Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway (7077 Views)

I Used Personal Income To Rebuild Church In Kano – Emir Sanusi / I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership / Emir Of Kano Sanusi Lamido To Rebuild Burnt Baptist Church In Kano. Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2012
When I see this I would applaud
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2012
These people are not really serious,all this talk about road being constructed from sw to delta is mere politics.it seems its hard for yorubas to realise that they can never lord it over edo and delta again.the itsekiri,esan,bini and other edo tribes will never join sw or odua republic.isnt it obvious that the traditional councils and people of edo,delta will have nothing to do with yoruba politically,the yoruba who wanted to impose their language on delta and edo as far back as the sixties.these people should be more concerned with developing their backward sw state capitals.
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by aljharem(m): 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2012
chima12:

These people are not really serious,all this talk about road being constructed from sw to delta is mere politics.it seems its hard for yorubas to realise that they can never lord it over edo and delta again.the itsekiri,esan,bini and other edo tribes will never join sw or odua republic.isnt it obvious that the traditional councils and people of edo,delta will have nothing to do with yoruba politically,the yoruba who wanted to impose their language on delta and edo as far back as the sixties.these people should be more concerned with developing their backward sw state capitals.

but you do not know of the kedu crisis right ?

when did yoruba try to impose langauge on people  but me I can show you the igbo ones. I am waiting

some of you people are even saying fashola should not be there because lagos is this and that cry cry cry I pity you people

anyway I am waiting
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by obongoboy: 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2012
@valactius, u are my man, u'v said it all
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ikeyman00(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2012

when did yoruba try to impose langauge on people  but me I can show you the igbo ones. I am waiting

some of you people are even saying fashola should not be there because lagos is this and that I pity you people

anyway I am waiting

go and take rat poison my freind

ask the reason everybody speak enrilsh; eyoo no vanaculorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ooo

silly thing
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by cjfavour(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2012
fantastic if its nt only talk talk and no action. Nt wait,is GEJ nt a brother? why won't he just stop playing politics with these essential roads and repay them? GOD SAVE US FRM THIS PARTY IN POWER!!!
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2012
Good plan but "coded" cos theres more to it than development.
One of my concern is how many toll gate we'll have on that road courtesy of Tinubu & co. And how many billions they will claim to have spend on construction i.e lekki epe expressway in lagos is a vivid example of corruption and fraud.
However the southwest seems to have an agenda from their press release (devolution of power, more allocation e.t.c) by the ekiti state governor.
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2012
alj harem:

some of you people are even saying fashola should not be there because lagos is this and that cry cry cry I pity you people

anyway I am waiting
  why cant you concentrate on northern issues and leave us southerners to handle southern issues? Are there no pressing issues in NW and NE that require your attention? Issues such as-                                         
  -almajiri menace- almajiri population is estimated to be about 10 million by various media sources.A time is coming when people in the NW and NE will be scared of driving cars and the rich and affluent in the north will go on exile from these places for security reasons because these almajiris are a security risk especially in an environment of rising poverty,illiteracy,arms proliferation via boko haram and lybia,chad routes; rise in propagation  of radical islamic theology/ideology  in the north   
   -underage/forced marrige and vvf-vaigiiina disease of young,underaged mothers in the north                         
  -boko haram menace             
   -pauperisation of the northern populace by the northern elite   
  -illiteracy- doesnt it bother you that in many primary and secondary schools in northeast and northwest,subjects ie english,maths,science ,health    education and others have to be taught in hausa language for the school kids/students to show a little interest                       
   -poor enrolement rate of notherners in schools                 
  -desertification                               
   -corruption- only in northeast and northwest will you see someone on 20k monthly salary driving a car worth 4 million naira.               
 There are more issues in the north that you should be bordered about and looking for solutions to them.Whenever we are discussing  southern issues,your opinion is not needed.
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 04, 2012
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by aljharem(m): 10:34pm On Feb 04, 2012
PStylish:

Where were you when alj_harem's original identity was unmasked?
alj_harem is no northerner. He is an Awori man from Lagos state.
He also uses the moniker, step1, once in a while.
I think he was employed by Nairaland to act as the voice of the north (to speak in defence of the north) when issues that concerned the north were being discussed.

I hope this my post doesnt get deleted by the mod like previous similar ones.

gbammm tell this people oooo

although I was not employed but did it out of free will after so much dehumanizing comment I have read cool
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 05, 2012
PStylish:

Where were you when alj_harem's original identity was unmasked?
alj_harem is no northerner. He is an Awori man from Lagos state.
He also uses the moniker, step1, once in a while.
I think he was employed by Nairaland to act as the voice of the north (to speak in defence of the north) when issues that concerned the north were being discussed.

I hope this my post doesnt get deleted by the mod like previous similar ones.
so seun osewa,the owner of nairaland can stoop so low as to hire someone and pay him salary just for insulting and abusing Igbo people.
Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by seunlayi(m): 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2012
talk talk talk talk let see the action then, we will belive

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Demdem(m): 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2012
I aint comfortable with this. Instead i feel more pressure should be exerted on the retardeen to get this done. Its FG responsibility.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Aliyu And Lamido Deceived Me- Gov. Amaechi: / Nigerians Will Be More Careful After Reading This / Anybody who believes that I would leave PDP Is Sleeping – Gov. Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.