Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" (2116 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / The Christ Embassy Policy That's Tearing Families Apart / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Chuksxp: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
W
Sweetnecta:

@Chucksxp: « #29 on: Today at 02:42:15 PM »Please remember the simile when you answer the below.

So explain to me if the simile is not in play when the word is said to have become God and the word is God. Are there not more than 1 God in this case, if the word is truly God, rather than spoken by God?
Finally, if the SPIRIT of God descended like a dove, what is the spirit of God really, if it not simply a simile like word of God being a double edged sword, or hammer, or fire, etc or became flesh? Is there anytime the "word of God became flesh and word of God is double edged sword or hammer or fire or others in the etc happen to be present at the same time? If there was, what happened to the word of God really, if the word of God is actually God? Will you not have more than 1 God and even more than 1 word of God?

What is a simile? A simile is only present where there is LIKE or AS. In John 1:1, it doesn't say the Word has become LIKE God. It says the Word is God.

And if you read Jeremiah 23:29 where it talks about fire and hammer, it says “Is not my word LIKE fire,” declares the LORD, “and LIKE a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?"

It doesn't say the word is God is a hammer or fire. It says it is like. That's like me saying a banana is like a plantain.

We can see the LIKE there. As for the double edged sword, sorry for my earlier post. I just read Hebrews 4:12 again. It doesn't say God's word is a double edged sword. Rather it says God's word is sharper than a double edged sword.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by numo86(m): 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2012
Chuksxp:

The bible says ", he saw the Spirit of God descending LIKE a dove." It doesn't say the Holy Spirit is a dove. It says He descended LIKE a dove. That's called simile.

Just because the Holy Spirit may have taken the form of a dove doesn't mean He's a dove. For example, there're several places we see the word of God being referred to as a double edged sword, hammer, fire, etc It doesn't mean the word is actually a physical hammer or sword, etc.

Its surprising that u are using d bible an in-animate object to support ur simile point, i was expecting u to give examples of Jesus appearing in d form other than being a person, remember we are dealing with persons here, my point is the holy spirit has never beind a uni-personal figure thats why it appears in different forms, like a dove today,like fire d next day, sometimes like a stiff breeze, d bible bein described as a sword is figurative
There has never been a day when we saw our bibles change into literal swords becos it was figuratively likened to it
,but in d case of d holy spirit it came as a dove literally, John beheld it,
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by paris10: 11:22pm On Feb 10, 2012
Can someone pls explain this to me like (simile grin) I'm a six years old. I attended Bible school and during one of the classes I asked my tutor (a Pastor) a straight and direct question- Is Jesus God? She looked at me and thought for a second (knowing I understand the Bible), she said depending on how you view it and couldn't comment further. I knew right there that she was confused just like millions of Christians out there.

My Pastor was preaching one day and mentioned Jesus in his illustration, then he quickly apologized and said God. Then I thought to myself if Jesus was God he could have just carried on preaching instead of apologizing since he was talking about the same person.

How often people quickly would quote John 1:1 as the evidence that support Jesus's argument as God. Remember people, John was speaking in that verse of scripture and not Jesus. John was never immune to exaggerations and was overwhelmed by the awesomeness of Jesus. During those time, anybody could have called Jesus God if he were to perform the miracles he did performed.

Analogy,  God is like a mobile phone, Jesus is like the simcard and the holly spirit is like the airtime. God is that beautiful structured phone which has a place for a  simcard to fit into. Now, as the people of God we need airtime to get to God, but first we must have a simcard (Jesus)before getting our message across to God.

God is complete but chose Jesus to be His son. He announced that when Jesus was getting baptised by John. God spoke, John heard it and Jesus heard it too. It is impossible for God to speak from heaven and still be present in the form of Jesus. God is everywhere, but Jesus could only managed to be at one place at a time.

So lets stop the confusion and give glory to God.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Boomark(m): 9:46am On Feb 11, 2012
I hope this will go a long way to show us who we should take as our God.

Christ is called God in the bible cos he is a supreme being. The second in command after the Father. But whenever it comes to comparism, The Father is the God of our lord Jesus Christ.

Jn 20:17. Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for i have not yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, 'i am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God".

Col 1:3. We give thanks to the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you. Ehp 1:3, Rev 1:6 also.

Now this one will also help if cool down to read it without sentiments. Stop protecting the interest of any church or pastor. Obey God rather than men.

1Cor 15:27&28. For "He has put all things under feet. But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted.
28. Now when all things are made subjected to him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

1Tim 2:5. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
Jesus Christ is now our High priest to God Almighty. And we all go to God through him and no longer through the levites, cos he is the way, the truth and life, no one goes to the father except through him. The Father is the God we all serve through Christ. Jesus gave us a guidline on how to pray to God using the lords prayer, our Father, who art in heaven, etc. And you conclude your prayer in the name of our lord Jesus Christ, who is the only way to God.
Jesus also prayed to God his God. They are not the same person. Matt 26:39. , "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me, nevertheless, not as i will, but as You will."

TRINITY never existed and will not. God wants us all to serve him alone through Christ. The Holy spirit is the power of God and works to achieve the will of God.

Trinity contrdicts all the bible truth(quote) above. The bible cannot contradict itself unless you dont understand what you read. This should be the basis of our belief, then you will understand the confusion trinity has brougth into your life.

Also know that the head of man is Christ and the head of Christ is God.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Judek2(m): 9:50am On Feb 11, 2012
numo86:

@judek, from ur analogy,becos i know the bible i hold will never think this way(lol),you are saying that a dove is equal to the God i worship[/b]i thought d holy spirit was a real person, abi
[b]Why is it appearing as a dove then later sometime as fire
, d only time d holy spirit had to appear bodily it came as a dove,
Are those qualities of a real person, ur explanation to what happened to Jesus on d day of his baptism just doesnt click with d bible, Jesus himself wuldnt give that explanation, that passage does not support trinity 1 bit, rather it counters the trinity dogma clearly,

Stop commenting like someone being pursued. grin
how did my analogy say opposite of anything? Maybe you can explain better cos your view on the above makes no sense. .Its just proves that you must comment. undecided

The Bible uses Serpent for Satan, does it mean that Satan is Serpent?
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by newmi(m): 11:09am On Feb 11, 2012
Did the Holy Spirit actually come down on Jesus during the baptism in the form of a dove or perhaps that was merely a description of His decent?
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Judek2(m): 11:29am On Feb 11, 2012
The scripture is clear and sound to the Believers. It resides in the hearts of them that are guided by the Holy Spirit.

Jesus was with God from the begining, he has the same nature with God.
John 1:1, says that the was with God in the begining,and the Word was God.

During the creation in genesis 1:26, God said,"let US make man in our own image." it signifies plural. Through him, all things was made.

The word was made flesh., he became Man by acceptance.

phil. 2:7 Although he was in the form of God and equal with God, he did not take advantage of this equality. 
7)Instead, he emptied himself by taking on the form of a servant, by becoming like other humans, by having a human appearance.

he was a man in the world,guided by God,led the Holy spirit. He showed us the humble nature of God.
He prays to God the father,and asks favour like a servant to his master.
He also spoke with authority showing the presence of the spirit in him.

Hebrews 2:17 For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

We should be careful how we present the things of God to the unbelivers because,
2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

And finally, we must take note of this:
“Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls
before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you.

My conlution, Yahweh, Jehovah, Eloihim are all names attributing to God by different languages. God has no specific name, thats why there are many gods. The god of one religion is not the god of another religion,though they may claim the same name."GOD"

My God is Jesus Christ. In him,is the manifestation of the invisible God, the father.
He has indeed shown us the path of reaching the invisible God through him,and only him, so he is God,and God is him.
I and my Father are one

If you worship Jesus,you worship the Father also. If you reject Jesus,you have rejected the father also.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by numo86(m): 11:50am On Feb 11, 2012
@judek2, yeah satan appeared as a serpent & also still appeared as an angel(a spirit person) many times as we know, but there has never been a time d holy spirit ever appeared as a person just as d bible will let us know that Yahweh,his son (Jesus) & d angels are spirit persons,
D holy spirit is just never in any uni-personal form, its always appearin in different forms other than a person, even when servants of God looked into heavens several times they only just see Yahweh sitting on his glorious throne & his son Yehshua(Jesus) sitting @ his right hand, never has d holy spirit ever been seen in such visions, i wonder where d holy spirit always goes to when ever that picture is taken,
Those clear visions or revelations were seen by daniel,david,john & stephen, and in all visions d holy spirit was never seen,
Just try to get my point, the voice Jesus replied to when been baptised was his Daddy's voice acknowledging him as his son & appointed messiah, Yahweh is so distinct from his son that is why he culd speak from d heavens & people heard his voice & Jesus spoke back, this whole dribble dribble as to prove trinity dogma is just not helpin,
And why should u choose to worship the high priest leading us to Yahweh and despise the Yahweh himself, Jesus ever beg us to worship am??, when did Jesus ever use his mouth to say "WORSHIP ME"when & where,
All d work Jesus did when he came to earth was to enable us worship his Father in spirit & in truth,,
He said he is d door to the Father,that no one can come to d Father except thru him,
Why worship d mediator & despise the almighty God??why,
Its not like God is dead & so Jesus is there to represent him in heaven & so if we worshiped Jesus we'v worshiped Yahweh, Jesus said if we obey his words then we hav obeyed his Father,he never said if we worship him then we'v worshiped God, never has Jesus ever asked for worship in d bible or called himself almighty God, it baffles me how humans are forcing that on him, the truth is Jesus himself worships Yahweh,so imitate him, just worship Yahweh thru his son (Jesus christ), that is what will make Jesus happy with you, because all Jesus wants his for his Fathers name to be sanctified,u should do d same, read John 17:25 & 26, imitate Jesus my freind
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2012
@ Poster

You are confused about Jesus being equal with the Father in nature. Yes in nature Jesus is equal with  the father but they are two separate beings or persons. The other being that share thesame nature with the Father and the son is the Holy Spirit whom Jesus called the comforter or the teacher.

Read John 5 for some insight.

Before Jesus came man had little understanding about God and his rule and when Jesus called God father, the Jews accused him of blasphemy. But God himself called Jesus "son"  However today when we say God we generally refer to the Father. Christians pray to the Father through Jesus because he is the mediator between man and God.

God in nature is three persons - Father, Son and the HolySpirit. They have different roles but they work in unity. You can say Jesus is God in nature but Jesus is a separate being (person) from the Father ( whom most of us call God)

Nobody knows the begining of Jesus just as you see in John 1:1 and he also told the Jews in John 8:58  "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!". He shares all the attributes of the Father ( refer to John 5) He will judge the world because he is the son of man (refer to John 5) He can give life like the father. Angels bow before him and he accepts worship like the father ( refer to the book of revelation)

If you have access to the Coptic bible or the Ethiopian Coptic bible. They have a book called the book of Enoch ( contains 3 books of Enoch). The book talked about the head of days, the son of man, and the Lord of the Spirits. You would equally get an insight into the three persons of the "Godhead"
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by newmi(m): 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2012
belabela:

@ Poster

You are confused about Jesus being equal with the Father in nature. Yes in nature Jesus is equal with  the father but they are two separate beings or persons. The other being that share thesame nature with the Father and the son is the Holy Spirit whom Jesus called the comforter or the teacher.

Read John 5 for some insight.

Before Jesus came man had little understanding about God and his rule and when Jesus called God father, the Jews accused him of blasphemy. But God himself called Jesus "son"  However today when we say God we generally refer to the Father. Christians pray to the Father through Jesus because he is the mediator between man and God.

God in nature is three persons - Father, Son and the HolySpirit. They have different roles but they work in unity. You can say Jesus is God in nature but Jesus is a separate being (person) from the Father ( whom most of us call God)

Nobody knows the begining of Jesus just as you see in John 1:1 and he also told the Jews in John 8:58  "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!". He shares all the attributes of the Father ( refer to John 5) He will judge the world because he is the son of man (refer to John 5) He can give life like the father. Angels bow before him and he accepts worship like the father ( refer to the book of revelation)

If you have access to the Coptic bible or the Ethiopian Coptic bible. They have a book called the book of Enoch ( contains 3 books of Enoch). The book talked about the head of days, the son of man, and the Lord of the Spirits. You would equally get an insight into the three persons of the "Godhead"

Jesus didn't exist as Jesus before John 1 rather He existed as much as we could understand in PROPHECY there was no explicit revelation of "the person called Jesus" but we had prophecies of one that is to born and His name "SHALL BE" not "IS" meaning that His name was not Jesus until He showed up because there was none in heaven with that name as a person. Starting the very begin in the garden of eden God said ". . . the seed of the woman will bruise the head of tje serpent. . . "
Prophecies Jesus Fulfilled
44 Prophecies Jesus Christ Fulfilled
Prophecies About
Jesus Old
Testament
Scripture
New
Testament
Fulfillment
1 Messiah would be
born of a woman.
Genesis 3:15 Matthew
1:20
Galatians 4:4
2 Messiah would be
born in Bethlehem .
Micah 5:2 Matthew 2:1
Luke 2:4-6
3 Messiah would be
born of a virgin.
Isaiah 7:14 Matthew
1:22-23
Luke 1:26-31
4 Messiah would
come from the line
of Abraham .
Genesis 12:3
Genesis 22:18 Matthew 1:1
Romans 9:5
5 Messiah would be a
descendant of Isaac . Genesis 17:19
Genesis 21:12 Luke 3:34
6 Messiah would be a
descendant of Jacob. Numbers
24:17 Matthew 1:2
7 Messiah would
come from the tribe
of Judah.
Genesis 49:10 Luke 3:33
Hebrews
7:14
8 Messiah would be
heir to King David 's
throne.
2 Samuel
7:12-13
Isaiah 9:7
Luke 1:32-33
Romans 1:3
9 Messiah's throne
will be anointed and
eternal.
Psalm 45:6-7
Daniel 2:44
Luke 1:33
Hebrews
1:8-12
10 Messiah would be
called Immanuel .
Isaiah 7:14 Matthew
1:23
11 Messiah would
spend a season in
Egypt.
Hosea 11:1 Matthew
2:14-15
12 A massacre of
children would
happen at Messiah's
birthplace.
Jeremiah
31:15
Matthew
2:16-18
13 A messenger would
prepare the way for
Messiah
Isaiah 40:3-5 Luke 3:3-6
14 Messiah would be
rejected by his own
people.
Psalm 69:8
Isaiah 53:3 John 1:11
John 7:5
15 Messiah would be a
prophet. Deuteronomy
18:15 Acts 3:20-22
16 Messiah would be
preceded by Elijah.
Malachi 4:5-6 Matthew
11:13-14
17 Messiah would be
declared the Son of
God.
Psalm 2:7 Matthew
3:16-17
18 Messiah would be
called a Nazarene.
Isaiah 11:1 Matthew
2:23
19 Messiah would bring
light to Galilee.
Isaiah 9:1-2 Matthew
4:13-16
20 Messiah would
speak in parables.
Psalm 78:2-4
Isaiah 6:9-10
Matthew
13:10-15 ,
34-35
21 Messiah would be
sent to heal the
brokenhearted.
Isaiah 61:1-2 Luke 4:18-19
22 Messiah would be a
priest after the order
of Melchizedek .
Psalm 110:4 Hebrews
5:5-6
23 Messiah would be
called King.
Psalm 2:6
Zechariah 9:9
Matthew
27:37
Mark
11:7-11
24 Messiah would be
praised by little
children.
Psalm 8:2 Matthew
21:16
25 Messiah would be
betrayed.
Psalm 41:9
Zechariah
11:12-13
Luke
22:47-48
Matthew
26:14-16
26 Messiah's price
money would be
used to buy a
potter's field.
Zechariah
11:12-13
Matthew
27:9-10
27 Messiah would be
falsely accused.
Psalm 35:11 Mark
14:57-58
28 Messiah would be
silent before his
accusers.
Isaiah 53:7 Mark 15:4-5
29 Messiah would be
spat upon and
struck.
Isaiah 50:6 Matthew
26:67
30 Messiah would be
hated without
cause.
Psalm 35:19
Psalm 69:4
John
15:24-25
31 Messiah would be
crucified with
criminals.
Isaiah 53:12 Matthew
27:38
Mark
15:27-28
32 Messiah would be
given vinegar to
drink.
Psalm 69:21 Matthew
27:34
John
19:28-30
33 Messiah's hands and
feet would be
pierced.
Psalm 22:16
Zechariah
12:10
John
20:25-27
34 Messiah would be
mocked and
ridiculed.
Psalm 22:7-8 Luke 23:35
35 Soldiers would
gamble for
Messiah's garments.
Psalm 22:18 Luke 23:34
Matthew
27:35-36
36 Messiah's bones
would not be
broken.
Exodus 12:46
Psalm 34:20
John
19:33-36
37 Messiah would be
forsaken by God.
Psalm 22:1 Matthew
27:46
38 Messiah would pray
for his enemies.
Psalm 109:4 Luke 23:34
39 Soldiers would
pierce Messiah's
side.
Zechariah
12:10
John 19:34
40 Messiah would be
buried with the rich.
Isaiah 53:9 Matthew
27:57-60
41 Messiah would
resurrect from the
dead.
Psalm 16:10
Psalm 49:15
Matthew
28:2-7
Acts 2:22-32
42 Messiah would
ascend to heaven.
Psalm
24:7-10
Mark 16:19
Luke 24:51
43 Messiah would be
seated at God's right
hand.
Psalm 68:18
Psalm 110:1
Mark 16:19
Matthew
22:44
44 Messiah would be a
sacrifice for sin. Isaiah
53:5-12 Romans
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by newmi(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2012
@belabela
sorry l forgot to say thanks for your comments
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2012
@newmi

I understand there are prophesies about Jesus but let me ask you two questions. Did Jesus start to exist when he was born of Mary? When did Jesus start to exist?
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by newmi(m): 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2012
Joagbaje:

I'm a little old fashion to sit down to hear rap music. Nothing is wrong with rap music provided it contains edifying message and secondly the message is clear.

But everything is wrong with a rap artist who is more concerned about rhymes and rhythm and has no message. Ricky D is one rap artist that is good at the job. Quality message, clear delivery. No "YIKIYAKAYIKIYAKA PUM PUM PUM!
Wow you know Ricky D and this is not true you are actually doing rapping flow please some more punch lines ja re e yo e yo PUM PUM (whatever that means) loll
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Chuksxp: 3:55pm On Feb 11, 2012
The Bible is very clear on the Trinity, consisting of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. One God with three distinct persons.

Jesus is God!

They came to him, clasped his feet and WORSHIPED him. - Matthew 28:9

If Jesus wasn't God, why did they worship Him? And why didn't he stop them? I mean if you as a true believer today see people worshiping you, wouldn't you tell them to stop?

Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” - John 20:28

Thomas called Jesus God. Why didn't He rebuke Thomas?

But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; - Hebrews 1:8

Woah! The Father calls Jesus God.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Boomark(m): 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2012
Whoa! Chuks, why did u ignore verse 9.
"You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladeness more than your companions.

Please all of you should answer this. Who is the God of our lord Jesus mentioned here?
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by mpmp: 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2012
@ all

Here is my take on the above. Mathematically speaking:

Eqa1) given: For example: the Bible says that God created man in His own image.
therefore: The above means that man has some characteristics/attributes which God Has and vice-versa. For example: God created man. Since man was created, Man has created so many things. For example: Nairaland, the internet, and the computer/keyboard in front of you.

Equation 2: What is man made of? :
we solve equation-2 as: Spirit(breath, which is actually Gods breath), Soul(this never dies) and Body(flesh, God made man from the dust of the earth. At death, the body returns to where it came from - Dust).

Substitute equ-2 in equ-1
therefore: God has His own kind of Spirit, Soul and Body.

Man's soul is Gods property: Man's breath is Gods breath: and Man's body is Gods dust(which He created at the beginning).

1) Jesus, which was with God since the beginning, and which was born as a baby, named Jesus and which grew up as a man (just like "a man" that was at first created in the image of God). As a child, he once told his parents that he was in His fathers house.
2) The Holy Spirit which descended on Jesus like a Dove and the Voice of God which said "this is my beloved son(man) in whom I am well pleased".
3) God - the soul part(just like that of man that never dies).

The Bible teaches that when Christians die, their body is buried, but their soul and spirit return to God?

So, when Jesus died, after 3 days, his Soul and Spirit(Gods breath) returned into Him, He physically arose and He returned to God (just like the rapture of man eventually will look like).

God is not a name - you are right. But He has some attributes that we(man) do not have. So He has the whole world at His call and beckon and can choose who/where/what/ to manifest himself as.

And really, didn't God tell us His name?
At His birth in the form of a body called Jesus, His name was called: Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by numo86(m): 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2012
Chuksxp:

The Bible is very clear on the Trinity, consisting of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. One God with three distinct persons.

Jesus is God!

They came to him, clasped his feet and WORSHIPED him. - Matthew 28:9

If Jesus wasn't God, why did they worship Him? And why didn't he stop them? I mean if you as a true believer today see people worshiping you, wouldn't you tell them to stop?

Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” - John 20:28

Thomas called Jesus God. Why didn't He rebuke Thomas?

But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; - Hebrews 1:8

Woah! The Father calls Jesus God.

Do u know that hebrews 1:8 was a re-quoted verse from psalms 45:6 & 7?,
It was d psalmist david who made that statement not Yahweh, infact that scripture had an earilier fulfillment on solomon b4 it had a grander application on d greater solomon(Jesus), bookmak just told u to read d immediate verse after verse 8, there also is from d psalms 45:6&8 and there david calls Yahweh d God of Jesus, please always read reference scriptures b4 u draw into conclusion, Yahweh can never call Jesus his God, that'l be  madness,
King james was so fast to put down verse 8 like that forgeting that a reference scripture will always be there to defend itself, please kindly open to psalms 45:6&7 and read & tell me if d apostle paul wansnt quoting from that book,
I can show so many scriptures where Jesus called Yahweh his God & also other scriptures where d apostles called Yahweh d God of Jesus, just kindly do a cool research on hebrews 1:8 and psalms 45:6&7,
It was still this same david that saw d vision of Jesus sitting @ d right hand of Yahweh,
Have u ever asked urself why Jesus will wait for somebody his equal to elevate him to a superior position or why Jesus will wait for somebody his equal to anoint him & make him priest??if Jesus is God why be a priest?a priest to who??to himself?, or have u ever asked urself why Jesus will always have to sit down @ d right hand of some1 who is his equal, why not just sit down on the throne ni:-), please critically read d book of psalms i quoted and then later on read hebrews to get a clearer understanding of those verses,
God callin Jesus his God will be like my earthly father callin me his Father, that'l be madness!!, lol
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Boomark(m): 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2012
@numo

thats how they read and rush to conclution with enthusiasm. I gave instances and quotes above like Jn 20:17, where God is called the God of our lord Jesus. I believe Jesus want us to understand it that way cos he came to make Gods name known to us. God gave moses His name and said that all generation shall know Him by it. Das why no matter how much you reject His name(Yaweh/Jehovah) you will mistakenly mention it while singing or praying.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Sweetnecta: 12:10am On Feb 12, 2012
@Judek2: « #6 on: February 08, 2012, 11:49 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on February 07, 2012, 11:58 PM
@Aletheia, Olaadegbu, Frosbel, etc.

See. Up there.

Some christian guy is bold. He give us the name of christian God, finally. He said he is Jesus.

So the God son is Jesus who died on the cross in the hands of Jews.
Also the God father is Jesus who sits on the throne in heaven, waiting for you.
Finally, the God ghost is Jesus who got Mary pregnant for an on behalf of God father to produce God son.

So when Jesus died on the cross by hanging and nailing and spearing, they all died.

This is what your man, the op is saying. Talk to him and I am just deducing from the thread title. You dont have to read the content to get this

I am sure i will get more supporting evidence if I read the piece.

God can express himself in many ways. Smiley
Remember Melchizedek.
[/Quote]I remember Melchizedek. That makes 4 gods, still because he is still around somewhere on earth. No? That killed your Trinity. Doesnt it? And i bet melchizedek is greater than Jesus, because death never catch him. No?
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Sweetnecta: 12:47am On Feb 12, 2012
@Chuksxp: « #32 on: February 10, 2012, 03:46 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on February 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
@Chucksxp: « #29 on: Today at 02:42:15 PM »Please remember the simile when you answer the below.

So explain to me if the simile is not in play when the word is said to have become God and the word is God. Are there not more than 1 God in this case, if the word is truly God, rather than spoken by God?
Finally, if the SPIRIT of God descended like a dove, what is the spirit of God really, if it not simply a simile like word of God being a double edged sword, or hammer, or fire, etc or became flesh? Is there anytime the "word of God became flesh and word of God is double edged sword or hammer or fire or others in the etc happen to be present at the same time? If there was, what happened to the word of God really, if the word of God is actually God? Will you not have more than 1 God and even more than 1 word of God?

What is a simile? A simile is only present where there is LIKE or AS. In John 1:1, it doesn't say the Word has become LIKE God. It says the Word is God.[/Quote]thanks. it reminds me that jesus was the one who got his own mother Mary pregnant being the holy ghost to create himself in the womb. jesus was the one that was walking in the garden looking for the hiding Adam and Eve, after they ate the "fruit". if i stop here, we wonder how can Jesus be watching Adam and Eve, allowing them to commit sin, reject them and it does not seem like he forgave them the reason original sin remains as the stain. then Jesus came to allow himself to b killed not by all mankind, but a group, the jews. yet after all of that death which to me is very hypocritical, the original sin is still a stain. this is a death that serves no intended purpose.

[Quote]And if you read Jeremiah 23:29 where it talks about fire and hammer, it says “Is not my word LIKE fire,” declares the LORD, “and LIKE a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?"[/Quote]so what is the difference between the word that is became flesh and the word that is like fire, hammer? was jesus the word that is like fire, hammer breaking rock in pieces? could you tell us how these words connect as jesus, the meek who couldnt raise his hand against anyone, instead turn the other cheek? i hope you will not say that he breaks rocks into pieces as hammer. But wonders do not cease to happen.

[Quote]It doesn't say the word is God is a hammer or fire. It says it is like. That's like me saying a banana is like a plantain.[/Quote]both banana and plantain are existing things, edible, physical, present at the same time. how many words of God are there, chuksxp? this is what i am hoping that you get. not only you, all christis since God was speaking while jesus the word that became flesh according to you was being baptized. baptism is a new thing with the jews; before jesus and after him, and during his time, no one among practicing jews engage baptism.

[Quote]We can see the LIKE there. As for the double edged sword, sorry for my earlier post. I just read Hebrews 4:12 again. It doesn't say God's word is a double edged sword. Rather it says God's word is sharper than a double edged sword.[/Quote]so how is jesus the word made flesh, according to you God is sharper than double edged sword, considering that jesus said that 'of my own power, i can do nothing, . . ."? i think that cant do nothing double edge sword is dulled out.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Judek2(m): 8:30am On Feb 12, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Judek2: « #6 on: February 08, 2012, 11:49 AM »I remember Melchizedek. That makes 4 gods, still because he is still around somewhere on earth. No? That killed your Trinity. Doesnt it? And i bet melchizedek is greater than Jesus, because death never catch him. No?

I have explained that aspect of Melchizedek to you. In your blindness,you will always bring it up for arguements.

numo86:

Do u know that hebrews 1:8 was a re-quoted verse from psalms 45:6 & 7?,
It was d psalmist david who made that statement not Yahweh, infact that scripture had an earilier fulfillment on solomon b4 it had a grander application on d greater solomon(Jesus), bookmak just told u to read d immediate verse after verse 8, there also is from d psalms 45:6&8 and there david calls Yahweh d God of Jesus, please always read reference scriptures b4 u draw into conclusion, Yahweh can never call Jesus his God, that'l be  madness,
King james was so fast to put down verse 8 like that forgeting that a reference scripture will always be there to defend itself, please kindly open to psalms 45:6&7 and read & tell me if d apostle paul wansnt quoting from that book,
I can show so many scriptures where Jesus called Yahweh his God & also other scriptures where d apostles called Yahweh d God of Jesus, just kindly do a cool research on hebrews 1:8 and psalms 45:6&7,
It was still this same david that saw d vision of Jesus sitting @ d right hand of Yahweh,
Have u ever asked urself why Jesus will wait for somebody his equal to elevate him to a superior position or why Jesus will wait for somebody his equal to anoint him & make him priest??if Jesus is God why be a priest?a priest to who??to himself?, or have u ever asked urself why Jesus will always have to sit down @ d right hand of some1 who is his equal, why not just sit down on the throne ni:-), please critically read d book of psalms i quoted and then later on read hebrews to get a clearer understanding of those verses,
God callin Jesus his God will be like my earthly father callin me his Father, that'l be madness!!, lol

This is one of the dumbest replies i've read.
This is what I call ignorance. Someone just speaking what he know nothing about,and gets excited at it.

What is prophesy to you? If you dont know anything,you better keep mute than spew gibberish out of ignorance.

You just made a hillarious claim. Are you saying that David spoke of Solomon,his son, and called him LORD, when he said, "The Lord said to My LORD" ?
that is ignorance.
I will like you to explain to me how Solomon or any body whatsoever apart from God and Jesus was being refered to.

There are many prophesies of Jesus in the old tastaments,starting from his birth,his ministries,death and ressurection. All of thew were prophesied by the old prophets.and Jesus fulfilled all.
Here, David is speaking of Two Lords. THE LORD,FATHER. And his LORD, SON. The prophesy is God honouring his son,which was fully fullfiled, and any sane man should know that.
Please, better replies is needed.
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by PA1982(f): 8:53am On Feb 12, 2012
It would be interesting to see how this subject is actually treated in the original- Greek.

Much of the confusion on this thread is caused by the translations (made by men) of Greek texts.
Why not go back to the original Greek and see what was actually written?
Re: God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" by Judek2(m): 9:02am On Feb 12, 2012
numo86:

@judek2, yeah satan appeared as a serpent & also still appeared as an angel(a spirit person) many times as we know, but there has never been a time d holy spirit ever appeared as a person just as d bible will let us know that Yahweh,his son (Jesus) & d angels are spirit persons,
D holy spirit is just never in any uni-personal form, its always appearin in different forms other than a person, even when servants of God looked into heavens several times they only just see Yahweh sitting on his glorious throne & his son Yehshua(Jesus) sitting @ his right hand, never has d holy spirit ever been seen in such visions, i wonder where d holy spirit always goes to when ever that picture is taken,
Those clear visions or revelations were seen by daniel,david,john & stephen, and in all visions d holy spirit was never seen,
Just try to get my point, the voice Jesus replied to when been baptised was his Daddy's voice acknowledging him as his son & appointed messiah, Yahweh is so distinct from his son that is why he culd speak from d heavens & people heard his voice & Jesus spoke back, this whole dribble dribble as to prove trinity dogma is just not helpin,
And why should u choose to worship the high priest leading us to Yahweh and despise the Yahweh himself, Jesus ever beg us to worship am??, when did Jesus ever use his mouth to say "WORSHIP ME"when & where,
All d work Jesus did when he came to earth was to enable us worship his Father in spirit & in truth,,
He said he is d door to the Father,that no one can come to d Father except thru him,
Why worship d mediator & despise the almighty God??why,
Its not like God is dead & so Jesus is there to represent him in heaven & so if we worshiped Jesus we'v worshiped Yahweh, Jesus said if we obey his words then we hav obeyed his Father,he never said if we worship him then we'v worshiped God, never has Jesus ever asked for worship in d bible or called himself almighty God, it baffles me how humans are forcing that on him, the truth is Jesus himself worships Yahweh,so imitate him, just worship Yahweh thru his son (Jesus christ), that is what will make Jesus happy with you, because all Jesus wants his for his Fathers name to be sanctified,u should do d same, read John 17:25 & 26, imitate Jesus my freind

Satan appears as serpent, although he was a being. He appears as serpent,and serpents can be used to explain dangerous. He also can manipulate peoples thoughts and words, as he tried to discourage Jesus through Peper.

The Holy Spirit is a Spirit, he cant be seen, But he always present.
He appeared in the form of a dove, which signifies holiness, gentility. He also appears like fire,which signifies boldness. He can take any form depending on the motive. Our comforter and teacher,our spirit and soul.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God,In genesis 1:2. He walks seperately from God. The Spirit is in God which gives life to Gods creations. He is the breath of God.
Referred to as "HE" by Jesus, he is ever present,can be felt but cant be seen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

African American Pastors Oppose Gay Ban!!!!!!!! / Bomb Shell: How Paul Distorted Christianity (pt 1) / What Do Atheist Think Of Magic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.