Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Easy And Free Nigerian Online Business Idea You Can Use Right Now - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Easy And Free Nigerian Online Business Idea You Can Use Right Now (957 Views)

Banking $100-$300 Daily Using Instagram- Completely Easy And Legit. / One Business Idea You Must Tap Into In 2016 / How Google Is Killing Nigerian Online Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Easy And Free Nigerian Online Business Idea You Can Use Right Now by mkakan(m): 11:42pm On Feb 10, 2012
I recently discussed this idea with a friend . I call it the  “local town website”.

In this post ,I am going to elaborate on the idea and how viable it can be.

What Does A Local Town Website Mean?

A local town website can be compared to a local newspaper .it only publishes or concerns itself with information ,news, events and anything happening in a specified geographical location.
That locality could be likely be the capital of your state or any place you choose.

What Will You Be Publishing On The Site Or Blog?

Like I said, news, events ceremonies etc happening in your locality. You could see it as town’s own CNN or your city’s version of BellaNaija.
Who Would Be Your Target Readers? Who Would Be Visiting Your Blog Or Site?
Your likely readers would be residents of your town ,indigents of your state living in other towns , people in other towns close by ,indigene of your state or town living in other countries and general people interested in any kind of information in your town.

How Would You Make Money From It?

Let’s look at offline magazine for ideas-you will be likely making money from:

1. Coverage Of Ceremonies And Events

You can start talking to people organizing ,marriages to pay a certain sum to get their events covered and posted online for everyone to see.

2. Naming Ceremonies
You can also cover and publish naming ceremonies for a fee.

3. Other kinds of ceremonies like coronation , parties ,graduation , commissioning etc can be covered and published for a fee.

4. Advertisements 
Another way you can make money on this type of site is with advertisement. This could be in the form of Google Adsense or direct adverts .
But remember adverts only work when you have traffic . If your site becomes popular, you can start soliciting for advertisement from companies and businesses around your town.

How Long Would It Take Before One Can Start Making Money With Type Of Site?

Frankly , I don’t know. A few weeks or a few months maybe.(This is not anything new. Money online is not made overnight)

What Equipments Is Needed For This Type Of Site?
Basically , you would need a good digital camera (or a good camera phone),a camcorder or video recorder (a good video phone can do)
This is needed to basically take pictures and record videos. Later as your site or blog grows ,you can pay someone to do all that for you.

How Can You Set Up A Blog Like This Online?

All you need is a WordPress blog.

Apart From This What Skills Would You Need?
Well for one ,you should be able to write well, because it’s like being a journalist . You might also need ,video and image creating and editing skills.
Hey ,don’t be scared ,you can learn all of this from a little practice or get someone to do them for you.

What Should You Call Your Site Or Blog? What Domain Name Would You Use?
For a domain names ,I will use a name people would love to check out. It has to be brand able and easy to remember.
Something like “Town name Celebs” .example like MkCelebs , LagosCelebs ,UyoWire , NaijaWire ,etc.

What Would You Do To Ensure Success?

I would do the following :
a. Set up a YouTube account for the site and post videos on it
b. I would build a list of subscribers by asking them to sign up for daily, fresh news from that locality .
c. Build a brand for yourself by covering some top events for free then use than to entice other potential customers.
Generally , you need to promote your site and build traffic for it to be profitable.

Conclusion

Now this is just an idea . I am going to swear that it is 100% fool proof way to creating a blog or website and making money from it but it is a unique idea that will stand out and likely succeed.
Re: Easy And Free Nigerian Online Business Idea You Can Use Right Now by uchdollar111: 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
The idea sounds really cool to me, NL what do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Email Guaranty Trust Bank Scam / Fresh Graduate :I Need A Job. Help! / Generally - Women Are Bad Managers/ Customer Care Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.