessary because of the unequal and unfair legacy from colonialism.

Fact: Mugabe messed it up big time because of the haphazard, emotionally charged and highly corrupt way he did it, thereby creating a nation of "starving billionaires".

You proudly state that Zanu-PF introduced the multi-currency, but fail to see the irony in Mr Mugabe's USD spending stance against the West.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Lwandle(m): 4:03pm On Feb 08, 2012
Everything is MUGABES fault isn't a nice convenient scapegoat to mask your own failings as a people.

Fact of the matter is all MUGABES policies are good and forward thinking its the IMPLEMENTATION that gets messed up,

Not helped by sell-outs like the MDC campaigning for sanctions on their own people, helping craft ZIDERA to cause our economy to scream and collapse so that they would come in via a protest vote!

Shame on you self-hating africans with your inferiority complex!!!
Shame on you africans who run to blame one man instead of coming up with solutions!
Shame on you africans who refuse to use your brains and help move the country forward!!!!
Shame on you africans who would rather be employees instead of employers sitting and waiting for foreigners to come open shops while you sit on your fat asses blaming MUGABE!!!
Shame on you IGNORANT EDUCATED who cant come up with a single solution to any problem but run to blame MUGABE!!
Shame on those HUGE sell outs MDC for all the pain they have brought our people over the last ten years!!!!
Useless lot who get fatter every day and are so corrupt even their handlers are fed up with them!!!

Its no irony MUGABE spending US$ we are at war here and if using the enemies currencies gets us by so be it!!

Zimbabweans are building homes, buying cars doing everything in US$ and you call it a shame!!!!

Shame on you I say!!!!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2012
^^^
This passion, well directed, can make a tremendous positive impact.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by AjanleKoko: 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2012
Claus:

^^^
This passion, well directed, can make a tremendous positive impact.

Yeah.
But passion without a strategic focus won't go anywhere.
We can't keep burning energy on 'fighting' the white man, as justified as this might seem to us.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 4:46pm On Feb 08, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Yeah.
But passion without a strategic focus won't go anywhere.
We can't keep burning energy on 'fighting' the white man, as justified as this might seem to us.

I agree. That's why I don't subscribe to Mugabe's methods (or words). He's very good at stirring up passion, but as you've rightly said, without strategic focus, it can be very destructive.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Lwandle(m): 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2012
Claus:

I agree. That's why I don't subscribe to Mugabe's methods (or words). He's very good at stirring up passion, but as you've rightly said, without strategic focus, it can be very destructive.

Its not us who seek to fight the white man, its the white man forever sticking his ugly nose in our business, trying to lecture us as if we are children, !!!!!!

Creating and financing puppets like the MDC that they can control as a proxy and so loot and pillage our resources!!!!!

Why cant they just F**** off and let us be
Have you ever asked yourself that Q?
Let them take their weapons and useless AID and shove it up where the sun dont shine, we are sick and tired of their never ending intrusions into our business!!!!

How can you hope to achieve anything when an all powerful shameless bully read (WEST) is always manipulating events to frustrate you

Thank God for China thank God for Russia and the other BRIC nations that give us an alternative to the VICIOUS PIRATES of the West.

If they want to trade let them come we will trade on our terms, but let them F****off if they think they can take our resources for free like they have been doing for the last 500years!

Every forward thinking leader we have had in Africa they have caused their downfall from Nkrumah to Lumumba to Sankara now they try to do the same shit with MUGABE!!!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
George Bush Senior declared that The U.S should usher in a New World Order. does anyone know what he meant by that? Think people!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
Thank you Lwandle,

It must be made known that it is a shame that so many black Africans are here criticise Mugabe, a fellow balck African as he stands up and battles his former white racist colonial masters for control of his own country and resources.

These people should be ashamed of themselves.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
^^^
I can NEVER be ashamed of criticizing Mugabe because I have seen first hand the amount of suffering that his badly handled land reclamation policy has caused our fellow black Africans!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 10, 2012
Criticism without offering alternative solution, just leaves you looking like you are defending the racist white colonial masters.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 10, 2012
It is sad there are so many reasons why Africans will always be relegated to the background. Somebody mentioned Russia and China, as if they are there for the good of the African people. The truth is that they are there for their own interests.

I will never in my conscious mind support Mugabe failure, he could have used his brain in many occasions to fight rightfully rather than fighting in a way that put his own people at risk. To be entitled to your resources requires a lot of things for it to come into place. Zimbabwe is not the only country where few white people have power over the resources, South Africa once was a worse off case yet things are gradually changing. How did they get there? They did through a common goal of accepting the whites as part of the country after the power has be handed over to the blacks. On the other hand, struggle continues. It is through gradual process of continuous fight for rights there can be equality with the white man, not through violence.  There is nothing the white understand most that intelligence, use it for them when necessary, prove it can be used to make something important and they will respect it based on that. Violence repels any intelligent individual. The best weapon is to use the brain to create something good and it's lacking in many African leaders.

Then, we have seen Asians progressing. We wonder how they are succeeding. The truth is that they put into use their brains. They create wealth for their people, embrace organizing their society through leadership that provide for the people and educating the masses. Knowledge is lacking in Africa and those who have some of it are usually castigated of imitating the white yet the world is becoming more white than any other color. Not until will stop acting as fools and find ourselves out of starting from scratch or antagonizing the modern world and organized life we are going to slowly slip further into the wall of  total failure and what many are already calling us.

Mugabe has failed his people - that's a fact! The people have failed the country - that is another fact! Zimbabwe problems can only be solved if rooms are given to many educated Zimbabweans to fight for those rightful positions(from president position to the regional leaders'). He can only remained a statesman based on fighting for independence. His service is no longer required, it is off no much use to the country at this crossroad.However,he is still beclouded by the old colonial mentality, as such, he his fighting with might.

I know at this point somebody is going  to  call me white man slave, poo or whatsoever slur word available at his or her disposal. I don't care. The truth has to be told and ignorance has to be fought - that's the only way we can get closer to becoming a formidable part of the world.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 10, 2012
^I am seriously beginning to suspect that there are white people on this thread pretending to be black Africans undecided
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by SamMilla1(m): 7:25am On Feb 10, 2012
^ my exact thought. Gej has people here and he is not smarter than the imperialists.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by zolzlolz(f): 7:34am On Feb 10, 2012
Accountability is anti-black
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 10, 2012
^ are you a white person?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 10, 2012
^^^
Do you have issue with race?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by zolzlolz(f): 7:53am On Feb 10, 2012
I think people here are being driven by their hatred of whites and of the west. This is why blacks aren't succeeding. It seems we aren't able to have a normal relationship with whites. We either revere them or we despise them. This hatred of whites is blinding people from the truth in Zimbabwe.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 8:07am On Feb 10, 2012
GenBuhari:

^ are you a white person?

GenBuhari:

^I am seriously beginning to suspect that there are white people on this thread pretending to be black Africans undecided

You are such a backward thinking human being, what is wrong with 'white people'?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 8:09am On Feb 10, 2012
zolzlolz:

I think people here are being driven by thei[b]r hatred of whites and of the west.[/b] This is why blacks aren't succeeding. It seems we aren't able to have a normal relationship with whites. We either revere them or we despise them. This hatred of whites is blinding people from the truth in Zimbabwe.

You are a star!!, that is it, nothing more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#Olaf Scholz To Succeed Merkel As German Chancellor / Gaza: UN Staff Member Killed, Another Injured In Rafah / South Africa Is Finished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.