Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims (10553 Views)

Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos / Osoba Group Disowns Falae Over N100m Donation-the Vanguard / N100m Donation: Falana Calls For Sanction Against Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by adewasco2k(m): 4:15am On Feb 12, 2012
By Tony Edike, Enugu

THE pan-Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Saturday, expressed anger over the N100 million donation reportedly made by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to victims of recent Boko Haram attacks in Kano State.

Some national dailies had reported, yesterday, that CBN governor, Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, presented a N100 million cheque to Kano State deputy governor, Dr Abdulahi Umar Ganduje, during a condolence visit to the Kano State Government on Friday.

The reports quoted Sanusi as saying that the donation was part of CBN’s contribution to the state government to alleviate the suffering of direct victims of the violence and their families.

But, reacting to the development, yesterday, National Publicity Secretary of Ohanaeze, Mr. Ralph Ndigwe, demanded explanation from Sanusi on why CBN had not extended similar gestures to hundreds of Igbo who were victims of violent attacks by Boko Haram in the north.

Ndigwe threatened that Ohanaeze would champion the removal of Sanusi as CBN governor if he fails to explain the rationale behind the donation to Kano victims only.

”We want Sanusi to tell us what CBN has done for hundreds of Igbo who were victims of Boko Haram violent attacks in various parts of the north. If Sanusi fails to give us explanation for CBN’s selective donation of N100 million to victims of Kano attack, we will not hesitate to push for his removal from office as CBN governor”, the Ohanaeze spokesman stated.

He said somebody occupying the exalted position of CBN governor should be a person who lives above parochial inclinations, adding that Sanusi’s donation to Kano victims only shows that he puts sectional interests above national interest even as governor of the apex bank.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/ohanaeze-queries-cbns-n100m-donation-to-boko-haram-victims/
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by macjive01: 6:19am On Feb 12, 2012
A TERRORIST WILL ALWAYS BE A TERRORIST !

by the way, Sanusi was Osama's classmate back in university at Sudan, played hide and seek , even ten-ten with him.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by yoji: 6:33am On Feb 12, 2012
I must say, am dissapointed wit lamido. I used to think he was a new breed of nationalists from d north. But he's jus an aboki with d typical aboki superiority complex mindset. Very sad.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by 9javoice1(m): 6:41am On Feb 12, 2012
Time shall tell, all these hidden agenda of hausa/fulani's shall be made open.
i have been saying about SLS tribal motives which he often and fearlessly let out in all his moves.

anyway stubborn flies always end up a victim.  pleases can we remind the hausa/fulani's that nothing is permanent in this life.
sooner or later they will face the same drum beats they play for others.

a man that holds our apex bank given out money our money to his home state. without the approval of the federal government?
am i missing something here? if he can do this, then this one is just a child's play to what this man is up to.

the government need to arrest this man and remind him that Nigeria is home for all not a kingdom of Fulani's.
i believe there's something somewhere that often motivate this guys on their tribal supremacy action.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by 9javoice1(m): 6:43am On Feb 12, 2012
All the fulani's we have in government always put tribe superiority first before our dear nation that pays their bills.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by daroz(m): 7:09am On Feb 12, 2012
†ђǝ question Iڪ 'do Sanusi have †ђǝ right †• dash out our money †• anyone he likes just because he Iڪ appointed as †ђǝ head of CBN? This guy needs †• be removed ASAP
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:10am On Feb 12, 2012
What about the other victims and the Christmas Day Church victims? Is this wat we should expect from Sanusi Presidency becos we all know he has such ambition?

Using Nigeria oil money from the south to enrich the north? Pathetic 

We shall never go back to those dayz. Forward ever.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by TRUTHTELA: 7:33am On Feb 12, 2012
Banana Republic. Can Ben Bernanke give out US Federal Reserve Bank funds to any organisation as he deem fit? No! Cos this same CBN moslem fanatic & rogue, used the cost of gas in developed countries to justify subsidy removal. Folks, watch out, El-rufai will NEVER say anything about his brother's action. If it were to be Jonathan, he will be the first to use offensive words. I'm not surprise though, that UNA country is simply a Somalia, in the making, so I'm not SURPRISED. Rather, I feel for those that will lose their lives cos of man's GREED , IGNORANCE & EXTREMESIM, while the nation is been destroyed.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by ektbear: 7:43am On Feb 12, 2012
One of the few times I agree with this Ohaenze organization
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Remii(m): 7:50am On Feb 12, 2012
Was the donation to Boko Haram or the victims of Boko Haram attacks?
Are we sure all beneficiaries of the donation are Hausa Fulani, no Ibo or Yoruba included?

Why does sentiment taints every thinking of Nigerians?
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 12, 2012
Its simply wrong for a cbn governor to be carrying on the way sanusi does, opening agric farm,hotel,now giving nigerias money to his home state,this same sanusi is not credited with commiserating with victims of previous bomb blast/crises in abj,maiduguri,madalla,mubi but immediately jumps out to dole 100 million to kano.how are we sure the money is not going to boko haram,perhaps he will disbuss the money thru his islamic bank.these hausa/fulani elites/politicians will continue to self destruct and their zones will be the worse for it.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 12, 2012
I wont be surprise if tomorrow come and news is sanusi has an investment in kano kingdom with oye money.
I wish God can dry this oye for naija atleast let everybody fight for him survival.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by sheyguy: 8:36am On Feb 12, 2012
Ohaneze will always behave like cry babies.
They seem incapable of taking reasonable actions and will rather wait to criticize anyone who dares to act. The same sidon-look attitude b4 the subsidy protest and condemnation of those who dared to act is what is being repeated here again. If only two or three eastern governor had deeped their hands into their limitless security vote for the victims maybe we wouldn't be having all these elderly cries.
Besides igbo are not the one affected, there are yorubas,hausas, fulanis and other group in kano that got bombed.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by kasconi: 10:15am On Feb 12, 2012
If we can cast our minds back,we'll understand that kano state record the highest number of casualties frm the hands of the dreaded islamic sect (BH). Whether sanusi lamido has the right to dish out such amount or not,time wil tell, but to ♍ε ,dats not the issued. The money has bn released as far as am concern. We should also knw that the victims of the attack were not only the hausa-fulanis,other ethnic groups were affected too. So why all dis agitations from the ohanezes or is it simply because the man is frm kano state? Na wa for our country oº°˚˚˚°º‎​ with dis ethnic sentiment, we realy need to do somtin abt it if we really want to move forward, save
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by yoji: 10:31am On Feb 12, 2012
@ kasconi
Ur point on kano recordind d highest csualties is not enuff cos if dat was d case y were other victims not offered less money, but @ least offered sumtin by d CBN so dat we will now say since kano had more casualties, then they should have more.
Wat of all d victims in borno, bauchi and jos??
Let's stop decieving ourselves, a section of this country wants to eat their cake and have it bak. They use our national funds to sponsor terror, then use d same resources to compensate when it backfires!
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by IYANGBALI: 10:42am On Feb 12, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,by their fruits we shall know them sanusi terrorist in disguiseJonathan watch your back
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by lafuria1(m): 10:50am On Feb 12, 2012
So in summary, sanusi only crime was dat he didn't donate to the igbo community. If he had donated to the igbos, ohaneze wud have given him a title I guess. Rubbish. CBN or SLS is wrong in givibg out donation to kano state govt. He should have done that dat personally and not using CBN's name. CBN isn't a charity organisation. It is d responsibilty of govt to help the masses, hw much has the FG donated to help victims? U can disagree with SLS and challange him but doing so thru d lens of tribalism is dead wrong. When SLS was buzy talking about subsidy removal, he wad a refrence point to those who wanted d removal abi.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by IykeD(m): 10:52am On Feb 12, 2012
Does Sanusi, a mere CBN governor, have the right to donate money to anyone? Does he have that right?
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by BMZK: 10:54am On Feb 12, 2012
Guys come on! Why do you reason this way? CBN governor is not autonomous, he has NOI as a boss who's has GEJ as a boss also. I smell rats: political cabals or media at work as usual to discredit SLS. Hmm but i trust Sanussi is not daft to fall inside this cheap trap. I reserve my comments until the day Sanussi decides to reply to those bigots who do not understand the basic principles of herarchy in goverment
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by tunnytox(m): 10:55am On Feb 12, 2012
IykeD:

Does Sanusi, a mere CBN governor, have the right to donate money to anyone? Does he have that right?

exactly! what a ridiculous donation I have always find something fishy about that Sanusi guy
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Obijulius: 10:59am On Feb 12, 2012
mr. bakare (aka activist) come & organise protest. igbos r watchin dis drama called nigeria unravel. c u wen we get there.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by victorazy(m): 11:06am On Feb 12, 2012
@ ekt_bear:
Igbos are the brave ones that will always stand compared to Yorubas and the rest.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by sheyguy: 11:14am On Feb 12, 2012
victorazy:

@ ekt_bear:
Igbos are the brave ones that will always stand compared to Yorubas and the rest.
whenever the igbos stand up, they always stand against the right thing or for the wrong thing. The money donated was never for a particular tribe, it is suppose to go round.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by psalmizt(m): 11:30am On Feb 12, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

Banana Republic. Can Ben Bernanke give out US Federal Reserve Bank funds to any organisation as he deem fit? No! Cos this same CBN moslem fanatic & rogue, used the cost of gas in developed countries to justify subsidy removal. Folks, watch out, El-rufai will NEVER say anything about his brother's action. If it were to be Jonathan, he will be the first to use offensive words. I'm not surprise though, that UNA country is simply a Somalia, in the making, so I'm not SURPRISED. Rather, I feel for those that will lose their lives cos of man's GREED , IGNORANCE & EXTREMESIM, while the nation is been destroyed.

Bros, You get mouth jare, I personally shared that link with El Rufai via his twitter handle and guess what, He stylishly kept mute on it, I have always said it, the make up and ACTIVISM and the so-called OPPOSITION are all position of CONVENIENCE as none of them will say a WORD when it involves them directly, What is bad is bad, Ohaneze shouldn't be the only ones CHAMPIONING this call, It is about time we told this BAFFOONS that we will not be taken for GRANTED ANYMORE
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 12, 2012
SLS is from Kano, yes?,
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by kjhova(m): 11:40am On Feb 12, 2012
Something is horribly amiss here. I am not against charity but for the CBN to unilaterally donate N100m of our commonwealth to a state government is odd!?! Was this fund part of the CBN's CSR budget or is this the latest proof of blatant extra budgetary activities of our public officers? Even if SLS had approval (which I strongly doubt), why didn't the CBN identify certain needs of the victims and meet such? Or contribute such aid to an already existing NGO program on the ground? N100m cheque, gbam, slam, bang like that to the Kano state deputy governor is fraud which cannot be waived away except of course Nigeria is a banana republic!
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Mucokey(m): 11:42am On Feb 12, 2012
why we must always embrace sentiment in all our dealings scares n leaves des scars all ova me. Why can't we just apply rationalism in dis case n speak up?? Even de ppl selling de 'idea' of kano state being de most affected n devasted victim of BH is very uncalled 4, wat abt Jos n borno state dat ve been languishing in 'a war witout end' situation? Inasmuch as am still dumbfounded y he wud dish out such a money from de national treasure, y must it be kano state??, cos it's his home state WONDERS LL REMAIN WONDERFUL
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by psalmizt(m): 11:44am On Feb 12, 2012
9jacrip:

SLS is from Kano, yes?,

YES, AND HE IS INCIDENTALLY A BLUE BLOOD, MEANING HE HAS A ROYAL BLOOD IN HIM, A POTENTIAL EMIR OF KANO, NOW YOU SEE THE LINK?

kj_hova:

Something is horribly amiss here. I am not against charity but for the CBN to unilaterally donate N100m of our commonwealth to a state government is odd!?! Was this fund part of the CBN's CSR budget or is this the latest proof of blatant extra budgetary activities of our public officers? Even if SLS had approval (which I strongly doubt), why didn't the CBN identify certain needs of the victims and meet such? Or contribute such aid to an already existing NGO program on the ground? [b]N100m cheque, gbam, slam, slam [/b]like that to the Kano state deputy governor is fraud which cannot be waived away except of course Nigeria is a banana republic!

No breakdown of how the money should be spent, just out of the blues, He should be sued for misappropriation of fund without the backing of the board, I am sure he didn't get approval for that huge sum, This is guy that openly told us that he feels half of the civil service are not needed yet he can so openly appropriate for himself in the name of donation #100 million ,  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by kjhova(m): 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2012
You feel me @Psalmizt?
The main issue to ponder here is if public officers can divert N100m or more from the laid down budget to a different activity (all be it supposedly a charitable act), what can then stop them from all together divert the next N100m to their private pockets
With great respect to Jesus & Mohammad (peace be unto them), if you expose anyone to this level of impunity, I won't vouch that even the great two wouldn't be disturbed in such position!
You can't justify stealing my money on d ground dat you donated to cancer treatment centre. You still robbed me & I will demand justice!!!
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by MyJoe: 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2012
For the first time Ohaneze has a good point to make but they have to spoil it by throwing in the word Igbo. Who told them there were no Igbo victims in Kano or that only the Igbo were victims of the other attacks?

What I don't get is the propriety or legality of a direct CBN donation to a state government on behalf terror victims. And Sanusi, a man I have considerable respect for, needs to explain what informed the choice of this particular incident.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by real4life: 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2012
But you guys insist that all the victims of Boko Haram are Igbo.

Now a donation is made to the victims of Boko Haram and your story is changing.

Which kain wahala be dis?
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by hakanai(m): 12:08pm On Feb 12, 2012
funny that he donated to kano.Funny GEJ visited Kano and Niger only over the issue of insecurity.yet very very suspicious that despite the figures in casualty and devastation recorded in Jos and Borno the president has not gone over to the states for first hand assessments!!The states represent the pinnacle of insecurity and crisis.Na PDP politics abeg.maybe GEJ went there and draw attention of FGN.While his lack of going to other worst hit states drew little considerations.
Also the donation is not meant for Hausas only but victims.Considering Igbos,Yoruba,federal officers(police,immigration etc),Hausas,PDP government etc. So i am sure this another PDP venture to better keep Kano state in the fold. cared for by there Able FGN-PDP buddies.Wonders shall never end.It is not tribal but issue of man know man.Issue of political party.Issue of godfather-ism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) / The Day Ebonyi APC Sold Their Conscience By Philip Nweze / Orji Kalu Loses Bid To Stop N3.2 Billion Corruption Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.