Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin (262854 Views)

Plz Who Knows About "Perfect White Body Lotion"? / How Good Is Easy White Body Lotion / Your Best Body Cream Or Lotion And Daily Use Product ( Light Or Dark Completion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Dextra(f): 7:12am On Feb 07, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders, I come before you this day with hope that you will provide solution to my problem. I find it very difficult getting a good body lotion that will be perfect for my skin type. I don't know much about my skin type though, but I know my skin easily gets dry, I sweat easily, I hardly get rashes or acne.

I used to be lighter than I am now but due to constant Abuja sunshine and stress my skin looks dark and dull. I don't have any specific body lotion, I've used several of them ranging from Jergens, Nivea, Swiss Collagen, Dove, etc but non of these lotions seem perfect for me.

Few years back, my skin was so fine when I was using Venus Skin toning cream and it was so perfect, all of a sudden I couldn't find it in the market. I really need your help.

I need a lotion that will give and maintain moisture in my skin, that won't make me sweat and won't bleach my skin (Cos I love my skin color), just even skin toning.

please you can recommend any good lotion you know irrespective of the price, I can afford it. I really need your help. I need a good lotion I can stick to.

Thank you. God bless

2 Likes

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Chizee01: 10:12am On Feb 07, 2012
hey am in abuja too and light in complexion have you tried clear essence i have been using it for years now.
or u can try skin success. cheesy cheesy shocked

1 Like

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by uzoo: 10:54am On Feb 07, 2012
@poster
you need to have a skin regime,with the fake and sub-standard stuffs on the shelves your skin needs something better.

start using a shower gel
or shower cream.
i use DOVE range(pictures below)
they have good moisturizers in them.
i just started using this New Dove Moisturizing lotion With Shea butter
its called Indulgent Moisturizer with shea buttter(slim white plastic bottle).

also try to get a body brush and scrub your body with St.ives apricot scrub ,concentrating on dry areas(like elbow,knees).twice a week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by uzoo: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2012
dove shower gel/cream

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by uzoo: 11:09am On Feb 07, 2012
another Dove range

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by uzoo: 11:26am On Feb 07, 2012
for your skin tone,you should get
a sun block (50+) or a higher SPF,that is not greasy.
you can look for Neutrogena dry touch. its non greasy.
or for lower affordable one try Nivea sunn block ,it doubles as a moisturizer too for day time.
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by iice(f): 6:05pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hydrate too. Lots of water.

When i lived in Jos, i mixed my lotion with pomade but if you can't handle pomade then glycerin.
I'm kinda like you. No specific lotion, i just mix everything together grin
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by lepasharon(f): 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
Use SHEA BUTTER nd COCOA BUTTER cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by InkedNerd(f): 9:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
I don't use lotions much. If I do, it is usually on my feet but I don't use it often in my feet. I usually stick with oils and my homemade body and hair butters. Just the idea of putting lotion on my body feels nasty to me tongue

1 Like

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by YELAMAK: 9:06pm On Feb 10, 2012
use little pko to miz ur cream
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Dextra(f): 8:32am On Feb 12, 2012
I really thank you all for the precious time you squeezed out of your tight schedules to reply my mail. Thank you. I saw a previous thread on cosmetics and i got a lot of useful information there!! 2 days ago I went shopping, here are what i got: Jergens smoothing lotion, Bio-oil, Neutrogena sunblock 45. So far, i'ld started using them day and night. They feel so good on my skin and it has actually started to radiate (I have a very beautiful, unblemished skin naturally) but the only issue is that THEY ARE MAKING ME SWEAT A LOT!!! So, I;ve resolved to only use at night. this morning i used Nivea even skin + bio oil. I didn't sweat! You ladies are the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by lampardtroy: 1:00pm On Feb 16, 2012
Lemon, orange, and tomato juices are naturally astringent and useful for cleansing oily skin and you can try Shea butter to moisturize your skin. It will give you very effective results.

1 Like

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by srivastava(m): 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2012
light in complexion have you tried clear essence i have been using it for years now.
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Divine3: 2:14am On Feb 20, 2012
Im experience this too, wen i was in Naija i had a glowing light skin but since i came to the state my skin colour has turn into sumtin else, so dark. i've tried so many cream but can't place my hands on the right one. Please im looking for a good lightening cream that will brighten my skin, Please u guy should suggest a lightening body and facial cream, pleaseeeeee. i ve tried clear ensence and so many others but they don't seems to work instead the reverse is the case. i don't stay in the sun that much morover it winter so i don't know wat is wrong, please u suggestion is needed. tanks
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by srivastava(m): 10:42am On Feb 20, 2012
I think Nivea is the best,

2 Likes

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Andre8100: 11:45am On Feb 22, 2012
I don't like to use lotion, i mostly used lemon, orange, and tomato juices are naturally astringent and useful for cleansing oily skin.And result is better than lotion.
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by pufectskin: 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
Cocoa butter
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by jtkoko9(f): 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2012
Has anyone use vovi lightening lotion?
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by saramartin: 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2012
Nivea is a very popular brand of body lotions out there and that is why I have included it on my list of top ten. This is intended for those out there (both male and female) that have severely dry skin as it will help to gently rejuvenate it.
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by pjobaby(f): 9:37am On May 28, 2012
Please like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/Hariss.Enterprises

1 Like

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Pearl007(f): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2012
For that beautiful flawless skin tone purchase nikkisavy skin care products.www.nikkisavy-essentials.com
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by kcjoan2: 4:25pm On Feb 12, 2013
thanks 2 all who have contributed to the cream stuff solution, i ve similar problem but am a bit releived wit d advice i got so far but i want 2 ask if d bio oil wil be missed into the lotion or applied after applying the lotion and also how do one use the sun block? pls i need answer. tanks
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by JuicyGee(f): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
Try Vaseline intensive care, it has vitamin E, it repairs and hydrates extra dry skin. They come in diffrent brands, for fair ppl, for dark ppl. Its a very good moisturizer. Thats what i use

2 Shares

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by joyceada: 9:58pm On Feb 13, 2013
U can stil use QEI+ PARIS IS GUD VERY GUD ON SKIN BT XPENSIVE IT #4500 cool

1 Like

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by cigaricon(m): 12:08am On Feb 15, 2013
Dextra: I really thank you all for the precious time you squeezed out of your tight schedules to reply my mail. Thank you. I saw a previous thread on cosmetics and i got a lot of useful information there!! 2 days ago I went shopping, here are what i got: Jergens smoothing lotion, Bio-oil, Neutrogena sunblock 45. So far, i'ld started using them day and night. They feel so good on my skin and it has actually started to radiate (I have a very beautiful, unblemished skin naturally) but the only issue is that THEY ARE MAKING ME SWEAT A LOT!!! So, I;ve resolved to only use at night. this morning i used Nivea even skin + bio oil. I didn't sweat! You ladies are the best!
I use LEMON FRESH, been using it for about three years now cos its a very nice body lotion with a nice scent too. It doesn't make one sweat, infact during those days when I use PEARS chai, I only apply lotion in harmattan season but using lemon fresh now, I apply it when the sun's hotness is at its highest and it still don't make me sweat.

It also protects the skin from harmful effects of the sun. I'm fair in complexion and still maintaining the colour with Lemon fresh despite the hot sun here in the north. You can hear my aboki folks calling me 'yellow' whenever I walk down the street.

And lastly, its not expensive at all, just N700 wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by victorian(f): 12:40am On Feb 17, 2013
At pple looking for toning creams? It's not every fair person, some specific toning creams works for and have desired results . Like the Vaseline lotion , av used it before but it makes my face and body very oily.. Lemon fresh makes my skin sweat for no reason . Until I bumped into a carotene cream and viola! I had a perfect smooth cream.. All am saying is,ask a professional in skin toning , to check your skin type and the type of cream to use.
Self medications can ruin that lovely skin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Tinabab: 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
hello.....pls do anybody av d idea of how 2 treat a burnt face to make it smooth and clean
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Tinabab: 2:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
[quote
author=victorian]At pple looking for toning creams? It's not every fair
person, some specific toning creams works for and have desired results .
Like the Vaseline lotion , av used it before but it makes my face and
body very oily.. Lemon fresh makes my skin sweat for no reason .
Until I bumped into a carotene cream and viola! I had a perfect smooth
cream.. All am saying is,ask a professional in skin toning , to check
your skin type and the type of cream to use.
Self medications can ruin that lovely skin.[/quote]
how do we get a proffesional to recommend a gud cream 4 us
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by green24: 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
Tinabab: hello.....pls do anybody av d idea of how 2 treat a burnt face to make it smooth and clean
u can try 42hj with vit C serum
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by green24: 3:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
Dextra: Fellow Nairalanders, I come before you this day with hope that you will provide solution to my problem. I find it very difficult getting a good body lotion that will be perfect for my skin type. I don't know much about my skin type though, but I know my skin easily gets dry, I sweat easily, I hardly get rashes or acne. I used to be lighter than I am now but due to constant Abuja sunshine and stress my skin looks dark and dull. I don't have any specific body lotion, I've used several of them ranging from Jergens, Nivea, Swiss Collagen, Dove, etc but non of these lotions seem perfect for me. Few years back, my skin was so fine when I was using Venus Skin toning cream and it was so perfect, all of a sudden I couldn't find it in the market. I really need your help. I need a lotion that will give and maintain moisture in my skin, that won't make me sweat and won't bleach my skin (Cos I love my skin color), just even skin toning. please you can recommend any good lotion you know irrespective of the price, I can afford it. I really need your help. I need a good lotion I can stick to. Thank you. God bless
u can try queen helen egg yolk, am sure u will like it
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
You girls are fortunate. My skin is sensitive to all the creams you've mentioned. Research has taught me that I need hypo-allergenic products but all the options given are not available in Nigeria. For now,I apply venus toning cream with a little epiderm cream to prevent rashes.na wa oo!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls Which Body Cream Is Best for Skin Lightening And Glowing? / Which Body Cream Restores Natural Skin Complexion,eliminates Dark Spots / 12 Realistic Female Body Types

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.