Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Can I Travel By Road Within USA? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Travel By Road Within USA? (1648 Views)

Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? / How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? / Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Travel By Road Within USA? by lifestyle1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2007
Hello Nairalanders, can I travel by road from New York to Chicago? If yes, how much does it cost?
Re: Can I Travel By Road Within USA? by uspry1(f): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2007
From New York City, New York to Chicago, Illinois, the October-November 2007 prices are as follow below---depend on which city you route to:

By Amtrak train - Ticket $101.00 USD, 18 hours 45 minutes riding.

By Greyhound or TrailWay bus - Ticket $91.00 USD, 18 hours 10 minutes riding.

By flight (based on yahoo travel site) - 4 different flight carriers to choose, from 2 hr 50 min to 6 hrs 25 min flying:
                                             one way ticket: ranging from $84.00 to $192.00 USD,  or
                                             round trip ticket: ranging from $172.00 to $303.00 USD
------Be sure to reserve flight ticket 14 working days advance (earlier) in order to get cheaper fare. The price will be higher on the day you fly to Chicago---usually double or triple price from above price.--------

By rented car (based on Avis) - subcompact car (small car for one person) with GPS navigation system and return drop off the nearest airport (Chicago) $123.99 per day.

REQUIRED: You need your Nigeria driver license, your Debit Card or Credit card and your Nigeria car insurance coverage in order to pay for rented fee and to pick up rented car in the JFK airport. If approved to rent a car, you will drive this rented car from JFK airport where you pick it up that take 13 hours and 3 minutes to Chicago to drop off rented car in Chicago airport. It is 815 miles driving trip.

Good luck entering to the US via JFK airport to get ride/fly to Chicago.
Re: Can I Travel By Road Within USA? by lifestyle1(m): 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2007
Thanks for the reply, but it seems it's better to go by air. i can't be on the road for 18

hours. According to you ranging from $84.00 to $192.00 USD i can travel by air.
Re: Can I Travel By Road Within USA? by almondjoy(f): 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2007
@Topic.

Yes Lord! From coast to coast and from sea to shining sea!  From New York to California and from Alaska to Florida.  No need for directions.  Just use your GPS navigation system. kiss

If you are visiting for the first time or new in town, please try flying. Safer and less aggravating if you do not understand what those yanks or midwesterners are saying!
Re: Can I Travel By Road Within USA? by omoge(f): 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2007
cheap if you buy your ticket few weeks before the day. if not, you pay high.

make sure you compare prices online, check out Airtran.com, delta Air, USAir, etc before you buy and if you are a student, focus on Airtran grin, goodluck.
Re: Can I Travel By Road Within USA? by lifestyle1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2007
Thanks all 4 the advise. I think i will go by air, i was just considering the cost involved travelling by air.
Re: Can I Travel By Road Within USA? by uspry1(f): 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2007
@life_style
You're welcome taking our advice. You are wisely to choose going by air. Wish you the best luck travelling within the USA.
Re: Can I Travel By Road Within USA? by dtwsola(m): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2007
Everywhere in the mainland, except Hawaii. Also you can drive to Canada and Mexico (I think) with a US passport.

Road trips are one of the fun things about America (and Canada), especially when you are young, adventurous, and have entertaining friends. But since I finished uni, I refuse to drive in a car for more than four hours. Anything longer than that, and I'm taking a plane. Plus you don't want to put so many miles on a new car.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Prisoners Abroad Have Rejected Option To Serve Jail Terms In Nigeria / Appeal Allowed / I Need Travel Advice From Adamawa State To Cameroon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.