Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,096 members, 7,953,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:39 PM

Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You (7288 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers / Live Photos: Kill Bokoharam Not Students, Uniben Students Tell Nigerain Army / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 14, 2012
Ibos and other South South/South East lecturers are horrible. Eastern Unis are something else; you can never compare them to Western ones, I mean in Nigeria. No tribalism pls
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by mattsilver50yahoocom: 7:47am On Feb 14, 2012
lecturers attitude toward students are mostly annoying. I can't really give out all right now but i give the two most annoyed ones in my school. In my first year there is this lecturer who always dictates( dats is ok right? wait let me finish) silently to the class where almost 150 students are present. If u are not lucky to be in the front, it will amount to wasting of time and enegy if you attend the lecture because u ll not hear a word, we complained and he said its as a result of noise, but even in the presense of absolute decorum, u ll still nt heat this man. To my gratest suprise, i walked in to his office one day, u need to see how this man argued with his collegues at the top of his voice, shouting and ranting in an inconsiderate manner. , My Gawd!, there is this malam lecturer whose discpline( shouting,giving out unnessecary commands) suppases dat of an army general. Is very annoying, let me quickly use this forum to appeal to all our lecturers to please be considerate in their conduct and approach toward students- without students there can not lecturers. Thanks
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by BasseyJ(m): 8:16am On Feb 14, 2012
Well, i really dont know if some of you'll agree with me on this one, but there's this lecturer who likes teaching, habaaa, the man teach die, anytime he see's us not receiving lectures, he's like, oya come lemme teach u guys, i know it's good to teach o, but sometimes we are just leaveing another lectures and he takes us back in for hours on end, and he teaches Maths, maths for like 4 hours nonstop, before he finally ends the lectures, just like 10% of the class would still be understanding him and the few things you picked up earlier would have been lost trying to keep up with him.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by FEMARY1: 8:18am On Feb 14, 2012
Guys are really pouring out their minds. I hope this helps.smiley

Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Sagamite(m): 11:52am On Feb 14, 2012
Atigba:

Way back then in school, there is this lecturer of mine,every he does sucks it irritate me, mostly,he too de carry girls, imagine i woke up to his office one faithful day and caught him sucking one of my class mate bosom,to my surprise he even had a small robber that contain a liittle water,he use to wash any girls bosom that he want to sucks because sucking it?, it irritates me, i hate that men, i hate that?

He must have definitely been a bad teacher because this your grammar na champion gba.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by FlyboyZee: 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2012
There was this lecturer back then in school, who just walks into the class with a long notebook, faces the board and starts writing without talking to anybody. After 1 hour of frantic note copying. He raises his head up and tells the class goodday!

Imagine, that you were a student in such a class.

It is also so annoying when lecturers, who are supposed to be more knowledgeable than the students cannot see common recent changes that have occured in their disciplines, only for you as a student who is studious and more up-to-date to try educating them, just to save them the embarrassment. They (the lecturers) will see you as trying to upset the status quo (as in teacher must always teach student) and try to make a fool of you, intimidate or even victimize you for trying to bring them up to date. You may not understand what I'm saying if your field is not science-oriented.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2012
Lecturers; They should better receive their rewards here on earth.
A is for God, B is for the lecturer, C is for the genuises, D is for the average student, That was one of my lecturer‘s saying.
Then imagine our grades in that course!
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by pfaj: 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2012
dis reminds me of skool days (NT SO LONG AGO), i had a lecturer who wud come to class and spend 1 hr out of 2hrs to conduct praise and worship section and only 30mins to teach ,
Another one is dat some lecturers were so dry and boring bt u MUST LISTEN TO THEM COS OF THEIR TEST N EXAMS, wen they talk u want to pull ur hair out.
N some lecturers make themselves so high and mighty as if they were God, in fact dey believe dey are gods in the dept, mtweecheee,
lecturers shud be more approachable and friendly, n dey shud TEACH N NOT COME TO GIST OR GIVE OUT NOTES, OR ABUSE PPLS,
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by yme1(f): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2012
Sagamite:

He must have definitely been a bad teacher because[b] this your grammar na champion gba.[/b]
oh lawd cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Wislet(f): 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2012
sexyTi:

My goodness!!! some of the grammar is on here is indeed repulsive!!!! shocked
Lmao. Is this grammar?? :*
fellis:

Pot calling kettle black.
grin grin
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Wislet(f): 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2012
uncle SAGA, i neva see ur green light oo
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Sagamite(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2012
Wislet:

uncle SAGA, i neva see ur green light oo

After you made me miss road? tongue

Its on amber, no worry, it will soon be very green. wink grin
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Sagamite(m): 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2012
What is WRONG with you people?

When you complain about a lecturer, NAME THEM! State their name, university and department. Humiliate the pathetic muthafuckers.

Why are you all just saying "one lecturer", "there was this lecturer".

It seems most of you deserve what you got since you have no balls to even make an anonymous complaint have some minute impact!

Name the pathetic muthafuckers creating a generation of cretins I see daily on NL.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Wislet(f): 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2012
Sagamite:

After you made me miss road? tongue

Its on amber, no worry, it will soon be very green. wink grin
no vex naa grin
look am again nw.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by BasseyJ(m): 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2012
Sagamite:

What is WRONG with you people?

When you complain about a lecturer, NAME THEM! State their name, university and department. Humiliate the pathetic muthafuckers.

Why are you all just saying "one lecturer", "there was this lecturer".

It seems most of you deserve what you got since you have no balls to even make an anonymous complaint have some minute impact!

Name the pathetic muthafuckers creating a generation of cretins I see daily on NL.
ermmm, in my case, that'll be a bad idea, cos they are sadly still my lecturers, and would(may) be for a year more, a year which i dont want to be extended indefinitely
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Sagamite(m): 7:51pm On Feb 14, 2012
BasseyJ:

ermmm, in my case, that'll be a bad idea, cos they are sadly still my lecturers, and would(may) be for a year more, a year which i dont want to be extended indefinitely

Na your real name you dey use?

You be Akwa Ibom/Cross River pikin? cheesy
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by BasseyJ(m): 11:12pm On Feb 14, 2012
Sagamite:

Na your real name you dey use?

You be Akwa Ibom/Cross River pikin? cheesy
Sha, no be my real name i dey use, and i no be cross river pikin. Make person go first b4 i go paste my own lecturers name
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Sagamite(m): 5:48am On Feb 15, 2012
BasseyJ:

Sha, no be my real name i dey use, and i no be cross river pikin. Make person go first b4 i go paste my own lecturers name

So how is he going to know you are the one that named him?

My friend, your case is not different, you deserve what you get since you have no balls to even make an anonymous complaint and have some minute impact!

I guess God only made made a few Mandelas, Saro Wiwas, Wallaces, Fawehinmis, Luther Kings, Wilberforces etc

Your likes only like to talk about people like that.

You can't even do a smidgen of what these people did. It shows the fact only a few are born leaders or heroes, majority in life are followers and selfish.

Ball-less disgrace!
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 15, 2012
What is balls? You mean football? *chuckling*
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by babanne(m): 10:47am On Feb 15, 2012
@Ozegbe and beebee2000
Well, for security reasons, i will only tell you that i am an educator(lecturer) in a federal polytechnic in nigeria.But i wont tell you more than that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Scary Looking Animals But Are Actually Harmless To Humans / Solutions To Examination Malpractice / Maduka University College, Enugu Celebrates Its First Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.