Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Cbn Explains Kano Donation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cbn Explains Kano Donation (8240 Views)

Caught In Employment Scam - CBN Explains "Secret Recruitment" / Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com / My View On Buhari's Wife And Her Evil N137 Million IDP Donation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by marvix(m): 3:32pm On Feb 15, 2012
Kobojunkie u are assuming these people to be fools and wicked people who would take money 4 unjustifiable causes, but dat is not d real scenario, the pple put in boards are screened and are on oath to work in d interest of d nation, there are procedures and process for all these things if u are on a board u do not hav to b loyal to any mgt staff or executiv, there is a disaster the executiv says I want us to give a widows mite of a N10m and d board says N10m is small we can make it N50 and then approve, no body has done wrong. Now where something goes wrong is if d out of d N50m only N20m was given to the state and d board and d executive shared N30m then the EFCC nd auditors wld come in and prosecute, so my sister Kobojunkie we must put issues in perspectiv and always speak d truth just so u kno I'm from Uromi in Edo state and I don't hav any relation who was involved in d kano attack and I'm not even saying that the funds would get to the real victims but just lik I do in church afta givin my offering I don't start probing what it is used for, we hab d EFCC, the SFU in d police force to investigate how d money was spent, until we start identifyin responsibilities of individuals and agencies we wld neva b able to move 4ward as a nation
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2012
marvix:

Kobojunkie u are assuming these people to be fools and wicked people who would take money 4 unjustifiable causes, but dat is not d real scenario, the pple put in boards are screened and are on oath to work in d interest of d nation, there are procedures and process for all these things if u are on a board u do not hav to b loyal to any mgt staff or executiv, there is a disaster the executiv says I want us to give a widows mite of a N10m and d board says N10m is small we can make it N50 and then approve, no body has done wrong.

You ruin whatever you have to or intend to say when you make stu_pid assumptions yourself. Where in the my post did you get the highlighted from?

This issue HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER THE CAUSE THE MONEY WENT/IS TO GO TO IS JUSTIFIABLE OR NOT . . . This is about the authority with which this donation was made . . . . CBN is NOT a part of the executive, legislative or judiciary arms of our government that it should then have the authority to dip it's hands into the Nigerian pocket, and make decisions on the spending of the people's money.

Again. . . . .

Kobojunkie:

Is giving public funds to public funds a bad thing . . . . the answer is YES, especially when you HAVE NO AUTHORITY to do that.

If you do that for house, dem go call you thief!!! You touch wetin no belong to you . . . period!!

What part of the above are you really having a problem with? The part where you are told that the CBN Board of Governors have no authority to make decisions on how the People's money should be spent, or the part that the CBN act of 2007 does not give the CBN and the Board any such authority to make decisions on how OUR MONEY should be spent??
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2012
marvix:

Now where something goes wrong is if d out of d N50m only N20m was given to the state and d board and d executive shared N30m then the EFCC nd auditors wld come in and prosecute, so my sister Kobojunkie we must put issues in perspectiv and always speak d truth just so u kno I'm from Uromi in Edo state and I don't hav any relation who was involved in d kano attack and I'm not even saying that the funds would get to the real victims but just lik I do in church afta givin my offering I don't start probing what it is used for, we hab d EFCC, the SFU in d police force to investigate how d money was spent, until we start identifyin responsibilities of individuals and agencies we wld neva b able to move 4ward as a nation

This makes no sense at all!!! Why in the world do we have laws, stipulations, mandates if it is OK for anyone or any group to decide to OVERRIDE it whenever it chooses? What the heck are you even spewing here??

And please stop insulting me by positing I may be your sister . . . . .
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by DuduNegro: 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
Re: Cbn Jarus Explains Kano Donation

Hey Jarus, tell Seun to free Negro_Ntns abeg! Negro wan talk the truth behind this Kano donation!!
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by aribisala0(m): 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2012
The CBN should not be making donations to anyone. This donation has clearly embarassed the government of the day. I cannot remember a more controversial governor in the bank's history.
The Bank should NOT have the funds to donate in the first place!
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Beync(f): 4:10pm On Feb 15, 2012
@jarus stop these lies. In the other thread u said the paris priest said they will contact their head office before acceptin the money. Now see what other propaganda had said. The priest traveled.let's asume they went their to donate, why now? It getin to two months since the blast and sanusi was not move until kano blasts. Meaning he woudnt hav been move to donate althou we know this crap is cooked up to cover his mess. This aboki sanusi thinks all nigerians hav nuts as brain jus like him. Smh
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Dede1(m): 4:11pm On Feb 15, 2012
The bigot, named Sanusi, whose nepotistic trends in CBN affairs as exemplified with his latest donation of N300m to Kano State bombing victims while sitting nonchalantly on the plight of victims from other states as a result of acts perpetrated by the Islamized numbskulls called Boko Haram, should be fired.

This is the same type of unchecked nepotism, among other things, that invited the coup of January 15, 1966. Some moronic dullards are standing up shameful defense for an indefensible bigotry and nepotism exhibited by Sanusi. Ironically, the same brief holders for Sanusi shall be first loudmouths that would shout tribalism if a swift reaction occurs.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Dede1(m): 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Hey Jarus, tell Seun to free Negro_Ntns abeg! Negro wan talk the truth behind this Kano donation!!

Negro_nuts should be freed not because of what he or she knows but acts of stupidity. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by chamber2(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
First, i don't like commenting on NL politics sector discussions because of its ethnic oriented, insult prone dimensions.

However, i must commend Jarus and Kobojunkies' viewpoint on this issue.

I am an ardent critic of Sanusi's policies, both offline and online. This is not because of his ethnicity, religion or any other mundane attachments. I am not just comfortable with most of his approaches to national issues knowing fully well how volatile such issues are.

There is no rationale to donate N100m to victims of kano bomb attack alone, especially when there has been such victims in the last few months. Any body who believes in the one Nigerian concept should do well to discourage such unfortunate events, especially when it is coming from an institution that represents our national unity.

This is not the first time SLS is making such pathetic miscalculations. During the tensed periods of the Boko haram insurgency and the violence that followed last elections, he declared the Islamic banking initiative. Even though the islamic banking idea may favour all Nigerians but i think the timing and approach was ill-conceived.

Sanusi seems to rely so much on impulse rather than reason in handling national issues and this, i so much eschew.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by nagoma(m): 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2012
When Soludo "donated"50 million Naira to the senate committee on Banking, where was the uproar? Thes were senators of the federal republic doing a job they are actually overpaid to do and yet Soludo said it was a social responsibility for CBN to do that. They are of course key members in passing bills and budgets from the CBN.  I just can't understand the shamelessness of some so called enlightened group. The CBN under Soludo spent over 500 million Naira supporting "capacity building" in some universities in Nigeria donating as a social responsibility. There is no prize for guessing what universities benefitted. Some cultures can only support bacteria  angry :Mthceeeeew. sad sad
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2012
nagoma:

When Soludo "donated"50 million Naira to the senate committee on Banking, where was the uproar? Thes were senators of the federal republic doing a job they are actually overpaid to do and yet Soludo said it was a social responsibility for CBN to do that. They are of course key members in passing bills and budgets from the CBN.  I just can't understand the shamelessness of some so called enlightened group. The CBN under Soludo spent over 500 million Naira supporting "capacity building" in some universities in Nigeria donating as a social responsibility. There is no prize for guessing what universities benefitted. Some cultures can only support bacteria  angry :Mthceeeeew. sad sad

Mr (Mthceeeee, the reason why there was no uproar then is because the CBN Act of 2007, allowed for such a donation.

I hope that is too much for your little head to understand.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by IleIfe2(m): 6:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
Bloody politician using government money to campaign.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by marvix(m): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2012
Kobojunkie wateva allowed Soludo to donate 500m surely has not been removed from d CBN act, for Gods sake let's call a spade a spade SLS as Cbn gov can donate to charity and wat beta charity dan his home state afta an attack from terrorists and I read Sanusis position on boko haram and he has said it time and again that there's no justification for the boko haram activities but the reason y they are able to see youths to use 4 their activities is because of d level of poverty in d north and dat d 13% derivation allowed some southern states receive more @ d detriement of d northern states, so we shld pls put issues in proper perspectiv and grow up dis is not d 60s or 70s where a high number of the populace were ill informed and did not have access to info,
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by sharpman1(m): 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
The attempt to justify Sanusi's action is laughable.

We've had crisis upon crisis and CBN did not raise a finger. The moment it affected Sanusi's town and his own people, he donates N100 million that does not belong to him. He should have donated his own funds if he really cared about his people.

The donation to the Xmas day bomb victims is clearly an after thought because people made noise.

Sanusi is a religious bigot that only cares about his religion. He is not fit to be a CBN governor. He is better off as the Emir of Kano.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by 9javoice1(m): 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sanusi! Sanusi!! sanusi!!! , how many times did i call you? your evil plans are coming out gradually.
Even those defending you,deep down in their heart knows that you have a motive not well known to all. but your steps says that those motives are bad.

At the End Ohaneze and Falana etc are right. because they speak out thats why you come back for madalla victims with excuse of the governor priest is not there. Do you think we are fools.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by nagoma(m): 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2012
100 million is actually too small an amount for this donation. The house committee on banking are just about a dozen or so people and Soludo gave them 50 million naira. These people affected by the terror attack in kano , orphans , widows and so on must be over a thousand in number. Ohanaeze said Igbo's were targeted , they should come forward and claim the Igbo share. Meanwhile the Igbo community in kano have told Ohanaze to go to hell , they are not moving one inch from kano. It is there home. Ohanaze should mind it's own business.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by 9javoice1(m): 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2012
@nagoma
take it easy my dear else you will wound. Every igbo man in Kano now sends his wife/children/sisters/yonger brothers to east. ok

as for SLS he find out we caught him already hense he gave a lame excuse to cover up .

you can see by your self his excuse did not cover his evil intention. any let me be straight all nigeria is realy afraid of your tribe.
we all want to pull out at once no body want to be left behind. very soon it will happen. just wait and continue insulting Ohaneze and Afenifere.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by sheyguy: 7:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
Even though i don't agree with SLS donation, the uproar which has gradually taken an ethnic dimension has given him a cheap clue on what he must do to calm down the nerves of certain group of pple.
Some important questions i was hoping to get answer to are:
who among the CBN board first suggested Kano as the beneficiary?
Was the Kano victims intended to be the only beneficiary of CBN's donation?
Did SLS av any intention to donate to madalla victims b4 the uproar or is he using the backlash as a guide to calm things down.
Did he really attempt to met with church head in madalla for donation?
I think the moment the Falanas and Ohanezes started challenging the CBN governor and complaining immediate after his donation, the man got a clue as to what his next step was going to be.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by marvix(m): 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2012
Can we @least face d issue? Is giving money from the CBN to disaster victims wrong? I remember a story I read in my secondary school days it was about a poor man who went to a rich man in his community as he claimed he was a member of d rich man's family. The rich man asked him to come back while he thought about d request and wen d poor man went back to d rich man d rich man gave him a coin as the poor mans share of his wealth d poor man was surprised and asked how d rich man could give his relative just a coin out of all his wealth to which d rich man replied dat since according to d poor man every one from d community is his relative and they had a share of his wealth he had to share it with everyone so the coin he received was his fair share so dat wen all odas come 4 their share they would hav their fair share, so all dose askin y Sanusi did not giv Yobe nd all oda states is because its not mandatory that he should giv, so if u still want to vex u can do an Abaniwonda off d 3rd mainland bridge!!!!
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by kjhova(m): 7:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
@Marvix,
You miss the point mate. SLS, seemingly inline wt his character, did not show good judgement wt this donation. If he is a quarter as bright as he is often made out to be, he would have connected the dots enough to know that there will be a backlash. The CBN is not a private company with declared profits. It is not under any moral obligation to perform CSR. Worse still the idea of availing the charity fund as a cheque handed over to the Kano State deputy govnor is downright criminal. CBN, if at all eager to perform CSR, ought to make its donations to NEMA or the victims directly! has anyone any idea how far the Kano govt has gone in disburseing the funds since then?
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by aribisala0(m): 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2012
he is not that stupid. he is giving the finger to GEJ. He would not have tried it with OBJ
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by nagoma(m): 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
@9ja voice
I am surprised you called this an evil intention! I am not surprised you avoided mentioning all the previous "social responsibility donations" by CBN in Soludo 's time including the ones to EFCC and to senate committee on banks and of course to universities in the south. As to departure of your people from kano, I have no objection. After all they came out of choice and they can go anytime they want , except they are actually saying they have no future in the east ;

economicconfidential.net/news/national-news/910-Igbo-businessmen refuse to relocate.

Let me tell you my opinion. I want to see a divided Nigeria . No need for SNC , the president GEJ will have some relevance and my respect if he has the courage to constitute a committee to demarcate boarders and fix a date of separation. We have had enough of each other.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by otokx(m): 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2012
This SANUSI guy just loves to pour petrol into fire believing he is untouchable; kudos to him.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by 9javoice1(m): 8:11pm On Feb 15, 2012
@nagoma
Thanks so much i understand you better. i still believe there are some goodness remaining in every nigerian.
its only bad guys in the government that is using us to archive there political ambitions.

anyway your opinion of a divided Nigeria is something i will ask you to be praying about too.
these blood sheds is too much. why do we need that. a friend of mine and hause military major told me that he don't wana go back to the north
again in his life, his formerly a Muslim but now a Christian.

if we divide nigeria people can live in peace. and when i go to the Arewa i will respect what ever is there law verse verse.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by sharpman1(m): 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
aribisala0:

he is not that silly. he is giving the finger to GEJ. He would not have tried it with OBJ

I completely agree. . . . . .he knows exactly what he's doing.

I believe he does not like GEJ. . . . . . .
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by nagoma(m): 8:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
@ja voice

We are in agreement , I will continue praying for that day. I have been thinking about it for years even before BH. The crimes the violence and the hatred. Pleas if you have access to your brother the president , let him consider this seriously. That is what we want; separation and we are all behind him and it will be peaceful in sha Allah.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by RoadStar: 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2012
nagoma:

@9ja voice
I am surprised you called this an evil intention! I am not surprised you avoided mentioning all the previous "social responsibility donations" by CBN in Soludo 's time including the ones to EFCC and to senate committee on banks and of course to universities in the south. As to departure of your people from kano, I have no objection. After all they came out of choice and they can go anytime they want , except they are actually saying they have no future in the east ;

economicconfidential.net/news/national-news/910-Igbo-businessmen refuse to relocate.

Let me tell you my opinion. I want to see a divided Nigeria . No need for SNC , the president GEJ will have some relevance and my respect if he has the courage to constitute a committee to demarcate boarders and fix a date of separation. We have had enough of each other.
It's amazing how your Boko Haram brothers have not included the division of Nigeria in their demands.
I wish BH, Arewa and co can come out and say it emphatically just as u have.
The Igbos have never minced words on their position.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2012
No CBN govr have made this kind of donation before. We can see how Soludo's own CSR was wisely spent. Soludo never give money to Anambra state governor for erosion victims or Onisha main market fire victims when many traders lost millions or naira. All could see is money spent on sports, commerce, etc . Which cannot be condemned by any sensible human. Sanusi himself knows he has goofd. I know he must be cracking brain to come-up with a convincing defense article. He must be begging some friends to save him too. But, this one is beyond them. It is indefensible baseless to defend this despicable act of Bokoharamic napotism.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by RoadStar: 8:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
In my own opinion Sanusi might have done everything else right except he has depressed the Nigerian Banking sector
A huge contributor of employment, capital and investment during Soludo's era.
He still has nothing to show for the trillions he spent in nationalising these banks which has not succeeded in turning around the banks fortunes.
But we are still waiting.

And @Jarus i'm bit worried when ur CBN governor goes on international media to blame oil allocation to oil producing states for rise in terrorism
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by tiarabubu: 8:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
Is it just me? when a whole CBN board is to visit a place (in this case a parish) I thought protocol demands that the Priest is informed before hand either in writing or through the CBN protocol office so he can prepare to receive them with the usual press coverage.

How on EARTH will the board say they visited unannounced (as if they strolled in to see a friend) and the priest was NOT HOME!!!!!! Haba! How would be at home when he wasn't informed? We all know that the Catholic Church is a disciplined organisation (Sanusi went to a catholic school; he should know) and the parish priest would not collect the money or receive such VIP guests without notifying the Bishop or his superiors

com'on guys, we were not born yesterday. SLS goofed big time.

In fact Borno and Yobe States deserve the money more than any other.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
marvix:

Kobojunkie wateva allowed Soludo to donate 500m surely has not been removed from d CBN act, for Gods sake let's call a spade a spade SLS as Cbn gov can donate to charity and wat beta charity dan his home state afta an attack from terrorists and I read Sanusis position on boko haram and he has said it time and again that there's no justification for the boko haram activities but the reason y they are able to see youths to use 4 their activities is because of d level of poverty in d north and dat d 13% derivation allowed some southern states receive more @ d detriement of d northern states, so we shld pls put issues in proper perspectiv and grow up dis is not d 60s or 70s where a high number of the populace were ill informed and did not have access to info,

PLease stop jumping and making silly assumptions. NOTHING IN THE CBN ACT ALLOWS him to do whatever he did here. So your assumption that there is something is baseless.

Secondly, CBN Government CANNOT DONATE MONEY TO CHARITIES and organizations that do not fall under categories stipulated by the CBN Ac, which governs the CBN and it's government.

Rather than spouting nonsense, kindly pick up a copy of the CBN ACT of 2007 and review it to educate yourself on what should be and what should not.
Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation by marvix(m): 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2012
@tiarabubu, ifr Yobe nd Borno needs it more let their indigenes assist, they definitely hav indigenes running a couple of lucrative govt establishments, I don't kno y SLS even bothered explainin abt visitin Madala church is he d one dat sent d boko haram guys there y shld he not think of his own people, if odas don't know how to help their own people shld we now blame SLS 4 helpin his own people, is there any govt organisation run by Yorubas dat u don't see d yorubas enjoyin some privilege in employment, let's stop all dis hypicrisy, SLS shld b applauded 4 identifyin with his people in times of trouble!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Harvest From 10,000 Hectares of Land Acquired From Other States / Shiites Demand Zakzaky’s Release Before Panel Appearance / Vp Osinbajo Launches Trader Moni, Holds Msmes Clinic In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.