Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,369 members, 7,853,652 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (816282 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lexusgs430: 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2013
spikes C: Abegiiii, how is there Heineken grin grin grin

Do i need to gather 20 crates of Heineken with me while coming there cheesy cheesy cheesy

Only 20 crates? Make it 1 pallet. Remember you are only entitled to 64 kilograms (airline dependent) (charges applies thereafter)
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lexusgs430:

Only 20 crates? Make it 1 pallet. Remember you are only entitled to 64 kilograms (airline dependent) (charges applies thereafter)

abi, then the best thing is to wire an underground plumbing from NBL to London. I no want drink dog urine when i get there ooooo grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
A.L.C.O.H.O.L.I.C.S angry
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
adaobi123: A.L.C.O.H.O.L.I.C.S angry
tongue
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
adaobi123: Alcoholics undecided undecided

Alcoholics ke?!
Which one be that embarassed embarassed?
Sipping bottles every now and then doesn't make one an alcoholic tongue tongue
Nah,binging on alcohol does angry angry
Not to worry, your coming of age party should happen sometime soon shocked shocked
You'll soon legally get to know how it tastes wink wink
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 11:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
Even though I walk through the thread of brothers of the bottle...., I shall not be tempted... For my budget is with me; to warn and to guide me......
Oh my Heinken cry cry cry
It is well!!! sad sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 12:04am On Oct 24, 2013
triple filtered Heineken^^^The Green goddess^^^^ The refined taste of smooooth beer! though shall not be tempted!

Adaobi should show her I.D card before reading this page grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 24, 2013
angry

Isn't the drinking law thing not 16 ? tongue

ochukoccna:

Alcoholics ke?!
Which one be that embarassed embarassed?
Sipping bottles every now and then doesn't make one an alcoholic tongue tongue
Nah,binging on alcohol does angry angry
Not to worry, your coming of age party should happen sometime soon shocked shocked
You'll soon legally get to know how it tastes wink wink

How old do you think I am ? angry
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by peteafrik88(m): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2013
All this Adaobi age ish is making me sick, Someone who is ready for university.... Make una free this bubs nw
Here is not 9ja where one can get into university @ 15 sef...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 24, 2013
^^you tell'em !! grin cheesy

But they are joking sha....
[size=1pt]I hope[/size] lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kellyemms: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2013
Hello my fellow nairalanders! I will b heading to sunderland university for msc in january nxt yr. plz who is in d skul or heading dere too
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
adaobi123: angry

Isn't the drinking law thing not 16 ? tongue

How old do you think I am ? angry
Women!
When they are younger, they want to grow up quick undecided undecided
When they are older, they attempt to freeze the ticking hands of time shocked shocked
A wise man once told me, you can never understand a woman
You can only try and love her cool cool
No wonder!

To more serious things, I saw a item scrolling on TVC earlier today that Nigerian banks are facing a liquidity squeeze
Hope no one is affected? embarassed embarassed
Hope its not serious
Cos I know many use their Naija bank issued ATMs here
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by aliACCA: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
HELLO nairalanders(if that's appropriate), my name is ali brimah mohammed from Ghana , a finally year student in University of Ghana studying poilitical science,though i am a Yoruba(omo yoba grin). Actually, i ve been a silent observer and admirer of this page for some months now if not mistaking a year. I have really enjoyed some of the fruitful discussions and tips on this website particularly this page and few others. the likes of Justwise(though i mistakenly took for an English word wrote in my vocab book wink cheesy smiley ) and few others including those reading my post. wink
Let me go straight to the point from here, i intend to study ACCA+MBA in 2015 God willing after my national service. I need an advice on this and a list of high profile schools that offer this combination in UK or Canada. Preferably, i have London school of business and Finance(LSBF) in mind. I was in London during december and visited the school in Holborn.

Please need an advice no matter how irrelevant it may sound shocked kiss cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 25, 2013
aliACCA: HELLO nairalanders(if that's appropriate), my name is ali brimah mohammed from Ghana , a finally year student in University of Ghana studying poilitical science,though i am a Yoruba(omo yoba grin). Actually, i ve been a silent observer and admirer of this page for some months now if not mistaking a year. I have really enjoyed some of the fruitful discussions and tips on this website particularly this page and few others. the likes of Justwise(though i mistakenly took for an English word wrote in my vocab book wink cheesy smiley ) and few others including those reading my post. wink
Let me go straight to the point from here, i intend to study ACCA+MBA in 2015 God willing after my national service. I need an advice on this and a list of high profile schools that offer this combination in UK or Canada. Preferably, i have London school of business and Finance(LSBF) in mind. I was in London during december and visited the school in Holborn.

I don't know much about your course but I watched this documentary on LSBF on tv here in the Uk recently and it didn't look good - courses being cancelled, school refunds taking months to clearand all sorts of shenanigans

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 2:43am On Oct 25, 2013
Hello y'all
Please what is the best bank to open an account with as an international student?
I'm thinking HSBC or Barclay's as their product's offerings are the same on paper
From my online research, it seems foreign students are only allowed to open basic accounts
Please advice
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fckyourman: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2013
ochukoccna: Hello y'all
Please what is the best bank to open an account with as an international student?
I'm thinking HSBC or Barclay's as their product's offerings are the same on paper
From my online research, it seems foreign students are only allowed to open basic accounts
Please advice
Thank you

Barclays is the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 10:39am On Oct 25, 2013
aliACCA: HELLO nairalanders(if that's appropriate), my name is ali brimah mohammed from Ghana , a finally year student in University of Ghana studying poilitical science,though i am a Yoruba(omo yoba grin). Actually, i ve been a silent observer and admirer of this page for some months now if not mistaking a year. I have really enjoyed some of the fruitful discussions and tips on this website particularly this page and few others. the likes of Justwise(though i mistakenly took for an English word wrote in my vocab book wink cheesy smiley ) and few others including those reading my post. wink

Google MBA's plus ACCA degree... i think Oxford Brookes offers something similar to what LSBF is offering...
Personally i wouldn't recommend LSBF to anyone.....It should be your very last option!!

fckyourman:

Barclays is the best.

Really? Can you please tell us why it's better?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by aliACCA: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
what is your reason for that if i may ask please?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by aliACCA: 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
[quote author=735 i]

Google MBA's plus ACCA degree... i think Oxford Brookes offers something similar to what LSBF is offering...
Personally i wouldn't recommend LSBF to anyone.....It should be your very last option!!. [/quote ]

Please may i know your reasons for not recommending it
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 735i(m): 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
[quote author=aliACCA][/quote]

A friend studies there presently; she has nothing good to say about the school... plus you could Google; LSBF ranking sepreately, then Google; LSBF affiliates ranking...
You'll definitely understand without me being too obvious here
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
You're better of going to a NORMAL university.

What is London School of business and finance again ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
fckyourman:

Barclays is the best.

735 i:
Really? Can you please tell us why it's better?
I concur with 735i

adaobi123: You're better of going to a NORMAL university.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by lepasharon(f): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
adaobi123: You're better of going to a NORMAL university.

grin grin..alie
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
That's the password. I will never miss out.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
FutureDon: I agree with Dis Guy, the imported Guiness will always make you feel like say you dey Naija grin You fit arrange Alomo join sef
grin
FutureDon: I agree with Dis Guy, the imported Guiness will always make you feel like say you dey Naija grin You fit arrange Alomo join sef
Nija no go carry last.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
ochukoccna: Hello y'all
Please advice
Thank you
Nna, na wa O!
No pesin to contribute since this post
Abeg na, help cool cool

BTW, was at HSBC and learnt they no longer do biz [open accounts] with Nigerian students due to 'issues' in the past with such accounts and account holders
Hmmnn! undecided undecided
Our Nigerian student ancestors una no do well O! sad sad
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
You could try natwest
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
They are all the same to be honest

perhaps you might want to search for one with free railcard to get discount off rail cards
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hello guyz ,plz how do i watch English premiership matches online, any useful link and info. since i came over here(UK) i have missed all the exciting matches.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Chars1289: 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
masperano: Hello guyz ,plz how do i watch English premiership matches online, any useful link and info. since i came over here(UK) i have missed all the exciting matches.
http:// www.firstrowus1.eu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ochukoccna: 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
adaobi123: You could try natwest
Would ask if they are not like HSBC as regards international students and put them on my short-list
Thanks

Dis Guy: They are all the same to be honest
perhaps you might want to search for one with free railcard to get discount off rail cards
Do you know any? undecided undecided
Leaning towards Barclay's or Llyods for now
Why I was asking this best bank question is I know someone who banked with them about4 years back
Told me they levied him all kind of charges then
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fckyourman: 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
ochukoccna:
Would ask if they are not like HSBC as regards international students and put them on my short-list
Thanks

Do you know any? undecided undecided
Leaning towards Barclay's or Llyods for now
Why I was asking this best bank question is I know someone who banked with them about4 years back
Told me they levied him all kind of charges then

I told your barclay is the best option for nigerian student now.

http://www.barclays.co.uk/Otheraccounts/Studentaccounts/InternationalStudentsAccount/P1242620130417

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (213) (Reply)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.