Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure (11430 Views)

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by otokx(m): 4:46pm On Feb 08, 2012
beespak7:

Any pictures to back up these claims? They say seeing is believing.

Forget pictures, take a trip to the state is the only way to experience it. Many governors have used picture to deceive so many others, they do a road at the beginning and snap it as beginning and end. Drive about 3 mins in and you are in a thick forest.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by efisher(m): 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2012
Uduaghan, come and see what your "mates" are doing. Shior!
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by phantom(m): 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2012
If na fashola win am na, dem for don spam the whole thread, lol, jokers.someone who has never left lagos is busy talkin BS, They think development is all about planting flowers, lol
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Afam4eva(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2012
Even though i beleive that Fashola has tried, he's probablt the most overated governor in Nigeria.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2012
three days ago, he donated 50million naira to victims of madalla chrismas bombing. Today recieves award for best infracstructural bla bla bla. I know he built a fly over, tarred most of the roads in the state and yet, could not pay his civil servants minimum wage nor establish a single industry to boost employment. The state university that was established years ago, is nothing to write home about. And for crying out loud Akwa Ibom recieves the highest allocation in the whole naija, What are we saying? The dude just likes showing off himself. He is so proud, And last time i checked, Pride goes before a fall.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Rossikk(m): 1:26am On Feb 09, 2012
UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE

Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Rossikk(m): 1:29am On Feb 09, 2012
IBOM POWER PLANT (IPP)

Akwa Ibom Library Headquarters

Ibeno Beach & Golf Course

Ibom Tropicana Complex

Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Rossikk(m): 1:31am On Feb 09, 2012

Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Rossikk(m): 1:33am On Feb 09, 2012

Governor Godswill Akpabio - Nigerian patriot.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:34am On Feb 09, 2012
^^^Simply beautiful. Those pics are like a breath of fresh air.

You see the quality of roads i'm talking about?: you can even notice the thickness of the roads just from looking at the pics, and they're bound to last. Not like the 'apian way' some Governors build with over-inflated contracts, which end up being eroded after just one rainy season. I could post one or two pics of the rubbish roads i'm talking about, but i don't want to be accused of talking down my own.

I'm impressed with Akpabio smiley.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by mojounited(m): 1:52am On Feb 09, 2012
Thanks for the pictures @Rossik. . .well done! Abeg, can you post more? #olivertwist cheesy
PS - I've heard of the e-library, flyovers, new government house, ibom tropicana, ibom international airport (with MRO and proposed =N=18.05b terminal), the yet to be proposed industrial city, et al.
[flash=380,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc[/flash]

[img]http://C:\Users\ANIEDI\Desktop\404470_321906247848406_141108252594874_904725_1752699599_n.jpg[/img]
^Proposed =N=18.05b airport terminal. .the model looks madly beautiful

Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Beaf: 1:53am On Feb 09, 2012
Good one to Akpabio. It is a well deserved award indeed, lets not forget also that according to wikileaks, in the estimation of the US, Akpabio is the governor to be watched. Now, both local and foreign views on the man cohere.

Nice. cool

shymmex: @Beaf

Word on the road is that you sold your soul to a corrupt, and mindless politician for some fresh milk and cheerios?? Grin

My guy, word on the street is that a goat pissed on your head while still in the womb. They say it is the reason for your amazing stup!dity! grin grin grin grin
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by aljharem(m): 1:54am On Feb 09, 2012
very impressive cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy infact i am amazed

the bar has been raised for Rochas and Fashola grin grin grin grin
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Genius100: 2:31am On Feb 09, 2012
Wow,  No wonder people say the education system of Nigeria is in tatters. The award is for "providing infrastructural support and grants to small businesses and rural women". This is not the same as saying Akwa Ibom has the best overall infrastructure in Nigeria.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Rossikk(m): 2:37am On Feb 09, 2012
Projects Currently Under Construction in Uyo

IBOM TROPICANA PARK (AKWA IBOM HOTEL & MALL, UYO)

The IBOM TROPICANA PARK: will be one of its kind in Nigeria because
of its various facilities and wet and dry parks. It will be eventually
managed by an experienced International electromechanical maintenance
firm together with Silver bird.
The theme park will comprise two sections a wet park and a dry park
accessed from two different gates. The wet park will have its
administration services / food outlets / toilets / box office / Kiosk near the
main entrance while the wet rides consist of :
1. Wave Pool
2. TOTS Pool Slide
3. Lazy River Ride
4. Activity Pool/Play Structure
5. Inner Tube Slide
6. High Thrill Slide
This section of the Park will have its own mechanical, electrical and
plumbing maintenance offices and team.

As for the Dry Park it will have at the main entrance the Box Office,
Toilets, Retail Kiosks (Souvenirs, Shirts, Caps etc). The Dry Park will
have the following main structures/rides:
1. Mini Jets
2. Kiddie Wheel
3. Mini Tower
4. Tea Cups
5. Space Gun
6. Giant Wheel (33 meters)
7. Drop Zone
8. Bumper Cars
9. Pirate ship
10. Jolly Jump
11. Top Dancer
12. Traffic Jam
13. Family Coaster
14. Comic Shows in Open Theater
There will also be several retail kiosks all around the Park. It is also
interesting to note that a stream bisects the Theme Park, and in order to
enhance the ecosystem a small barrage will be erected to create an
artificial lake to increase the birds habitat.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Ndipe(m): 2:38am On Feb 09, 2012
Impressive pictures, thanks for posting.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by GAR3TH(m): 2:47am On Feb 09, 2012
With the amount of oil revenue akwa ibom receives, compared to it small size and sparse population why won't it be the best. I congratulate Akwa ibom but I dont think its worthy of an award compared to other states. Though Akwa Ibom is developing rapidly, other states without large oil revenues and have large populations are also developing as well. The award should have been based on who gives more effort rather than the finished product. But I have to agree, Akwa Ibom is lovely
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by EkoIle1: 2:59am On Feb 09, 2012
That's it? This is what the people of Akwa got with all that money?

I hope this is not a cruel joke,

lmao,

1 Like

Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Beaf: 3:05am On Feb 09, 2012
GAR3TH:

With the amount of oil revenue akwa ibom receives, compared to it small size and sparse population why won't it be the best. I congratulate Akwa ibom but I dont think its worthy of an award compared to other states. Though Akwa Ibom is developing rapidly, other states without large oil revenues and have large populations are also developing as well. The award should have been based on who gives more effort rather than the finished product. But I have to agree, Akwa Ibom is lovely

If other states are not developing, then it is their fault. It is also their fault if they do not have the money to develop.
Akwa Ibom has oil revenue, yes. But what stops other states having revenues from high tech, tourism, manufacturing, services, agriculture, their own mineral resources etc? What stops them?

In the US Carlifornia is far richer than Texas, the oil state. Nobody can argue with the power of Silicon Valley with its Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Facebook etc etc. What is it that is making Nigerian states to be so morally and intellectually bankrupt? What is it that has so siezed the Nigerian mind that we only reckon with oil revenues and not what we can do with our hands, hearts and minds?

Akpabio deserves every laurel he is getting. I hope one day, he rises to become President.

1 Like

Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Rad1cal: 3:07am On Feb 09, 2012
Akpabio blazing wella grin
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by 9ja4eva: 6:13am On Feb 09, 2012
Amazing, he deserves it.

More kudos to his elbow
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by beespak7(m): 9:30am On Feb 09, 2012
@ ROSSIK thanks for posting those wonderfull pictures

wow akwa ibom is really beautifull. thank God we still have some reasonable governors in nigeria, God bless akpabio .
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Bawss1(m): 10:34am On Feb 09, 2012
Akpabio has been doing some serious good work in A.I and should be commended.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by adino(m): 3:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
@ Rossikk
Why do you want to kill all dem haterz with pictures now, you would have allowed the lazy peeps to find it out themselves or the broke azzes to hussle money and visit Akwa Ibom for themselves. Akpabio's foray has always been here for all to see.
My own contribution enjoy this link (More A.K Wonders, notice that very unlike Lagos, these are real pics and not 3D) grin grin grin https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511531.0.html

More Pics,More Pics, More Pics,More Pics:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511531.0.html
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by gempo(m): 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
Well. all i can say is Congratulations Governor Akpabio and keep it up with your good work.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Ndipe(m): 11:22pm On Feb 09, 2012
Pics are nice, but has Akpabio paid the minimum wage for employees? That's more important than adorning the city with 'modern' edifices.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by Ndipe(m): 11:30pm On Feb 09, 2012
A more important task for teh governor to do is to pay the minimum wage for all employees of the government. Last I heard, the workers had embarked on an an industrial strike over non-payments of their salary. This is more important than building impressive edificies in the state.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by ypzilanti: 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2012
, And now they are developing a new port that will be the best in Nigeria, mark my words. If only the state government will be allowed to run thier port and not the inept Nigerian Ports Authority. See why we need true federalism in Nigeria?

A picture says more than a thousand words. I have been there before and after the governor came to power, the State has transformed immensley from a backwood to the forefront. And those that keep saying he has so much oil revenue should not forget SYLVA, ODILI and Obong victor attah, even your present presido, What did they do with thier state oil revenues?
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by akpanbaba: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
SANUSI entered the banks and the banks have scattered and now he has entered Akwa ibom more wahala will come to the state.Akwaibomites should pray hard.This is the era of photographic politics.People should not stay here to clap for this man.Go to AKWA IBOM yourself and get good information.I understand that in the last few months Akpabio has taken a dozen of important personalities including religious leaders to show what he has done in the state.One wonders why he is doing all these wonderful shows.

1 Like

Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by akpanbaba: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2012
Photographs,this reminds of my friend Ola who after working in the Uk sent a huge sum of money to his mother to build house for him on the land he purchased in Lagos many years ago.His mother chopped the money and took a good photgrapher to take photogrphs of a fine house in Lekki and sent to her son.Ola was excited but he was shocked to discover that there was no house like that for him when he arrived Nigeria.Bros AKPABIO DON TIRE ME and akwaibomites home and abroad.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by akpanbaba: 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2012
Mallam Sanusi ,a man who did all these shouldnt have been afraid of opposition because his performance should have spoken for him .Remember he was the most desperate governor in Nigeria before 2011 governorship elections.
Re: Cbn Names Akpabio Best Governor In Infrastructure by arrangee: 2:16am On Feb 18, 2012
Wow, recycled pictures of Le Meridian Uyo, the road to the hotel and an uncompleted bridge are the sum total of grand strides in infrastructure development in Akwaibom! I can;t even believe my eyes. Anybody who knows anything about the guy knows that he buys accolades, Phds, awards, you name it. There should be no surprise that this was just poor attempt at oiling his propaganda machine to cover up for the complete mess he has created in Akwaibom,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools / Ikpeazu Moves To Demolish Illegal Structures In Aba / NBA: We Will Defend Any Nigerian Undergoing Prosecution For Tweeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.