Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! (8167 Views)

Please, Advise Poor People To Stop Bringing Innocent Children To Suffer On Earth / Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ??? / case closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by maclatunji: 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2012
Hello,

This thread is an extension of the thread Please Help Nairalander Perx https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855820.0.html  (So please read her story if you haven't done so before). We are indeed grateful for all your material and moral support for Perx so far- it goes a long way and is truly appreciated.

Perx is right now in hospital and is due for surgery this week-the first in a series that she needs to undergo before being able to walk again without pain.

As part of our efforts to raise funds towards Perx's case, we have decided to create this thread looking for 1,000 people that will contribute N1,000 towards Perx's surgeries, care and treatment. The aim is to raise N1,000 x 1,000 which equals N1 million, we like to call it The 1k4N1k Campaign.

This is without prejudice to the campaign already going on to help Perx. Hence, if you are willing to donate more than N1,000 or in foreign currency, please indicate your interest here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855820.0.html . The TeHN team will be glad to provide you with the necessary information.

If you like this idea and would like to donate N1,000. kindly let us know here so that the account details can be forwarded to you. We hope you will find space in your heart to donate towards making a positive change in this young lady's life. If we pool our resources together, we can turn her life around in a way that cannot be quantified.

Let us show compassion to someone in need.

Thank you and have a wonderful day. smiley
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by favourite(f): 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2012
im in
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2012
Leave the account number here . . .
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Outstrip(f): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2012
^^^
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by yamakuza: 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2012
^
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by edoyad(m): 10:03pm On Feb 13, 2012
If you really want Nigerians to donate to this cause, make available a method of showing those who have donated and how much they have given. We did something like that recently and it became a competition where we even surpassed our target.
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by maclatunji: 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2012
^I understand what you are saying and wish I could help to deliver that. Unfortunately, I and the members of TeHN are so tied-up with work that we may not be able to deliver that the way you have suggested.

I hope those who requested account details have received it.

Really feeling tired at the moment- hard day. I thank those that are working behind the scenes to make all of this sustainable.

May God bless you all abundantly.
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Nobody: 3:05am On Feb 14, 2012
Start this thread in various sections. It might help better.
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 14, 2012
edoyad:

If you really want Nigerians to donate to this cause, make available a method of showing those who have donated and how much they have given. We did something like that recently and it became a competition where we even surpassed our target.

that has been my problem with the charity threads, they end up being about egos trying to "outgive" the other. At some point i even saw some quarelling that their "gifts" had not been publicised on the thread! undecided
If you must give, give . . . dont make it about a competition but about your own compassion.
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by agiboma(f): 8:36am On Feb 14, 2012
What is the account details please send it to agiboma@gmail.com
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 14, 2012
send account details to sadyobi@yahoo.com
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by baby6: 11:26am On Feb 14, 2012
Pls send account details to bukkyola@hotmail.co.uk
thanks
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by zill(f): 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2012
Pls send me the acc details. Thanks
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by favourite(f): 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2012
i havent receive the account number or you can leave it here
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Sholaf(f): 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2012
maclatunji:

^I understand what you are saying and wish I could help to deliver that. Unfortunately, I and the members of TeHN are so tied-up with work that we may not be able to deliver that the way you have suggested.

I hope those who requested account details have received it.

Really feeling tired at the moment- hard day. I thank those that are working behind the scenes to make all of this sustainable.

Please send details to:
o.onipede@gmail.com
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by maxxy: 2:01pm On Feb 14, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Leave the account number here . . .

Seriously, is there a problem with posting the account number? I see that the same omission exists in all other threads.

In these days of internet banking, its quite easy to do a transfer to the account without needing to put up your email here for the spamists to have a jolly time with.

I want to do a transfer thats why am making this observation and not a mockery of your efforts.
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by yamakuza: 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2012
^ Once you signify interest, the payment details will be sent to you on Nairaland via PM (Private Message).

No need to drop your email addresses. If you have, kindly edit/delete.

All you have to do is type: i'm in! or something along that line.
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2012
Please PM the paypal details to me.
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by uche13: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
I am in please.
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2012
maclatunji:

^I understand what you are saying and wish I could help to deliver that. U[b]nfortunately, I and the members of TeHN are so tied-up with work that we may not be able to deliver that the way you have suggested. [/b]

This is about money issue and we talking about Nigeria where trust has been blown with the oshodi train, no one trust anyone anymore.
So to realy get what you want, you might have to go extra mile to make people believe in the cause of the donation, people wanna see more, the time you would spend in sending mail to different people for the account number, if you leave it here, i am sure people might do more.
Looking for 1000 People is not a joke, so go beyond the norm since you are asking people to go beyond the norms.
I will not mind to donate, but i surely need to know that the money is going to where it was promised to go.
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by maclatunji: 12:17am On Feb 15, 2012
I agree with you 100% but my hands are tied- I had not been able to browse NL for about 12 hours due to work and there are so many other constraints related to what you are rightfully and genuinely asking for. Let us just put it this way: use what you have to get what you want. What we want is to help this young lady, so bear with the obvious inefficiencies- I hope you understand.
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Fhemmmy: 12:24am On Feb 15, 2012
^^^ OK, Sir
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by ceasyc(f): 11:28am On Feb 15, 2012
To God be the glory, great things he hath done. . . Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His Voice. . . And give him the glory great things he hath done.

God bless u all so much!
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Idowuogbo(f): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2012
edoyad:

Sir i don't know if you aware about a certain thread that was opened initially for this same course,since no1 has taken time out to brief you on the matter [b]I WOULD!.[/b]A forecast has already been posted on a previous thread stating who have donated and the amounts donated.It also has the d existing balance of what was received in Nigeria and out of Nigeria,this thread is an extension of a new campaign strategy which we the campaigners and the supporters have agreed might boost the figures and the target we aiming for.So pls feel free to check the below link for illustrations Cheers!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855820.128.html
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Idowuogbo(f): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
davidylan:

that has been my problem with the charity threads, they end up being about egos trying to "outgive" the other. At some point i even saw some quarelling that their "gifts" had not been publicised on the thread! undecided
If you must give, give . . . dont make it about a competition but about your own compassion.
+100000 cool
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by ceasyc(f): 1:50pm On Feb 15, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Sir i don't know if you aware about a certain thread that was opened initially for this same course,since no1 has taken time out to brief you on the matter [b]I WOULD!.[/b]A forecast has already been posted on a previous thread stating who have donated and the amounts donated.It also has the d existing balance of what was received in Nigeria and out of Nigeria,this thread is an extension of a new campaign strategy which we the campaigners and the supporters have agreed might boost the figures and the target we aiming for.So pls feel free to check the below link for illustrations Cheers!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855820.128.html

babes u sure say na d right link b dat? I no c am there oh but check dis link below tho

"Please find the attached:

1. The Paypal Contribution till date
2. The Contributions in Nigeria as at of 12noon today with the expenditure on the project so far."

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=855820.msg10158877#msg10158877
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Ayo7(m): 1:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
send me the account number

Regards
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Mavor: 2:02pm On Feb 15, 2012
Dude where account number?
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Idowuogbo(f): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2012
^Sir if u need d account details you have to make it known to d intial thread,forecasts are open to all and I am quite sure u wud be delighted seeing ur name up wiv the list dat made a difference to Perx's life.Thank you God Bless!

P.S- See d link Ceasyc posted d cordinators are dere to help also.Abeg add odeku money for me 2 o  wink cheesy
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Idowuogbo(f): 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2012
ceasyc:

babes u sure say na d right link b dat? I no c am there oh but check dis link below tho

"Please find the attached:

1. The Paypal Contribution till date
2. The Contributions in Nigeria as at of 12noon today with the expenditure on the project so far."

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=855820.msg10158877#msg10158877
Well done am loving d team work kiss
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by fortunejum: 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2012
Scamoooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each! by Dyt(f): 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^ F off

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Comes First, Your Mother Or Your Wife? / What Does The Future Hold?....should The Wedding Be Cancelled? / What Is Bvn (Bank Verification Number) All About And Why Does One Has To Do It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.