Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims (10571 Views)

Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos / Osoba Group Disowns Falae Over N100m Donation-the Vanguard / N100m Donation: Falana Calls For Sanction Against Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by nduchucks: 2:20am On Feb 13, 2012
@Sam_Ikenna, Do not allow your prejudice to negatively affect your objectivity here. There is nothing unprecedented about providing a grant to Kano State to assist victims of this terrible terrorist act. Here are some other grants provided by CBN for your information. You may want to petition NASS to revisit the CBN act, if you are troubled by the discretion possessed by the board which approves these grants. Sanusi does not have dictatorial authority at the CBN.

[list]
[li]Internet Connectivity Project (Nsukka) N37million[/li]
[li]Construction of Health Centre Building (Benin) N37million[/li]
[li]Completion of graduate school building (Calabar) N15million[/li]
[li]Construction of a 1,200-seater Science Lecture Theatre (Ibadan) N30million[/li]
[/list]

Other Financial Aid

The Bank is also involved in several other community development initiatives across the country. The Bank in 2002 built two Police Posts for the Nigerian Police Force at Satellite Town, Lagos at the cost over[b] N18 million[/b].

The sum of N6m was donated to FCT in 2006 for Advocacy and Publicity of FCT Reforms.

Rehabilitation of borehole project at the Church of Christ in Nigeria (COCIN) Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre, Mangu, Jos, at the cost of N460,000.00 and commissioned in May, 2006

e.t.c
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by HighChief4(m): 2:24am On Feb 13, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

I've read the CBN extra roles on the site you sent. However, what Sanusi did was unprecedented in the history of this Nation. I would want you to pls find me any CBN gov that has come close to what Sanusi just did. Mind you, I'm not interested in who receives the money, it could be Igbos, Yorubas, or Ijaws, you never know so thats not my main problem. My problem with what Sanusi did is that he has set an unhealthy precedent for successive govs. He just shown that CBN gov is another money maker. Guess what? the next gov that goes in there better match Sanusi's offer else his people will disown him. In fact, any section of the nation that goes thru difficult time might as well shun their govs/reps/senators and look up to CBN because thats where the real thing is.

I assume he knows hes not going to be selected for second tenure so hes trying to do all he can for his people now. I've never criticized SLS since he was chosen eventhough I've seen him as too pushy and somewhat arrogant. He knows Nigeria is on a thin ice in terms of ethnic, religious, and regional relations yet he carries on like this country was some sort of kingdom or Emirate. With all his wisdom and intelligence he lacks the decorum and simple common sense needed for his office. He always jump on any chance to lecture us on politics, ethnic and regional issues, things you'll expect someone in his position to refrain from. How many times have you read Bernanke's Bosom for tat online posts? In fact let me not use The US, lets come home and check past CBN govs and see how they related with fellow Nigerians. When Soludo was there did you see him second guess OBJ or go on attack mode?

Sanusi does not know how to do his job in the quietness of his office. He enjoys going into verbal or written trench war with people, he enjoys poking the boundaries of religious and ethnic relations, and he has a big mouth that is ever ready to say something about other people. Someone in his capacity should be adept in masking his feelings, allegiance and/or alliance. Even when he knows what to do to spook other folks he goes right ahead to do it without minding the kind of wrong message it sends to other sections of this country. I guess hes happy now because anywhere we here a loud slam from now on he better be ready with a cheque.

pcicero:

Now, I know there are many mumus in the house. I will start with the buffon who asserted that Sanusi's donation was on the strenght of Kano belonging to the opposition party.
Rabiu kwankwaso was elected in 1999 under PDP as the governor of Kano State. He lost his re-election bid in 2003 to Shekarau of ANPP who had two terms till 2011.
Kwankwaso as a PDP member was a former Minister of Defence during Obasanjo's regime (after he lost his re-election bid).
He was elected in April 2011 as the governor of Kano State.

@sheyguy,
I'll tell you this, I grew up under a muslim. My grandmother (whom I adore) is a muslim. I have many muslims in my family and as friends. Though a christian, but I have never for once felt uncomfortable with their religious belief.
Sanusi is a bigot, I have seen through that man. His hatred for other religions is as profound as his hatred for other tribes. Hate him or love him, Fani Kayode said this much.

Some posers for you:

What was Sanusi's comment on the Christmas Day bombings?

Has Sanusi ever donated any sum to other bomb victims (Jos, Madalla, Maiduguri, Yobe etc.)?

Have more people not suffered in these other places than Kano (In terms of total numbers of casualties) ?.

Has Sanusi ever condemned Boko Haram in any capacity (either as a Kano Prince or as CBN governor)?.

Did Sanusi not say that Boko Haram is as a result of inequal distribution of wealth (Does that mean every other aggrieved people should resort to bombings)?

Please, stop defending this guy!

Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by SamIkenna: 4:24am On Feb 13, 2012
ndu_chucks:

@Sam_Ikenna, Do not allow your prejudice to negatively affect your objectivity here. There is nothing unprecedented about providing a grant to Kano State to assist victims of this terrible terrorist act. Here are some other grants provided by CBN for your information. You may want to petition NASS to revisit the CBN act, if you are troubled by the discretion possessed by the board which approves these grants. Sanusi does not have dictatorial authority at the CBN.

[list]
[li]Internet Connectivity Project (Nsukka) N37million[/li]
[li]Construction of Health Centre Building (Benin) N37million[/li]
[li]Completion of graduate school building (Calabar) N15million[/li]
[li]Construction of a 1,200-seater Science Lecture Theatre (Ibadan) N30million[/li]
[/list]

Other Financial Aid

The Bank is also involved in several other community development initiatives across the country. The Bank in 2002 built two Police Posts for the Nigerian Police Force at Satellite Town, Lagos at the cost over[b] N18 million[/b].

The sum of N6m was donated to FCT in 2006 for Advocacy and Publicity of FCT Reforms.

Rehabilitation of borehole project at the Church of Christ in Nigeria (COCIN) Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre, Mangu, Jos, at the cost of N460,000.00 and commissioned in May, 2006

e.t.c

Ndu let me say this quick so we can debunk what you said above about prejudice. Since Sanusi became CBN gov I've never as much as mentioned his name anywhere. I've no problems with him becoming the gov after all he's a Nigerian. Frankly, the only time I looked at him with some suspicion was during the Islamic Banking saga and I dont think I was the only one spooked by it. Yes, in your mind you're wondering oh! Sam_Ikenna has probs with Islam. Well, I wont say I have probs with it or not but I would say I just dont like mixing religion with biz or, most importantly, national issues. I like Sanusi as a person because he seems to be like a smart hot head and there is nothing wrong with it. Anyway, let me cut to the chase - I have no prejudice against him but he has done/said things that unsettled me as a person and that's why I'm speaking out now.

Concerning the list of things you said CBN does, I'm a little busy now but as soon as i'm free I'll definitely look it up. I want to see how much they've spent on education and other things. I used word "unprecedented" because my eyes have never seen where a CBN gov gave such a huge amount of money to any people or organization. The first time I saw it I thought it was his personal money that he gave out. I would sheath my sword if I find out that CBN in the past was giving out money to organizations.

Anyway, if its true that CBN has laws that allow it disburse funds as it deems fit then we are in a bigger mess than I thought. It means every aspect of our government is a sink hole.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by nduchucks: 4:40am On Feb 13, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Anyway, if its true that CBN has laws that allow it disburse funds as it deems fit then we are in a bigger mess than I thought. It means every aspect of our government is a sink hole.

I'm sorry to say that the bolded is most accurate. I did not know that you are a naive idealist. I am not defending Sanusi's actions but simply highlighting the flaws in the system. The sink hole you speak of is present in every parastatal at both the federal and state levels. Local governments are not without the sink holes either.

There is a sink hole in every government department, at all levels, which has a budget. Trust me on that - its a feeding frenzy. If you knew the extent of the rot, you'd realize that Sanusi's actions should be commended - he is not routing funds into his personal accounts.

I'm sorry to say that the anger shown in this thread is misdirected.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by odedele: 8:30am On Feb 13, 2012
av always said dis.sanusi is 2 TRIBALISTIC 2 b d CBN GOV.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by anataala: 8:49am On Feb 13, 2012
i wonder why people are talking like the have not gone to school or the don't have experience, i am sure CBN is under supervision on Fed Min Of Finance, and you will quite agree with me that the guy have to seek for approval before giving out that money, and to me since is on humanaterian ground is OK irrespective of who ever is benefiting from the money. i want people to recall some of the victims of the blast from south have received various donations from some state Governours in the North and no body say's any negative statement for such donations, we should always learn to be tolerance.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Demdem(m): 8:52am On Feb 13, 2012
I see nothing wrong in what the CBN has done if trully and indeed they have the powers to make donations. Ohanaeze with due respect should kindly STFU.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by hercules07: 9:23am On Feb 13, 2012
@ndu

You are just bringing too much sense to this thread, please leave these guys, even if the guy today sacrifices himself for their god, they will still crucify him, bloody bigots the lot of them.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Okijajuju1(m): 9:26am On Feb 13, 2012
Ohaneze, Massob and Biafran Zionist Movement, all one and the same thing.

Tactics of choice amongst them - Play the victim and cry for sympathy.

If SLS had donated that money to the victims of Aguleri and Umuleri conflict, would we be hearing this their noise?!

Anyways, I just spoke with SLS last night and the one thing he said and I qoute; "If anyone feels I have contravened the laws of the Federal republic, they can sue me. I am not immune to prosecution and I am not above the Law".
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Demdem(m): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

If SLS had donated that money to the victims of Aguleri and Umuleri conflict, would we be hearing this their noise?!

Anyways, I just spoke with SLS last night and the one thing he said and I qoute; "If anyone feels I have contravened the laws of the Federal republic, they can sue me. I am not immune to prosecution and I am not above the Law".

Classic. Only cowards will do otherwise.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by ekwynwa: 9:45am On Feb 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

Okija go back to bed and complete that your malaria induced dream
grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Okijajuju1(m): 10:09am On Feb 13, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Okija go back to bed and complete that your malaria induced dream
grin grin

Why?!

What do you doubt?! That I spoke with him or that I have access to him?!
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by DuduNegro: 10:10am On Feb 13, 2012
I should not speak against SLS. . . but on this event I must say clearly that I'm dissapointed!  I believe we are at a point in Nigeria where the sentiments of love for the homeland is over-riding the obligation and sense of patriotism that govt officers sworn on oath to respect.  Govt officers are boldly and in a careless manner daring the law and flagrantly throwing caution to the wind to violate human dignity and truth.  

_Chuks, I agree with you that CBN has community outreach programms and is not uncommon for the governor to carry out that philantrophy duty.  If three Churches in different parts of Nigeria have similar needs for charity donation, how would the governor go about helping them?  What criteria would he use to disburse this fund so that all three are covered?    . . . . or that if he covers one, then that one beneficiary has a extraneous situation which does not exist with the other two and therefore qualifies it for preferential treatment.  

If the Kano incident was an isolation, as the nature of those other CBN beneficiaries you listed are, then it will be no problem. . . but it is really not!  The victims were killed by same sect using same methods and with intention to inflict maximum and most severe blow to kill its victim.  Did you see pictures from the madalla bomb?  There was a baby with its skull torn open by the blow of the explosion and the organs are swollen and hanging out of their shell. That was someone's baby. . . and that's amongst many.  All the victims are losses. . . . the SSS, Customs and Police personnell in Kano are covered by hazard and risk insurance and as well compensations for dying in line of duty.  The private citizens do not have those guarantees and coverages to lean on.  It will be nice for Mallam to follow up and extend this kind gesture to these families as well.

Sam, I agree with those saying if the donation had been made to Igbo there would not be any noise from anyone else.  This is true!  It is a perception that everyone has become acquainted with and expect to be displayed by Igbos.  When one has been denied and excluded for as long as Igbo has been. . . . then the skin grow thin and things that ought to be overlooked are instead magnified as further attestation to the claim of marginalization.  I am not a supporter of ndIgbo but I stand up for truth  and the truth has been violated by the CBN.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by hercules07: 10:20am On Feb 13, 2012
@Dudu

Nothing has been violated by the CBN, let the house get together to change the CBN act if they feel that the act gives too much power to the Governor, he has done what he is expected to do, Charity begins at home, Ile la ti n ko eso rode, I feel bad when people just accuse a man especially when he is doing something good, do the victims not deserve to be taken care of? Christians dominate the banking sector, let the banks come together to do something for Madalla people, why are churches who have taken tithes for donkey years not helping christians affected by the bombs in the north, abeg leave Sanusi alone, he has done his own bit, let Oritsejafor spare some of his money for the christians in the north.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by mekaboy(m): 10:58am On Feb 13, 2012
IF CBN CAN GIVE,THEY SHOULD SET UP A COMMITTEE , CALLED TERRORISM ASSISTANCE PROGRAM, THEN RELEASE FUNDS TO THE COMMITTEE, THESE FUNDS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL THE STATES THAT ARE VICTIMS OF TERRORISM BASED ON THEIR RECORD OF CASUALTY.

WHY GIVE A PARTICULAR STATE ALONE OUT OF ALL OTHER AFFECTED STATES ?
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by DuduNegro: 11:12am On Feb 13, 2012
I am not in any way disputing the powers invested in his office and or the different community programmes entrusted to him.  Politics is power but the power is derived from the people.  He ignored people in similar situation in East to go donate #100M to victims in Kano. . . . victims who have other means through govt to be compensanted and cared for.  

I am not saying his action is unstatutory. . , but I am saying the moral is wrong!
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Okijajuju1(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2012
@Dudu

I really do not understand your problem, VICTIMS!! or are you saying that no igbo person died in the Kano siege?!
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by DuduNegro: 11:32am On Feb 13, 2012
. . . . even if everyone that died in Kano was Igbo, they died in line of duty and are owed, by law, compensantion from the Fed govt. Instead of giving N100M to victims that are going to be awarded something close to that amount or more by Fed Govt, find another set of victims with similar losses and who without some financial assistance will not have any support or backup since for most, the breadwinner is killed. This is a windfall award, why give double award to same set of victim in Kano (CBN and Fed) when there is another qualifying set that needs support but has zero?
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by Okijajuju1(m): 11:43am On Feb 13, 2012
My guy, CBN does good, to whomever finds mercies in CBN sight.

Dont hate the Sanusi, Hate the Bombers.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by DuduNegro: 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2012
Im not hating SLS. I already said his action is statutorily justified and in line with the provisions of his office and the programme. . . . however, it is immoral! He satusfies the law but he fails the consciense.!
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by davmor(m): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2012
I keep wondering how it started!!! I wish we were on our own separately.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by DuduNegro: 12:18pm On Feb 13, 2012
Let me give you a political analysis of his action.  

Those who want Biafra should go and get compensated by Biafran Central Bank!  That's the interpretation here.  

I have said it here many times, Igbos are lucky that Nigerian Govt is tolerating their nonsense flag waving campaigns.  Most leaders would not tolerate anyone in their sovereignty to boldly fly and campaign politically under a non-recognized flag as MASSOB generally and Igbos have done.  It is a bad political move and you all need to stop it.  It shows you are unpatriotic and uncommitted to Nigeria.  We know you are not. . . but dont wave it in our faces!  Even Maku said the same thing in his speech telling Igbos to go home.

How can you, day and night, everytime  you gather to discuss Igbo issue you are singing Biafran anthem and waving the flag. . . .but then expect to share in the benefits of Nigeria?   The igbos that rallied in London did so with Biafran flag wrapped around them.  When Ojuku died. . . Biafran flag everywhere.   Ojukwu will be buried in March, another rally for Biafran flag and MASSOB.  You all need to quit!
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by DuduNegro: 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2012
If you want Biafra then here is the best opportunity, under GEJ. Dont wake up one morning and declare Biafra. . . . it will be wrong to do that! Get strong international bodies to ally on your side first. Line up everyone you need not for a fight. . . . but for diplomatic and tactful negotiation for a peaceful detachment away.

Either that or do away with Biafran flag and start wrapping Nigerian flag.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by SamIkenna: 2:59pm On Feb 13, 2012
Negro how did you get Biafra into this? Anyway, Ndu furnished me with evidence that supports what SLS did and I can say hes right in legal terms but wrong on both moral and tactical basis. Hes wrong on moral basis because almost half of Nigerian states at one time or the other have experienced some kind of natural or man-made disaster and CBN didnt show up. Besides this Boko haram thing is still on-going so what if Boko decides to up the game by constantly bombing different cities, it means CBN is going to break the bank. I would be happier if SLS donated to keep schools in the north open or even pay the almajiris to go to school, afterall that's where most of the extremism probs are born. Giving money to schools/community development project is in line with CBN statutes but to go into the sphere of the executive/legislative govt is out of line.

Like I said in one of my posts, who gets the money is not the problem but what kind of precedents he's now set is where the devil is. It means whoever gets there next be ready to financially reach out to his people. I noticed some people are trying to make the issue an Igbo issue because the money was not given to us. Guess what? We've been surviving and moving on with the least allocation in this nation yet we haven't bombed anybody, therefore I doubt we'll begin now because of 100m.

Also on tactical basis, he should have at least given some of the money to Jos, Madalla, Yobe, NYSC coppers, etc to give it a more patriotic/national look but he chose to give to his homeland first and thats where he failed. Its our collective wealth and I expect whoever is in charge to pretend like others belong too eventhough we know its false. Mask your special preference for your people and act like you love and care for everyone - that's the key and that's the tactic he lacks. If he had spread some money on other places that have experienced some kind of mayhem and then give the chunk to Kano we would not be here.

In one of my responses to Ndu I wrote that recently SLS tied 13 derivation to Boko Haram, something every decent man in Lower Nigeria was shocked to hear - in essence hes saying that the bombing will not stop unless we revert to old derivation. Also in the past hes had something to say about different ethnic groups in Nigeria and most of us have remained calm because what we want is good job at CBN and as long as hes doing it we don't mind his utterances that much. Now its beginning to look like we need to focus more on this guy.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by SamIkenna: 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2012
Negro - on the Biafra thing, I think we have a right to express our love or hate for this country. We fought a war with Nigeria and lost thats why we're back in this sinking ship. We didnt come back on our own accord, remember that! If you think what we're doing is anti Nigeria then excise us out just as you forced us in, you have the powers- dont you?  Use it! On how we should expect to be treated, can you for one second swap positions with me and ask yourself that question. Nigeria didnt buy Igboland, Igbos owns Igboland so if we offend you that much then you know what to do. I didnt see Biafran flag in South West so pls dont cry more than Lugard.

I expect you to give other people the space to express their love or hate for their land given that you are an avowed Yoruba nationalist. Guess what? I dont begrudge you when you profess love for your land and you should reciprocate that. Bringing in Biafra into this convo and even linking it with whats taking place in London and why we should not expect good treatment from Nigeria is a low blow.

Nothing in this world is permanent. That Nigeria is fair to you today and unfair to me does not mean it cant be unfair to you tomorrow. "Things change" is a song by Barry white, and you sure know they change buddy. China used to freak out at the sight of Japs but today the Japs are spooked by every move of the Chinese so my brother let go your ill feelings towards Biafra and her people for no one knows how tomorrow will end.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by ektbear: 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2012
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by kholis(m): 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2012
The[b] northern goat[/b] indirectly donated the money to Boko Haram sect. This is a way of placating the group not to mention his name as one of their major sponsors. Just watch as the drama unfolds. Time will soon tell.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by DuduNegro: 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2012
Posted by: Sam_Ikenna 
Insert Quote
Negro how did you get Biafra into this?

In one of my responses to Ndu I wrote that recently SLS tied 13 derivation to Boko Haram, something every decent man in Lower Nigeria was shocked to hear - in essence hes saying that the bombing will not stop unless we revert to old derivation. Also in the past hes had something to say about different ethnic groups in Nigeria and most of us have remained calm because what we want is good job at CBN and as long as hes doing it we don't mind his utterances that much. Now its beginning to look like we need to focus more on this guy.

Chronology of events!  That's how I got there.  You did the same thing  with oil derivation and SLS'  public statements in media.  Both have nothing to do directly with the topic being discussed but they offer insight into other dots with which this issue is interwoven.   

Negro - on the Biafra thing, I think we have a right to express our love or hate for this country. We fought a war with Nigeria and lost thats why we're back in this sinking ship. We didnt come back on our own accord, remember that! If you think what we're doing is anti Nigeria then excise us out just as you forced us in, you have the powers- dont you?  Use it! On how we should expect to be treated, can you for one second swap positions with me and ask yourself that question. Nigeria didnt buy Igboland, Igbos owns Igboland so if we offend you that much then you know what to do. I didnt see Biafran flag in South West so pls dont cry more than Lugard.

I expect you to give other people the space to express their love or hate for their land given that you are an avowed Yoruba nationalist. Guess what? I dont begrudge you when you profess love for your land and you should reciprocate that. Bringing in Biafra into this convo and even linking it with whats taking place in London and why we should not expect good treatment from Nigeria is a low blow.

Nothing in this world is permanent. That Nigeria is fair to you today and unfair to me does not mean it cant be unfair to you tomorrow. "Things change" is a song by Barry white, and you sure know they change buddy. China use freak out at the sight of Japs but today the Japs are spooked by every move of the Chinese so my brother let go your ill feelings towards Biafra and her people for no one knows how tomorrow will end.   

I believe you overreacted to what I said about Biafra.  I will clarify.  Wrongs, whether truthful or perceived, endure in the memory.  No people should forget their history, for Ndigbos Biafra is your history.  I didnt say civil war. . . . I said Biafra!  For Nigeria, the civil war is in its memory. . . .Biafra is someone else's issue.   In this short explanation I believe anyone who understand the politics of Nigeria post 1970 will understand what I meant in my response on the flag draping.

Everytime something happen at the center that we Yorubas dont like should we bring up the election of 1983 and how the Presidency was stolen from Awo with the 12 2/3rd ccontroversy. . . . or should we bring up the 1993 election result and the murder of the elected candidate? We did not forget these things. . . they are not on the same scale as the war but in our political plug-in with the center, they are just as devastating and disruptive.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by SamIkenna: 11:21pm On Feb 13, 2012
Are you saying I do have a right to display my love or hate for this country? If I do, then I dont see why Biafran flag should be outlawed. Like you said Biafra is part of our history and we embrace it thats why our flag should not be an issue for Nigeria. My people say that you cant beat a child and hold his tears, Nigeria did the beating and its our right to produce the tears as we deem fit. June 12 and Awo presidency do not even come a million miles close to what befell our people. Anyway, I do not want to derail the thread so lets bury the subject.

Thanx anyway for your response.
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by HighChief4(m): 1:57am On Feb 14, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Are you saying I do have a right to display my love or hate for this country? If I do then I dont see why Biafran flag should be outlawed. Like you said Biafra is part of our history and we embrace it thats why our flag should not be an issue for Nigeria. My people say that you cant beat a child and hold his tears, Nigeria did the beating and its our right to produce the tears as we deem fit. June 12 and Awo presidency do not even come a million miles close to what befell our people. Anyway, I do not want to derail the thread so let bury the subject.

Thanx anyway for your response.

Anything after this comment is considered null and void. Sam, you have just hit these guys beneath the belt

Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by baslone: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims by okunoba(m): 5:52am On Feb 17, 2012
@Hercules 07, CBN money belongs to all not just Muslims or Northerners, church money belongs to the Church, same goes for commercial Banks. If Sanusi wants to give Nigerian money to victims of terrorism it should not be one sided where he gives to victims from his state and ignores those from other states. T

his World will be a better place if we see other peoples pain not just ours. CBN money belongs to all not just your kin and State.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Most Corrupt Tribe In Nigeria / Omenuwoma Josiah Reveals Why He Rejected Okowa's Appointment In Delta / Smear Campaign Against Senator Orji Kalu Unacceptable — HURIWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.