Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl (7748 Views)

Aggrieved PDP Reps Member-elect Write President Buhari / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by McOmo(m): 1:48am On Oct 18, 2007
What is Yaradua doing about this ? waiting 4 a checkmate ?
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Nobody: 2:22am On Oct 18, 2007
Chei-------------He must have had a close up of Etteh's bosom.

ROFL.
bossom fit kill person?
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by egin(m): 2:32am On Oct 18, 2007
What has Nigeria turned to? It should not come to this.
God help us.

Picture below shows the remains of a member of the House of Representatives, Dr. Aminu Safana, who died after a scuffle in the House on Wednesday, being taken away from the National Hospital, Abuja, to Katsina State for burial. Photo: NAN.

Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Danmasani(m): 2:36am On Oct 18, 2007
what I dont understand is that how can someone in the face of such uproar sit tight in her seat. Haba Wole Soyinka, Gani, Falana, Oshiomole and many other distinguised Nigerians have called for her resignation and yet she stays there like statue. How NLC has said they will "overrun" the House-whatever that means!

We are watching!
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Nobody: 2:42am On Oct 18, 2007
someone please show us a picture of the etteh of a woman.
does she have massive dolly pattons that are confusing the men?
why are they keeping her there?
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Nobody: 2:44am On Oct 18, 2007
If Etteh had any shame she would step down with immediate effect. Now someone has died over this issue may be she will see reason.
Nigeria's moral compass is broken.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by McOmo(m): 3:29am On Oct 18, 2007
I concur ! But if she stills persists in her idiocy then it must mean OBJ has got some things up his sleeve, whichever way it is a lose-lose situation 4 dem !
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by mazia(m): 4:15am On Oct 18, 2007
abeg anybody get pishure of dis woman??
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by aforbaje(m): 4:28am On Oct 18, 2007
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Pain(m): 4:29am On Oct 18, 2007
So the Etteh Saga has taken a Life. Hmm Hell hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned. Wow

Only In Nigeria! sad
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Mustay(m): 6:31am On Oct 18, 2007
this woman is simply a FOOLISH woman.l

i rememba the day of her inauguration; then, e'one was satisfied with her and suddenly, she begin dey JALE and can't control the house again.

PDP is a stupid party too.
DId they 've to wait 4 the man to die b4 ordering etteh to step aside?

All these just goes to put Kutigi and Iwu to shame. Certainly, most of these rascals were never elected
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Mustay(m): 6:34am On Oct 18, 2007
wetin dat guy go tell baba God say im dey do b4 im die?

helping Nigeria or helping part of nigeria sad
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by bibiking1(m): 7:03am On Oct 18, 2007
The casualties of the Ettehgate scandal have started to pile up, and unfortunately the tragedy of the whole situation is beginning to blow up right in all our faces. This whole issue has transcended way past the stage of a woman being victimized; it has now elevated itself into that realm whereby the nation is being held hostage by the forces of stubbornness, ignorance, arrogance and indefinable illiteracy.

The death of Alhaji Haminu Fafana really has set the tone for violence yet unborn to spring forth. This situation has not only made one faction one man less, it has more importantly now made a family one individual less, made children fatherless orphans, a wife a widow, and erstwhile dependents independent.
Now who says this situation does not concern us the masses anymore?
This is as tragic as any national calamity could get, BUT it could become worse.

If this issue gets out of hand, I envisage a situation where communities would start killing and burning themselves as a show of support for one side of the divide on the issue. We would probably even degenerate to the stage where house of representative members start assassinating each other, to right a wrong or wrong a right, as the case may be.

Alternatively we might have a situation where by October next year, the House of Representatives would still be in the process of trying to debate over the Idoko report due to the several recesses and holidays they might have entered into, all in a bid to canvass support for what I will at this juncture term the “politics of corruption”.
The members have successfully politicized corruption and at the same time corrupted Politics, and as a fatal result slowed down development and nation rebuilding that would have been carried out in the country during this period.

The situation of the house of assembly as at Wednesday the 10th of October was one that depicted the ambience that only an election like the one that happened last April can create. The folly of those men and women comes not as a shock to many Nigerians, I particularly did not expect much from people who got to power through violence and muzzling of the people’s suffrage.

For this reason people still doubt the success of this Yar’Adua’s administration, not because of the Man at the head (far from it) rather due to the indubitable fact that he has criminals around him, and of course obstinate and hard-hearted individuals who care for position and power more than they do for the well being of the country.

It’s very ironic when you consider the fact that Alhaji Haminu Fafana now has no more part to play as to who presides over the debate on the Idoko report. How many more casualties are we to record as a nation before this unbecoming obstinacy ceases to be?
The star attraction in this saga obviously is in love with this cacophony that pervades the country at present, otherwise she would have professed her love for the country by doing the right thing that would certainly douse this tension.

Need I say the country is getting a bad name from all of this? The truth is we have come to accept bad publicity as a norm and as such honorable members of the house can afford to make a mockery of themselves on National television without any form of shame.

This is an issue that could blow this country apart, it will only be wise if certain measures are taken quickly before this incendiary burn up the little we have and are grooming for the future.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by bibiking1(m): 7:10am On Oct 18, 2007
This WOMAN is an slowpoke and should be treated as one
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by akara(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2007
@Tundewoods

Do corpses use the toilet or what do I see in that picture you posted. Please pardon my ignorance o.

How are we sure it was not even the man's turn to go and meet his maker for judgment. The woman should just accept and go,
its a pity we dont have suicide bombers yet in this country. I know some good targets.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by oge4real(f): 7:58am On Oct 18, 2007
Madam Etteh should be charged for manslaughter,maybe she would then agree to step down.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by WarfyBoy(m): 8:12am On Oct 18, 2007
d day wey dem inaugurate am, nobody appose am at all, all f dem agree make she stay as Spika, nw she don begin murda dem 1 by 1.

if dt woman kno get scoin 4 head y she no go step down b4 now, abi she dey feel say na only she kno were d strngest juju man dey 4 dis land, THE BATO DON TURN SPIRITUAL, more odechi n more rowlin corpse

d man die na 4 im pocket, afterall na dt tief of a woman im dey support
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by yimiton(f): 8:20am On Oct 18, 2007
This is rather an unfortunate situtation. If our law makers have come to this, what sort of laws will they make to govern us? This is indeed a very sad story. cry embarassed sad angry
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by finekid(m): 8:24am On Oct 18, 2007
Sad
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by WarfyBoy(m): 8:37am On Oct 18, 2007
[center]P a t r i c i a! P a t r i c i a!! P a t r i c i a!!![/center]

na only God go punish u 4 d pain wey u cause d family of dt untrained martial arts

dt kind death no dey pain me at all, e kno even b like person die for my side, e jst b like anoda troubling tree has fallen in d forest

e dey obvious say we kno elect dem b4, na by force dem take enta, na by fall 'em go take komot, imagine those useless men stil supporting her, despite wt she's done

DEATH! Death!! DEATH!!!

only God kno hu is nest

house of REp don turn survival of d fitest

mo kunfu's and Martial, i blive say JET LI go kom shoot im nest film 4 naija ohhh

no film trik 4 dis 1, 1 blow 7 fall

original 9FU

u wan try!!!
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Scopium: 8:38am On Oct 18, 2007
The famous Iron Lady; Margaret Thatcher wasn't famous in such a barbaric manner. Well they said what a man can do a woman can do it even better or do it worse. Trust me no Naija man has tried this ignoble feat before. Eve must be Eve whether clothed or naked.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by omena555(f): 8:54am On Oct 18, 2007
This is really disheartening. what a shame  embarassed  cry
Why can't this etteh woman use her head?? 
Let her vacate that seat for God''s sake!
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by tkb417(m): 9:06am On Oct 18, 2007
The first time i knew that woman is a thief was when their was so much clamour and campaings in the media about a party organized for her in the US.
She defied the noise and still went ahead to celebrate with stolen money. This happened after the House correspondent has told the nation she was going for a medical check-up.

I think she has a mandate to steal and use people's blood to perpetuate herself in power. She must be stoned. Not to death sha.
Ole ole ole. Thief Thief Thief. barawo barawo nie Etteh

Imagine somebody dieing cos she wan steal. Im amazed at her resoluteness in not bowing out. Anini didnt do this much
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by doncnn(m): 9:23am On Oct 18, 2007
i think, time is up for madam speaker, has she not done enough, imagin, in just three months, 3 Reps have died, mennnn that woman has a problem, she just has to go, she is a disgrace to womanhood.
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by RuuDie(m): 9:42am On Oct 18, 2007
I feel a lot of those House of Reps guys are just slighted cuz its a dame thats at the helm of affairs and copping all the cash some of 'em should be getting. . . . . . so they w'anna tell me that if it was guy there, we'd have all this hullabaloo how come nobody's giving the deputy speaker hell 2 or ain't he in this 2 pl'z angry

if Etteh goes, whoever comes in is still g'onna loot and we're not g'onna hear zilch, so let 'em just spare us all the noise. . . . i'm just so sad that the fella that kicked the bucket is a pro-Etteh-ite was hoping it would be one of 'em M****f*** playa haters who don't have the gall to see a woman boss over 'em!

Ride on Etteh. . . . . hang on in there and give 'em hell - buncha' chauvinistic c****ks*****kas!!!
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by naira4doll(m): 9:45am On Oct 18, 2007
;d
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Gogirl(f): 9:50am On Oct 18, 2007
Honestly speaking, our politicians behave like idiotistic people who are lack of knowledge, because, i can't see y that so call Mrs speaker still in the House and our so call Father, brother, killing themselves over nothing, one useless woman that has no shame but to steal and destruct

Mrs Speaker, i must let you know, that the Blood of Aminu Safana will be on You, because you are a shame to the womanhood, i split on you ( i beg una my naijapal, make na help carry this message to her). cry embarassed angry
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by question(m): 9:52am On Oct 18, 2007
[/quote]abeg anybody get pishure of this woman??[quote]

Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by RuuDie(m): 10:02am On Oct 18, 2007
In as much as i agree that looting the treasury is wrong. . . . in fact, it is a SIN, CRIME! call whatever. . . . . . but the fact remains, MEN have held that position 4 so long and have PILLAGED, LOOTED, DESPOILED, REAVE and outrightly RAPED our treasuries, and we haven't heard anybody cry foul. . . . . now that a WOMAN's there its 5 O' clock news time. . . . . Who on that House Floor is worthy of that Speaker sit Which of 'em is honest and righteous enough to sit there
Like Jesus said "he that hath no sin, cast the first stone. . . . " or something like that undecided

abegi Etteh carry go!
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by omuwalyno(f): 10:10am On Oct 18, 2007
Well 4 me i think we really need to pray 4 our country Nijar, cos if any tin happens now we dont have any where to go; and let me remind some of us apart from the fact that one honorable died at about 1.30pm yestday, one is still lieing down at the national hospital and no body 4 now can say maybe his going to survive it or not. And all still boils down to wat i said before dat we need prayers 4 Nijar.

Cheers
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by henry4uall(m): 10:18am On Oct 18, 2007
hmmm, Patricia Ete(h)kete!
Re: House Of Reps Member Slumps And Dies In Etteh Must Go Brawl by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 18, 2007
[center] grin grin ;Now the day is over for Senators lacking sense,for thieves an looters of our Nation's treasures. For Governors and Deputies who think their so defended to be a Victim.Another Legislator committed to Mother Earth I think we Nigerians should hold our peace because God is already fighting for us.We should no longer be at ease Cos the Old cargos and thieves must die for the beautiful ones to emerge.Ettie should not think she's safe to be a victim; shocked[flash=200,200][/flash] the long sword of divine punishment is looking looking around for thieves like her to devour.There should be no mercy for Legislator who don't have mercy for the future of this our GREAT NIGERIA.[/center]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? / Ugwuanyi Canvasses Commencement Of Mining Operations In Enugu …laments “ghost I / BRACED: South South Leaders Launch New Security Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.