Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? (8578 Views)

'One Chance' Robbers Apprehended In Jos (Photos) / 60-Year-Old Man Stole A Car In Jos, Plateau State - See What Happened To Him / Birom Christians Eat Roasted Flesh Of Muslims They Killed In Jos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? by Wily2wily: 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2012
Beroms are the most bravest Nigeria, they are ready at any time to kill and eat Hausa/Fulani,
I dey Salute Beroms, Keep it up, Job well done.
Re: Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? by hakanai(m): 8:09pm On Feb 05, 2012
Jos: The Killings Continue
Published on September 13, 2011 by TheNEWS · 1 Comment

Jos, capital of Plateau State, witnesses another inter-ethnic crisis, leading to deaths and destructiom

Several cars burnt at the Rukuba prayer ground.

Many people had thought the battle for supremacy between the Hausa-Fulani Muslims, often referred to as settlers, and Berom natives in Jos was over, after the re-election of Governor Jonah Jang. But the relative peace that Plateau residents enjoyed in the last three months suffered a severe setback on Monday 29 August, when groups of Muslim and Christian youths clashed along Rukuba Road.
The attack which introduced a new, unhealthy dimension to the protracted violence in Plateau State was launched by some Christian youths who insisted that the Muslims must not use the Rukuba Road mosque for prayers any longer. But the Sheikh Mohammad Yahaya Jengre-led Izala group defied all warnings and went ahead to pray at the mosque on the Monday the violence erupted. Yahaya’s refusal to heed the warnings provoked the Christian youths, who engaged the Muslims in a bloody clash.

Eyewitnesses painted gory pictures of human beings slaughtered like rams, vehicles and motorcycles burnt and sophisticated weapons freely used. The clash at Rukuba Road did not only claim hundreds of lives, including women and children, it also ignited deeper hatred and acrimony between the two groups.
So, it was not unexpected that within 24 hours of the bloody violence, reprisal attacks led to the gruesome murder of over 20 people, including a family of eight killed at Berom-dominated Tatu village near Heipang, Barkin Ladi Local Government Area. Some people interviewed at the affected village claimed that the attack was carried out by armed Fulani herdsmen. And at about 2 a.m., on Tuesday 30 August, another attack was carried out at Babale and Kuru villages simultaneously. This time, another family of seven, and four other people, were killed. Bulus Gyang, a Berom whose brother was killed, alleged that the Fulani again carried out the attack. The killings in the state continue, selectively and silently.

The two main religious bodies in the state, Jama’atu Nasril Islam, JNI, and Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, confirmed the silent killings. Reverend Philip Dafes, CAN chairman and Head of Christian Council of Nigeria, Plateau Chapter, told this magazine that Jos has become a place where no Muslim dares go into a Christian-dominated area and would not be killed. In the same manner, Christians dare not encroach on a Muslim-dominated area; such a person will not come out alive.

Spokesman of the Plateau Muslim Ulama Council, Sheikh Balarabe Dawud, in a statement raised an alarm that there were killings in some parts of Jos on a daily basis. He noted that Muslims are killed on some roads leading to the state and within the state. According to him, the roads are death traps and nobody is doing anything about it.

Areas such as Ungwar Rogo, Bauchi Road and other Muslim areas around Jos North have become no-go areas for Christians. While Vom, Barkin Ladi, Kuru and other parts within Jos South are dead zones for Muslims.

The situation continues to get worse, to the extent that last week, the warring Muslims and Christians, deserted their places of worship on Friday and Sunday respectively, out of grave fear of either side attacking the other. What pervades the air is the rumour that either the Berom will launch attack on the Fulani or the Hausa Muslim have invited members of the dreaded Boko Haram to avenge the Monday attack on the Izala Muslim sect.

In the heat of these unwaranted killings and wanton destruction of valuable property, the Chief Security Officer of the state, Governor David Jonah Jang has been out of the country. Information from Abraham Yiljap, Plateau Information Commissioner, has it that Jang travelled overseas for a routine medical check up. Others said he was flown abroad for treatment of an undisclosed terminal disease, without handing over to his deputy. Perhaps, this explains why the security operatives were left with no option than to allow the killings and fighting to continue without any stiff security measures to stop them.

The series of attacks without security intervention between Friday 2 September and Tuesday 6 September have heightened tension in the state, to the extent that most banks and several business premises were forced to close until Wednesday 8 September, when they reopened after relative calm returned to the city.

Having lost confidence in the combined team of soldiers and police, the youth on both sides have taken up the responsibility of securing themselves. They have embarked on a round-the-clock vigil to ensure that either side was not caught unawares by assailants who usually attack anytime from 2 a.m.

But the sad part of this is the ruthless stop-and-search operations carried out on vehicles traveling on Jos-Kaduna Road, Saminaka-Jos Road, Bauchi-Jos Road, and Abuja-Jos Road. Whoever does not belong to an identified group is killed and buried instantly. The situation in Jos as at the time of filing this report could be described as the case of “an eye for an eye” or “a life for a life”. Once a group strikes today, the other swiftly retaliates.

Ironically, every major road and area identified as a flash point in the state has a sizeable number of armed soldiers, military and regular police personnel stationed there. But this has neither stopped violence from erupting nor assailants from carrying out the recurrent attacks in any of the areas. It appears the Special Military Task Force and Police are tired and bereft of constructive ideas on the kind of action or security measures to take to put an end to the killings.

What this magazine discovered as most worrisome is the porous security measures put in place by the state government. Mohammed Ibrahim, an Hausa-Fulani resident of Jos, narrated that as killings continue unabated, the best the soldiers and police could do is to mount road blocks and harass innocent passers-by under the guise of stop and search. A victim of such harassment, Bayo Alabira, the Plateau correspondent of The People’s Daily newspaper, said he was severely beaten by the soldiers. Alabira said he could not understand why the soldiers rough-handled him without any provocation. According to him, he left his house and was heading to the Nigerian Union of Journalists Secretariat along Joseph Gomwalk Road, when he was intercepted and asked to present his identity card, which he forgot at home. At this point, the soldiers did not wait to hear his explanation, when they pounced on him. “Allah rescued me from their hands,” Alabira said.

With the soldiers unleashing terror on innocent citizens, Plateau State has become a place where inhabitants no longer sleep with their two eyes closed. The recurring attacks by the warring Christian Jos natives and Hausa-Fulani Muslims have seriously heightened tension in the state. While none of the groups agrees on who is responsible for the fresh violence and frequent reprisal attacks, tongues continue to wag that there is no hope for reconciliation.

Barrister Mohammed Lawal Ishaq is the Secretary of the Plateau Muslim Ulamas. He refuted the allegation by CAN that the Hausa-Fulani Muslims should be held responsible. Rather, Ishaq said, Christians should be blamed as they usually are the first to attack. “The Christians have pushed the Plateau Muslims to the wall and that is why we have these attacks and reprisal attacks,” Ishaq posited.

In the same vein, the Plateau CAN chairman, Rev Dafes, alleged that if Muslims did not attack, no Christian would wake up and say the next thing to do is to attack Muslims, who have not done anything to them. “Christians are peace loving people and we don’t cause trouble,” Dafes reiterated.

But in the quest to find out what is responsible for the frequent crises in the state, this magazine reliably gathered that there are basically two issues. First, the alleged plans by the Berom to capture Jos North and control the area, which is the economic base of the state. Secondly, the Fulani accuse the Berom, who have the largest population in the state, of killing their cherished cows. The religious coloration was a later development. The initial crises were political and ethnic in nature, but with the external support from religious interest groups outside the state, it has assumed ethno-religious dimensions, making it difficult to resolve. Little wonder, that the likes of Senator Kabir Gaya and Muslim Ulama are clamouring for imposition of a state of emergency on the state. They cited as reason the failure of Governor Jang to stop the killings.

Though crisis started rocking the state in 1991, it was just political until it degenerated into ethnic and religious killings after the November 2008 local government elections. When Jang took over as governor in 2007, there was hope that he would create a better platform for peaceful co-existence, having criticised the former governor, Joshua Dariye for lack of focus and political will to curb or manage the crises that rocked his government. However, Jang’s emergence has not doused the crises; instead, it has worsened the acrimony between the so-called settler Hausa-Fulani, who are mostly domiciled in Jos North and the Berom who predominantly occupy Jos South. Several crises have erupted under Jang’s administration, with little effort to solve them.

Other reasons are lack of provision of social amenities, ethnic-based appointments and alleged imposition of a Berom native as the Council Chairman of Hausa-Fulani-dominated Jos North Local Government Area.

Former FCT Minister, Gen. Jeremiah Useni, was blunt in blaming Jang for giving room to selfish policies that carry only few natives along.

Dr. Bawa Abdullahi Wase, a Fulani and Chairman, Plateau Christian -Muslim Dialogue Forum, observed lack of implementation of recommendations in previous reports released by investigative panels set up and failure to punish those involved as serious reasons why the killings will continue.

But the Plateau Information Commissioner, Abraham Yiljap, disagreed with Jang’s critics. For him, all the security agencies in the state are controlled by the federal government. He therefore submitted that rather than blame Jang, the federal government should be blamed.

Yiljap assured that the crises in Plateau will soon become history because government was working hard at fashioning a sustainable strategy for security and reconciliation through dialogue,. The crises, according to him, were a creation of some people who had an agenda to make the state volatile and unattractive for investors and business.

But some residents told TheNEWS that they heard similar promises in the past, which were not backed with action. For lasting peace to reign, Wase suggested proactive peace initiatives as a way out of the incessant crises between Muslims and Christians in the state. Many others also suggested strong security measures and setting up of a reconciliation panel comprising balanced membership.

However, changing the Muslim Special Task Force commander with a Christian, and with the renewed promise by the Police to maintain law and order, there might be relative peace. But the threats of attack emanating from both camps might as well jeopardise this security and peace initiative.

—Femi Adi/Jos

^^^^ Well thank the fulani for waasting no time in balancing the equation.Also we know they atleast did not feed on any dirty corpse.Just simple hits to hammer the word.An eye for an Eye.

9Share

Re: Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? by jmaine: 8:30pm On Feb 05, 2012
Terrible and awful . . .Just to show their level of hatred

But this berom guyz get mind die . . .wosky fellas . .damn !!
Re: Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? by NorthSharp(m): 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2012
Wily2wily:

Beroms are the most bravest Nigeria, they are ready at any time to kill and eat Hausa/Fulani,

OK2NV:

I will roast them, but rather than eat them, I will feed em to some street dogs.

My post below, which is copied from another NL thread, would suffice as an answer to all rabid haters of Muslim Hausa-Fulanis, like the two of you above:

NorthSharp:

If you happen to belong to a minority ethnic group, the moment the Hausa-Fulanis are split from Nigeria as you wish, your useless minority tribe would be at the mercy of other tribes bigger than yours; your inconsequential tribe would be taken over by other masters whom you would find to be meaner and more brutal in dominating your unlucky a@r8es.

They would over-run, subjugate, ravage and reduce your jungle people to a third class ethnic nonentity. ----

As for us, Allah in His abundant mercy has created us in such a demographically advantageous situation that no matter how much you pigs hate us, our tribe would live till eternity, in-sha-Allah; even if, Allah forbids, you inflict on us the casualties of Holocaust (6m), and those of Rwanda (1m), plus Bosnia (500,000), plus (Sudan 3m), (Biafra 3m), and those of the US nuclear attacks in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, you still could not have eliminated more than just 25% of our population!

And even if you eliminate the whole of the over forty million Hausa-Fulanis in Northern Nigeria, there would still be tens of millions of us in other West African countries!

What about your jungle, primitive, leaves-wearing, idolatry cave tribe? I suppose you only number a few hundred thousands!. LOL. A strong contingent of OPC militants, if given a free hand, can finish you off within days! grin  grin  grin grin  
Re: Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? by calid16: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2012
Wily2wily:

Willy Willy it isnt about braveness. The meat they're eating have been killing Christians in this country for uncountable years.

[size=18pt]That aside, if you chop that thing with Burukutu eh , Chai !! Even Nkwobi no fit compare.[/size]
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? by NorthSharp(m): 2:22am On Feb 06, 2012
calid16:

Willy Willy it isnt about braveness. The meat they're eating have been killing Christians in this country for uncountable years.

I would not blame you if you innocently believe that the killings have been one-sided all those years. Afterall, this is the evil propaganda that you have been spoon-fed for so long by the Christian-dominated Southern press.

But the reality of the situation, as many Northern Christians have been openly confessing on forums like this for long, is that the senseless killings have ALWAYS been committed by the two sides in the vicious cycle of blood-letting, right from Zango-Kafat massacres of Hausa-Fulanis, to Kafanchan killings both in the 80s, up to the latest spate in Jos.

What has changed is that with the increasing power of the digital media (the Internet, cellphone, etc), the blatantly biased Christian-dominated Southern press (The Punch, Vanguard, Guardian, This Day, etc) no longer hold the absolute monopolistic control over what information the world should know about such killings.

The notoriously biased Southern media would only let the world know the graphic, gory details of any such killings when the victims are Christians; but whenever Christians are the perpetrators and Muslims are the victims, they hardly report it, and even when they do, they would shamelessly twist, manipulate, under-report and misrepresent it to suit their evil sectarian, regional anti-Hausa-Fulani agendas.

But in this our era of modern digital media, atrocities of this nature can be easily recorded by a 'citizen reporter', and the graphic images freely brought to the attention of millions of people around the world instantly; thus the irresponsible, openly anti-Hausa-Fulani editors of those biased Southern media are increasingly being by-passed and reduced to mere spectators, in the way the world gets to know about this kind of barbarity.
Re: Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? by Ngwakwe: 4:34am On Feb 06, 2012
As I understand
Any Christian that kills already know he is condemned to hell if he dies in the process according to Jesus Christ, no matter what led him to kill.

While an Islamist who kills in the name of Allah gets huge heavenly reward and is also declared as a Martyr in certain occassions according to Mohammed (PBUH)
Re: Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? by Wily2wily: 9:40am On Feb 06, 2012
Moslems/Fulani-Hausa always brag saying they don't fear death, they love death , we ready to die at any minute bla bla bla. Tell me, Why are they complaining the way Middle Belters/Berom roasted their flesh and ate it.
Why i like Berom people is their toughness , any Hausa/Fulani they capture is gone forever.
I will only advice Hausa/Fulanis living in Middle Belt to pack their belonging and head toward Chad/Niger because Berom Warriors are Coming.
Re: Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? by MeAboki(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
^^^^You are very stupid for above comments, though I am not surprised since you Southerners, like your Berom cousins are re-known for CANNIBALISM; more so seeing that it is also (symbolically) entrenched and central to the teachings of your bible.

In the New Testament, cannibalism is an integral part of Christian ritual. At the Last Supper, Jesus gave his disciples bread to eat and told them it was his body. And he said the wine they were to drink was his blood. On another occasion, he explained: "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood possesses eternal life. . . . Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood dwells continually in me and I dwell in him."

Of course, your Old Testament is more explicit and direct about that, bloody cannibals angry angry
Re: Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? by tunnytox(m): 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2012
Me_Aboki:

^^^^You are very silly for above comments, though I am not surprised since you Southerners, like your Berom cousins are re-known for CANNIBALISM; more so seeing that it is also (symbolically) entrenched and central to the teachings of your bible.

In the New Testament, cannibalism is an integral part of Christian ritual. At the Last Supper, Jesus gave his disciples bread to eat and told them it was his body. And he said the wine they were to drink was his blood. On another occasion, he explained: "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood possesses eternal life. . . . Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood dwells continually in me and I dwell in him."

Of course, your Old Testament is more explicit and direct about that, bloody cannibals angry angry

Ignorance at its highest level shocked shocked rather than allowing our emotions to take control why can't we be united for once to condemn this barbaric act? attacking a whole ethnic group/religion is nothing but bigotory! and whether you're a Xtian or muslim if you continue with this attitude there's no way God can be happy with you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Slawomirr Scammed Me / Girl Caught Stealing Receives Mob Justice From Hellfire / 2 Hookup Girls Mudered In Ebonyi, Eyes And Breast Plucked Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.