Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Nokia Belle Is Here - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Belle Is Here (61418 Views)

Easy | How To Hack Symbian Phone S60v3 S60v5 S^3 Anna Belle / How To Solve Google Maps Not Working After Symbian Belle Update. / Hack Your Symbian Phone In 3mins(v3,v5,anna,belle) Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2012
temmy.m3:

Thanks for the share man. Downloaded.. flashing in progress. ll play with the firmware now and give my own review 2morow based on my own personal use. by the way, Have u flashed urz with it yet?

I have downloaded the file but havent flashed yet because of a few reports about bugs in the OS.I'll chill a bit before the guys at dailymobile start churning out more positive feedback.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2012
aieromon:

I have downloaded the file but havent flashed yet because of a few reports about bugs in the OS.I'll chill a bit before the guys at dailymobile start churning out more positive feedback.

True. noticed some bugs already, some a bit annoying, but ll wait until tomorow before making a final personal comment.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by whyx06(m): 7:35am On Apr 07, 2012
pls fellas, were can i download pes 2012 on my
Nokia e7
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by whyx06(m): 7:37am On Apr 07, 2012
pls fellas, were can i download pes 2012 on my
Nokia e7....
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2012
Hey guys, i just got an n8 2day and it was preloaded with belle. Oya, start givin me d apps and games to install to enjoy dis machine. Keep n8ing jor...
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
Hey guys, i just got an n8 2day and it was preloaded with belle. OYA START GIVING ME D APPS AND GAMES to install to enjoy dis machine. Keep n8ing jor...

Haa.. u put juju for mouth ni? lolzz. just kidding bro. welcome to the family smiley
1st u need to hack your phone to get the best out of it, dont worry it doesnt do your device any harm, it just makes installation of unsigned applications possible.

2. Get xplore to serve as your file manager

3.Get netquin for virus protection and security

4. Get Mondaycoder Battery info for real and a reliable battery charge level

5.Use Opera mobile (or betterstill opera mini next 7) and not the default browser which is quite data consuming and laggy

6. Dont forget to download the map for your current city or the whole naija if you wish, to save cost and data consumption, also remember to download voice guidance too. its so fun to usesmiley .. Notte that u dont have to always connect to the internet to use GPS navigation on your N8, it has an inbuilt gps and it automatically detects your position quickly when u are outdoor. To stop your device from getting your gps position via gsm network and use only the integrated chip built in, go to SETTINGS-APPLICATION SETTINGS-POSITIONING-POSITIONING METHODS, unmark all except INTEGRATED GPS. Be careful when using WALK NAVIGATION on the road so u wont fall inside gutter or knock ur head for wall o. lol

7. Get HD Games like Asphalt6, PES2011, Dungeon Hunter, Assasins creed, Angry birds etc .. i included some of my top Games in a screenshot below, also u will love playing games with an N8 on your TV screen, i could teach you how to make a 3mm AV cable manually for your N8 if your TV doesnt support HDMI

8. Gets nice live TV Widgets like DSTV Mobile for N8, E! entertainment, NatGeo, Al Jazera.. etc . also there is a MOBILETv app in NOKIASTORE but u need a DVBH headset to use that.

9. Use MSDICT for dictionary (the default one from nokia is crappy) and dont forget your social applications as well (Whatsapp, nimbuzz, ebuddy, 2go etc)

10. Get SWYPE if you type constantly with your phone and you are bored with the default touch keyboard, trust me without swype, i wont be typing long messages in here with a device

Additionally, u can get nice free apps at Nokia Store, but visit http://www.n8fanclub.com for all the apps and games i mentioned above, u will find all what u need in there.

Keep N8ing smiley

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2012
[/b]
temmy.m3:

[b]Haa.. u put juju for mouth ni?
lolzz. just kidding bro. welcome to the family smiley
1st u need to hack your phone to get the best out of it, dont worry it doesnt do your device any harm, it just makes installation of unsigned applications possible.

2. Get xplore to serve as your file manager

3.Get netquin for virus protection and security

4. Get Mondaycoder Battery info for real and a reliable battery charge level

5.Use Opera mobile (or betterstill opera mini next 7) and not the default browser which is quite data consuming and laggy

6. Dont forget to download the map for your current city or the whole naija if you wish, to save cost and data consumption, also remember to download voice guidance too. its so fun to usesmiley .. Notte that u dont have to always connect to the internet to use GPS navigation on your N8, it has an inbuilt gps and it automatically detects your position quickly when u are outdoor. To stop your device from getting your gps position via gsm network and use only the integrated chip built in, go to SETTINGS-APPLICATION SETTINGS-POSITIONING-POSITIONING METHODS, unmark all except INTEGRATED GPS. Be careful when using WALK NAVIGATION on the road so u wont fall inside gutter or knock ur head for wall o. lol

7. Get HD Games like Asphalt6, PES2011, Dungeon Hunter, Assasins creed, Angry birds etc .. i included some of my top Games in a screenshot below, also u will love playing games with an N8 on your TV screen, i could teach you how to make a 3mm AV cable manually for your N8 if your TV doesnt support HDMI

8. Gets nice live TV Widgets like DSTV Mobile for N8, E! entertainment, NatGeo, Al Jazera.. etc . also there is a MOBILETv app in NOKIASTORE but u need a DVBH headset to use that.

9. Use MSDICT for dictionary (the default one from nokia is crappy) and dont forget your social applications as well (Whatsapp, nimbuzz, ebuddy, 2go etc)

10. Get SWYPE if you type constantly with your phone and you are bored with the default touch keyboard, trust me without swype, i wont be typing long messages in here with a device

Additionally, u can get nice free apps at Nokia Store, but visit http://www.n8fanclub.com for all the apps and games i mentioned above, u will find all what u need in there.

Keep N8ing smiley

lol. Thanks man, u're d bomb! Pls, do u knw if i can browse with bis subscription on n8?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
[b][/b]

lol. Thanks man, u're d bomb! Pls, do u knw if i can browse with bis subscription on n8?

You can't.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 11:34pm On Apr 07, 2012
aieromon

Am done with testing Taylor's N8 CFW v5 Pro Edition Bro. has its good and bad..
.Good and eye catching background after flash (included the scrnshot) but some of its widgets aint my favourite (I'm a die hard fan of semi-transparent wdgts).
. Nice to know that the default nokia welcome screen has been brought back to a cfw, also the default sound is kinda loud
. Default belle theme (Evolve) doesnt seem to work
. Nokia video and image editor has been removed. WTH, Taylor deserves some couples of slaps for that. 2 at least
. Screensaver has some minor bugs especially with pictures on devices
. Nice RAM usage, performance is better than the original belle version of Nokia but it aint so awesome as that of the original, or even the previous delight versions
. Taylor almost turned the Core and UDA file into a sewing machine instead of a smartphone firmware, flash and test and u ll see exactly what i mean 'D ... sowie i didnt have much time to test more cos i was busy packing my own personal cFW smiley
. Also be prepared cos u might face some challenges when u are upset and fed up with d firmware and wanna flash into another Custom or original firmware, phoenix might turn its back on u when u are callin for it D and u might have to downgrade to the old symbian3 before u get a final breakthrough, even the default Belle firmware wont give u a single stress.
Conclusion, Taylor's V5 Pro (2012/4/5) is good, but seems Nicesoni's Delight V5.2 (2012/4/3) is better and more stable, although none is as perfect as i wanted so i upgraded my old customised mod. extracting some preferred core/uda contents from Taylor's pro, Nicesoni's Delight and Nokia's Original belle so i made an hybrid Belle firmware but with my own core signature and startupscreen.. smiley ..i think am cool with my firmware having 3 different genes cos am on all the 3 unique part of belle Firmwares, i luv ma N8 the more now. God bless Belle

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 1:59am On Apr 08, 2012
Thanks for the comment.I guess I'll have to wait for other tweaked versions of the leak.I've never been a fan of Taylor's CFW so its up to theone.89 and intxeon to improve on the leak.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by omoboy08(m): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2012
@temmy, where did get aljazeera widget for belle. Ve searched n culdnt c any. Pls can I c d shot
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by Ozegbe(m): 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2012
@temmy how do I use the hdmi...my n8 comes with one cord bit there is no cord with my lg tv, though I see the hdmi port there. Is there a cord I have to buy differently?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 11:41pm On Apr 08, 2012
Ozegbe: @temmy how do I use the hdmi...my n8 comes with one cord bit there is no cord with my lg tv, though I see the hdmi port there. Is there a cord I have to buy differently?

u need an extension cable for the mini HDMI that came with your phone boss. that will be the cable that goes straight to ur TV after u plug in the mini cable to the device. Normally HDMI Cables comes with the TV but not in all cases. i got a free HDMI extension cable as a gift at the nokia store where i got my device though.
U gonna hav to purchase one, alternatively u could get any 3mm-AV cord (u connect that to ur earpiece port and ur TV's AV port) its works good on N8 too, u could as well make an AV Cable of your own for ur N8 if u have an extra AV Cable and an earphone's 3mm pin/connector at home.

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 12:11am On Apr 09, 2012
Ozegbe: @temmy how do I use the hdmi...my n8 comes with one cord bit there is no cord with my lg tv, though I see the hdmi port there. Is there a cord I have to buy differently?

I got my free hdmi cable inside the LG home theatre I purchased.The cable sells for N4000 at Computer Village.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2012
aieromon: Thanks for the comment.I guess I'll have to wait for other tweaked versions of the leak.I've never been a fan of Taylor's CFW so its up to theone.89 and intxeon to improve on the leak.

Not based on the latest leak but am ok with it. smiley

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by 4peace(m): 11:56am On Apr 09, 2012
WHERE can i get this cable and how much

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2012
4peace: WHERE can i get this cable and how much

Its pretty hard to come by except you see someone that wants to sell his N8 piece by piece.Alternatively,you could scout the whole of Computer Village and try your luck.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by 4peace(m): 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2012
aieromon:

Its pretty hard to come by except you see someone that wants to sell his N8 piece by piece.Alternatively,you could scout the whole of Computer Village and try your luck.

thx
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2012
4peace:

thx

Did you buy a Naija used N8 or foreign used?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by 4peace(m): 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2012
aieromon:

Did you buy a Naija used N8 or foreign used?

No

i'm using C7
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2012
@all. Pls i nid d unlock codes for merriam webster dictionaries and audio cambridge advanced learners' dictionary(audio CALD). Pls gimme if u've got it, nid it badly.

PS. I no put jazz 4 mouth o.lol.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 11:38pm On Apr 09, 2012
4peace: WHERE can i get this cable and how much

USB OTG (on the go)
very hard to come by indeed, u can make one for yourself if u know how to use a soldering iron
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2012
omoboy08: thanks dude, its cool.

u welcom boss smiley

1 Like

Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by chukyjones(m): 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2012
Hi all, please i'm having a seroius challange updating my N8 to Nokia belle. The upgrade thru nokia suite has 5 stages, 1. get started 2.back up 3.install 4.restore & 5.Finish
the challenge here is, at the 3rd stage, during installation, the phone restarts and after that, will get the error "connection to the phone lost".
I have done this 1001 times but still d same thing. But in the phones mass memory will be the folder (Nokia_Belle) with lots of sub-folders.
wht do you guys advice?
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 6:57pm On Apr 10, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
@all. Pls i nid d unlock codes for merriam webster dictionaries and audio cambridge advanced learners' dictionary(audio CALD). Pls gimme if u've got it, nid it badly.

PS. I no put jazz 4 mouth o.lol.

Drop your email address and I'll get across to you.Better still,I'll see if I can upload the document here.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2012
^^^Ok, thanks man. My mail is sijiajayi1@yahoo.com
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by aieromon(m): 12:02am On Apr 11, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
^^^Ok, thanks man. My mail is sijiajayi1@yahoo.com

You've got mail!
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by temmym4(m): 12:32am On Apr 11, 2012
chukyjones: Hi all, please i'm having a seroius challange updating my N8 to Nokia belle. The upgrade thru nokia suite has 5 stages, 1. get started 2.back up 3.install 4.restore & 5.Finish
the challenge here is, at the 3rd stage, during installation, the phone restarts and after that, will get the error "connection to the phone lost".
I have done this 1001 times but still d same thing. But in the phones mass memory will be the folder (Nokia_Belle) with lots of sub-folders.
wht do you guys advice?

Some users are facing the same issue with belle update, it is normal for your phone to restart after backup before installation continues, but the pc should detect the phone immediately after restart. I do hope u are connecting the phone to the fully powered USB port nearest to the power house/mother board (at the back of ur desktop or at the exact side where u plugged in ur Laptop charger) and not the other ones, also when the connection goes off after restarting, dont remove the usb yet, switch the phone off with 8sec power button holding, then switch on again. the installation should continue.. U r very lucky getting an error at the early stage of installation, any error when update starts downloading ll surely get u a bricked/dead phone, so consider using a very fast uninterrupted internet connection or betterstill manually flash your phone with belle firmware, which is 100% safer.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by chukyjones(m): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2012
temmy.m3:

Some users are facing the same issue with belle update, it is normal for your phone to restart after backup before installation continues, but the pc should detect the phone immediately after restart. I do hope u are connecting the phone to the fully powered USB port nearest to the power house/mother board (at the back of ur desktop or at the exact side where u plugged in ur Laptop charger) and not the other ones, also when the connection goes off after restarting, dont remove the usb yet, switch the phone off with 8sec power button holding, then switch on again. the installation should continue.. U r very lucky getting an error at the early stage of installation, any error when update starts downloading ll surely get u a bricked/dead phone, so consider using a very fast uninterrupted internet connection or betterstill manually flash your phone with belle firmware, which is 100% safer.

thanks a lot temmy.m3...i think i should change the USB port am using. can i have ur mobile # plz so i could contact u directly if i encounter anymore issue(s). mines'08030737921. Thank you.
Re: Nokia Belle Is Here by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:03pm On Apr 11, 2012
aieromon:

You've got mail!

Thanks man, it worked. I really appreciate it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Tecno S3 Features And Specifications / The 10 Cheapest Android Phones In Nigeria Lowest Below ₦15,000 / Some Of The Most Ridiculous Selfies Ever Shared By Nigerian Youths Online (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.