Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Did God Create Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create Hell? (20293 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? / When Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Create Hell? by allonym: 6:09am On May 09, 2006
There is more evidence to the argument that God created hell.

According to the bible, God created all things and through him, all things which exist were made. If thats not enough for you. . . I don't know what is, but lets go on.

According to the bible, God cast satan out of heaven into hell. This implies that hell already existed. Since before satan's rebellion, there were no other beings to cast into hell or angels to create hell as a dwelling place, God MUST have created hell beforehand.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by DaHitler(m): 7:42am On May 09, 2006
allonym, thanks for keeping up the good fight. These people are sell-outs. In their hopes of getting "Heaven" they shamelessly worshipped the gods of the Aryans and Arabs. It would not be an under statement to refer to their actions as prostitution.

I am not in any way implying that the traditional gods are right. I am merely saying that all possible indications from sturdying various groups of people point to the fact that religous is only a means to answer questions that we all have. Sadly, regardless of how many people you get to believe a lie, it will still never be true.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by xkape(m): 8:52am On May 09, 2006
allonym:

There is more evidence to the argument that God created hell.

According to the bible, God created all things and through him, all things which exist were made. If thats not enough for you. . . I don't know what is, but lets go on.

According to the bible, God cast satan out of heaven into hell. This implies that hell already existed. Since before satan's rebellion, there were no other beings to cast into hell or angels to create hell as a dwelling place, God MUST have created hell beforehand.

This is completely untrue, read ur bible before making spurious statements. God cast satan down to EARTH, not hell
Re: Did God Create Hell? by Logical(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2006
Afeni:

allonym, thanks for keeping up the good fight. These people are sell-outs. In their hopes of getting "Heaven" they shamelessly worshipped the gods of the Aryans and Arabs. It would not be an under statement to refer to their actions as prostitution.

Maybe your might want to explain the reason why you claim what they worship are just gods of a particular race, but come to think of it, God is a diety? A creator of the Aryans and Arabs if I am allowed to say right?

What is wrong with worshipping the creator of Aryans and Arabs that also happens to be the creator of humanity? Can you please explain? And please don't go on saying "The bible say this, the bible said that, ", I want you to reason for yourself and give answers to what you have said, because the bible didnt say the creator of Aryans and Arabs can't be worshipped?

Am I missing something?
Re: Did God Create Hell? by TayoD(m): 8:54pm On May 09, 2006
xkape,
I am quite impressed by your introduction to this topic.  It is quite enlightening and I'm sure a lot of Christians have no clue about the civilization that existed here on earth before Adam came into the picture.  I believe you probably didn't go in-depth for want of space and probably due to lack of relevance to the topic at hand.
That been said, I think there are some things that need to be clarified.  While i can't tell you when hell was created, the Bible at least indicate that it is located in the ground.  Aside from this, there are 3 compartments altogether that the Bible mentions are in the ground Ephesians 4:9.   Two of those are mentioned in the story of Lazarus.  Hell or Hades is where the rich young ruler found himself while Lazarus found himself in the bossom of Abraham.  I don't believe Lazarus found himself in Abraham's Bossom because he was a direct lineage of Abraham, rather it was because he was also a man of faith.  Remember that Abraham is called the father of faith.  Hades/Hell from this story is a place of torment and Abraham's bossom is a place of rest.
The third compartment will be found in the Book of Jude and the Bible called it Tatarus.  This is the place where all the disobedient angels are being held.  These angels were locked up "in chains of darkness" after the flood of Noah because they tried to pollute the human race. 
As for Abraham's Bossom, it is no longer populated because Jesus took all the occupants with him to heaven during his ascension.  This is what the Bible refers to in the Book of Ephesians 4:8 as "He led captivity captive."  You will also remember that when Jesus was risen, people saw a number of this old testament saints in and around Jerusalem.  Jesus took them with Him on His triumphant entry into heaven.
obviously, there's a lot to talk about. but I'll give more gist later.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by xkape(m): 7:47pm On May 10, 2006
@ Tayo D
Thanx. I believe most of ur comments are spot on, especially those about the various compartments of what we know as hell. About the civilizations before adam, i have heard just little gist about it. I havent been able to determine from the bible for myself one way or another so i would be glad to see what u have to say about it.
cheers.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by TayoD(m): 12:41pm On May 12, 2006
xkape,

I'll try and give you the gist by weekend.  I'm a little busy now.  As a starter, you can read Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28.  You will find some things there to help.

Cheers.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by Seun(m): 2:46am On Oct 02, 2006
xkape, it's funny how I missed this thread completely. The crux of your argument is that there are certain laws of existence that are greater than God, right? That there are certain laws of nature that God cannot break? Right?
Re: Did God Create Hell? by macalurs(m): 4:43am On Oct 02, 2006
I've asked and asked. I shall ask once more.

God knew that adam would eat the fruit in the garden of eden, why then put it there, right in the middle,  when he created and wove their minds to think the way they did,  gave 'em 3yr old minds made them as guilable, does it mean man was not predictable enough as mentally backward as they were?,   sounds more like God wanted man to fall~ 

Man makes choices based on his predispositions,  genetic encodings and imprints from his environment. There is no such thing as "free-will",  man is a vacuum without his environment. There is no free-will in a vacuum.

It makes no sense when an ardent muslim converts to christianity or any other religion for that matter. Belief is belief,  faith if u will. It has nothing to do with accuracy or coherence of facts presented to one by a certain religion. It has all to do with those pieces of information which is drummed into ones head the hardest, regardless of how absurd and moronic it is.  Check-out Nazi teachings. Someone is like  "I would never do any such to my fellow human being " uuum, yes you would,  given the same circumstances as they as have research proven; what does that tell u about men and their "choices"?

~  and then God turns around and say man sinned against Him? Isn't that sadistic? or is there a game somewhere?
Re: Did God Create Hell? by KDK(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2006
@ allonym,
I see your point.

@hot coco,
you better give your life to christ before you realise the truth that this earth is no hell.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by Seun(m): 11:05am On Oct 02, 2006
Assuming that God is powerless to prevent hell from becoming a place of torment for human beings, he must at least have known what would happen before it happened. If so, then he shouldn't have created hell or Satan.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by olabowale(m): 11:17am On Oct 02, 2006
Those who think that Hell is on this earth, please tell us the location. infact show it to us, its physical location; is it in the European, African, South American, Asian, the American , Australia or other continent. Where really?

Those who think that they are presently in hell, right now because of their financial, social, emotional or other factor, when they see Hell as the place of abode for disbelievers of the Oneness of The Lord of all creations, they will wish to go back to live that miserable life that they had lived on this earth. But it will be too late!

Hell is already created, just like paradise is. God is all powerful, in control of everything on earth, in heavens and in between and beyond our understanding. For those who limit the power of God, this simply amount to disbelief.

The life in this world is a test; to discriminate between the obedient and the disobedient. Are you trying to be obedient or are you knowingly or ignorantly disobedient? It is our duty to find the right guidance. You do that by not associating anything with God, because is One, not two, three or more. There is God and nothing is accident of occurence or happens by chance. Do you notice the impeccable order of all things?

No one had eyes on the knees, nor the heard sitting outside the skin on the arm. No one has fingers on top of the scalp! Adam and his wife are already forgiven by their Lord. This is the way God has taught mankind the process to seek forgiveness from Him. God will forgive all sins, except disbelief; associating anything with him or claiming that He does not exist.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by allonym: 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2006
Seun:

Assuming that God is powerless to prevent hell from becoming a place of torment for human beings, he must at least have known what would happen before it happened. If so, then he shouldn't have created hell or Satan.

Ok - let me clear up a few things.

#1. Foremost in God's plan for humanity is free will. Without that, nothing else that God did would remotely make sense to us.

#2. Hell exists currently as the dwelling place of Satan and his demons. Currently no human beings are there - they only go there at the return of Christ.

#3. The torment that people go through in hell is not of being BURNED - the bible does NOT say this at all. The torment people go through is because they are separated from God. The bible repeatedly states that being apart from God is the worst thing that can happen to a person.

#4. So, because we have free will, we must be able to choose between God. . . and not God. If God did not have an alternative, then we couldn't exercise free will, because there would be no other choice.

This is what the bible says about the lake of fire (which people erroneously assume means burning torment for eternity)

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

As you can see, being cast into the lake is death. A second (and final) death. It is not forever. I'm sure if more people take time to read Revelations, they'll quickly see that the bible only mentions three people for torment: Satan, his beast, and his anti-christ.

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by macalurs(m): 11:47pm On Oct 02, 2006
"No one had eyes on the knees, nor the heard sitting outside the skin on the arm. No one has fingers on top of the scalp! Adam and his wife are already forgiven by their Lord. This is the way God has taught mankind the process to seek forgiveness from Him. God will forgive all sins, except disbelief; associating anything with him or claiming that He does not exist."

@wale-olabo

ur argument here is invalid. if God is omini-everything, incomprehendable like u believe, then u're not permitted to know anything about him or his existence. "No one had eyes on the knees, nor the heard sitting outside the skin on the arm, " and u call that order? I'm getting just a lil confused, just a lil bt
Re: Did God Create Hell? by ijele(m): 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2006
Hello all yo ma hommies,Am back from the dungeon, so what's been happening since I left da house?
Re: Did God Create Hell? by xkape(m): 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2006
@seun

Yes

God cannot break HIS OWN laws. It only makes sense.

The bible explicitly says it is impossible for God to lie. That is one example
Re: Did God Create Hell? by macalurs(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2006
undecided I dunno about that
xkape:

@seun

Yes

God cannot break HIS OWN laws. It only makes sense.

The bible explicitly says it is impossible for God to lie. That is one example
Re: Did God Create Hell? by KDK(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2006
@ SEUN,
Why do you have so much hatred against God? angry When I read some of your posts I see elements of Cognitive dissonance. You can prove me otherwise.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2006
The answer is here: Why I Am Not A Christian Anymore. I don't hate God.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by tokumbor: 4:23am On May 28, 2008
Mr allonym check the meaning of FREEWILL as nicetohave said.
it was given to Adam by love. once again please check the meaning of freewill.
it will give you some insight.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by tokumbor: 4:28am On May 28, 2008
Mr allonym check the meaning of FREEWILL as nicetohave said.
it was given to Adam by love. once again please check the meaning of freewill.
it will give you some insight.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by huxley(m): 8:23am On May 28, 2008
You may want to peruse my take on the thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113947.0.html#msg1971669
Re: Did God Create Hell? by syrup(f): 9:51am On May 28, 2008
Just visited there and left a short note to keep it in mind. wink
Re: Did God Create Hell? by Cabeca: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2008
As I read this post, and see that it has been for a long time, I figure you, guys are interested in hell and its origin.

I see that allonim presented a good battle and no with out understanding

GOD is Omnipotent (Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.)

We can conclude from that "GOD knows everything even before it happen"

He took counsel even before He created man, "And God said, Let us make man, " (Gen 1:26) and by that HE took responsibility of his creatures, giving the sacrifice before the foundation of the earth. (Rev 13:cool even more, the names of the ones that were call to be save existed before the foundation of the earth (Rev 17:cool ", whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world,"

SO Did GOD Created Hell as a direct act of creation "NO" Did GOD knew hell will be a consequences of sin and dead? YES. GOD is not the author of sin, just as he is not the author of darkness, but he is the creator of light and HE, by consequence of light knew darkness will take place. SO directly and indirectly He is creator of everything. did GOD knew that man will sin and for that reason be entitle to hell, "YES" even before man was created.

Nothing has surprise GOD, so to say that GOD did not indented something but it did happen just as ALLONIM said before "it is call blasphemy".

This morning GOD wake up, and the world it is exactly as he planned, exactly as he saw fit since before the beginning of time.
Read Mathew 24.

But just as GOD created the just for his own pleasure "The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. (Pro 16:4)"

ALLONIM, GOD is not trying to convince you that HE is GOOD, HE IS GOOD, HE is not running for GOD and expecting you to approve him o vote for him.
HE IS GOD "Be still, and know that I am God:" (Psa 46:10)

He created you and gave you all those abilities that you have so you have a glimpse of his majesty, no the creation, which is beautiful, but within your self.
Many believe that because of "FREE WILL" they choose GOD, they are crazy, they were not free, neither they choose GOD, "And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; (Eph 2:1) A spiritual dead person can not and will not choose GOD, because the so mentioned FREE WILL of ADAN was loose to sin and since then in sin had every one been conceive, and so slave to.

GOD is not trying desperate to save people and being frustrated by them because of sin. you were right when you said "GOD do what HE wants to do" and for you to understand that is a great revelation.

GOD is GOD either you accepted or not, I know that for many sound unjust that GOD will save some and let other to their own "FREE WILL" which belong to the devil and for that reason will reunite to him at the end.

GOD has reveled to you some, which many "Christians" will not believe or understand but you understand that. You are never understand or comprehend GOD completely but the little glimpse that GOD send to you, it is a blessing, not all get it, and nobody is entitle to receive it.

GOD is at the throne, and HE is reigning in Power. Would you accept you sin and surrender to him? I am not saying would you choose him, because that is impossible, but would you surrender to his majesty, to his perfection, to his mercy? Would you receive His grace and trough faith be save?
Re: Did God Create Hell? by JPot: 8:21am On May 15, 2009
Good post Cabeca, that means I agreed with most of it. cheesy

Allonym, can you please answer this one question:

Who has the bigger stick, you or God?

The core of all your arguments is I'M RIGHT AND GOD SUCKS. This is not so, actually most of the time its the other way around. God is ALWAYS right. Always true. Always good. Always just. If God made 3 billion people and sent them into something 3 times as bad as hell just for pleasure (notice that God doesn't do that), he would still be JUST. He is the standard, he sets the rules, regulations, all he does is commendable. God is God. "I am who I am."

Get it now? The real question isn't "Why did God make hell knowing people would end up there." The question is "Why did God make a place for us in heaven?" "Why did God tear himself apart (by sending Jesus into hell) so that I could be saved?"

Kill your pride, it will answer a bunch of questions that you have inside.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by fayahsoul: 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2009
God does not exist outside of his/her creation. If he/she is the supreme being then the substance with which he/she uses to create anything came from within him/herself not without. The creator is the created. There's no separation, all is connected to the all.

So if God sends whom ever he/she created(satan, demons, man etc) to hell then God will also feel/experience the torment first hand.

ps: There are instances in the bible when God walked and talked amongst men. . .and this is a contradiction because an entity that is supposedly omnipresent cannot at the same time be at a specific location.

Religion is devotion to confusion.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by JPot: 7:45am On Aug 25, 2009
ps: There are instances in the bible when God walked and talked amongst men. . .and this is a contradiction because an entity that is supposedly omnipresent cannot at the same time be at a specific location.

What you just said is also contradictory. If something is omnipresent, it is at specific locations whilst at the same time being everywhere. How can something that is everywhere, not be in a specific location?

The question then is: Is God truly omnipresent? Is God in the same Hell that He created? Or does He willingly give up His right to be omnipresent in order to avoid evil?

I always thought that if God has something (eg: knowledge, love) He has it to the fullest extent possible. And if He doesn't have something, He has absolutely none of it (eg: blame, evil).

Due to His absolute purity God has denied Himself the right to omnipresence, choosing rather to stay in clean places. This does not belittle Him though, it only shows that He truly is potent enough to do anything that He chooses, even if it means giving up a piece of His universe to be a container for chaos.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by fayahsoul: 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2009
JPot:

What you just said is also contradictory. If something is omnipresent, it is at specific locations whilst at the same time being everywhere. How can something that is everywhere, not be in a specific location?

U don't get it. If everything came from G-d then everything is an aspect of G-d. The totality of all that exists is G-d. So G-d cannot walk and talk amongst men because he cannot exist outside of his creation. To do so would mean that he/she is not the absolute sovereign and supreme being. G-d is the created. For instance, air is omnipresent on earth but just because there's air in your room does not mean that all the air on earth is in your room.

The question then is: Is God truly omnipresent?

Yes.

Is God in the same Hell that He created?

G-d is the supreme source of all, that means the substance with which he/she used to create hell came from his essence and not from outside his being therefore an aspect of G-d is hell.

Or does He willingly give up His right to be omnipresent in order to avoid evil?

He cannot give up his right to be omnipresent because he is omnipresent by necessity. That is, if he is truely G-d then he must also be omnipresent just like a mountain must have a valley to be a mountain by necessity.

Due to His absolute purity God has denied Himself the right to omnipresence, choosing rather to stay in clean places.

G-d cannot choose to be in clean places because nothing exists outside of him. Everything is him and he is everything down to the tiniest particle of dust. Can u separate yourself from yourself?

This does not belittle Him though, it only shows that He truly is potent enough to do anything that He chooses, even if it means giving up a piece of His universe to be a container for chaos.

Again, if he is G-d he can't give up anything. . .he is the universe and everything in it.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by JPot: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2009
So what your saying is that God is the author of every single evil action on earth, as He is the originator of all? God is within everything even the screen on your desk, just because He made it. Is that what you are trying to say? If so, your conception of God is skewed.

The way I understand it God IS NOT His creation. The Bible explicitly tells us to worship God, not His creation, meaning there is a difference.

I believe that God is the originator of all, but is not associated with anything that contradicts His nature (i.e. Lucifer). Omnipresence is a belief meaning that something completely subsides in known/created space. God is OUTSIDE of space, in His own dimension where there is no context for evil. This is a spiritual dimension (not locational dimension) which supersedes our dimension.

God is NOT the universe, He is the creator of the universe. He is the creator of Hell, but doesn't subside in Hell. He is fully capable of being present in every place in this created universe at once, even Hell, and being a spirit He wouldn't feel the pain of Hell as it was created for evil. He isn't evil, so how can He feel the wrath of Hell?

God cannot be undermined by His creations. God can't be put into a box, in which He is somehow belittled. He supersedes it all, and has a plan for it all.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:32pm On Aug 25, 2009
True word's Seun,you just hit a nail and it goes staright to the point.,yes if really the enity "God" is not just Superficial then why and why has he been hiding from his own creators? ,and later on just want us to believe his exsistance just with a written book full of contradiction's. . .,come to think about it Man created God on the first day,peherp's most people have read it:in the Beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth,in (((Genesis)))-but honestly sharing with you all Bible is Manmaid.
Seun:

Re: Did God Create Hell? by JPot: 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2009

Yeah and in that case He shouldn't have made us either because in all life there is liberty and pursuit of happiness. Some people pursue happiness with evil intentions, others with good intentions.

God knew what would happen. He even knew that He would have to die a painful, bloody death on a cross for mankind. He knew it all, and didn't with-strain Himself from creating life.

God brings all things to good. He allows pain, to test the faithfulness of His children and eventually let us feel the fullness of His heavenly embrace.
Re: Did God Create Hell? by fayahsoul: 1:39am On Aug 26, 2009
JPot:

So what your saying is that God is the author of every single evil action on earth, as He is the originator of all? God is within everything even the screen on your desk, just because He made it. Is that what you are trying to say? If so, your conception of God is skewed.

The concept of good and evil is based on human judgment. Do u think that G-d and other higher dimensional beings conceive good and evil like we do? How can u say that G-d is only good? you can't know good without evil. You need evil to know and appreciate good so both good and evil exist by necessity.

My desk top is comprised of numerous atoms and where do these atoms come from if not from G-d.

The way I understand it God IS NOT His creation. The Bible explicitly tells us to worship God, not His creation, meaning there is a difference.

G-d is not his creation? so did the matter with which G-d used to create stuff come outside of him? and therefore matter has an independent existence from G-d and G-d is not supreme. Then who created matter and where did the atomic particles of matter come from?

I believe that God is the originator of all, but is not associated with anything that contradicts His nature (i.e. Lucifer). Omnipresence is a belief meaning that something completely subsides in known/created space. God is OUTSIDE of space, in His own dimension where there is no context for evil. This is a spiritual dimension (not locational dimension) which supersedes our dimension.

@ bolded, that's a contradiction. If G-d is the originator of lucifer then G-d must have his essence contained in his being. Can u withdraw dirty water from clean water? and if G-d is supreme and infinite why is it impossible to have the lucifarian nature within the vast expanse of infinitum?

Our physical dimension is not separate from the spiritual dimension. They co-exist. Look, the physical is not really as solid as it seems. It's somewhat of an illusion. Matter is cpmprised of atoms and atoms are comprised of protons, neutrons and electrons. 99.999% of an atom is empty space or pure energy/wave/consciousness while the remaining .0001% is particle/solid. So the physical aspect of anything you see is actually 0.0001% of it's total being the remaining 99.999% is spiritual/wave/pure energy/consciousness

God is NOT the universe, He is the creator of the universe. He is the creator of Hell, but doesn't subside in Hell. He is fully capable of being present in every place in this created universe at once, even Hell, and being a spirit He wouldn't feel the pain of Hell as it was created for evil. He isn't evil, so how can He feel the wrath of Hell?

Ok, i see your problem. U think G-d is a spirit therefore he is separate from his physical creation. well i just showed u the spiritual and physical are actually the same thing. There is no real boundary separating them. For instance, an atom is comprised of protons, neutrons and electrons and these three sub-atomic particles are comprised of gauge bosons, leptons and quarks and these three elementary particles are assumed to have no substructure and are comprised of quanta or light/pure energy/consciousness. Now the totality of all quanta is G-d.

God cannot be undermined by His creations. God can't be put into a box, in which He is somehow belittled. He supersedes it all, and has a plan for it all.

I am not putting G-d in a box rather u are the one doing so. The physical is the spiritual at its densest. The universe and everything in it is a very tiny aspect of G-d. Through us and other numerous incarnated beings and gods in many dimensions of existence, G-d experience beingness and evolves accordingly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. / Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? / Students Caught Papa Frank Lloyd With A Truckload Of Charm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.