Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,516 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You (7229 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Offend Your Lecturers / Live Photos: Kill Bokoharam Not Students, Uniben Students Tell Nigerain Army / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by babanne(m): 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2012
I happen to be one of Nigerian educators and want to know from students things we educators do that we might not know irritate our students.Though, personally, I tried a great deal to be polite and deliver my lectures diligently without missing my classes, but I still feel there could be other things I'm not aware of that students want from their educators.I know this might help some of our colleagues to better their modus operandi. Please write sincere comments and don't abuse us. Educators too may contribute.Thanks.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Ozegbe(m): 5:45pm On Feb 13, 2012
can you tell us first the kind of educator you are. are you a lecturer, a teacher or a lesson teacher or probably you lecture at a professional organisation? this could help a lot.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2012
^ u took the words out of my mouth, tongue
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2012
Makin some kinda calls and discussin stuffs datz nuh our bizness, D ones about much money are more annoying!!
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by GboyegaD(m): 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2012
During my undergraduate days, I had this lecturer that comes late to all his classes and keeps receiving calls in class. The days he took attendance were days when most of us did not come to class cos we had a major CA that evening and those who came had to leave after 30minutes since it was an hour lecture.
Another one was lecturers interferring in our dressing like asking us to go out because we are not tucking our shirts in.
More so, lecturers taking us for granted was one very insulting thing that I experienced during my undergraduate days though I hardly attend lectures but they were irritating to me. For those who attend all lectures, I believe they would have lot more to say.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by AnneMarie2(f): 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2012
This lecturer comes to classlate and still demands for a big bottle of table water,tells d rep to get him one(wastin more of d lecture time).Then complains about how stuffy d class is as if we r nt all in it togeda.

1 Like

Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Atigba: 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2012
Way back then in school, there is this lecturer of mine,every he does sucks it irritate me, mostly,he too de carry girls, imagine i woke up to his office one faithful day and caught him sucking one of my class mate breast,to my surprise he even had a small robber that contain a liittle water,he use to wash any girls breast that he want to sucks because sucking it?, it irritates me, i hate that men, i hate that?
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by otokx(m): 7:01pm On Feb 13, 2012
you really woke up to his office

1 Like

Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by sheyguy: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2012
otokx:

lol
Atigba:

Way back then in school, there is this lecturer of mine,every he does sucks it irritate me, mostly,he too de carry girls, imagine i woke up to his office one faithful day and caught him sucking one of my class mate bosom,to my surprise he even had a small robber that contain a liittle water,he use to wash any girls bosom that he want to sucks because sucking it?, it irritates me, i hate that men, i hate that?

does he take cocaine?
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by johnshagb(m): 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2012
otokx:

You took the word outta my mouth.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2012
Atigba:

Way back then in school, there is this lecturer of mine,every he does sucks it irritate me, mostly,he too de carry girls, imagine I[b] woke up[/b] to his office one faithful day and caught him sucking one of my class mate bosom,to my surprise he even had a small[b] robber[/b] that contain a liittle water,he[b] use[/b] to wash any girls bosom that he[b] want[/b] to[b] sucks[/b] because sucking it?, it irritates me, i hate that[b] men, i hate that?[/b]

My Gawd!! Are you a graduate? Can you read what you wrote? Your writing is very horrid and awful. You indeed need to improve on it dude.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2012
That humiliating treatment. Treating you like s.hit. Looking down on you as if you will not be anything more than you are now. I hate it and those lecturers with passion.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by beeke(m): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2012
Atigba:

Way back then in school, there is this lecturer of mine,every he does sucks it irritate me, mostly,he too de carry girls, imagine i woke up to his office one faithful day and caught him sucking one of my class mate bosom[b],to my surprise he even had a small robber that contain a liittle water,he use to wash any girls bosom that he want to sucks because sucking it?[/b], it irritates me, i hate that men, i hate that?
Please can you explain to us how you found out that d small robber containing a little water was meant to wash girls milk industry before sucking resume or are you one of those he had suck in d past. please say d truth and i pray it to set you free embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed and again i need answer to this. wen you woke up in the mans office were you in your panties and bra?

1 Like

Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by dasparrow: 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2012
beeke:

Please can you explain to us how you found out that d small robber containing a little water was meant to wash girls milk industry before sucking resume or are you one of those he had suck in d past. please say d truth and i pray it to set you free embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed and again i need answer to this. wen you woke up in the mans office were you in your panties and bra?

LOL grin
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by freecocoa(f): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2012
[b]Where do i start from now?too numerous but i'll share a few.

There's this lecturer of mine that likes writing whatever note he has on the board himself,we've begged him to dictate to no avail,give course rep to write na,not in this world. You'd say that's good right?just wait let me tell you the problem with that.

The thing is,he starts writing and we all follow,all of a sudden he starts cleaning the board from where he just removed the board marker,i.e where he just wrote the last thing we are yet to copy,he doesn't even clean everything he wrote o,he leaves the beginning,cleans the last and then continues the continuing part of what he cleaned under the first part thereby making us lost,if you weren't in class when he cleaned,you won't know what you see on the board isn't a complete note except you read through and get confused at some point(which is usually the case). At first we all complained and he said we are slow and we were like "sir clean from the top and continue from the there na" and he normally says"if you don't follow then that's your biz" we only manage to understand his course by textbook or the very little explanation he gives,nobody in my class has a complete note of his course,you must see some space left for all the ones he cleaned before we could copy it,the most annoying thing is that all his topics have notes.

Another one always walks into class reeking of alcohol,then he uses 1hr 30 mins out of his 2hr class to make jokes and talk dirty,the rest 30 mins is used to teach what we hardly understand.

Another one rarely comes to class,then comes a week to exam and uses that one week to teach topics that are supposed to be taught for almost two months.

One nonsense woman always answer calls at 5 mins intervals when in class.

One old man always insults people's father if they don't get the answers to his questions right,he says things like "your father is a f00l for sending a dunce like you to school",etc.

Walai some lecturers are not supposed to be educators for real. [/b]
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2012
One of these f00ls told us that there was nothing that we could ever write in the exams that he would score us up to 60 points. He said if he scored us 50, that we were geniuses. I went ahead and beat him to the bet. I scored an exact 60 in his course, though from all the stuff I wrote, I should have scored an 80.

Another would spend 95% of the time gisting with us and talking about screwing girls and the remaining 5% he spent telling us to go and read our textbooks.

Another one will spend the entire period abusing us and telling us that we would never pass his course (he was a Professor). He will tell us that didn't we know that his last born son was far older and better doing than us.

Wicked Nigerian lecturers.

1 Like

Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by damola1: 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2012
They talked we listened.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2012
Well, like others said, gisting in class. Gisting rubbish unimportant crap wey no consain us.
There is this female lecturer in my school that is a champion at doing that. The annoying thing about her own case is that she locks the door to the class after she comes in. Why is she locking the door when she knows she wants to spend 70% of the time gisting? Then there are male lecturers and their skirt-chasing palava.
You go to their office to complain that your name is not on their list of students doing the course and the dude asks you to write your name on a sheet of paper. And write your mat. number. And write your phone number. I no know weda they plan to omit girls' names from the list so that they can get their numbers.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by eghost247(m): 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2012
Ozegbe:

can you tell us first the kind of educator you are. are you a lecturer, a teacher or a lesson teacher or probably you lecture at a professional organisation? this could help a lot.
wink wink wink
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Kcwarren: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2012
One Lecturer always hate to explain how he got to a certain formula. He will always say "ITS NOT A MUST U UNDERSTAND IT TODAY and SOME WILL NOT UNDERSTAND TILL AFTER THE EXAMS!!
ANOTHER ONE WILL BE COPYING HIS HANDOUT ON THE BOARD FOR US!!
PATHETIC LECTURERS!!
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by IbroSaunks(m): 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2012
I hate it when lecturers complete a syllabus in just 3 lecturers, it's annoying being rushed like that.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2012
Wow since we are talking about lecturer's, well i have loads to talk about.

First, there is this lecturer who say no one can have an A, or B in his course unless you are a genius, doesn't teach in class, all he does is to abuse us and pride away about his achievements. Spends 1hr 30mins discussing his feats when he was an undergrad, and the remaining 30mins reading through his text book made necessary but not compulsory, Thank goodness i didn't fail his course turned phy101 to a dreadful course for all science and engineering students.

Secondly i encountered another demon who called himself a lecturer in my second year, who told us lecturers are sadist, i remember he said this to us when someone cracked a joke and we laughed in his presence.*** u need to see this man, has a sad face and an ugly look******

I can go on and on, but i think most Nigerian lecturer's are really not supposed to be educators, i maybe wrong but it's my opinion from past experience.

So @op try talk to your colleagues or try not to be like them.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by IbroSaunks(m): 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2012
why cant I modify my previous post, there's a blunder in it embarassed
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 13, 2012
IbroSaunks:

why cant I modify my previous post, there's a blunder in it embarassed
seconded.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by missdee1(f): 12:22am On Feb 14, 2012
D one I really dislike most is dis man dat misses his lect. hrs wiv no justification and expects us to recieve about 4hrs lecture at a go at an extremely uncomfortable period. Infact he plans on doing it again dis wk.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 3:24am On Feb 14, 2012
What I hate most about Lecturers is that some of them feel that since they have been lecturing for years you cannot teach them anything new. Infact many of them don't even upgrade their knowledge base at all. They just keep teaching students outdated stuff and when a student dares to point that out to them, they easily take offence.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by gulfer: 6:03am On Feb 14, 2012
Chewing Aboki Kolanut and lecturing, Mscheww, irritating!!!!!
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Acidosis(m): 6:16am On Feb 14, 2012
gulfer:

Chewing Aboki Kolanut and lecturing, Mscheww, irritating!!!!!
shocked shocked WHICH SCHOOL IS DAT? IS IT A SCHOOL IN THE WEST? grin
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by sexyTi(f): 6:22am On Feb 14, 2012
My goodness!!! some of the grammar is on here is indeed repulsive!!!! shocked
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Acidosis(m): 6:35am On Feb 14, 2012
Acidosis:

shocked shocked WHICH SCHOOL? IS IT A SCHOOL IN THE WEST? grin
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 14, 2012
some of the grammer is on here is indeed repulsive!!!
Pot calling kettle black.
Re: Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You by gulfer: 6:57am On Feb 14, 2012
Acidosis:

shocked shocked WHICH SCHOOL IS DAT? IS IT A SCHOOL IN THE WEST? grin
Acidosis, your post number should be celebrated. 2012, that is what it reads now, Congrats.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Virus A Living Thing Or Non Living Thing / How To Calculate LASU Aggregate Score For Admission / Offline Report Card For Schools. The School Around You Wants It! (video N Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.