Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused (9623 Views)

Uk Visit Visa Refused,plss I Need Help / Uk Visa Refused For Deception And Imposed 10 Year Ban / Netherlands Visa Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 9:30am On Feb 10, 2012
i was refused a canadian visitor visa last month
and the officer said i should re apply when my startus changed this left me confused
and i want to reapply next week as i ve got other back ups to back ma previous application
guys i need advice on what to do.plsssssssssss
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by ojdollars(m): 11:43am On Feb 10, 2012
obaseki11:

i was refused a canadian visitor visa last month
and the officer said i should re apply when my startus changed this left me confused
and i want to reapply next week as i ve got other back ups to back ma previous application
guys i need advice on what to do.plsssssssssss

@obaseki11, have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before? What category of Visa did you apply for? How long did your application took before it was ready for pick up? What was the reason they state for your denial? Go on and throw more light on how you applied, so that others can advice you accordingly.
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2012
ojdollars:

@obaseki11, have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before? What category of Visa did you apply for? How long did your application took before it was ready for pick up? What was the reason they state for your denial? Go on and throw more light on how you applied, so that others can advice you accordingly.
yes so many times as i am replying to you now i am in china
and i am married to a canadian i met in china both of us came back on xmas time
and i applied on dec 12 and i picked it up on jan 18
but the only thins that was in my application package is laters from my wifes perents and laters from the school where she teach
and her statement of account.
so when i came back on xmas i send those documents with ma passports and intl pp.
though we ve not wedded before then cos we wedded on 29th of dec,so now the main point they re saying is that i dont show my strong ties to nigeria money and other assets as i dont have much money in my account but my question again is can my cousines company which i deal with sponsor me?even as a married man?i dont have much personal assets in nigeria but my cousine have,thanx for advice
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Davedavy: 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
obaseki11:

yes so many times as i am replying to you now i am in china
and i am married to a canadian i met in china both of us came back on xmas time
and i applied on dec 12 and i picked it up on jan 18
but the only thins that was in my application package is laters from my wifes perents and laters from the school where she teach
and her statement of account.
so when i came back on xmas i send those documents with ma passports and intl pp.
though we ve not wedded before then cos we wedded on 29th of dec,[/b]so now the main point they re saying is that i dont show my strong ties to nigeria money and other assets as [b]i dont have much money in my account but my question again is can my cousines company which i deal with sponsor me?even as a married man?i dont have much personal assets in nigeria but my cousine have,thanx for advice

Unfortunately you do not have strong ties to Nigeria.Since you guys are already married,why don't you apply for spousal visa instead of visiting visa?
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Vicjustice: 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2012
obaseki11:

. . .[/b]they re saying is that i dont show my strong ties to nigeria money and other assets as i dont have much money in my account but my question again is can my [b]cousines company which i deal with sponsor me? even as a married man?i dont have much personal assets in nigeria but my cousine have,thanx for advice
   No, your cousin's company can not sponsor you, not even your own company can do that; except the purpose of your trip is for the company otherwise, you need a personal account for sponsor, not a company account.
   And besides, as your intended travel is for tourism, the embassy might not want to accept any sponsor but yourself for such a pleasure trip, but it would be fine had it been you won a promotional offer for the trip or some other sort of programmes. But since you're going for pleasure, you are expected to be able to take care of your own expenses otherwise, they fear you might vanish once in Canada.
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
Vicjustice:

No, your cousin's company can not sponsor you, not even your own company can do that; except the purpose of your trip is for the company otherwise, you need a personal account for sponsor, not a company account.
   And besides, as your intended travel is for tourism, the embassy might not want to accept any sponsor but yourself for such a pleasure trip, but it would be fine had it been you won a promotional offer for the trip or some other sort of programmes. But since you're going for pleasure, you are expected to be able to take care of your own expenses otherwise, they fear you might vanish once in Canada.
@vicjustice i am a freequent traveler to china and vietnam i am running a business with my brother and my question is,
can i use the letter heading of my brothers letter of incoporation ie letter heading stating i work with him how much i make monthly.though my acc is not active as i dont bank much in nigeria but my acc is active since last december cos i had lots of things to spend money on.
also is 3months bank statement ok?
between can i submit it with about some balance of 600,000?knowing i am going to stay only one month.
though my wife is residing here in china and we and i will be re applying with her contract certificate.
any esperience pls help.going to reapply next month.
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Vicjustice: 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
obaseki11:

@vicjustice i am a freequent traveler to china and vietnam i am running a business with my brother and my question is,
can i use the letter heading of my brothers letter of incoporation ie letter heading stating i work with him how much i make monthly.
   There would be nothing wrong for a company that employs you to write make a declaration with its letter-head document, but i do hope your payslips and bank statements support same

obaseki11:

. . .though my acc is not active as i dont bank much in nigeria but my acc is active since last december cos i had lots of things to spend money on.
   It is OK to support your application with an international bank statement, but you need to also be banking in Nigeria if you're applying from Nigeria otherwise, the visa officer would deem that you don't have enough ties in Nigeria: You account needs to be active with transaction, if your account is standing in isolation, that would be a strong reason to refuse your application.
Note: The visa officer does not care about what you spend your money on, they are concerned about how much is available for your trip and how much would be left for you to live on

obaseki11:

also is 3months bank statement ok?
   Though 6 months bank statement is the requirement, but 3 months would do if the transactions are transparent enough with nothing to question

obaseki11:

between can i submit it with about some balance of 600,000?knowing i am going to stay only one month.
though my wife is residing here in china and we and i will be re applying with her contract certificate.
any esperience pls help.going to reapply next month.
   That would depend on the costs of your everything; but if you're purchasing your flight ticket from it, and you're staying in a hotel plus other expenses from the 600k, then, i'm afraid the amount might not be enough to get you the visa.
   Honestly, if i were you, i'd take the visa officer's advice and apply again only in due time
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2012
Vicjustice:

There would be nothing wrong for a company that employs you to write make a declaration with its letter-head document, but i do hope your payslips and bank statements support same
   It is OK to support your application with an international bank statement, but you need to also be banking in Nigeria if you're applying from Nigeria otherwise, the visa officer would deem that you don't have enough ties in Nigeria: You account needs to be active with transaction, if your account is standing in isolation, that would be a strong reason to refuse your application.
Note: The visa officer does not care about what you spend your money on, they are concerned about how much is available for your trip and how much would be left for you to live on
   Though 6 months bank statement is the requirement, but 3 months would do if the transactions are transparent enough with nothing to question
   That would depend on the costs of your everything; but if you're purchasing your flight ticket from it, and you're staying in a hotel plus other expenses from the 600k, then, i'm afraid the amount might not be enough to get you the visa.
   Honestly, if i were you, i'd take the visa officer's advice and apply again only in due time
my friend you re so right my brother who is the person handling our business in nigeria his account is very much active.
though can he write saying he will be responsible for ma flight tickets?will he include that on the letter of introdution?
between the reason why i want to visit canada this summer is to visit her perents and people
if we dont travel this summer we may end up not going for a long time as we have other things to do that will take our times
the later of invitation from her perents says their re responsible for every expenses when we re there so no paying for hotels n stuffs
i have series of transactions in december and january and while i am here in china i i told them to be paying some money into the acc but not somuch as paying in like 500k at once may look suspiciouse and also will i add my marriage cert?thanx for ur response bro
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Vicjustice: 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
obaseki11:

my friend you re so right my brother who is the person handling our business in nigeria his account is very much active.
though can he write saying he will be responsible for ma flight tickets? will he include that on the letter of introdution?
   Such a letter would hold no water, you are not going to Canada to study or for a course, you're going there for personal fun, and remember that tourist/visit visas are issued on personal credibility; therefore, as a qualified independent adult you would be expected to prove your accountability and capability: presenting someone as your sponsor may ruin your reputation and overall assessment.

obaseki11:

between the reason why i want to visit canada this summer is to visit her perents  and people
if we dont travel this summer we may end up not going for a long time as we have other things to do that will take our times
   It's not by power nor by might, but by meeting the requirements; you may only end up loosing your money.

obaseki11:

the later of invitation from her perents says their re responsible for every expenses when we re there so no paying for hotels n stuffs
   This would be good, but ensure that they make formal declaration of their intentions and accommodation details

obaseki11:

i have series of transactions in december and january and while i am here in china i i told them to be paying some money into the acc but not somuch as paying in like 500k at once may look suspiciouse and also will i add my marriage cert?thanx for ur response bro
   Paying untraceable money into your account is not good enough, in fact, such activities might even put you into trouble; what the visa officer wants to see in your statement of account is the income of your salaries/wages and outgo of your expenses, not just money lodgement from sources that can not be traced: in the eye of a Canadian visa officer, such account may be considered criminal
And yes, as a married man, your marriage certificate will be required even though you're going for ordinary visit
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 7:56am On Feb 11, 2012
pls any one with more experience on what i should do shld trow more light pls guys i really need your help.@vicjustice i dont have a payslip cos i often earn ma money in cash,between am i going to use my brothers letter of incoporation?as letter heading?
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Hotstepper(f): 10:17am On Feb 11, 2012
They might refused u based on no ties to Nigeria thinking u might go nd stay there with ur wife. Let your wife rite u a letter of initation starting how long u ppl tend to spend in Canada etc. meanwhile, get ur wife to start filling out ur sponsorship application so U ppl can submit it

1 Like

Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Vicjustice: 10:24am On Feb 11, 2012
obaseki11:

pls any one with more experience on what i should do shld trow more light pls guys i really need your help.@vicjustice i dont have a payslip cos i often earn ma money in cash,between am i going to use my brothers letter of incoporation?as letter heading?
  Are you looking for someone to encourage you to loss your money or you're looking for advice based on the situation in hand?
  Well, if you think my "experience" is not good enough let's hope you find others with your desired experience.
  Now, if you don't have a bank statement that shows your income-salary/wages from work, and you don't have the payslips of same, how would you prove your stated salaries/wages?
  Well, i'm afraid your bank statement does not meet the requirement and you can't get a visa with such account statement.
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 11:06am On Feb 11, 2012
Vicjustice:

Are you looking for someone to encourage you to loss your money or you're looking for advice based on the situation in hand?
  Well, if you think my "experience" is not good enough let's hope you find others with your desired experience.
  Now, if you don't have a bank statement that shows your income, and you don't have the payslips of same, how would you prove your stated salaries/wages?
  Well, i'm afraid your bank statement does not meet the requirement and you can't get a visa with such account statement.
lol@vicjustice i appriciate your help here but it seems i we dont get each other here.
my account have been busy since last september and what i dont get is does it matter how much is in it?or the transactions going on?on the very account?
is it wise to tell them to pay in some money into the account instead of sending them here for me?
though i really appriciete you advice my friend thanx alot.
and one other thing is what useful is the letter of incoporation going to be for me?
do you have any idea on how to use it?
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Vicjustice: 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2012
obaseki11:

lol@vicjustice i appriciate your help here but it seems i we dont get each other here.
my account have been busy since last september and what i dont get is does it matter how much is in it?or the transactions going on?on the very account?
is it wise to tell them to pay in some money into the account instead of sending them here for me?
and one other thing is what useful is the letter of incoporation going to be for me?

"Now, if you don't have a bank statement that shows your income-salary/wages from work, and you don't have the payslips of same, how would you prove your stated salaries/wages?
"
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2012
obaseki11:

Did you even read what VIC has posted? You are not getting it and you are asking same questions that you have asked already.forget about the incorporation letter and go the clear route. Haba, how is that difficult to understand?

Take a deep breathe and read Vic's posts. Your answers are there.
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Vicjustice: 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2012
jennykadry:

Did you even read what VIC has posted? You are not getting it and you are asking same questions that you have asked already.forget about the incorporation letter and go the clear route. Haba, how is that difficult to understand?

Take a deep breathe and read Vic's posts. Your answers are there.
Thanks for coming to my rescue cheesy grin cheesy I love you kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2012
tongue@ vic i appriciate but pls if u can give me ur email id i will be grateful
i will like to chat with you some time to let u know some other personal things i wouldnt want to talk here online
thanx once more you re a friend. wink
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2012
obaseki11:

tongue@ vic i appriciate but pls if u can give me ur email id i will be grateful
i will like to chat with you some time to let u know some other personal things i wouldnt want to talk here online
thanx once more you re a friend. wink
Tongue@ vic i appriciate but pls if u can give me ur email id i will be grateful
thanx once more you re a friend. Wink
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by suxes2006(m): 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2012
@OP, VIC has given you all you need to know about Canada.

BTW: did they complain about travel experience in your refusal letter?
The best visa would have been the marriage thingy,

SHALOM
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 4:57pm On Feb 11, 2012
suxes2006:

@OP, VIC has given you all you need to know about Canada.

BTW: did they complain about travel experience in your refusal letter?
The best visa would have been the marriage thingy,

SHALOM

@ suxes u re right vic is very nice and encouraging fellow
but i am not going as a woker i am going as self employ but as some one who lack experience of how cic embassy works
for some times my bank account wasnt active until last september.
but what i am asking is can i give them a 4months statement of account?
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 11, 2012
@OP You say you are married to Canadian, what you need to do or what she needs to do is file for residency for you, because since you married to her and you eligible to apply for residency permit not visitation. All that stuff they told you about account was just stories. Come on now, u are married to Canadian, y applying for visitation, when you are qualified to apply for residency. Secondly Canadian embassy don:t play, u have a good chance to get residency based on ur marriage, let her file for you in canada and your interview will be scheduled at the canadian embassy in ghana. Now if the company belongs to you, you can use your statement but if you work for someone you can not expect their company to sponsor except you applying for a student visa or going for an official trip for the company. Also you are a married man, its not possible for your brother to sponsor you, if you old enuff to get a job then there is no reason for for your bro to sponsor u . ciao
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 5:12pm On Feb 11, 2012
ogugua1:

@OP You say you are married to Canadian, what you need to do or what she needs to do is file for residency for you, because since you married to her and you eligible to apply for residency permit not visitation. All that stuff they told you about account was just stories. Come on now, u are married to Canadian, y applying for visitation, when you are qualified to apply for residency. Secondly Canadian embassy don:t play, u have a good chance to get residency based on ur marriage, let her file for you in canada and your interview will be scheduled at the canadian embassy in ghana. Now if the company belongs to you, you can use your statement but if you work for someone you can not expect their company to sponsor except you applying for a student visa or going for an official trip for the company. Also you are a married man, its not possible for your brother to sponsor you, if you old enuff to get a job then there is no reason for for your bro to sponsor u . ciao
cheesy cool
thanx man now u re getting me lol
my wife and i re living here in hongkong and we dont plan leaving now got me?
so i want to visit her familly this summer we re married in nigeria last xmas
so before then i did not include my marriage cert and i did not include my statement of acc.
nd i was refused.
but what i am asking is with an avrage of 700k in ma account is it ok for a statement?
and will 4months statement of acc due?
thanx somuch my man.
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by suxes2006(m): 5:15pm On Feb 11, 2012
obaseki11:

@ suxes u re right vic is very nice and encouraging fellow
but i am not going as a woker i am going as self employ but as some one who lack experience of how cic embassy works
for some times my bank account wasnt active until last september.
but what i am asking is can i give them a 4months statement of account?

Oh since you guys are living in HK, then you should apply
from there now. I guess it will be better like that since you
are not illegal in HK and they will even treat you better than
here

SHALOM
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2012
obaseki11:

cheesy cool
thanx man now u re getting me lol
my wife and i re living here in hongkong and we dont plan leaving now got me?
so i want to visit her familly this summer we re married in nigeria last xmas
so before then i did not include my marriage cert and i did not include my statement of acc.
nd i was refused.
but what i am asking is with an avrage of 700k in ma account is it ok for a statement?
and will 4months statement of acc due?
thanx somuch my man.

U need 6months statement and 700k is not okay at all. See this is my own advise, if you live in HK and you have residency there , i thin ur best bet is to apply from there, give them all the d docs they need. why coming to nigeria to apply sef, guy pls do it in HK abeg. you got home chances out there.
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2012
ogugua1:

U need 6months statement and 700k is not okay at all. See this is my own advise, if you live in HK and you have residency there , i thin ur best bet is to apply from there, give them all the d docs they need. why coming to nigeria to apply sef, guy pls do it in HK abeg. you got home chances out there.
yes man ishld have done that if i am permited my paper will be fine by next year june so u see the long times mean while as things re now i must apply from nigeria nnow
so thats why.
and i am goin for just 1month and every damn expensis willl be taking care of by my wifes perents.
so u mean 700k is not enough?
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Davedavy: 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2012
@poster

You have been given all the advice you need on this thread but let me make it simpler for you to understand.Visa officers deny non immigrant visas because of these reasons:

1) Strong ties to the country you are applying from (your country of residence)i.e possession of a resident abroad which you have no intention of abandoning
2) Your ability to take care of yourself during your trip i.e non recourse to public funds.

Now lets take it one by one.

1) Strong ties to the country you are applying from

How do you intend to satisfy the visa officer that you will return to Nigeria?"Ties" are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your country of residence: it can be your possessions, employment, social and family relationships.
Let's take this one by one again
possessions : Do you have any in Nigeria?.
employment : You stated you are not really employed in Nigeria since you do not live in Nigeria.right?
social and family relationships : You are married to a Canadian.

Now do you think you have strong ties to Nigeria?

2)Your ability to take care of yourself during your trip i.e non recourse to public funds
If your parents in law are going to sponsor your trip (accommodation,feeding etc). Then you are okay based on this aspect.

To sum it all up;Do not apply in Nigeria if you can not prove strong ties to Nigeria,and the fact that your parents in law will be sponsoring your trip further weakens your ties to Nigeria.
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Delta007(m): 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2012
I think there's a misconception here that needs to be corrected.

There mere fact that an individual is married to a Canadian spouse does not necessarily make him/her eligible for the Canadian Permanent Residency program under the Family Class. The sponsor (Canadian Spouse) has to be living in Canada or has to show an intent with proof that he/she intends to reside in Canada. In this case, the OP has stated that he and his wife do not intend to reside in Canada. This means that he is not eligible for the program. He may as well apply for a visitor's visa if he just plans to visit.
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obaseki11: 2:36am On Feb 14, 2012
Davedavy:

@poster

You have been given all the advice you need on this thread but let me make it simpler for you to understand.Visa officers deny non immigrant visas because of these reasons:

1) Strong ties to the country you are applying from (your country of residence)i.e possession of a resident abroad which you have no intention of abandoning
2) Your ability to take care of yourself during your trip i.e non recourse to public funds.

Now lets take it one by one.

1) Strong ties to the country you are applying from

How do you intend to satisfy the visa officer that you will return to Nigeria?"Ties" are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your country of residence: it can be your possessions, employment, social and family relationships.
Let's take this one by one again
possessions : Do you have any in Nigeria?.
employment : You stated you are not really employed in Nigeria since you do not live in Nigeria.right?
social and family relationships : You are married to a Canadian.

Now do you think you have strong ties to Nigeria?

2)Your ability to take care of yourself during your trip i.e non recourse to public funds
If your parents in law are going to sponsor your trip (accommodation,feeding etc). Then you are okay based on this aspect.

To sum it all up;Do not apply in Nigeria if you can not prove strong ties to Nigeria,and the fact that your parents in law will be sponsoring your trip further weakens your ties to Nigeria.

i own a shop some where in lagos i bought about 4mln naira
i still maintain the shop with 2boys and a sales girl,
i can boast of having at least 900k in my account.
i have the receipts i used to buy goods from my customers in china and hongkong.
my mum and dad and all other bros n sis re in nigeria
, so is this not enough?wont this be enough for them to know i am capable?
which other things do you think it will boost my chances more?i am 35yrs of age
and we re not thinking of immigrating to canada in about 8yrs time.
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by Vicjustice: 9:19am On Feb 14, 2012
obaseki11:

i own a shop some where in lagos i bought about 4mln naira
   The shop you own in Lagos would be a good tie, but does it have authentic official documentation that would be acceptable by the visa officers and may be considered a tie to Nigeria?

obaseki11:

i still maintain the shop with 2boys and a sales girl
   The "two boys and a sales girl" employees, are they employed on official papers?

obaseki11:

i can boast of having at least 900k in my account.
   You keep insisting on how much you have in your account, from 600k to 700k, and now, it has become 900k: and yet, you admitted that your account is not getting income from your salary nor from any other documented source, but rather you have someone lodging money into it. I've explained that such account would be a good reason to refuse your application; i don't know why you keep insisting on it

obaseki11:

i have the receipts i used to buy goods from my customers in china and hongkong.
   Those receipts are irrelevant, the Embassy is a consular office and not a Custom office

obaseki11:

my mum and dad and all other bros n sis re in nigeria
   You're a 35 years old married adult, so, your mum and brethren can not possibly represent your tie to Nigeria

obaseki11:

so is this not enough?wont this be enough for them to know i am capable?
which other things do you think it will boost my chances more?
   Your documents are what determine whether you're  capable or not

obaseki11:

i am 35yrs of age
and we re not thinking of immigrating to canada in about 8yrs time.
   How do you convince and satisfy the visa officers of this?
Re: Help Canadian Visit Visa Refused by obigin43(m): 9:25am On Feb 14, 2012
op u re just wasting ur time by repeating ur self over and over
u dont want the truth cos it is bitter to hear
if u keep on telling us this same story it wont change anything at all
let me ask u this,why re u in the haste to go and visit  canada
why not build ur account to reasonable amount or apply for resident
pls try do as u hv been adviced in this forum b4 members get fed up on ur post cos it getting more irritating now.

(1)

Foreign Airlines Reap $700m From Ticket Sales In 8 Months In Nigeria / NRC To Start Trip On Aba-Port Harcourt, Lagos-Kano-Kaduna By Second Quarter / No Menial Jobs Abroad Can Build Mansions In Nigeria. True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.