Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N (6757 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / The 3 Daughters Femi Olukayode Disowned (Photos) / A.C.N, A.N.P.P And Others Called For Interim National Government In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by lifestyle1(m): 8:31am On Feb 09, 2012
Just saw this on STV  grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 09, 2012
just watch how all them azzlickers are gonna come back with shame written all upon their head few months from now. i pity for ribadu, there's no hope for him again ever. Ribadu your aso rock dreams are gone for good.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by Eltonluigi(m): 9:26am On Feb 09, 2012
Dude lack any ideology, he's just in it for the money.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by wesley80(m): 9:31am On Feb 09, 2012
That's just as well. The ACN always was a liability on Ribadu and remains the biggest dent on his reputation.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by itsme2(m): 9:36am On Feb 09, 2012
Dats d best ACN could do nw, atleast to distance themselves from him, i mean, it is highly irresponsible of Ribadu to have taken up dat job, i knw he said he took d job in hs own capacity blah blah blah, but 4 cryn out loud he s nt jst an opposition, he was d presidential candidate of dat party (ACN),, besides d last time i checkd we r nt running a unity govnment, so he'd better move 2 d PDP cos clearly u cant serve 2 masters at a time.

Ps- i knw ds politicians dont stand by any ideology whatsoever buh dey shld pretend lyk dey do sometimes!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:36am On Feb 09, 2012
wesley80:

That's just as well. The ACN always was a liability on Ribadu and remains the biggest dent on his reputation.

Gbam! well said. wink
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by Reference(m): 9:39am On Feb 09, 2012
If we go down this route where will it end. If ACN is in the centre of power tommorrow and a CPC or APGA or PDP man with certain competencies is engaged to tackle a very critical issue of national importance, he should reject it on what basis, the toga of party politics ??. Nigerian comes first before politics. The institution being investigated is not a political one and affects us all. If the government feels he is the best man for the job so be it. He should drop his party mentality and get to work. Period. Is he called to serve the nation or serve PDP. Is it only PDP that buys petrol or is the NNPC a PDP department. Let us draw the line between politics and governance. It is getting lost on a good number of us. If we go down this route very soon there will be political party banks, industries, tv. stations, and perhaps even fast food joints. Funny.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by ochukoccna: 9:44am On Feb 09, 2012
Reference:

If we go down this route where will it end. If ACN is in the centre of power tommorrow and a CPC or APGA or PDP man with certain competencies is engaged to tackle a very critical issue of national importance, he should reject it on what basis, the toga of party politics ??. Nigerian comes first before politics. The institution being investigated is not a political one and affects us all. If the government feels he is the best man for the job so be it. He should drop his party mentality and get to work. Period. Is he called to serve the nation or serve PDP. Is it only PDP that buys petrol or is the NNPC a PDP department. Let us draw the line between politics and governance. It is getting lost on a good number of us. If we go down this route very soon there will be political party banks, industries, tv. stations, and perhaps even fast food joints. Funny.

No one touches PDP [government] positions in 9ja and comes out filth free.
Ask Wole Soyinka
Lateef Jakande
Tai Solarin
Fill in the rest
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by stormm: 9:44am On Feb 09, 2012
wesley80:

So joining the PDP will burnish  his reputation, abi? Clown
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by jedisco(m): 9:45am On Feb 09, 2012
Absolutely wrong move. This shows us that ALL these opposition parties are regional parties with regional ideologies.

Waiting to see the opinion of ACN supporters on this.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by means(m): 9:52am On Feb 09, 2012
This is a presidential system of government. The president can appoint from within his party, opposition or even non-party members.
Some people do not see anything good no matter what, In the US, the secretary of defence Obama inherited from Bush has been with his administration until recent appointment of Panetta.

GEJ's appointments have been good. Or tell me, who else fits in Finance Minisstry? Dieziani Madueke has been in the oil industry for a long time. She knows. People seem to sabotage every of his effort for reasons best know to them.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by dbride: 9:55am On Feb 09, 2012
Let's speak truthfully to ourselves. Ribadu was the presidential candidate for action congress, how many action congress states voted Ribadu? Why deceive ourselves; Ribadu cannot be deceived either.  Ribadu was first dumped by action congress at the polls and so he is a free man. Let him be.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by ochukoccna: 9:57am On Feb 09, 2012
@ Reference, your position would be ideal in a clime where the govt is all about service
Christ always tells his followers to repent in a bid to reconnect to God
Has PDP made any effort to cleanse itself of corruption? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Was it not in 9ja a PDP minister say of Bola Ige 'We invited him to come and chop, he's making noise' shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is it that ministries are not catering outlets? grin grin grin grin grin
Is it not in 9ja that a convicted PDP bigwig left prison for a church 'thanksgiving' service and an afterparty all on national TV? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
And to think you expect the YY cybercafe hustler to repent? [not that I'm justifying him]
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by Reference(m): 10:01am On Feb 09, 2012
This is not politics. Afterall he rose to popularity under a past government led by the PDP. In that government he was not a politician but a professional but it was the ACN that made political capital out of his professionalism so why the query now. The government is just trying to revert him back to his prfessionalism, put the square peg back into the square hole. Let's be honest does Ribadu look like a politician in any way shape or form. I personally am not too convinced about the man neither do I credit him entirely with any little success the EFCC garnered. I always feel more for the institutions surrounding individuals and not just the operatives hence my serious doubts about the level of success he will enjoy. However if the ACN feels they own the man can they lend him to the country and kindly take him back in peace after his tenure is over.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by goggs(m): 10:18am On Feb 09, 2012
dbride:

Let's speak truthfully to ourselves. Ribadu was the presidential candidate for action congress, how many action congress states voted Ribadu? Why deceive ourselves; Ribadu cannot be deceived either.  Ribadu was first dumped by action congress at the polls and so he is a free man. Let him be.

[size=15pt]You took the words outta my mouth! It was Ribadu that was dumped by ACN. Afterall this is an oppotunity to regain his credentials by being honest, OPEN and expose the rot in the system. Nigerians will be grateful for that. We need people who have excelled and can walk the talk, not paper tigers. this is the chance for Ribadu to rebuild PUBLIC TRUST IN HIM.[/size]

Reference:

This is not politics. Afterall he rose to popularity under a past government led by the PDP. In that government he was not a politician but a professional but it was the ACN that made political capital out of his professionalism so why the query now. The government is just trying to revert him back to his prfessionalism, put the square peg back into the square hole. Let's be honest does Ribadu look like a politician in any way shape or form. I personally am not too convinced about the man neither do I credit him entirely with any little success the EFCC garnered. I always feel more for the institutions surrounding individuals and not just the operatives hence my serious doubts about the level of success he will enjoy. However if the ACN feels they own the man can they lend him to the country and kindly take him back in peace after his tenure is over.

[size=15pt]I concur with most of what you are saying. However may I say that institutions don't develop themselves. They are built by dedicated people first before they become strong enough to be what they are supposed to be. The strength of any institution is the result of the commitment of its founding fathers - those who lay the ground rules impartially and set the tone for how the institution will be run [/size]
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by Baawaa(m): 10:24am On Feb 09, 2012
That is politics,they will soon settle it
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by karlmax2: 10:24am On Feb 09, 2012
Lwkmd ACN has added cry babies to their CV how can they disown what they don have in the first place after the drama they had with ribadu after the election. I guess ribadu would be sticking out his middle finger to ACN
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by badaru1(m): 10:26am On Feb 09, 2012
Why do we always deceive our selves? Was it not the same ACN that help to install Jonathan? Ribadu was dumped when he needed the party most. Tinubu asked his supporters to vote for PDP at national level and ACN at the state level when Ribadu was left without.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by Nigerd(m): 10:29am On Feb 09, 2012
Am Highly disappointed in ACN Leadership!!!

Thats to show how selfish they are,

They only believe in themselves,

I am beginning to regret voting for them in the past Elections
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by Okijajuju1(m): 10:32am On Feb 09, 2012
ACN should go and hug Power Plant.

Ribadu is broke and needs money.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by GP15: 10:45am On Feb 09, 2012
PDP does not belong to Nigeria, It belong to all of us,

It is a call to national service,

Thank you Ribadu for accepting this offer, f***ck ACN
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by omo9ja1(m): 10:50am On Feb 09, 2012
Reference (m)
Nigeria

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N
« #6 on: Today at 09:39:47 AM »

well said Nigeria come first, we all know that Ribadu can not be a president at this time so his free to work for any govt
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by hercules07: 10:51am On Feb 09, 2012
You guys are just being funny, ACN is right to distance itself (though I support Ribadu serving with reservations), they are in the opposition and their presidential candidate should have notified them of his intention and should resign from the party if he is going against his party's wish. We need an opposition that is ready to stand on its own.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by executinal(m): 10:52am On Feb 09, 2012
And somebody will wake up to tell me that ACN is an opposition party to PDP?? ACN is a toy party, PDP will continue to dominate Nigeria election untile we have two party system and not all this tribal party system cool
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by ochukoccna: 10:55am On Feb 09, 2012
ochukoccna:

Ask Wole Soyinka
Lateef Jakande
Tai Solarin
Fill in the rest
Reuben Abati too [sad to see becoming Ebele's mouthpiece turns you into his rabid attack dog and you lose all modicum of respect people had for you. Have you seen his tirade with Dele Momodu and Sahara Reporters is exposing him?]
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 09, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 09, 2012
Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N

Eh yaaaaa.

I never knew that Ribadu was owned by ACN!!!

Ans now they have disowned him.  cry  cry  cry

Em em ,  em . Ahh! Poor Ribadu, who will own him now?

Okay, Ribdau come let me own you.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by dmainboss: 11:12am On Feb 09, 2012
ochukoccna:

Ask Wole Soyinkaur hol
Lateef Jakande
Tai Solarin
Fill in the rest

I didnt know PDP has been existing since since 1980. You have crawled out of your hole again, abi? So Tai Solarin worked in PDP government? You are officially a big kpof kpof!

And I didnt also know that ACN states are corruption free. Some of you ACN supporters have becoming so delusional, you are now hallucinating! It is very pathetic but definitely not suprising. You lot are bare faced hypocrites. But I know Ribadu is wiser than you lot. Imagine after Tinubu went to Abuja to negotiate for himself to become the vice presidential candidate to Buhari and even asked Bakare to sign a letter of resignation, you come here and talk bullcrap. Ewu!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by chino11(m): 11:37am On Feb 09, 2012
ACN my yansh. grin

Aziwaju Congress Party.

Owambe useless Yoruba party grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by babaowo: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2012
see drama! By fugitive politicians.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Disowned By A.C.N by Reference(m): 11:59am On Feb 09, 2012
[size=15pt]I concur with most of what you are saying. However may I say that institutions don't develop themselves. They are built by dedicated people first before they become strong enough to be what they are supposed to be. The strength of any institution is the result of the commitment of its founding fathers - those who lay the ground rules impartially and set the tone for how the institution will be run [/size]
[quote][/quote]

Yes,we are saying the same thing but you have to understand that institutions are never completed so you will be hard pressed to credit individuals for their successes or failures. What I mean by the institutions surrounding individuals is for example. I cannot entirely blame Ribadu's failures on him or his staff. He was appointed by someone, was paid by someone who largely dictated the tune. We accuse him of failing to prosecute certain people without considering the role of the Police Force, the Judiciary, the Executive (his employers) and the people of Nigeria (his largest constituency). These are the bodies that come together to forge anti-corruption institutions or destroy them. Any weakness in the above parties and the operatives in it fail. You cannot have an effective anti-corruption agency without having the majority on board and the minority at the sharp end of the stick whether they are operatives or not. The problem in Nigeria is that the good guys are in the minority.

As it concerns this case the opposition ACN does not have to do everything to make the present government fail to prove a point. Opposition also means vetting actions and querrying inactions for the greaer good of the country. If they were to win in 2015 will they accept a failed petroleum industry till then to prove they are the better party. If they are wiser they can even make political capital out of it saying it is our man, our flagbearer that salvaged the situation so vote him in 2015 for President. Let's put this thing in perspective and draw the line between politics and governance or as a nation we will never maximise our potentials. Not everything is broom and umbrella.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BayelsaTV Ends Live Programme After Guests Criticised Govt's Inefficiency / Police Ban Knock-Out This Season / Dele Giwa's Mother Dies At 87

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.