Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (811359 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by philoe: 12:43am On Oct 05, 2013
futurewise11: any idea of line to use in germany for my bbm,its being useless since i arrived

Vodafon is ok. Go to a vodafon shop and speak to an adviser and they will sort you out. You €10/month for bbm, but you pay higher for the 1st month as you will get the SIM card. The lowest top-up voucher for vodafone is €15 though.

Don't forget to get a lycamobile SIM. They come handy when you need to call africa.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by awistle(m): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2013
Taxi for here na die, gats learn all this bus routes asap before this white ppl finish my money
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
awistle: Taxi for here na die, gats learn all this bus routes asap before this white ppl finish my money

big boy like you want to enter bus? Abeg no learn bus route for wetin na! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by awistle(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
Dis Guy:

big boy like you want to enter bus? Abeg no learn bus route for wetin na! grin grin
lol
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DonOms(m): 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
awistle: Taxi for here na die, gats learn all this bus routes asap before this white ppl finish my money
Na JJC fees you dey pay so...It's normal. Just learn the bus routes on time as it saves you money. Me no get much problem as I walk to school and the nearby stores o...The school (Newcastle University) is at the city centre and my accommodation isn't far at all.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2013
Wow its so cool seeing/hearing/reading from my fellow 9ja in Europe, the German dude how's Germany like? My elder bro want to move there
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:23am On Oct 08, 2013
And also do u guys watch league matches? Its gonna be awesome to be see those player for real, I'm begining to regret not choosing Europe
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 08, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:
And also do u guys watch league matches? Its gonna be awesome to be see those player for real, I'm begining to regret not choosing Europe

Where are you ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LilBRightTMc(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
adaobi123:

Where are you ?
not in Europe bro, currently in 9ja but will be moving to Australia in like 2months, I came here to ask about Germany coz my bro wanna move from Bulgeria to Germany
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:
not in Europe bro, currently in 9ja but will be moving to Australia in like 2months, I came here to ask about Germany coz my bro wanna move from Bulgeria to Germany

Ahhh Australia is cool (only if you abide to their rules). What do you plan to do/study in Australia ? There should be a Germany thread within travel the section...... have a look.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LilBRightTMc(m): 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
adaobi123:

Ahhh Australia is cool (only if you abide to their rules). What do you plan to do/study in Australia ? There should be a Germany thread within travel the section...... have a look.
Got admission on uni of new south wales (UNSW) and will be starting at foundation before year 1, when u said if I abide by their rules what do u mean, are their rules difficult or something?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by awistle(m): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
where them Manchester ppl at, here its getting boring small.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by futurewise11(m): 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
We dey germany ooh.tell him to learn the language before coming.accomodation here depend on the part of country ur school is.as am currently paying 300 euro per month.jobs hmmmmm,he dey sha if u sabi the language.
Lil B®ight™©:
Wow its so cool seeing/hearing/reading from my fellow 9ja in Europe, the German dude how's Germany like? My elder bro want to move there
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LilBRightTMc(m): 2:13am On Oct 10, 2013
futurewise11: We dey germany ooh.tell him to learn the language before coming.accomodation here depend on the part of country ur school is.as am currently paying 300 euro per month.jobs hmmmmm,he dey sha if u sabi the language.
Thanks a lot bro, will tell him, he'll coming for football signing stuffs, really don't know how to explain it
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by adamsjosef(m): 7:29am On Oct 10, 2013
justwise:

£100 a week for how many people? What type of food will you be spending £100 a week buying? Do you shop at Harrods?
Help me ask am o....lol. £30 a week is very modest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 10, 2013
Looool @ shopping at harrods grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by awistle(m): 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
But seriously £100 a week cos of food, dats just too much, any how sha food u dont eat in naija u want to eat it here.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 9:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
awistle: But seriously £100 a week cos of food, dats just too much, any how sha food u dont eat in naija u want to eat it here.

Any single student who spent that much a week in food need to be restrained physically.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Olaone1: 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
adamsjosef:
Help me ask am o....lol. £30 a week is very modest.
You cook bucket-load of rice and keep in your freezer all week innit?
Interspersed with 1.99 chicken and chips, abi?

Try visiting a naija restaurant twice a week or cook another stew apart from your usual, tasteless 1-pound chicken. Also, don't go to your college with a recycled bottle of water in your bag every day.
Then, do the maths.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Olaone1: 11:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
justwise:

Any single student who spent that much a week in food need to be restrained physically.
Any attempt to do your nuts in now, you would quickly press the "ban button."
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fckyourman: 11:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
Honestly i made a mistake by applying to uk university, They want to milk me dry. everything so costly here,

How do you guys survive ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by FutureDon(m): 11:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ola one:
You cook bucket-load of rice and keep in your freezer all week innit?
Interspersed with 1.99 chicken and chips, abi?

Hahahahaha, you funny well well grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
fckyourman: Honestly i made a mistake by applying to uk university, They want to milk me dry. everything so costly here,

How do you guys survive?

We don't grin grin

Hustle tings
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fckyourman: 12:10am On Oct 11, 2013
adaobi123:

We don't grin grin

Hustle tings

Come on ada, you're still a daddy girl.

we men hustle.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 11, 2013
fckyourman:

we men hustle.

I'm not o ! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fckyourman: 12:17am On Oct 11, 2013
adaobi123:

I'm not o ! embarassed

from what i observe here is. british nigerians kids enjoy life oo, you see them fresh.

You still awake around this time hmm.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 11, 2013
fckyourman:

from what i observe here is. british nigerians kids enjoy life oo, you see them fresh.

You still awake around this time hmm.

Because we hustle. We got jobs tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 10:07am On Oct 11, 2013
adaobi123: Looool @ shopping at harrods grin grin
Indeed... Harrods dey sell food stuffs nw
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 10:11am On Oct 11, 2013
awistle: But seriously £100 a week cos of food, dats just too much, any how sha food u dont eat in naija u want to eat it here.
Mehn!!! Dats way too expensive. Must they eat everything in the UK or is dat they may b obsessed with FOOD.?? I reckon people should learn how to @ least boil some foodstuffs or even noodles, rice and stew b4 embarking on the UK adventure, as dis is bound to save u some xtra quids on a long run... No b for UK adventures alone sha sha
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 10:14am On Oct 11, 2013
justwise:

Seconded... grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 10:15am On Oct 11, 2013
Ola one:
Any attempt to do your nuts in now, you would quickly press the "ban button."

You will definitely get banned if you start your usual attitude of insulting people when they disagreed with you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2013
fckyourman:

we men hustle.

Boss man, Adaobi jux said it all... Economics is d key, try and keep ur expenses lower than ur income..

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.