Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. (8505 Views)

Arik Air Shuts Down As Unions Protest N12.4bn Debt It Owed FAAN / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by vincey(m): 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2012
Arik air is charging me 25% for an incomplete online fligkt booking, na my own go loss?

What is hapening in 9ja now,,, what would you do if it hapens to you,
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by zinnoclan: 11:52pm On May 07, 2012
This Arik Air incomplete booking thing is becoming a very big wahala to passengers who book online, very fast in debiting one's account but wont issue a confirmed ticket! sad
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by onatisi(m): 8:08am On May 08, 2012
maybe u should lodge a complain at their office .or what do you think?
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by oladre: 4:59pm On May 09, 2012
Same Arik cancelled my flight from Lagos to Uyo billed for 7:30am without even notifying passengers, d flight later took off at about 1:30pm, a good 6 hours after we ought to have left. Up till now no apologies or message from them.
They run this industry like a molue charter service.
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 09, 2012
@ Op, Sorry about that, just avoid booking online for sometime, all things will be rectify
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by zoomzu(f): 5:09pm On May 09, 2012
Thia has happened to me on several occasions, I do not know how their portal is designed, others like Aero and Dana are not like that, if anything happen along the line, others would tell you there was already a transaction going on, do you wish to continue or cancel but Arik will debit you money even you kept click 20 times, they will keep debiting. Last time I had issue similar to this with Aero Contractor, my money was paid back to me in full with several apologies.

Something happened sometime ago, I bought a London ticket for my Boss's son, it happened that Arik changed the flight date which does not comply with the boy's plan because he has to resume in school. We had to buy another ticket though, a mail was sent to us. When I went to Arik to seek for refund or validate the ticket for another trip to U.K. with the option of paying a fine or additional charges, they kept asking me to come today, come tomorrow. I went there for almost 7 times, from Abeokuta to Lagos (N128,000+). To cut the long story short, I got nothing out of all my trips. Arik is a fraud, their staff too are not well taken care off because of what few ones among them I spoke to told me. Arik is not treating their customers well at all.
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by imparable7(m): 5:25pm On May 09, 2012
hmmm
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 09, 2012
Do people still fly Arik??

Everyone in my family dumped Arik for other airlines a while ago.

They can also stuff their cheap international fare where the sun don't shine.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by mkpologwu(m): 5:41pm On May 09, 2012
Arik is stufid. I planned a trip from moon to venus, but they left 3hrs b4 schedule without informing some passengers! But unfortunately for them, we still met them on d way replacing flat tyre!! They are highly unorganised!!!

1 Like

Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 09, 2012
I always fly Dana When you fly Dana, you see Arik on the 'ground'

1 Like

Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 09, 2012
Why using that useless airline? When there are other good airlines? Na u do urself..
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by Mayflowa(m): 7:10pm On May 09, 2012
I hate Arik with passion!

1 Like

Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by mycito90: 7:48pm On May 09, 2012
hmmmm me i always take dana....dnt even lyk arik at all...
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by Kandidear: 7:49pm On May 09, 2012
Why fly Arik Air? Thats what i asked a friend who arik messed up. Hmmmmm!!.
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by alahamad(m): 7:51pm On May 09, 2012
Arik is more expensive locally nd cancel flights or extend flight times anyhow.

They are more useless on the international wing nd thats why I don't even look at their side.

Last year's election period, I spent 6hrs inside Dana for a 70mins flight from Kano to Lagos.....from stories of hot weather to lie of a short run-way....and as for Aero and Air-nigeria....their services are like waaaay back in the 70s.....shifting flight time as if its a favor they are doing for you.......

No matter how important a meeting or event is, I advice you book nd travel a day befor what u wanna do cos no Nigerian flight is reliable......
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by zeefever: 8:08pm On May 09, 2012
I've given up on Arik completely. There's no need. As for Aero,they will have to pay me to use them. If they are not cancelling the flight,it will be delayed by several hours. Air Nigeria & Dana are proving themselves reliable (for now).
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by laidback(m): 8:12pm On May 09, 2012
Last friday, the same Arik air debited my account some NGN81,000 through this 'incomplete booking' stuff. It's the useless judiciary system in Nigeria I blame. The western society didn't get to where it is today just like that. When you want to do business anyhow as a corporate entity and you get sued just once for incompetence, no be person go tell you next time to arrange yourself.

I just dey look them first cos, seriously I don't mind taking this one to any length.
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by FlyboyZee: 9:47pm On May 09, 2012
No mind Arik jo. Dem be very big thieves.
Dem chop my N37,000.00 wen dem refuse to check me in. Dem say I don late and that checking in don close. Meanwhile, d plane still never show at that time. I come dey de try to hussle another flyt from ABV to PHC, na im dem come announce that flyt, dat is lyk afta 2 hours don pass. Wen I try wan collect my money bak, dem say make I go Lagos, but unfortunately for dem, biz come take me reach Las Gidis, na so Arik staff dem come dey toss me left and ryt. Being a very busy man and man on a mission I just know say d money no go show. Na so I take leave am for them o. Till today, the tickets still de my hand.

I wish I had d time to sue their sorry ahsses.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by LAX89(m): 12:03am On May 10, 2012
Flyboy Zee: No mind Arik jo. Dem be very big thieves.
Dem chop my N37,000.00 wen dem refuse to check me in. Dem say I don late and that checking in don close. Meanwhile, d plane still never show at that time. I come dey de try to hussle another flyt from ABV to PHC, na im dem come announce that flyt, dat is lyk afta 2 hours don pass. Wen I try wan collect my money bak, dem say make I go Lagos, but unfortunately for dem, biz come take me reach Las Gidis, na so Arik staff dem come dey toss me left and ryt. Being a very busy man and man on a mission I just know say d money no go show. Na so I take leave am for them o. Till today, the tickets still de my hand.

I wish I had d time to sue their sorry ahsses.

A bad system does NOT change by itself, people take the pains and inconvenience to ACT to change the system (It should not be so, but, thats how it works!). Even the western world system we all wish for, they did NOT get that way by just giving up! Somebody HAS to have the time to "sue their sorry ahsses", If not, then don't complain!

1 Like

Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by mrkels(m): 12:08am On May 10, 2012
THose bastards? most expensive local flights and they don't respect their customers. Don't fly with them anymore, infact self I have not used any airline company in a while.
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by lastpage: 3:48am On May 10, 2012
I think you have the right to "cancel" a Direct debit on your account, up to 24hrs (depending on bank, two days in some cases) after initiating it for an online transaction. Just INFORM YOUR BANK IN WRITING IMMEDIATELY.

If they dont act on it (the bank), it becomes their liability and they will have to recoup the money from the Creditor but they will put your money back in your own account meanwhile..

With the level of epileptic internet service in Nigeria (E go connect small, then e go break-off so tey! grin ) it is not unusual to have incomplete transactions. This is one thing that Malam Sanusi that was whining about "Cashless Economy", failed to understand.

In Banking, the transaction simply rolls-backwards, if not fully committed.
That is how Arik Portal should be made to work.

Charging customers 25% for incomplete transactions is nothing but FRAUD!
Anyway, your transaction was not for "25%" thus, you are not paying for such transaction!

Why not a few of you who have been affected, band together and sue Arik to court in a class action?

Believe me, it does work! Go and ask some Zenith Bank staff (after thousand have suffered same faith from the likes of Continental, UBA, Oceanic Banks retrenchment without proper severance pay!) that were bold and patient enough to tale civil action.

If you wont put your foot down, then dont complain when they put their foot in YOUR MOUTH! wink grin tongue

Go ask Fela: Suffering and Smiling! shocked

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by laidback(m): 7:06am On May 10, 2012
lastpage: I think you have the right to "cancel" a Direct debit on your account, up to 24hrs (depending on bank, two days in some cases) after initiating it for an online transaction. Just INFORM YOUR BANK IN WRITING IMMEDIATELY.

If they dont act on it (the bank), it becomes their liability and they will have to recoup the money from the Creditor but they will put your money back in your own account meanwhile..

With the level of epileptic internet service in Nigeria (E go connect small, then e go break-off so tey! grin ) it is not unusual to have incomplete transactions. This is one thing that Malam Sanusi that was whining about "Cashless Economy", failed to understand.

In Banking, the transaction simply rolls-backwards, if not fully committed.
That is how Arik Portal should be made to work.

Charging customers 25% for incomplete transactions is nothing but FRAUD!
Anyway, your transaction was not for "25%" thus, you are not paying for such transaction!

Why not a few of you who have been affected, band together and sue Arik to court in a class action?

Believe me, it does work! Go and ask some Zenith Bank staff (after thousand have suffered same faith from the likes of Continental, UBA, Oceanic Banks retrenchment without proper severance pay!) that were bold and patient enough to tale civil action.

If you wont put your foot down, then dont complain when they put their foot in YOUR MOUTH! wink grin tongue

Go ask Fela: Suffering and Smiling! shocked

Lastpage!

Bro please are you sure about the 'bolded' above? I think the class action thingy would make a whole lot of sense truly truly o. My own is still very fresh - occurred just last Friday.

I have left money for an airline coy before on a reasonable basis. I was supposed to fly back from home to Abuja in January this year with Aero only for the occupy protest to start which shut down airports that period. I called them, didn't ask for a refund though, but they said I can use it anytime. Which is ok by me. Its just like 17k or thereabouts. It's in my name and I'll always have a reason to fly lag-abj. But this one with Arik is for two passengers, (my boss and his wife) who've already flown with a different airline after the failure of this transaction! Besides it was an 'Incomplete booking' which between the airline and myself, is obviously the fault of their online platform. For Pete's sake, I'm an online person, I make several, different online transactions on several different platforms with my reliable glo connection. I've never had this kind of experience. This is just fraud at its finest, and I'm not surprised!
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by zoomzu(f): 8:53am On May 10, 2012
In SUMMARY.....AAAAARRRRRRRIIIIIKKKKKK (ARIK) is a fraud.
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by laidback(m): 10:19am On May 10, 2012
zoomzu: In SUMMARY.....AAAAARRRRRRRIIIIIKKKKKK (ARIK) is a fraud.

No Ma, that's not the summary, it's the beginning. The summary is yet to come. We'll not just lie low on this one, I won't.
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by fasbio(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2012
BEST THINGS TO DO IS TO BOOK YOUR FLIGHT BY TELEPHONE
COS I THINK THERE ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM IS NOT GOOD
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by wandeay: 12:04pm On May 10, 2012
mtcheeeew! arik is a failure, last month, about N252, 000 was deducted from my account on several booking, i went to complain, ther was notin done, i immediately ask my lawyer to write them, within 1 week, i was refunded with several letters of apology, now, i use Air Nigeria, excellent service, excellent management

1 Like

Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by DisGuy: 1:29pm On May 10, 2012
grin unpatriotic nigerians
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by walcolm(m): 2:35pm On May 10, 2012
i dont get you guys...i just tried to book a flight on their website and the only time it asked me for debit card details was after i had entered all information required for the flight. at that point, if you are debited, you should get a flight
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by laidback(m): 7:50pm On May 10, 2012
wandeay: mtcheeeew! arik is a failure, last month, about N252, 000 was deducted from my account on several booking, i went to complain, ther was notin done, i immediately ask my lawyer to write them, within 1 week, i was refunded with several letters of apology, now, i use Air Nigeria, excellent service, excellent management

Please I'd like to know, did they refund 100% or just a part? But if I have to engage a lawyer to write then that means my legal fees would be included in the refund as well. cool They debited my account some 81,000, by the time you subtract legal, how much is left?
Re: Arik Air And Fraud, What Arenigerians Doing. by lastpage: 7:35am On May 11, 2012
laidback:
Please I'd like to know, did they refund 100% or just a part? But if I have to engage a lawyer to write then that means my legal fees would be included in the refund as well. cool They debited my account some 81,000, by the time you subtract legal, how much is left?
There is no "Legal fees" when a "Court Action" has not been taken yet!
What you need is a Lawyer to write them a simple letter of "intent to take up legal action" if they dont refund the money.
That should not cost more than two thousand naira, at most!

it is only when they refuse, that your Lawyer would now institute a legal action in a court of Law.
Again, ask the Lawyer for a "Prono Bono" arraingement (No win, No fee).

if he is sure you have a "good case" and he will win, he will agree!
At the end, he will add his fees (+about 25% more) to whatever relief he is seeking from the court.

If he wins, he gets 30% of whatever you are granted by the court. Simple.

Lastpage

(1) (2) (Reply)

Winter/Summer: Most Beautiful Towns, Villages, And Landscapes In The World. / I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? / Laptops In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.