Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Cbn Explains Kano Donation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cbn Explains Kano Donation (8239 Views)

Caught In Employment Scam - CBN Explains "Secret Recruitment" / Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com / My View On Buhari's Wife And Her Evil N137 Million IDP Donation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2012
For those of you with no clue what the CBN objectives and mandates are, kindly visit the following links for some education

http://www.cenbank.org/out/publications/pressrelease/gov/2007/pr3-7-07.pdf

http://www.cenbank.org/OUT/PUBLICATIONS/BSD/2007/CBNACT.PDF

http://www.cenbank.org/
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by tiarabubu: 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
marvix:

@tiarabubu, ifr Yobe nd Borno needs it more let their indigenes assist, they definitely hav indigenes running a couple of lucrative govt establishments, I don't kno y SLS even bothered explainin abt visitin Madala church is he d one dat sent d boko haram guys there y shld he not think of his own people, if odas don't know how to help their own people shld we now blame SLS 4 helpin his own people, is there any govt organisation run by Yorubas dat u don't see d yorubas enjoyin some privilege in employment, let's stop all dis hypicrisy, SLS shld b applauded 4 identifyin with his people in times of trouble!!!!

Its because of your mentality that Nigeria is in the MESS that we are in. Everyone thinks of how to misappropriate money for the benefit of their states or kin. ITS A SHAME! WHAT IS WRONG IS WRONG even if its done by my brother.

I am not from Borno or Yobe, but if they deserve help so be it.

By your logic its OK for the IG to ignore Borno since he is not from there; GEJ to ignore the north because the crisis doesnt affect the Niger Delta. Maybe Oniwon should pump petrol only to Kogi his state!

Dude, we need less of your type in Naija if we are to move forward as a nation
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by marvix(m): 10:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
Tirabubu u definitely missed it, Oniwon can not decide to pump petrol only 2 his state cos he is paid to ensure dat there is petrol all over d country but he can get NNPC to give scholarship grant to a university from his state, the IG is not doing anyone a favour by providing security anywhere in d nation but if he chooses to help a widows union he can choose his state, if dis does not make sense to u let me know?
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by nagoma(m): 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2012
@road Star

Even after we separate ( and I hope and pray it will happen very very soon - amen) we will have to deal with BH. We have no real president to deal with them now. When we sort the problem out You will then know whether they speak for us or not. I want you just like your brother 9 ja voice to be in the same group with me - those who want separation urgently. ( TWWSU) . You said the Igbos are clear in their minds and ready , I am happy with that although they said the are not leaving kano. See link I gave above. I am sure you guys will sort it out in the most friendly manner,
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by soloqy: 12:47am On Feb 16, 2012
Please, is Sanusi's tenure not supposed to have run its cause? Is it not four years yet? I thought the CBN governor in Nigeria has a four year tenure? This man should just leave. Its been the worst of all CBN Governors. From the return of round-tripping , to irresponsible use of public funds and no meaningful monetary policies. Just leave ok?
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Kilode1: 12:48am On Feb 16, 2012
Ok. So when will the money be returned.

Or is Sanusi going to dash CBN money to every Village in Nigeria before we correct this?

When will this illegally donated public funds return back to source?

Impunity!
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Gaskia: 7:46am On Feb 16, 2012
I have always said that the managemnt of any economy does not require an eratic personality. It's dangerous to any economy.
SLS was initially hounded by the pedigree of Soludo and decided to react beyond reasonable limits, took to the press spontaneously and played to the gallery on very sensitive issues. This conveys immaturity.

-If the banking crisis were as genuine as he made the public believe, why did he not allow the sacked CEOs fair hearing, at least an opportunity to explain.

-Which independent third party subjected the findings to scrutiny?

-Why is the inhouse CBN probe result not published after two years?

-All the bailed out organisations in Europe and US survived and are still existing as corporate entities, where are the bailed out Nigerian banks today?

- why spend trillions of monies that would have been used for infrastructural development on banks then you auction them to 'investors of choice'?

-Why 'inject' over N350B in intercontinental and sell 75% of it to Access bank at N50B and federal govt has only 15%, this is an inverse proportion an unethical.

-Immagine spending over N200B in finbank and selling it for only N6.00B where there were others willing to pay higher, why waste our money?

- Why allow Unity bank who was in a more grave position an opportunity to do public offer and retain her identity and deny others, why the double standard?

-Why is it difficult to convict any of the CEOs for actual 'stealing' after over two years of litigation, even EFCC is always going back to look for evidences? is it that SLS controlled the press and made us belief him?

- Can you immagine that over 17,0000 bankers have lost their jobs for issues that could have been handled differntly and actual culprits punished while the institutions stay? I think we could have actually bailed out those institutions if they were truly sick not the make beleif sick.

-On the Nationalised banks, he gave them a period to accept his forced partners then announced their liquidations two weeks before the expiration of the time, (this to me is sinister).

-Countries world wide are taking to Universal banking to deepen their participation in global business , soludo introduced it and you knoced it off because you do not understand the 'simple complexity' about it, that was why Olusegun aganga said ' our proplems ar not universal banking, we only lack the capacity to manage it's emerging challenges' if you dont know what to do, why not ask others in humility?

-One of the problems of Nigerian banks is that politically exposed persons and big businesses borrow and delay or refuse to pay, why did CBN not concentrate her force and power agianst the borrowers instead of the lenders. Some of the big borrowers are still free in politics and business without intention to pay but CBN chosed to spend too much energy fighting the lender.

- You have depleted the no. of banks who are equal opportunity employers and have opened islamic banks which is skewed to moslems.

-All the sectoral intervention funds in Agric, Textile, Power and Manufacturing has yielded no result because the economy is still in shambles due to you economic mangement ineptitude.

- A CBN gov is supposed to be the chief economist.

- You deceive the public as if AMCON was your idea, this was one of Soludo's 13 point plan to insulate Nigerian economy from accute effect of the global melt down. When he said we are insulated, he meant it because he had put up a plan which was already submitted to ministry of finance and NASS. I bet you, if he was there , our economy would have fared better.

-His comments about the country was positive so there was no need for foreigners to withdraw their monies from our NSE and eroding our wealth.

In summary, your ills shall stand face to face with you soon.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by kjhova(m): 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2012
Well said @Gaskia,
This CBN governor has succeded in destroying all the gains of the Soludo led OBJ era. He has only achieved IMO the shooting of the head in order to cure a headache. When he intervened on 14-Aug-2009, he claimed it was necessary to protect all stake holders. Banks owners have lost their holdings since then, shareholders have seen their stock wiped out, mgt has been dismissed, staff appointment has been terminated & loans have been withdrawn from genuine benefactors. Pray, ask Sanusi to tell us what stake holders has he then protected!
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by marvix(m): 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2012
Kj hova he protected the depositors, the usual casualties wen banks fail, I was in Intercontinental bank in 2008 when in a bid to make nd declare sweet profits 4 dec we debited all savings acc bankwide of N200 as cost of new withdrawal booklet even dormant accs were debited and debit alert was blocked so customers didn't know wat they were charged for, do u hav an idea wat it means to say bank owners had lost their investments?, they don't hav the capital to even run a bank all they are playing with is depositors funds, in 2009 in preparation 4 financial year end marketers in Intercontinental were asked to go and get cheques even if they were dud cheques of N100m so dat instant values can b given b4 the cheques go for clearing and then deposit base wld b higher than what we actually have, this is wat I know personally cos I was there and a marketa also, maybe if ur dad had his life savings and d bank had gone under and he had 2 wait 4 5yrs to get N250k frm all d amount he saved u would wish death on the bank owners, shareholders and staff!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shiites Demand Zakzaky’s Release Before Panel Appearance / Population Outgrows Economy Amid Rising Dependants, Misery / Lagos To Harvest From 10,000 Hectares of Land Acquired From Other States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.