Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk (12941 Views)

Lol… Another Nigerian Man Seen Eating Pounded Yam In U.S Train / Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Fake Marriages In Ireland: Nigerians Involvement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by OkparaIgbo: 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2012
phreakabit:

Omo no be only you ohh, Yoruba and their disgusting antics, ! angry Always robbing that dirty entity tagged nigeria to more shame. Yoruba una too much for crime level oohh. undecided undecided See as them they arrange marriage later one daft one will say its only the Igbos that love money. shocked shocked
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by kizito96(m): 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2012
Its the in-thing in every country, why make it a big deal?
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by chika98: 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2012
Why are you Nigerians like this? Everything has to have tribal undertones. Tufia!
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 02, 2012
milehigh06:

anyomne that condems this guy should just shut up
is it not in nigeria that serial killers are given govt positions after renouncing their various groups
ND militants are busy getting theirs,BH is plotting for theirs all through killing while we are going crazy over boys that ran out of Naija cos of a silly system,at least they are not planting bombs and kidnapping people over there,na only marriage dem dey help arrange to make the lives of other people better,I would take them anyday over the useless govt,ND militants and BH killers

I agree with you some of us do come here act like they holy , while they be doing dirt. I don"t support criminal activities but which one of us here on Nairaland has not lied on their visa application just to get a damn visa, shit all of us here have some way or the other either through filling applications or going for interviews;

Visa officer: Do you plan coming back to your country after your studies ?

Applicant: Yes after my graduation i will be back to contribute my own quota.

10 years after your ass is till in that country, whatever happened to coming back to your country to help ,  comdemning  someone real quick is not cool, well if you lie on your visa application or interview u are as quilty as him. No be drugs him carry, or robbery but just immigiration wayo, and he just got caught so lets end it there and move on, no need to talk trash about him, if u don"t do wat he does maybe someone in your family does it . So lets quit all this talk and move on to better tins, this immigiration marraige sham no be new thing , na old news.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2012
chika98:

Why are you Nigerians like this? Everything has to have tribal undertones. Tufia!

Seriously i neva see, how can we move forward, if we don"t quit all this tribal talk. And we say we need change !!!

1 Like

Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by chika98: 8:31pm On Feb 02, 2012
ogugua1:

all of us here have some way or the other either through filling applications or going for interviews;

Erm sorry to say but I've NEVER ever lied on any visa application. You can't just make general statements like that. Not everyone here has visa issues or has ever had one.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by juman(m): 8:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
@ogugua1
I agree with you some of us do come here act like they holy , while they be doing dirt. I don"t support criminal activities but which one of us here on Nairaland has not lied on their visa application just to get a damn visa,

Yeah, you are right, nobody is trying to support criminal activities.

The "leaders" that led/leading the country astray have children of the guys age mates controlling businesses of billions of dollar.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2012
@chika u rite tho, my bad
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by Yeske2(m): 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
What a pity!
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by erico2k2(m): 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2012
Make evrybody dey run thier mouth chey nah who dem catch be thief.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by daviesmania(m): 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2012
Immediatly de guy commot 4 prison, im go help me arrange wedding 4 london.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by justwise(m): 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2012
juman:

@ogugua1

The "leaders" that led/leading the country astray have children of the guys age mates controlling businesses of billions of dollar.

Nobody is supporting criminal but you are giving excuses for it, just as many here are busy ranting. . . no body holy pass. . .nonsense,  those criminals are in jail and with that criminal record getting a job again will be impossible.

Whether we like it or not some of us are paying the price of crimes committed by other Nigerians.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by slyopez(m): 6:51am On Feb 03, 2012
This serves some people(tribe) right so that some people go dey close dia mouth on some peoples issue. Nobody holy pass
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 03, 2012
Nigerians need to stop creating a bad name for our country overseas. It doesn't speak good of us and it makes those abroad tag our country as a bad one. OYINKANSOLA EVBOREN (CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA LAGOS)
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 03, 2012
erico2k2:

Make evrybody dey run thier mouth chey nah who dem catch be thief.

Na so na,
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 03, 2012
juman:

@ogugua1

This marraige thing we hollering about is nothing, have u guys seen what the chineses do, the Brazillians, the Pakistanis , abeg u guys need to take a chill pill, he just caught and thats it. Yes he did wrong and he is paying the price, so why can"t we let the guy be to do his time , shit he knew the consequences and he cool with it before he went into this bizness. I feel that majority of nigerians who got residency or citizenship out in the US, UK did some mago mago. lets just move on. Chinese people will smuggle men, women and kids into the United states with fakes documents, brazillians too, so wats the fuss, abeg make una free the guy make him do him time. On to the next one !!!
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by seye4nii(f): 10:59am On Feb 03, 2012
ake evrybody dey run thier mouth chey nah who dem catch be thief.[color=#990000][/color]?yes now[SOME PRETEND TO BE JESUS CHRIST]
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 03, 2012
seye4nii:

ake evrybody dey run thier mouth chey nah who dem catch be thief.[color=#990000][/color]?yes now[SOME PRETEND TO BE JESUS CHRIST]

Abeg tell them joorr
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
@Yoruba

Please lets keep tribal issues away from this, they are Nigerians period!
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by OMEGAJAY(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2012
This is serious.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by paris10: 3:05pm On Feb 05, 2012
justwise=Nigerians again!!, though it doesn't come as a surprise to me

This response is shallow-minded, ignorant, bias and detrimental. Do you know how many Asian men are caught everyday indulging in sham marriages? Do you know the amount of Indians and Pakistanis who are involved in this business?

Have you ever thought how many Nigerians are in the UK and how many of them are legal? About 90% of Nigerians live legally in the UK. 50% are British, 30% students, 10% on work and spouse permit and 10% on Visitors visa. 5% are illegal (But these are those who have exhausted their stay and now called over-stayers). sources, ADUELD 2011 (Independent research, University of East London)

The 5% overstayers are  the desperate ones who would do anything to stay legal. Indians are Pakistanis are the largest group of illegal immigrants and sham marriages organisers.

Office of National statistic 2009 accounts for 154,000 of Nigerians born in the UK. So whenever you see Nigerians on the street of Peckham with or without sound English, they might be British citizens and not illegal.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by justwise(m): 3:11pm On Feb 05, 2012
paris10:

This response is shallow-minded, ignorant, bias and detrimental. Do you know how many Asian men are caught everyday indulging in sham marriages? Do you know the amount of Indians and Pakistanis who are involved in this business?

Have you ever thought how many Nigerians are in the UK and how many of them are legal? About 90% of Nigerians live legally in the UK. 50% are British, 30% students, 10% on work and spouse permit and 10% on Visitors visa. 5% are illegal (But these are those who have exhausted their stay and now called over-stayers). sources, ADUELD 2011 (Independent research, University of East London)

The 5% overstayers are  the desperate ones who would do anything to stay legal. Indians are Pakistanis are the largest group of illegal immigrants and sham marriages organisers.

Office of National statistic 2009 accounts for 154,000 of Nigerians born in the UK. So whenever you see Nigerians on the street of Peckham with or without sound English, they might be British citizens and not illegal.

As somebody who is involved in organising fake marriage i know you will come up with this rubbish. I don't care how many Pakistanis or India who do it, i'm not from any of those countries, they will deal with their own problem, i'm only concerned about what some criminals from Nigeria does.

So get over your pointless argument.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by paris10: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2012
justwise:

As somebody who is involved in organising fake marriage i know you will come up with this rubbish. I don't care how many Pakistanis or India who do it, i'm not from any of those countries, they will deal with their own problem, i'm only concerned about what some criminals from Nigeria does.

So get over your pointless argument.

I don't know who you work for or what you do, but I believe you're 'Uncle Tom'. Remember Mohammed Ali? Nigerians are the most self-centred people on the planet. The only group that snitch on one another and the one group that loath it neighbours progress.

We have the Chinese community and village, Indian community and so on, but what do Nigerians have? We have people like you who go around washing their dirty laundry on the street.

Let me teach you philosophy and criminology. In every society there are always "bad eggs". These "bags eggs" are not born this way. But these are the smart a.s.s who defile govt policy on certain issues. Not that they are criminals (a criminal is a person tried and convicted in the court of law), but they are those who deviate from certain norms.

Now who define one as criminal and the other deviant? The society (the people) labelled people  and thus influence govt policy on certain issues like crime and punishment. Now without criminals, there will be no crime. A proper state needs criminals as a scape-goat to function properly. Most issues are political which when dissected correctly leads to where we coming from.

9-11 was political likewise 7-7. All these are govt control programmes to deceive you and I that there are bad people out there. The Govt is the mob. You are the victim. Wise-up Justwise grin
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by justwise(m): 4:02pm On Feb 05, 2012
paris10:

I don't know who you work for or what you do, but I believe you're 'Uncle Tom'. Remember Mohammed Ali? Nigerians are the most self-centred people on the planet. The only group that snitch on one another and the one group that loath it neighbours progress.

We have the Chinese community and village, Indian community and so on, but what do Nigerians have? We have people like you who go around washing their dirty laundry on the street.

Let me teach you philosophy and criminology. In every society there are always "bad eggs". These "bags eggs" are not born this way. But these are the smart a.s.s who defile govt policy on certain issues. Not that they are criminals (a criminal is a person tried and convicted in the court of law), but they are those who deviate from certain norms.

Now who define one as criminal and the other deviant? The society (the people) labelled people  and thus influence govt policy on certain issues like crime and punishment. Now without criminals, there will be no crime. A proper state needs criminals as a scape-goat to function properly. Most issues are political which when dissected correctly leads to where we coming from.

9-11 was political likewise 7-7. All these are govt control programmes to deceive you and I that there are bad people out there. The Govt is the mob. You are the victim. Wise-up Justwise grin

To start with, i wouldn't want to have a thieving neighbour, i will make sure you get hanged.

You must have understood by now that there are certain people in nairaland i detest, they are: aspiring criminals like you, fraudsters, people who peddles baseless and unfounded conspiracy theories, paris10 guess what? You are all of the above, so its pointless trying miserably to preach to me because i stand against everything you stand for.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by paris10: 4:11pm On Feb 05, 2012
justwise:

To start with, i wouldn't want to have a thieving neighbour, i will make sure you get hanged.

You must have understood by now that there are certain people in nairaland i detest, they are: aspiring criminals like you, fraudsters, people who peddles baseless and unfounded conspiracy theories, paris10 guess what? You are all of the above, so its pointless trying miserably to preach to me because i stand against everything you stand for.

Don't take it personal my dear Justwise. We disagree to agree on a point. But you seem too offended and couldn't wisely and constructively argue out your point.

But then, you've been helpful on so many fronts. after all, you don't know me and I don't either. One love Nigeria!
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by manmustwac(m): 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2012
paris10:

Don't take it personal my dear Justwise. We disagree to agree on a point. But you seem too offended and couldn't wisely and constructively argue out your point.

But then, you've been helpful on so many fronts. after all, you don't know me and I don't either. One love Nigeria!
taliking of marriage paris10 I don't remember you inviting any of us nairalanders based in the UK to your wedding last December like you promised undecided
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by paris10: 4:18pm On Feb 05, 2012
manmustwac:

taliking of marriage paris10 I don't remember you inviting any of us nairalanders based in the UK to your wedding last December like you promised undecided

I did, you didn't turn up. See ur white teeth cheesy
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by justwise(m): 4:18pm On Feb 05, 2012
paris10:

That got me depressed now, i don't want to be called: 'My dear' by an individual with your view.

Talking about being a hypocrite. . who started calling me names first here?
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2012
@Paris1o Man u are wasting your time oh once justwise hates ur guys its over, no matter wat you call him "My dear" "Sweetie" Honey" Sugar, he will not back down. I am on his shit list . I agree with you, the marriage thing is old news and yes Nigerians do snitch on their fellow Nigerians abroad. No be nairaland we deh sooner or later we go hear say our super hero Justwise has been arrested for a charge like this, then everybodi go shut up
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by justwise(m): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2012
ogugua1:

@Paris1o Man u are wasting your time oh once justwise hates ur guys its over, no matter wat you call him "My dear" "Sweetie" Honey" Sugar, he will not back down. I am on his poo list . I agree with you, the marriage thing is old news and yes Nigerians do snitch on their fellow Nigerians abroad. No be nairaland we deh sooner or later we go hear say our super hero Justwise has been arrested for a charge like this, then everybodi go shut up

If you are waiting for such news you will probably die waiting for it.
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2012
justwise:

[/b]

If you are waiting for such news you will probably die waiting for it.

I doubt it tho, u might die before me, u might end up having a heart attack the way u go about policing people on nairaland. end up with a stroke, then hey if u not on a wheel chair now, i will get u one as an xmas gift. ciao
Re: Another Nigerian Jailed For Sham Marriages In The Uk by seye4nii(f): 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2012
: ogugua1 and paris10,,,DONT MIND JUSTWISE [his our jesus christ, FATHER TERRESA WIT NO SIN.

(1) (2) (3)

Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index / Dana Air Wins Best Customer Friendly Domestic Airline Award… / Lagos State: The Pride Of The South West..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.