Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) (8484 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday / The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by MaziOmenuko: 10:52am On Dec 20, 2017
So theres a thread for that road?

The CCECC is doing a lousy job I must say. They are delaying this project and causing nuisance in the process. They have been on the Alakija flyover for ages now and the work is progressing at snail-pace. I was thinking they would progress rapidly before the rains start, but it looks like its business as usual.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by johnie: 3:34am On Apr 25, 2019
Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by johnie: 3:36am On Apr 25, 2019

Why work on Lagos-Badagry Expressway is slow – CCECC

The contractors handling Lagos-Badagry Expressway and the Lagos Light Rail projects, Chinese Civil Engineering and Construction Corporation, on Thursday said the recent downpour had slowdown work.

Mr Izuchukwu Obioma, an official of CCECC, said, “The major challenge we have now is the rain which has really affected our work pace.

“There are areas where we are supposed to be laying asphalt by now but we have to hold on for the rain to subside.

“What we do mainly now is to intensify piling and excavation in other areas so that when the rain subsides, we will fast-track other aspects of the job.

“I assure Nigerians that between November and December, enormous progress would have been recorded,’’ he said.

Obioma said that the Ojo Military Cantonment and the Police Station opposite also posed challenges to the road project.

“The fence of the Ojo Military Cantonment and the Police Station opposite are also meant to be demolished to create right of way, but we cannot do that until both are relocated.

“Although the military authorities have given approval for the relocation, we are waiting on the Lagos State Government to take necessary steps,’’ he said.

Obioma assured the people that the delay would not affect the 2019 conclusion date for the project.

Excavation and construction of drainages are ongoing at different segments of the road.

Some banks close to the fence of the Lagos State University like the Guarantee Trust Bank have also pulled down their structures to allow for demolition of the fence.

Some road users on the Lagos-Badagry axis have been complaining about difficulty in plying the road.

Mr Feyi Olaofe, a regular user urged the contractors to ensure quick completion of the project for succour to road users.

“The suffering on this road has lingered for too long, especially in this rainy season, and I can only urge the state government to ensure that the project ends on schedule,’’ he said.

Mr Idris Saka, another road user, commended the Lagos State Government for embarking on the project.

“I quite agree that there is discomfort due to the ongoing construction on the road but it is expected.

“I am more concerned about the comfort I will enjoy when the work concluded,’’ he said.

https://punchng.com/why-work-on-lagos-badagry-expressway-is-slow-ccecc/
Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by johnie: 3:38am On Apr 25, 2019
can't verify the date the story above was published but Google search indicates it was published on April 2 2019.

The contents however don't seem to support that.
in my opinion.
Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by johnie: 3:52am On Apr 25, 2019
Sanwo-Olu: Fourth Mainland Bridge Not Our Priority

Olaseni Durojaiye

Concerned with the seeming slow pace at which some critical road projects are being executed in Lagos State, the governorship candidate of All Progressive Congress (APC), Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has said the construction of Fourth Mainland Bridge would not his priority if elected.

He said this while fielding questions from respondents on radio programme recently, assuring Lagos residents of their commitment to ensure early completion of the Lagos-Badagry expressway.

Sanwo-Olu, who was represented by his running mate, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, emphasised the need to ensure the completion of ongoing critical road projects that included the Lagos Badagry expressway.

According to him, both Badagry and Lekki-Epe expressways are so critical to the economy of Lagos, that no effort must be spared to ensure their early completion. To this end, issue of the proposed 4th Mainland Bridge may be delayed.

Specifically, the governorship candidate explained that the ongoing 60-kilometre Lagos-Badagry expressway project being executed by the state government should be completed as early as possible.

He noted that the project “has two major intermodal transport schemes namely; the Lagos-Badagry Expressway and the Light Rail Mass Transit with their accompanying infrastructure- 10 lanes superhighway taking off from Eric Moore interchange and traverses westward through Orile Iganmu, Alaba Oro, Mile 2, Festac, Agboju, Iyana Iba, Okokomaiko, Iyana Era, Ijanikin, Agbara, Ibereko and terminated at Badagry.

The goal is to connect Lagos with the ECOWAS countries. The initiative would no doubt, enhances the commercial and other business activities between the affected neighbouring countries.”

Besides, he acknowledged the importance of Lekki-Epe Expressway, which he said would be expanded and reconstructed, especially, from where it stopped now to the Lekki Free Trade Zone (LFTZ) in Akodo.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/01/13/sanwo-olu-fourth-mainland-bridge-not-our-priority/?amp
Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by DisGuy: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
Mm
Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by naptu2: 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2019
This is very bad news for the Red Line.

The Red Line was meant to run from Iddo to Agbado. It was meant to have linked up with the Blue Line at Iddo and continued to Marina on Lagos Island. It was to run beside the narrow gauge national rail network (on the same right of way). It would have had 13 stations: Agbado, Iju, Agege, Ikeja, Shogunle, Airport, Mafoluku, Ajao Estate, Oshodi, Mushin, Jibowu, Yaba, Ebute Metta.

However, the Federal Government is building a standard gauge rail system beside the old narrow gauge line. That line is expected to run from Lagos to Kano. The Lagos State commissioner for transportation has said (in the write up below) that the new national standard gauge line will take the place of the red line.

That’s bad news because the Red Line was meant to have 13 stations, including a station at the airport, while the new national line will only have 4 stations in the Lagos area (including Agbado). The stations are, Apapa, Ebute Metta, Agege and Agbado. There won’t be any station at the airport.

The Lagos State Government

15 November at 19:36

Lagos Blue Line Rail to commence operations in Y2021

The Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Dr. Frederic Oladeinde has disclosed that the Lagos Blue Line Rail will convey its first set of passengers in year 2021.

Speaking on ‘Lagos Today’, a programme aired by Lagos Television, Oladeinde stated that the present administration is committed to the completion date deadline, saying that the government is very passionate about the actualisation of an effective intra-State rail system.

Oladeinde explained further that the inter-State rail line currently being constructed by the Federal Government will serve as the Red Line Rail spanning from Alagbado to Marina.

“The rail and other modes of transportation are very key in the Strategic Transport Master Plan which will feature a sustainable and innovative integrated Multi-Modal System that will ultimately ease the traffic flow within the State”, Oladeinde said.

He averred that steps being taken to boost water transportation, including the partnership with UBER and local boat manufacturers to reduce the cost of boats, disclosing that Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA) will manage the movement of boats and patrol activities from a control room to be established by the government.

The Commissioner also stated that a team, comprising of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Lagos State Environmental Sanitation Corps (LAGESC), Lagos State Neighbourhood Safety Corps (LNSC), OPMESA and the Nigerian Police Force, has been set up and mandated to ease traffic gridlock in identified hotspots.

Accordingly, the team is expected to tackle the factors responsible for the congestion experienced on roads, including indiscriminate offloading and pick-up of passengers, especially by commercial vehicle operators, street trading and crossing of the expressway by pedestrians.

While noting that relevant stakeholders, including NURTW, have been notified and engaged to ensure compliance with traffic laws, Oladeinde affirmed that the ongoing enforcement will ultimately resolve traffic challenges around the 60 identified gridlock points in Lagos.

He, therefore, solicited the cooperation of Lagosians, assuring that all government investments in the transportation sector will result in an enduring solution to identified problems.

https://www.facebook.com/followlasg/posts/2729514617069787

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by johnie: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2019
Naptu2, thanks for keeping this thread and the Lekki one alive in my absence.
God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by naptu2: 5:05am On Dec 18, 2019
johnie:
Naptu2, thanks for keeping this thread and the Lekki one alive in my absence.

God bless you.

Thank you
Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by naptu2: 5:05am On Dec 18, 2019
Sanwoolu Marks The Completion Of The Blue Line Rail Bridge
https://www.nairaland.com/5586709/sanwoolu-marks-completion-blue-line#84995816
Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by Ajibel(m): 5:57am On Dec 18, 2019
naptu2, I don't think that report on the Red line is entirely correct. From a video I watched on Mr_JAGS status, Oladeinde said while they will use the same rail corridor being built by the FG for the red line which has just 3/4 stations, the LASG will build the remaining stations for the red line and connect to FG's rail corridor.

I am frantically looking for the video, the man has a lot of tweets on his TL cry
Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by naptu2: 6:23am On Dec 18, 2019
Ajibel:
naptu2, I don't think that report on the Red line is entirely correct. From a video I watched on Mr_JAGS status, Oladeinde said while they will use the same rail corridor being built by the FG for the red line which has just 3/4 stations, the LASG will build the remaining stations for the red line and connect to FG's rail corridor.

I am frantically looking for the video, the man has a lot of tweets on his TL cry

That's a relief.
Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by Ajibel(m): 7:11am On Dec 18, 2019
naptu2:

That's a relief.

Here is it sir, https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1206278170225369091

I like the fact JAGs uploads videos too instead of just images. Imagine if there was no video, we'd have believed that incomplete report on the RED Line.

I like his own SSA style.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by naptu2: 7:46am On Dec 18, 2019
Ajibel:

Here is it sir, https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1206278170225369091

I like the fact JAGs uploads videos too instead of just images. Imagine if there was no video, we'd have believed that incomplete report on the RED Line.

I like his own SSA style.

What's shocking is that the report was from the Lagos State Facebook page. They should have known better.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by naptu2: 7:45am On Dec 19, 2019
olajide8 created a thread about this project waaay back in 2012 and I participated on that thread. He has been taking pictures of the project periodically and these are some of the pictures below.

First, here's a link to the thread. https://www.nairaland.com/898591/fashola-woos-foreign-investment-partners

1 Like

Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by olajide8(m): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2019
naptu2:
olajide8 created a thread about this project waaay back in 2012 and I participated on that thread. He has been taking pictures of the project periodically and these are some of the pictures below.

First, here's a link to the thread. https://www.nairaland.com/898591/fashola-woos-foreign-investment-partners

Sanwo-olu said the blue line would be ready by 2023 - I guess paucity of funds or priority change has necessitated this, or maybe lthe story would have been different if ambode shared the same view

1 Like

Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by naptu2: 8:59am On Dec 19, 2019
Re: What's Happening On The Lagos Badagry Axis (2) by DisGuy: 4:05am On Dec 10, 2020
December 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented / Sen. Dino Melaye Slap His Royal Majesty Alaafin Of Oyo..."iku Baba Yeye" / Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.