Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (37589 Views)

Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MrPresident1: 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
ARCHANGEL MICHAEL IS JESUS CHRIST

HOW? LETS SEE.

LOOK UP THE STORY OF THE STONING OF STEPHEN IN ACTS 6 AND 7.

Acts 7:55-57
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Dan 12:1
12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

FROM THE TWO BIBLE REFERENCES ABOVE, WE KNOW THAT ANGEL MICHAEL THE GREAT PRINCE STANDS FOR HIS PEOPLE.

ALSO, AS STEPHEN WAS BEING STONED, WE SEE THAT JESUS CHRIST HAD STOOD UP FOR HIM. WHY? JESUS DOESN’T STAND AT THE RIGHT HAND, HE SEATS AT THE RIGHT HAND.

Luke 20:42
42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand

ARCHANGEL MICHAEL THE GREAT PRINCE IS JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD.

Isa 63:9-10
9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

1 John 2:1-3
2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The angel of His Presence...we have an advocate with The Father.

10 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by ammyluv2002(f): 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
Guy, watch what you say ok......don't ever compare our saviour Jesus to the Angels. The bible made it clear on Trinity (God the father, Jesus the son and the Holy Spirit) you see any Angel for there? undecided

30 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Yooguyz: 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
@op, you are quoting scriptures out of context
No, Jesus and Michael the
Archangel are not the same.Jesus is God in flesh, but Michael the Archangel is an angel which
is a created being.

# Daniel 10:13, ““But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one
days; then behold, Michael, one
of the chief princes, came to help
me, for I had been left there with
the kings of Persia.”

# Jude 9, “But Michael the
archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about
the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing
judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”

In Jude 9 Michael would not pronounce a judgment against
the devil. Instead, he said "the Lord rebuke you." If Michael and
Jesus were the same, and Jesus
is God in flesh, then Michael
would have had the authority to rebuke the devil. But, since Michael deferred to the Lord,
Michael is not the Lord
. Instead,
Michael is an Archangel, a created being.
Btw, what's your faith? JW or 7th day adventist?

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by twosquare(m): 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Jehovah witnesses....and their erroneous msgs

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Debeloved87(m): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
Michael is an angel, Jesus is the begotten son of the Father..thou angel Michael was his main guardian angel while on earth..in the last days after rapture Michael and his hosts will have the job of securing israel from attacks from nations like iran,iraq,the antichrist and his demons etc,which brings about the daniel 12:1 you quoted. Every nation has a prince, angel michael is israel's prince, dnt forget the prince of persia,all these princes are highly powerful spirits etc. But Jesus is more than a prince, He is the king of kings and the Lord of Lords..Jesus will be with the bride in heaven watching and directing as things evolve on earth, and when the time has fully come he will move down with the whole armies of heaven to finally defeat lucifer,the beast and the prophet then the millennial reign begins.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
get ready for backlash from church folk *escapes from thread* cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Tgirl4real(f): 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
El Presidente, looking for trouble. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Tgirl4real(f): 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
twosquare: Jehovah witnesses....and their erroneous msgs

ermmm....I suspect he is a true Jehovah's witness. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Mintayo(m): 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
Heresy.
Jesus is not angel Micheal,Jesus is far greater than that...it is demeaning to say Jesus is an angel!
Jesus is not an angel!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by haibe(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
If Jesus is an angel, he won't accept worship, he won't be called mighty God, alpha and omega, first and last, etc.

Jesus is not an angel

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
Trust obadiah to be present in anythread of this nature grin
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Samunique(m): 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
ammyluv2002: Guy, watch what you say ok......don't ever compare our saviour Jesus to the Angels. The bible made it clear on Trinity (God the father, Jesus the son and the Holy Spirit) you see any Angel for there? undecided
The truth of the matter is, this doctrine is not biblical, the guy juts wants us to waste our time & MB discussing this.

I know he came across it from JW magazine. That all!!!

Av heard JW thaught it on many occasions, but it's an insult on our Lord. Heb 1:6-8 says " And again when He bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, and let all the angels of God worshiped him.
And of the angels he said, who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers flame of fire.
But unto the SON he said, thy throne, O GOD, is for ever and ever:....... So how can Jesus the SON of GOD be micheal with this scripture. It's an heresy.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by gradeA(m): 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
He is indeed a JW.

His excellency Mr president, please stop quoting scriptures out of context.
The scriptures you used as evidence dont even add up... I doubt if you even believe this crap yourself,
if you do,
then............

I would simply blame it on the 1st lady grin (abeg i no call psn name oo)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
OP between you and GEJ i dont know who is smarter?? I will go for GEJ though undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by gradeA(m): 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
and who is dat slow-poke dat liked the op's post undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by gradeA(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Joagbaje(m): 5:35am On Sep 21, 2013
Mr President: ARCHANGEL MICHAEL IS JESUS CHRIST

HOW? LETS SEE.

LOOK UP THE STORY OF THE STONING OF STEPHEN IN ACTS 6 AND 7.

Acts 7:55-57
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

FROM THE TWO BIBLE REFERENCES ABOVE, WE KNOW THAT ANGEL MICHAEL THE GREAT PRINCE STANDS FOR HIS PEOPLE.

ALSO, AS STEPHEN WAS BEING STONED, WE SEE THAT JESUS CHRIST HAD STOOD UP FOR HIM. WHY? JESUS DOESN’T STAND AT THE RIGHT HAND, HE SEATS AT THE RIGHT HAND.

Luke 20:42
42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand

ARCHANGEL MICHAEL THE GREAT PRINCE IS JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD.

Try read Hebrews ,Jesus is greater than angels. God can never tell angel to sit at his right hand.

Hebrews 1:13-14
And did he ever say anything like this to an angel?
Sit alongside me here on my throne
Until I make your enemies a stool for your feet.
Isn't it obvious that all angels are sent to help out with those lined up to receive salvation?

Now to the scripture you misunderstood .let me explain it.

12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people:

God has angels and watchers all over the world in different nations and cities . Just as satan has principalities and demonic rulers of darkness . Angel micheal and gabriel are the angels in charge of the nation of israel. Gabriel brings messages Micheal fights.

Angel micheal while conversing with Daniel talked about the prince of Persia and Grecia ,these were demonic angels over earthly kingdom .

Daniel 10:13
But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days:but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

This prince of Persia was a demonic being satan set over Persia empire and also he has demonic being assigned to Greece and to Nigeria. Angel micheal still went further to talk about the demonic angel coming with emergence of Greece.

Daniel 10:20
Then he said, Do you know why I have come to you? And now I will return to fight with the [hostile] prince of Persia; and when I have gone, behold, the [hostile] prince of Greece will come.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Gombs(m): 6:34am On Sep 21, 2013
I'm stunned

Jesus same as angel Michael?

You all see why we need preach the Gospel of Christ faster than ever? We need break these kind of strongholds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
of course this is for the spiritually discerned. the direct calling of Jesus an angel is in the book of revelation, for those who say christ is not an angel

REVELATION 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,

3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.

THE LION OF JUDAH ROARING WHILE RECIEVING INSTRUCTIONS FROM GOD ( THE SEVEN THUNDERS )

5 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
lorretta u: Trust obadiah to be present in anythread of this nature grin
yes now. i gotta represent * escapes from thread before the scoffers come raging* cheesy
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by PastorOluT(m): 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
Gombs: I'm stunned

Jesus same as angel Michael?

You all see why we need preach the Gospel of Christ faster than ever? We need break these kind of strongholds
Sincerely I dont know what many are concerned about as Christians, preaching the gospel of Christ or just trying to cause confusion. I agree with u the gospel of Christ need to be preached so fast that the knowledge of God would cover the earth just as the water covers the sea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by PastorOluT(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: of course this is for the spiritually discerned. the direct calling of Jesus an angel is in the book of revelation, for those who say christ is not an angel

REVELATION 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,

3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.

THE LION OF JUDAH ROARING WHILE RECIEVING INSTRUCTIONS FROM GOD ( THE SEVEN THUNDERS )

Bro are u saying Jesus is Michael?

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Bro are u saying Jesus is Michael?
without a shadow of a doubt Chief
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by PastorOluT(m): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: without a shadow of a doubt Chief
Smiles, I least expected this from u?
When the bible clearly says that He is the Son of God and greater than angels, I would want to believe U have the book of Hebrews in ur bible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
Smiles, I least expected this from u?
When the bible clearly says that He is the Son of God and greater than angels, I would want to believe U have the book of Hebrews in ur bible?

did you see the book of revelation verse i quoted ? and yes he is greater than angels. he is an arch-angel

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: get ready for backlash from church folk *escapes from thread* cheesy
I gotta ask...

Is it your job on NL to cause controversy?
I gotta wonder if you get some kind of kick
backs.

Hmmmmm...smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
texanomaly:
I gotta ask...

Is it your job on NL to cause controversy?
I gotta wonder if you get some kind of kick
backs.

Hmmmmm...smh
to cause controversy ? nope.the truth is never popular. the truth is controversy. i represent the truth. i represent controversy

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: to cause controversy ? nope.the truth is never popular. the truth is controversy. i represent the truth. i represent controversy
Hmmmm

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone's 'truth' is not always the same.

Interesting theory...I don't agree, but interesting.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Joagbaje(m): 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: of course this is for the spiritually discerned. the direct calling of Jesus an angel is in the book of revelation, for those who say christ is not an angel

The bible didn't say such thing as you wrote here dude . Where did you get your lion of Judah stuff from. There's a curse on those who add to scripture.

Read Hebrews . It makes it clear that Jesus is not an angel.

Isn't it obvious that all angels are sent to help out with those lined up to receive salvation?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
texanomaly:
Hmmmm

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone's 'truth' is not always the same.

Interesting theory...I don't agree, but interesting.
the truth is universal. truth is not in the eye of the beholder. thats a wrong statement wink

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by PastorOluT(m): 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777:

did you see the book of revelation verse i quoted ? and yes he is greater than angels. he is an arch-angel
I saw the place u quoted from Revelation, and brother I dont think it was referring to Jesus. I also use to think Michael was Jesus, but when u look at whenever Michael appears in the scriptures n Jesus, there is always a difference. Like the book of Jude someone quoted in the former post where Michael n the devil dispute for the body of Moses, n he had to rebuke him in the name of the Lord!
But when it comes to Jesus 'cos all authority has been given to Him, He act as such!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
Joagbaje:

The bible didn't say such thing as you wrote here dude . Where did you get your lion of Judah stuff from. There's a curse on those who add to scripture.

Read Hebrews . It makes it clear that Jesus is not an angel.

where did i get the lion of judah from ?

hebrews 7 vs 14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda;

jeremiah 4 vs 7 The lion is come up from his thicket, and the destroyer of the Gentiles is on his way; he is gone forth from his place to make thy land desolate; and thy cities shall be laid waste, without an inhabitant. <<< second coming. the lion of judah coming to destroy the gentile empires

BUT LETS DIGRESS. YES HE IS GREATER THAN ANGELS. HE IS AN ARCH-ANGEL. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? MEANS HE IS THE LEADER OF THE ANGELS. WHICH ANGELS ? THE 144,000 MEN OF ISRAEL AKA THE SEVEN STARS >>>> REVELATION 2 VS 1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
<< he holds the seven stars in his right hands because he is their leader. the arch-angel. hence the saying i have come for the lost sheep of the house of israel. he came for his angels. to wake them up.

jude 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. Micheal ( christ ) telling the devil that 'the lord rebuke thee'. why is Micheal calling himself 'lord' ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion / Lady Lays Curse On Stephanie Otobo, Begs Apostle Suleman For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.