Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,908 members, 7,844,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Odemwingie Hits Hat-trick Eyes Top-half Finish - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Odemwingie Hits Hat-trick Eyes Top-half Finish (656 Views)

Iheanacho Is A Manchester City Star In Waiting - Goal.com. Scores Hat-trick. / Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR / Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odemwingie Hits Hat-trick Eyes Top-half Finish by patrikobi: 1:11am On Feb 13, 2012
Odemwingie hits hat-trick eyes top-half finish
On February 12, 2012 · In Sports
Email0

West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie celebrated the “double joy” of scoring a hat-trick against local rivals Wolves, then targeted a place in the top 10.

Jonas Olsson and Keith Andrews also scored for the Baggies at Molineux against woeful Wolves, who briefly levelled at the end of the first half through Steven Fletcher.

Odemwingie told Sky Sports 1: “I’ve been looking forward to returning to scoring form.

“It’s my first hat-trick in the Premier League, a very tough league to score in, so I’m very happy about that.

“And the extra bonus I got was [that it was] in the black country derby so it makes it double joy for me.

“I hope we can change our home performances and then there’s nothing that can stop us finishing in the top 10.”

Odemwingie said he and his team-mates were in no doubt about how much the match meant to the West Brom fans.

“We know this game means a lot to our fans so we’re very delighted with winning and scoring lots of goals,” he said.

“There a lot of motivation, receiving messages from our fans [about] how they look forward to these games makes the week special. You prepare well, you rest a lot.

“It was a very big game for us, a great team performance.”
Re: Odemwingie Hits Hat-trick Eyes Top-half Finish by pcicero(m): 1:52am On Feb 13, 2012
I had a feeling he was going to have a great match and he did.

He was unplayable right from the start and he justified that with series of attempts in the first half which produced a goal for him and several shots saved by Wolves' keeper.

I am very happy for him.
Re: Odemwingie Hits Hat-trick Eyes Top-half Finish by cfours: 1:56am On Feb 13, 2012
what's a topic like this without pictures?

(1) (Reply)

Osasuna Versus Real Madrid / What Is Your Best And Most Memorable UEFA Champions League Final / Arsene Wenger Gives Walcott 48 Hours Exit Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.