Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

My External Hdd Is Not Working With My System But Works With Other Computers. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My External Hdd Is Not Working With My System But Works With Other Computers. (695 Views)

My Mtn Modem Does Not Work On My Pc But Works On Others, What Should I Do? / Short Cut Virus On My External Hard Drive / How Do I Remove $RECYCLE.BIN Virus From My Laptop And External HDD? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My External Hdd Is Not Working With My System But Works With Other Computers. by tunscolo(m): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2007
I am using a pentium 3, Compaq presario 700 and Windows Unlimited operating system.
The USB ports are working perfectly.
I tried to connect an external usb Hard Disk Drive but it did not work
I used another computer and it worked.
Is it due to the motherboard or operating system
Please reply me if you have been in this type of situation before.

Olatunde
Re: My External Hdd Is Not Working With My System But Works With Other Computers. by Seun(m): 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2007
Hmmm. How do you know the USB port is working? ??
Re: My External Hdd Is Not Working With My System But Works With Other Computers. by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2007
You may need to update your drivers for your P3 Pc Or you get a High Speed Connection cable for the USB or vice versa. I had the same issue with my external HD case but fortunately the cable had two connection ports, one for high speed USB and the other for non. So if the non does not work I switch to the High Speed and it works.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help Concerning My P.c / Fun New 9ja Blog On Relationships / Laptop For 35k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.