Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode (8810 Views)

Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay / Diezani To Be Charged Alongside Her Mother - Sahara Reporters / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 8:13am On Feb 04, 2012
This is what FFK wrote on a photo link of sanusi, the CBN governor on his facebook page, .What role did Sanusi Lamido Sanusi have to play in the public beheading of Akaluka, the igbo man in Kano who was accused of ''desecrating the koran''? Why was Sanusi locked up in a Sokoto prison for his alleged role in the incident and why , was he not brought to justice for being amongst those that incited the crowd to behead Akaluka? Where is the report and why has it been supressed? Who were the others that incited the crowd that were summarily executed for doing so by the government of the day and why was Sanusi spared? These are very serious questions that need to be answered and if it is true that Lamido was in any way involved he should not only be removed from the Central Bank immediately but he must also be charged with murder. It is left to the Nigerian people to either demand answers to these questions or just let this whole thing slip away. One thing that I know is that it appears that Akaluka's blood and his headless body is now speaking from the grave and haunting his murderers.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by nwabobo: 8:24am On Feb 04, 2012
breeze don dey blow, fowl yansh don dey open, but must every Tom Dic.k and Harry use Ndigbo to settle personal scores?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 04, 2012
Over to you Biafra!!!!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by MrGlobe(m): 8:54am On Feb 04, 2012
So this dude was formerly an almajiri
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by kenny1st(m): 9:21am On Feb 04, 2012
I even learnt he's one of the sponsors of BH
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by ektbear: 9:29am On Feb 04, 2012
So Sanusi is a murderer too?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 9:31am On Feb 04, 2012
nwabobo:

breeze don dey blow, fowl yansh don dey open, but must every Tom manliness and Harry use Ndigbo to settle personal scores?
na so. E be like say everybody don they struggle to get ndigbo on their side nowadays and I no no why
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by beylinko(m): 9:34am On Feb 04, 2012
wow! the blood of abel is now calling. So dis guy sanusi has something on his sleeves too.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by HertzU(m): 9:40am On Feb 04, 2012
Kenny wateva dats a blatant lie. Its ppl like you nd Femi Fayode who ruin Equity in 9ja
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by hercules07: 11:01am On Feb 04, 2012
Sanusi haters gathering again, Fani Kayode suddenly becomes the truth himself, I just shake myself at all of you, I do not even know why the guy did not allow Oceanic and Intercontinental to fail, I am sure you guys will be singing a new song by now.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 11:06am On Feb 04, 2012
hercules07:

Sanusi haters gathering again, Fani Kayode suddenly becomes the truth himself, I just shake myself at all of you, I do not even know why the guy did not allow Oceanic and Intercontinental to fail, I am sure you guys will be singing a new song by now.
I think you have a pathological hatred for truth. It has nothing to do with fani kayode or intercontinental Bank. Was he involved? Was he locked up? Why were the other people locked with him executed and sanusi spared after the intervention of kano emirate? Where is the report exonerating him. These are the questions any sane Nigerian shud be asking by now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by hercules07: 11:09am On Feb 04, 2012
Fani Kayode comes out of no where to mud sling and you guys take it hook line and sinker, Sanusi is locked up and nobody has picked up on it all this while, I am sure Sanusi is not perfect, but to accuse him of murder is an all time low, do you guys think he would have been put in charge of first bank if he was a murderer?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 11:26am On Feb 04, 2012
hercules07:

Fani Kayode comes out of no where to mud sling and you guys take it hook line and sinker, Sanusi is locked up and nobody has picked up on it all this while, I am sure Sanusi is not perfect, but to accuse him of murder is an all time low, do you guys think he would have been put in charge of first bank if he was a murderer?
you are mistaken my brother. First bank is a private business. Even crooks own banks anywhere in the world. If Obasanjo knew that Yardua was terminally ill would he have allowed him become president? Common sense will say No but the reality in Nigeria means yes. Yardua was such an incompetent man that he probably knew next to nothing about sanusi and his fundamentalist history before appointing him. The question still remains: was he arrested? Yes! Has he been exonerated? No! That is the question now!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by hercules07: 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2012
Apparently you do not know what bank MDs go through before they are appointed, there is no way this would have been kept under wraps if it was true, it would have been used to blackmail him, my guy, look for something else to pin on the man, this one is a no no.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by energylink: 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2012
hercules07:

Apparently you do not know what bank MDs go through before they are appointed, there is no way this would have been kept under wraps if it was true, it would have been used to blackmail him, my guy, look for something else to pin on the man, this one is a no no.

STOP TALKING RUBBISH, EVERY NIGERIAN KNOWS HOW APPOINTMENTS ARE MADE IN THIS COUNTRY. SOMEBODY GAVE YOU AN EXAMPLE OF YARUDUA, AND YOU ARE STILL ARGUING. KEEP ARGUING, TRUTHS WILL CONTINUE TO UNVEIL. GOD IN CHARGE NOW.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by Gbawe: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2012
Many Nigerians believed Sanusi to be above reproach. His utterances lately and revelations about his past now leaves objective Nigerians, consistently devoted to the truth and what is best for our Nation,  no choice than to conclude Sanusi may be a man driven inordinately by ethnocentric, elitist and religious fundamentalism.

We should Ask why it is Sanusi , of the "young turks" Northerners now touted for future leadership prominence, who is involved in what is written below. Many of us believed in SLS previously as a bright leadership prospect. Nonetheless, we are not obligated to keep believing that to the extent of following him into a hole if events , past and present, now show him to be different to what we believed him to be.

http://transformationwatch./2012/02/03/mallam-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-boko-haram-and-religious-extremism-eghes-eyieyien/

MALLAM SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI, BOKO HARAM AND RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM – Eghes Eyieyien

Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi sent me a text last Sunday threatening me that he would sue me for “libel” for disclosing on my Facebook page, on the discussion thread where I raised the Thisday story of his statement about the motivation of Boko Haram, that he was indicted by Gen. Sani Abacha for the Kano religious riot in which Gideon Akaluka was beheaded. Sanusi’s indictment was for his complicity as one of those the government believed instigated the riot. In fact, the report at the time was that eight people were manipulated by the security agencies for their role in causing the riot. Seven of them were allegedly executed summarily but Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was spared because of the pleas of notable northern leaders on his behalf being a Prince of Kano Emirate. His grand-father was the Emir of Kano who was deposed by the government of Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Premier of the Old Northern Region of Nigeria and the Sardauna of Sokoto. So Gen. Sani Abacha’s government sent Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi to be incarcerated in Sokoto Prison for a period of about two years. He was never formally charged or put on trial before a Court or other judicial panel. So Sanusi somehow believes that all Nigerians above forty years of age and well-informed enough to know what transpired at the time have somehow developed a sudden case of mass amnesia or would be too star-struck by his award-winning brilliance to speak out. So he has ensured that the inglorious period of his incarceration is unaccounted for in his resume since he conveniently omits it from his Curriculum Vitae and Profile. I guess any human being would have done the same if they had such a skeleton in their closet and had to serve as the Governor of a Central Bank.I have challenged some journalist to go and interview Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi to get his reaction to my “allegation”. And to independently check this information with his close friends, his former colleagues at ICON Merchant Bank and the key operatives of our security services and the Prisons authority who were in employment between 1993 and 1998.

So why have I decided to go public with this information at this time? I have decided to go public with this information at this time because I am now convinced that Sanusi is a dangerous religious extremist in government. He should never have been appointed as the CBN Governor! I am now convinced that Mallam Sanusi is too dangerous a religious extremist and a Jihadist to be in government how much more the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by T9ksy(m): 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2012
helpee:

If Obasanjo knew that Yardua was terminally ill would he have allowed him become president? Common sense will say No but the reality in Nigeria means yes. 

What's common sense got to do with this issue? olokurun in yar adua- he was already "one foot in the grave" which was common knowledge to all those in the corridors of power including Obj and the northern cabal who were hell-bent on having power back to the north that they would have supported a dead man in aso rock so long as that corpse comes from the north.

http://ehenmag.com/2010/05/06/yaraduas-deaththe-true-story-behind-it/
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by violent(m): 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2012
hercules07:

you are speaking trash!. . .this silly "ask no questions" attitude is why this country will forever remain in the dark deep!

nothing has ever been made more simple: 

1)  Was he involved?

2) why was he exonerated?

3) where is the report exonerating him?

who asked or when the questions were asked is totally immaterial. it's sad when someone comes up with line of reasoning such as "would he have been an MD if he was involved? ". . . how the bleep is that related to the questions being asked?. . . . can people seriously not think beyond this point?

I will place a bet, if in the unlikely case Sanusi is found to have been involved in the cold murder many years ago, some seriously pathetic slow thinkers will start argument on why Sanusi must not be held responsible and how the whole shyt is being stirred by the cabal Sanusi uprooted from banking.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2012
violent:

you are speaking trash!. . .this silly "ask no questions" attitude is why this country will forever remain in the dark deep!

nothing has ever been made more simple: 

1)  Was he involved?

2) why was he exonerated?

3) where is the report exonerating him?

who asked or when the questions were asked is totally immaterial. it's sad when someone comes up with line of reasoning such as "would he have been an MD if he was involved? ". . . how the bleep is that related to the questions being asked?. . . . can people seriously not think beyond this point?

I will place a bet, if in the unlikely case Sanusi is found to have been involved in the cold murder many years ago, some seriously pathetic slow thinkers will start argument on why Sanusi must not be held responsible and how the whole shyt is being stirred by the cabal Sanusi uprooted from banking.

Gbam! True talk. very soon we will start hearing that sanusi is being persecuted by CAN because of islamic banking.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by OK2NV: 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2012
Fani Kayode is to be taking as seriously as a cup of warm vapored shitt.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2012
OK2NV:

Fani Kayode is to be taking as seriously as a cup of warm vapored shitt.
in america, if this allegation were to be made by a mad man, they will still investigate because we are talking about murder here and by now, Sanusi himself ought to have called a press conference to clear his name from such a weighty allegation. If somebody as important as a former minister is accusing somebody as important as a central bank Governor of murder and all you can talk about is that somebody should not be taken seriously then this country may not come out of the woods.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 04, 2012
Only in Nigeria will a man like Sanusi be a CBN governor. He was made CEO of First Bank because he belonged to the Mutallab camp. He was just a senior manager in 2000 and by 2009, he was CBN governor. Even a genius does not get that much promotion overnight. I can tell you that if not for his political connections, he would not be anywhere near where he is today. The problem we have is the high level of illitracy and ignorance in Nigeria, that is why a half baked economist like SLS sounds intelligent.

He is a religious and tribal extremist and he has never hidden his dislike for southerners. In one of his previous comments, he labelled the Yoruba as the problem of Nigeria. Check the link below. And we can now see he was involved in the killing of an Igbo man. If GEJ got any brains or balls, SLS should be fired!

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=868:yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi&catid=57:sanusi-lamido-sanusi
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by OK2NV: 1:43pm On Feb 04, 2012
I don't like the two characters involved. Sanusi is actually a dormant Islamic Fanatic waiting to explode but on the other hand Fanny Kayode could win an award in any mental asylum for best ward painter.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2012
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by nduchucks: 1:56pm On Feb 04, 2012
The dunces, dullards, and politically unsophisticated anound NLers cannot see that political jostling in preparation for 2015 has already begun. Fani Kayode is desperately trying to make himself relevant but everyone remembers his performance as a two-time minister.

The arrest of Sanusi, a Kano prince, may not be unrelated to trying to silence Sanusi who has never shied away from opposing Abacha, in his own little way, back then. It is a known fact that Sanusi wants to become the Emir of Kano and the Abacha boys will stop at nothing to try to stop him, even if it takes using the political jobber, Fani kayode.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by KnowAll(m): 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2012
[size=14pt]Where are the Akaluka family, let them come out and tell the world what transpired or they should keep quiet forever[/size], undecided
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by violent(m): 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The dunces, dullards, and politically unsophisticated anound NLers cannot see that political jostling in preparation for 2015 has already begun. Fani Kayode is desperately trying to make himself relevant but everyone remembers his performance as a two-time minister.

The arrest of Sanusi, a Kano prince, may not be unrelated to trying to silence Sanusi who has never shied away from opposing Abacha, in his own little way, back then. It is a known fact that Sanusi wants to become the Emir of Kano and the Abacha boys will stop at nothing to try to stop him, even if it takes using the political jobber, Fani kayode.  

Fani Kayode's performance as a minister is not what is being questioned, every dog has its day!   It's seriously frustrating how some of us pay with our sweats, tears and blood to restore a culture of accountability and justice that many already died for, back to the country, while those who will like us think they are politically sophisticated and intelligent fellows keep providing sophisticated excuses to let offenders escape the long arm of Justice!

Why should anything be more difficult to answer?

Was Sanusi involved in a cold murder case?

If yes, why was he not tried?

Coming up with tons of political excuses not to prosecute a suspected criminal is the prime reason anyone will always get away with anything in this country.  Hear the sophisticated politicians:  "He's a Kano Prince" so fck what?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by nduchucks: 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2012
@violent, how old were you when Abacha was the head of state? Which of the statements below is more plausible to you:

[list]
[li]The arrest of Sanusi, a Kano prince, may not be unrelated to trying to silence Sanusi who had never shied away from opposing Abacha, in his own little way, back then.[/li]
[li]Sanusi is a murderer[/li]
[/list]

Answer the question with an objective mind devoid of tribalism and bigotry and you'll discover that the first item above is the most likely accurate one. The onus is on the accusers to support their accusations with facts. We all know that Abacha killed, imprisoned, maimed, and punished his opponents at will during his reign. The arrest of Sanusi, if it ever happened, is consistent with Abacha's brutality, nothing more.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 04, 2012
Is Sanusi Huasa/Fulani? yes
Is Sanusi a moslem? yes
does Sanusi accept the instructions in the koran as true? Yes
Did Sanusi study Sharia in Somalia? yes

Then anything is posible with such a fellow
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by violent(m): 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2012
@ndu_chucks:

The arrest of Sanusi, a Kano prince, may not be unrelated to trying to silence Sanusi who had never shied away from opposing Abacha, in his own little way, back then.

While this argument seems plausible, it may be seen by some of us, unsophisticated political analysts, as an attempt to deny responsibilities for an event or more likely sweep issues under the carpet.   Sanusi was never as much of a critic of Abacha as you will like us to believe. He wouldn't have commanded as much attention enough to be seen as a threat to Abacha's regime.

Sanusi is a murderer

This second statement may appear less plausible than the first simply because of Sanusi's current status as the CBN governor.  It however doesn't say anything about his past.  In reality, every man is capable of murder, the chances are higher for a man with religious motive and who's known to have vigorously spear-headed the campaign for Sharia law implementation.  For such people, an insult to Allah is more than enough reason to commit murder.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by nduchucks: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2012
@violent, I am convinced that you are a reasonable person who would agree with me that it is better in this case to err on the side of caution.

BTW, your prejudiced notion that the chances are higher for a man with religious motive and who's known to have vigorously spear-headed the campaign for Sharia law implementation, to commit murder, are higher, is not enough for you to ascertain that Sanusi is guilty of such. Lets be reasonable.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode by violent(m): 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2012
@ndu_chucks

My arguments are not to say for certain that Sanusi must be guilty of murder.  I'm simple arguing that the truths of the events leading to the arrest, detention and eventual release of the son of an influential family while all others in the same shoes were executed, must be established.  Providing safety nets in form of a political "witch hunt" will only help to further mask the truth and ultimately obstruct Justice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze / Abia Denies Revoking Orji's ABSU Degree / Why Men Die Faster Than Women (hillarious Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.