Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? (30178 Views)

Disrespecting And Insulting Elders Is Very Unafrican And Gutter Behaviour / Why are Nigerian so Abusive and Insulting / Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gabry(f): 4:47pm On May 29, 2008
Oh yeah,  The Americans can be terrible,  In one sentence, they would use at least 3 - 5 bad words in it. Well, not all but I think alot of them do.

I'm sorry sheniqua, but what does ashewo means?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by sheniqua: 4:51pm On May 29, 2008
gabrywyl:

Oh yeah, The Americans can be terrible, In one sentence, they would use at least 3 - 5 bad words in it. Well, not all but I think alot of them do.

I'm sorry sheniqua, but what does ashewo means?

Oh I see you're not Nigerian.
Ashewo means prostitute.
That's the commonest insult men throw at women in Nigeria.
just like Americans would say the B word Nigerians say ashewo
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gabry(f): 4:58pm On May 29, 2008
Oh, Ok. Thanks. smiley

Yes, I'm a Malaysian.

Oh Goodness, I dont know how some people could manage to say words like that. I can't let it out at the tip of my tongue to begin with, Maybe because I grew up with a fierce mother thats why. smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by savanaha: 5:03pm On May 29, 2008
gabrywyl:

Oh, Ok. Thanks. smiley

Yes, I'm a Malaysian.

Oh Goodness, I don't know how some people could manage to say words like that. I can't let it out at the tip of my tongue to begin with, Maybe because I grew up with a fierce mother thats why. smiley

The truth is I would rather someone call me names because they are losing than lay a hand on me. On this forum like most things in life people use insults to intimidate, just human behavior not going to attach it to Nigerians. I just flip it on them and make them look stupid. Am not going to lie down because you use words that might have no significance to me. From ashawo to gay which ever one does not bother me because am none of the above. If I were i would not let it bother me either because anything I do I try to do it to my best ability. cool smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gabry(f): 5:07pm On May 29, 2008
Good for you Savanaha. wink

Its the same thing like just now when that guy called me ugly like the devil and called me a bitch, I actually told him that I am not as low as him to say all those words. It felt good to me actually, At least I am not the one with the anger in me,

You are right, I think the truth is that there are bound to be rude people all over this earth. Depending on their mood, their day, the way they were brought up and etc etc.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Blatant: 5:08pm On May 29, 2008
tboy1:

Which part of UK did you go?

I was born here. I have been to a few parts of the country as well
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gabry(f): 5:10pm On May 29, 2008
I find Cornwall and Leicester to be a very peaceful and friendly place. The people are so friendly that you thought you were living in a Hallmark card. smiley

But in London, My Oh My Oh My, I think maybe its because its a city and people get stress I guess?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Uche2nna(m): 5:22pm On May 29, 2008
gabrywyl:

Maybe the little ones are not rude because theres the eldest there but I think the middle age Nigeriens can be alittle over the top at times.

Like today, a guy called me ugly like the devil and called me bitch and I did not call him anything to begin with and when another Nigerian guy ask him what is his problem, he told the guy to kiss his black ass, undecided

gabrywyl:

Maybe the little ones are not rude because theres the eldest there but I think the middle age Nigeriens can be alittle over the top at times.

Like today, a guy called me ugly like the devil and called me bitch and I did not call him anything to begin with and when another Nigerian guy ask him what is his problem, he told the guy to kiss his black ass, undecided

And like the other day, another guy called me a Malaysian Slut and not worth for a Nigerian guy since I did not talk to this guy at all also to begin with

gabrywyl:

And last week, another person called me a LovePeddler pretending to be a virgin. He just snap out and everyone thought he had his period or something,

Now thats what I call Plain Rude, (Sorry, I don't and never would saybad words or to swear but just to give examples. So excuse me for this time. Thank you)

LMAO grin grin grin grin

It seems You are in the midst of some very pissed off Nigerians. Where exactly do You live again? undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Blatant: 5:24pm On May 29, 2008
i dont know about Cornwall but I dont think Leicester is very friendly. Peaceful maybe but friendly, it is not really.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gabry(f): 5:24pm On May 29, 2008
Hey there, I live in Labuan Island, Malaysia.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gabry(f): 5:26pm On May 29, 2008
Cause in Leicester, I have family there so maybe because of that, I feel so at home.

Yes, Cornwall is so friendly. Its like as soon as you walk out from the hotel and out to the streets, everyone would wish you and give you a smile and will even talk to you although they dont know you at all.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Uche2nna(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2008
Just curious,

Is it a Nigerian dominated community? How do U know they are all Nigerians? Most Africans are black , U know and there are also black people living in America grin

And how come U are always in the midst of these so-called Nigerians undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gabry(f): 5:34pm On May 29, 2008
Ok, for the first case, I saw his profile and he is from Lagos. Lagos is in Nigeria yes?

And for the 2nd and 3rd case, well, they are studying here in Malaysia and I know them from my boyfriend. Just an aquaintance but both guys are also from Nigeria.

I know there are many different types of black people around the world and I dont usually would offend a certain race if I dont know where they come from.

But dont get me wrong, Its not just Nigerians. even alot of Malaysian people are way beyond the limits. Its just that lately, they hit me and also I'm following the topic?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Uche2nna(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2008
Ok ooo

I just found ur posts about those outburst hilarious grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gabry(f): 1:52am On May 30, 2008
Thanks for the compliment smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gabry(f): 8:10am On Aug 04, 2008
@Topic,

I know they are some people here whom are insulting and abusive but so is the rest of the other forums and so far. I think nairaland can be the 2nd top in my list
1) American Forum - Calling me ugly like her Dog's Anus
2) Nigerian Forum - Calling me ugly like the devil / So damn fat
3) Malaysian Forum - Stupid like a Donkey ass wipe
4) Suisse Forum - All Asians are so ugly that God should not make them to begin with
5) Spanish Forum - Ass Wipe

Yeap. . . So its not just Nairaland. Its everywhere but its all up to us whether if we are willing to listen to their no use insults or not.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by SeanT21(f): 8:17am On Aug 04, 2008
gabrywyl:

@Topic,

I know they are some people here whom are insulting and abusive but so is the rest of the other forums and so far. I think nairaland can be the 2nd top in my list
1) American Forum - Calling me ugly like her Dog's Anus
2) Nigerian Forum - Calling me ugly like the devil / So damn fat
3) Malaysian Forum - Stupid like a Donkey ass wipe
4) Suisse Forum - All Asians are so ugly that God should not make them to begin with
5) Spanish Forum - Ass Wipe

Yeap. . . So its not just Nairaland. Its everywhere but its all up to us whether if we are willing to listen to their no use insults or not.

Damn. How many forum do you belong too?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by dudubobo1: 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2008
What business of yours is that?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gabry(f): 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2008
SeanT21:

Damn. How many forum do you belong too?

uhm. . . right now its only 1 but before I use to go through many forums because my friends are around the globe.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by shotster50(m): 1:53am On Oct 19, 2008
@ Poster

Dunno what planet you are on but being insultive / abusive is not limited to any particular group of people,
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Cayon(f): 12:42am On Nov 10, 2008
@Poster

I find they are very thin skin/sensitive people.  you mekk a little joke wid them - and them ready to drop a bomb on you. so what do they do? - they jump under 5 to 6  false monikers and go coo-coo.  Just their way to  intimidate you. . ,  . .but i just brush my shoulder off like Jay-Z.   wink Once you pick up their ways/culture/thinking - you'll be fine

Peace
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by JamaicanQT(f): 3:14am On Nov 10, 2008
good question @ poster
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:16am On Nov 10, 2008
@ Topic jare

The peeps around me aren't that way. . . . . .so can't really answer ur question. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by HRhotness(f): 3:19am On Nov 10, 2008
not all of them r. . . depends largely on their environment, education and background
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by LoveAlways(f): 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2008
(laughing)  @Poster

I notice this trend as well.  I think that some people are just haters. But not everyone on Nairaland is this way. Most Nairalanders are cool. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by JustGood(m): 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2008
Cayon:

@Poster

I find they are very thin skin/sensitive people. you mekk a little joke wid them - and them ready to drop a bomb on you. so what do they do? - they jump under 5 to 6 false monikers and go coo-coo. Just their way to intimidate you. . , . .but i just brush my shoulder off like Jay-Z. wink Once you pick up their ways/culture/thinking - you'll be fine

Peace

Dont mind us. we are supposed to be very happy and throw a party when you insult us. After all, it's a joke to you and it makes you laugh.
We have to be very bad for getting angry when great personalitites like you insult us as jokes grin cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by LoveAlways(f): 3:53am On Nov 11, 2008
I find they are very thin skin/sensitive people. you mekk a little joke wid them - and them ready to drop a bomb on you. so what do they do? - they jump under 5 to 6 false monikers and go coo-coo. Just their way to intimidate you. . , . .but i just brush my shoulder off like Jay-Z. Once you pick up their ways/culture/thinking - you'll be fine

ha ha ha -- this is very true
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by abdurrazaq(m): 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2008
Abusive that's our way of our life grin. You got to love us like that angry you have no option, alright tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Cayon(f): 3:36am On Nov 15, 2008
JustGood:

don't mind us. we are supposed to be very happy and throw a party when you insult us. After all, it's a joke to you and it makes you laugh.
We have to be very bad for getting angry when great personalitites like you insult us as jokes grin cheesy
Long time no see.  where were you? cheesy grin  But i aint see you complaining or running to my rescue when they  insult me.  And name one person I insulted on this forum. 
ahhh, you cna't name one eh?

Peace
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by amiafy(f): 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2009
i dint think nigerians are that aggresive or even abusive
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by JustGood(m): 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2009
ami afy:

i dint think nigerians are that aggresive or even abusive

You're missing the point - Nigerians are abusive when they feel insulted - fact.

What they want is for Nigerians to sing and dance whenever they are insulted by other people for fun. If you are insulted for entertainment as a Nigerian, you should laugh and clap for them.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by MrCrackles(m): 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2009
I regret being a Nigerian! cheesy
Anyone offended by my comments can eat a manliness! cheesy undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Emir Of Daura's One-year-old Daughter Turbaned Magajiya Yakumo Of Daura Emirate / Ooni Ogunwusi At Ogun Drums Festival - Photos / Oluwo Of Iwoland Erects Golden Gate Along Iwo-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.