Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Starting A Pigry Farming Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Pigry Farming Business (9029 Views)

How To Start A Rice Farming Business In Nigeria - Make Millions! / How To Start A Mushroom Farming Business / Fish Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Pigry Farming Business by murphy387(m): 8:02am On Feb 10, 2012
Hello houes,
i actually need somebody to educate me on how to start pig rearing business, pls i will be very gratefull to anyone who can give me the necesary info about the business,

thanks.
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by duzz: 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
Send email at matheworama@gmail.com for quotation for our complete sow barn model and grow-out barn models
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by lanreecom(m): 12:33am On Feb 12, 2012
I'M JUST SEEING THIS NOW, REALLY I CAN GIVE YOU SOME VALUABLE INFORMATION THAT WILL REALLY HELP YOU TO PLAN & MANAGE YOUR PIGGERY BUSINESS VERY WELL (I have successfully managed a medium scale pig farm before). STAY WITH THIS THREAD, I'LL DROP YOU SOME HINTS BY 2MORO EVENING.
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by fasa2020(m): 11:05am On Feb 12, 2012
Bookmarked ! I will be back !
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by knowledge4(m): 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2012
I will share my knowledge from tomorrow.
About two kilometres from my home is the largest pig farm in Africa
I visit there often and have learnt quite a lot from neighbours and church members who have pens there.
Its a highly rewarding business but also a risky business too.
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by lanreecom(m): 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2012
@murphy387, How IS your pig farm plan? my first question IS : have you secured a land space, and how big is the space? - (like 1/2 plot or 1 plot size)

my second question is: Is your space located in the developed residential area or in a 'bushy' undeveloped or partially developed area? it is important for you to answer this questions, it 'll enable me give you the best of advice that 'll help you to take a wise decision from the start.

i'll be waiting to read your response before we continue, CHEERS!
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by Thethy(m): 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2012
If you like to start grasscutter farming, I will help. THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS, Tel: 08023050835 , 07033632285.

Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by oderemo(m): 4:35pm On Feb 13, 2012
@thethy must you foul other ppls thread with your stupid crasscutter promotion. the op is quite eager to raise pigs and you are here selling grasscutter. lets respect ppls opinion.
thanks.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by Thethy(m): 8:20pm On Feb 13, 2012
@ ode remo, what if I ask you to try http://prospectofsnailfarming..com/ and http://freeinformationongrasscutterfarming..com/ as I know they are much more profitable and less risky compared to your pig farming - Olede.
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by ayodele123(m): 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2012
Really, i do not understand how some nairalanders behave.
The OP here is seeking information about piggery and another is bringing up his snail adverts.
What has snailery got to do with piggery on this thread?

Thethy
Please create a seperate thread for your snail & grasscutter business and those interested will come there.
Snailery may be more profitable and less risky than piggery as you said but go prove it on your thread, not here.
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by knowledge4(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2012
I am not a pig farmer but have related with pig farmers.
Close to my home is the largest pig farm in Africa set up by Lagos State NDE in the 80s
If you start with four females and one male, you may get up to 30-40 piglets twice a year from the four females.
Each female can produce 6-10 piglets in one delivery and can deliver twice in a year.
In Pig farming, you should have knowledge of the following:
Production system
Pig farm management
Pig farm equipment and housing
Pig feeds
Disease control
Marketing
Weaning
As i said, i am not a pig farmer but from my association with pig farmers in my area, i have an idea about piggery. One thing i know is that there is high demand for the pigs.Buyers come from as far as Cameroon and Togo to buy lorry loads of pigs weekly.
Most of the pig farmers are wealthy guys who made their money in the business starting from scratch. It is a very dirty and stinking business but the money does not smell anyway.
More on this later

4 Likes

Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by walek84: 9:08am On Jul 07, 2012
@ knowledge4
I quite enjoy every bits of information up gave out on pig biz though i wasn't d 1 dat requested 4 it earlier but i quite appreciate it and i we love if there still more u want to offer. Thanks
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by femiseun1: 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
The most important part of the start-up is land and housing for the pigs.
It is better you go to piggery estates and get a place there for easy marketing and learn from other farmers easily instead of buying all these manuals with fake ROI projections. U either go to oke-aro or ikorodu and pay the farmers there to teach you so that u will learn on the farm.

But remember u will need money to invest so that u can get a good returns on the long term and the work no easy o.

I am currently building one 60 x 30 ft 10room pen in ikorodu myself. if u feel like seeing the pics i can show u

1 Like

Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by einfo: 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2013
Thank you so much for the information. It was quite helpful. Pig farming in Nigeria is a profitable venture.
http://www.makemoneynigeria.com/pig-farming-business-nigeria-guidelines-start/
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by makinde3: 12:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
interesting
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by Tosade01(m): 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
femi_seun: The most important part of the start-up is land and housing for the pigs.
It is better you go to piggery estates and get a place there for easy marketing and learn from other farmers easily instead of buying all these manuals with fake ROI projections. U either go to oke-aro or ikorodu and pay the farmers there to teach you so that u will learn on the farm.

But remember u will need money to invest so that u can get a good returns on the long term and the work no easy o.

I am currently building one 60 x 30 ft 10room pen in ikorodu myself. if u feel like seeing the pics i can show u

Thanks for the info, what iƨ̣̇ the least amount one can start with.
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by Tosade01(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
femi_seun: The most important part of the start-up is land and housing for the pigs.

Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by Tosade01(m): 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2013

Thanks for the info, what iƨ̣̇ the least amount one can start with.
Re: Starting A Pigry Farming Business by docchuks(m): 2:04pm On May 06, 2015
Pig Farming Business is yet another wonderful income stream that can affect your finances explosively in the positive.

(1) (Reply)

CBN Eyes $10b Revenue From Palm Oil / How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? / How Do I Convert Airtime To Cash??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.