Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Creative Tips To Make Your Resume Stand Out #hirenaijachat - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Creative Tips To Make Your Resume Stand Out #hirenaijachat (1138 Views)

When You Lied On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel (pics) / 5 Tiny Changes That Make Your Resume Easy For Recruiters To Skim!! / NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Creative Tips To Make Your Resume Stand Out #hirenaijachat by Naijacareerist: 10:09pm On Feb 02, 2012
This is a snippit of the #HireNaijaChat that was on twitter today. These are great tips to make resume stand out and get call backs or request for internviews. To see the whole chat go to this link http://tweetreach.com/reports/2431648

You can use a word cloud to do a key word analysis. If your word cloud looks different from the job description and make the necessary adjustments

Make sure to quantify key results that you performed for your former companies

Example of quantifying your resume are increased advertising impressions by 30%, reduced time to fill by 25%, or raised 50 million naira in sales revenue for the 4th quarter

Add personality in your resume by highlighting unique accomplishments such as published article on Forbes or managed online blog for 2 years
You do not need an objective instead create a one liner punch that will grab the attention of the HR manager
An example: I have three years experience in both the technical and business aspects of the human resources field with a demonstrated ability to serve as a lead expert resource for strategic business initiatives, workforce development and analytics.

Have a standard resume and a guerrilla marketing resume. Your guerrilla marketing resume will be used to send directly to managers and recruiters to get their attention

In a guerrilla resume actually write snipts of what people have said about you at the various places you have workerd.

Dedicate a section in your resume to write down specific skills such as Proven track record in full cycle recruiting with an increase rate of 50% in new hires.

Always put down what technology skills you have like experience in Microsoft word or any tech skills relevant to your industry
Make sure that every time you apply for a new job, that your CV matches the job description you are applying for.
Re: Creative Tips To Make Your Resume Stand Out #hirenaijachat by yamakuza: 4:14am On Feb 03, 2012
I daresay most of these terms/your approach will be foreign/alien to most of our youth(s)/graduates.

I hope i'm wrong though.

Thanks and rewelcome.
Re: Creative Tips To Make Your Resume Stand Out #hirenaijachat by sanath123: 6:08am On Feb 03, 2012
The post posted by the author is best on Resume tips. Also this topic is suitable to me. & it is usefull. Also i appreciate to the author For posting such a great post. Also you can visit this siste which will gives a idea about How to write resume in aprofessional & in standard format.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Fire Service. / They Want To Interview Me, But They Need My Work Permit First / How To Be A Scholar And Famous Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.