Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

What Do I Do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do? (8356 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do I Do? by taryour(f): 2:50pm On Feb 13, 2012
@chaircover
yes the film is indeed intrestind. And when stephen okereke had to deal with her boyfriend van vicker for jiltin her after 7years of living together and how rita dominic the supposed lucky one ended up with a bisexual man. Very lovely film.
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2012
taryour:

@mutter
you have made a whole lot of sence in your post.

@jennykadiri,i see no reason why mutter shuld be banned for posting such sensible post.you seem to have forgoten this is africa,Nigeria to be presise were we women are lovin and caring to both our husbands and kids. You dont just opt out of your marriage cause of some tiny girls in skirt who wants to break our home and destroy love that exist between father and children. Unlike in oder countries were they just go for divorce,in Nigeria a true virtous woman would give her best and fight tooth and nail to keep her home intact and never go for a divorce except in exceptional cases which i dont see in this. If every woman as thus and just go for divorce then am sure 85% of the population in the world would be of single parent and broken home. No mother in this life ever prays to raise thier kids out of a broken home and those that are product of a broken home DO NOT have good tails to tell.
My stay on marriage is as long as kids are involed,when you face challenges in your marriage,you do not only consider youself but consider more of your kids. No woman wants to have 2 or more kids for diffrent fathers.

I would give you a good reply the minute you start making sense
Re: What Do I Do? by taryour(f): 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2012
@jennykadiri
am realy shaking my head for you right now jenny,i have been watching every of your post and i cant help but shake my head for you again and again. Do you realy think there is sence in what you are saying? I pity you ooo. grin
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2012
taryour:

@jennykadiri
am realy shaking my head for you right now jenny,i have been watching every of your post and i cant help but shake my head for you again and again. Do you realy think there is sence in what you are saying? I pity you ooo. grin

And you make sense?

Following me? Another one of my fans, please I am not twitter, stop following my posts. Thank you
Re: What Do I Do? by taryour(f): 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2012
@jennykadiri,
i make much more sence than you do,alot more sence than you.am still shakin my head for you.
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2012
Good, then spell/type it right, it's "sense" and not "sence". Watch the way you shake your head though, you really don't want to have a headache because of me.

Have a nice day sweetheart. wink
Re: What Do I Do? by taryour(f): 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2012
@jenny
mrs perfect english teacher,spell check my spellings well o.you not worth giving me headache at all.The last thing i would ever want to be is your fan. I am not a feminist and i would never be. grin
Re: What Do I Do? by mutter(f): 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2012
taryour,
neither is Jenny wink
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2012
debrief08:

Didnt mean it that way, like i said earlier my emphasis was on the womans zero tolerance for nonesense. It was a really cool movie, wish there was a way i could send u a copy cos the woman among the group of women was the only one always bold enough to face issues head on. She never for a day played the victim, she was always bold and smart, a lot of women will want to be like that but lack the courage. Sometimes we may clash but I have and will always admire how bold and secure you are, you may not nknow it but its a gift. We have a culture of bending and managing so its cool to see someone who knows what she wants and does it anyway not minding what society says.

Ta, my parents taught me to be strong, I am an exact replica of my mum while my father is the most quiet man I have ever known in my life. Don't you think I wonder why those two opposite attraction are still married till date? How the hell does he even cope with my mother, gosh that trouble making woman grin
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2012
@ Mutter, thanks for your post on this subject, I found it very interesting and felt a need to respond to some things. No attack on you meant o. Just a different perspective on the situation.

I cannot but pity the husband- it may sound weird.
This man confessed that he was in an EMOTIONAL relationship. Which so much as means he had someone who loved him and understood him and vice versa and all the rest that differentiates humans from animals.

I agree with you Mutter that the man was in love with this woman. I don’t get why people are calling him a serial cheater when no evidence of such has been presented. Shebi serial cheater means he cheats with several women? It seemed like he loved this woman and was maintaining her as his mistress.

This is where my agreement with your post ends.

I cannot but pity the husband- it may sound weird.
Your post is full of I , I this , I that , I forgave. I missed the WE. You needed to have addressed the main problem that your husband had found love outside his home. Yo needed to have set him free to be with his love or tried to find the love you guys once had.
Your whole write up and actions you took are those of someone protecting their property. not of a woman trying to find love again with her husband.

Why pity the husband? He went of his own free will to act on his emotions. Why did she need to address the problem or be the one to set him free to be with his love? Why are you putting the responsibility on her. HE should have ended his marriage to be with his new found love. That would have been the more responsible thing to do. By the way, how do you know the extent of the OP’s discussions with her hubby. Why do you assume they did not try to address this issue? Are you forgetting that the husband said he ended the relationship?

You even took of 4 months without the issues being cleared.

Why are you and several other people saying this? Op said that at the time she went away for 4 months she believed the relationship to be over.

Why should you go and confront the woman at her working place? You overstepped your boundaries .hat is why it was okay for your husband not to have embarrassed her there.

Again OP said at the time the woman insulted her at work, she thought the relationship was over. She did not say she went there to confront the woman.

But I also think it is senceless thinking a man or woman is your proerty and is obliged to stay with you, when every emotion is dead.

No, you can’t pin this on her. The husband should have moved on when his emotions died instead of deceiving his wife that they didn’t by staying with her and promising to end the other relationship.

You should have invested more time loving and caring than controling and fighting.

No, her husband should have invested more in loving his wife, or being truthful to her and tell her he had no plans to end the relationship so she is free to do what she will, or do the bold thing and let her go.

Your husband is in love, not cheating on you.

What? He is doing both.

To me, I believe the op has done what needs to be done. She confronted him when she found out, he said he had ended it. She believed him, she confronted him again when she found out he was still cheating and now she is seeking ways to move forward. There is nothing more I expect of her. The lying, cheating husband on the other hand. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Do I Do? by Outstrip(f): 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2012
Feminist is now an insult. It really irritates me when a woman with a strong opinion is considered a feminist for all the wronf reasons. It annoys me more when it comes from a woman.
Re: What Do I Do? by mutter(f): 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2012
ileobatoja, you are right in most things, but i was addressing the woman not the husband. He does not benefit from whatever is written here.
Re: What Do I Do? by queensmith: 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2012
Mutters post was full of bull trash. Nothing but an apologist for disgisting behavoir.
Re: What Do I Do? by mutter(f): 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2012

Queen can you please break down. I cannot understand you.
Re: What Do I Do? by ronkebp(f): 8:43pm On Feb 13, 2012
@ POSTER forgive your husband again, (70 *7), and let him know that you are so leaving him when he disrespects you in that manner again, give him another shot, since he is apologetic and not giving you the ''you can do your worst mannerism''.

As for that girl, leave her, we will soon read her post how her own husband is cheating on her with their househelp.
Re: What Do I Do? by Daresh(f): 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2012
@ mutter, first of all, an emotional relationship doesnt not mean they were in love. There were phone calls and text messages, you know the initial toasting stage. Second took four months off to have a baby, I'm sorry but try as hard as we did, the baby just had to come out and at that point, I honestly believed that things were fine because we werent having any issues about her. Third, we had serious emotion as I said I was pregnant so it meant we were doing it, you get me. No one is ever under any obligation to stay with anyone for any reason. I asked if he wanted me to leave when it started and he begged me not to go so I'm guessing he wanted to eat his cake and have it. I have always loved and NEVER tried to control anyone, like I said and he said, it was a difficult time and he let things get out of hand (like he said). Note that the relationship has been over for almost a year but I just found out WHO it was at the shock of it being someone that had caused a tiff btw us already was really the shock. So I'm working things out and reading what everyone has to say

@ ronkebp, I'm seriously waiting to hear of when I hear her hubby slept with the maid or her sister, as I hear, Karma's a biatch!
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 13, 2012
Hhmmnn!
Re: What Do I Do? by ronkebp(f): 1:08am On Feb 14, 2012
Richvkunt:

Hhmmnn!
Richy ' hmnnnn' here n there, I tire for you. cheesy wink smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Do I Do? by agiboma(f): 1:53am On Feb 14, 2012
@ OP Im currently in a loveless marriage with a serial cheat of a husband. Your husband also seems to be a serial cheater and he will definetly do it again, so dont beleive the "I am sorry it wont happen again line". Look realistically @ the end of the day you got two options

1.) Remove your heart from this relationship and stay with him, if you like open up your relationship and get a boyfriend, while you raise your children in the same house with this man
2.) Get a divorce, move out and break your family up.

Its not an easy decision to make but only you can decide what is best for you and what you can live with or without. GL to you
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 14, 2012
Outstrip:

Feminist is now an insult. It really irritates me when a woman with a strong opinion is considered a feminist for all the wronf reasons. It annoys me more when it comes from a woman.

Lol. You have no idea. Any woman with a strong opinion is a feminist, how daft can people really be? Nigerians definition of non  feminist is when you have no opinion whatsoever and just go with the flow but if you do otherwise, you are a feminist

Dumb azzed eediotssss
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 14, 2012
agiboma:

@ OP Im currently in a loveless marriage with a serial cheat of a husband. Your husband also seems to be a serial cheater and he will definetly do it again, so dont beleive the "I am sorry it wont happen again line". Look realistically @ the end of the day you got two options

1.) Remove your heart from this relationship and stay with him,[b] if you like open up your relationship and get a boyfriend, while you raise your children in the same house with this man[/b]2.) Get a divorce, move out and break your family up.

Its not an easy decision to make but only you can decide what is best for you and what you can live with or without. GL to you

Wow, What a post. hmmmm
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 14, 2012
Happy Valentines day to all of you, husbands, wives, boyfriends girlfrends, kids and parents. Life is too short to spend it miserable oh. A marriage that is loveless serves no purpose. May God help you find a way. My heart goes out to people in loveless relationships today, I remember spending several miserable valentine days alone hurt and trapped as a married woman, but today i thank God cos it took a bad patch to help me never take for granted the love God has blessed me with now.
Being miserable believe me no matter how noble your intentions are is not worth it, better be alone and miserable than be with someone and still feel lonely and miserable
Re: What Do I Do? by wizlady: 10:55am On Feb 14, 2012
my dear is the nature of men you just have to bear if you are both man and wife especial if you both have kids consider the children and keep dealing with it try your best as a woman and most of all sick God help continue speaking to your husband kindly God have the heart of every human God can change things if you believe and have faith, God bless have a nice day. cheesy cheesy[color=#770077][/color]
Re: What Do I Do? by baby6: 11:04am On Feb 14, 2012
Honestly, i think a topic needs to be opened about what women go true in marriage.
i only wonder who and who would be willing to be honest about what they have tolerated in theirs'.
@ poster, if u are a real xtian, it would have showed in ur post.
my advice is to get to God, to teach u ow to forgive and forget truely.
Only Him can teach u what to do, not coming here to let pple whose marriage urs is eta than advice u.
pls take ur eyes off the lady in question and make God ur first love.
i wish u the best. pls learn to cast all ur burdens on Him.
Not come here to seek pple's opinion.
prayer is the key.
good luck.
Re: What Do I Do? by wizlady: 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2012
baby i am not the one that seek People opinions please mind your speech and read carefully bye.
Re: What Do I Do? by baby6: 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
@wizlady,
i was not referring to u,
no offense intended.
just as u came in to drop ur thout, so did i.
Re: What Do I Do? by Outstrip(f): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2012
debrief08:

Wow, What a post. hmmmm

Tell me about it
Re: What Do I Do? by ronkebp(f): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2012
agiboma:

[b]@ OP Im currently in a loveless marriage with a serial cheat of a husband. Your husband also seems to be a serial cheater and he will definetly do it again, so dont beleive the "I am sorry it wont happen again line". Look realistically @ the end of the day you got two options

1.) Remove your heart from this relationship and stay with him, if you li[/b]ke open up your relationship and get a boyfriend, while you raise your children in the same house with this man
2.) Get a divorce, move out and break your family up.

Agiboma you are really suffering in this your marraige oooo, marraige no be by force by fire oooo, open your eyes, get a good paying job and be a responsible woman, this arse licking will not take you anywhere.
Re: What Do I Do? by agiboma(f): 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2012
debrief08:

Wow, What a post. hmmmm

Ahh yes I know you could not resist could you. @ least the other groupie ingnored my post, ohhh but not you ehhh. You have your views debreif i have my own I'm in my relationship based on understanding. You choose to be with your husband because of love and that's your business. I personally would not marry or stay in a relationship because of love and that is my personal choice. Some people choose to stay in relationships because of money, everyone has their own viewpoint so you may not respect my decision but you dont have to attack on every thread, just ignore it like the rest of your crew has done thus far.
Re: What Do I Do? by ronkebp(f): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2012
^^^^^^^^^So you are in your marraige for money and not love ? hmmm!!! wonders shall never end!!!
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2012
when I told you's that agigboma is a stoopid low life eediot, BB was here preaching john 3: 16 to me

Very silly eediot, very silly
Re: What Do I Do? by agiboma(f): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2012
ronkebp:

^^^^^^^^^So you are in your marraige for money and not love ? hmmm!!! wonders shall never end!!!

I said i was in a marriage based on UNDERSTANDING, of which i wont elaborate or go any further on that.
jennykadry:

when I told you's that agigboma is a stoopid low life eediot, BB was here preaching john 3: 16 to me

Very silly eediot, very silly

Ahh yes i was waiting for you jenny or bornvita or whatever your calling yourself these days, in short you are the idiooot , the biggest fool ever, I seen your type before you more-on, the  type that is hung up on loosing your boyfriend when you where 15 to someone hot chick. Sometimes i wonder if your a child about the age of 10, because you certainly come across very immature and unenlightened.  The only idot here is you and your crew aka the ambassador's for divorce on nairaland. Furthermore i am not the first woman to stay with a serial cheat of a man and i wont be the last so get that through your thick skull if possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Did Your Husband Propose? / Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? / Moved Out Of My Parents House Today And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.