Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? (9561 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School / Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 1:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
He has acquired more state debt then lucky ,spent over 2 years building a 8km stretch road that takes EU countries under 20-24 weeks on average to build a 5mile road.This is a flat road(ie no mountains or steep slope like in many eu countries) and was already pre existing.Average cost of building a fresh road in china is $1.3m a mile and in the EU $2-4m a mile for a dual carriageway.
Note this is for fresh roads that require total new levelling and lanscape before actual surfacing with new drainage.Airport road already existed in some form as a single carriage road .This is a road which was one of the few not to have any major potholes as compared to most other roads in benin that has totally collapsed espically in the once pride of benin GRA.
He has spent what is offically between 6-8 billion naira which is about $53m .Considering the average cost of building a road in EU with high labour cost,costly permits,slopes and a fresh road from scratch is $2-4m a mile then a 5mile which is is little over 8km should cost under  $20m at best.
Here is an article showing how the man is planning to leave the state in the total red
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/75814/1/edo-state-who-will-save-the-heartbeat-of-the-natio.html
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Outstrip(f): 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
**clears throat**
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Akintola11(m): 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
'This Week in Nigeria:$1 billion cement plant inaugurated, Christmas bombing suspect re-arrested, Transport committee created & much more!'

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-1-billion-cement-plant-opens
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by eseosa77(m): 4:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
@ranlaen,shut ur fucking mouth and stop tanishing the image of our comrade governor.U must av been paid by pdp in edo state or u are one of them.Are u so blind not to see the massive infrastructural developement and reconstruction roads well over the 3 senatorial district of edo state?.It pains me so much that u have a short and parochial memory.U could recall that we could nt get all these during the past 8yrs of pdp sharing the money that were meant for infrastural developement and to better the lots of the people,but the reverse was the case.pls mind what u say
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Joythah(m): 4:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
If you have nothing to write about then shut up. When you have something tangible to write about then, Imagine comparing Edo state to europe and china? You failed to tell us how much debt he inherited/how the borrowed money was spent?
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by zinosleek(m): 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2012
What's d economic behind this? Is he using beyond d state accumulating revenue? Are the project being carried out going to yield revenue in the state in upcoming years or are they going to create avenue for investment in the state? Nig governors are very good at building infrastructure and not carrying out capital generating projects. Imaging GEJ bragging about d level he left an abandoned hotel building, hw many industries or wealth generating project did he carried out during his tenure in Bayelsa
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by konami001: 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2012
Hahahahaha, i laugh in swahili, May thunder fire that your mouth, may vultures suck the remaining small brain you have left or even the empty head if the brain don dry self, Look at what you are saying, , He has acquired more state debt than lucky? Its obvious you had no brains to think before you came to nairaland to pour out that rubbish, What did lucky do in the 8 years that he was Governor? The only debt he incurred were used to fill his own coffers, Oshiomole is working everywhere in benin, did your father give him money to do those work?
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by nelsonehi: 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2012
thumb up for the fantastic job oshomele is doing in edo state.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by fm7070: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
, work of a man speaks for him. majority cannot be wrong.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2012
50b naira debt.edo state was indebt for 4b naira when he got into office so he has kept the state in an extra 46b naira so far and counting on un needed project in one of the poorest states in the south with high unemployment and almost no industries.
So how will using all that money on a water fountain or dualization of a road pay the extra debt added ? i am sure some of the supporters here will answer that .
Over bloated pointless projects that makes a poor state more bankrupt,giving the illusion of "worthy" projects just to steal money grin
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2012
fm7070:

, work of a man speaks for him. majority cannot be wrong.
Majority in Nigeria are known for been wrong just look at GEJ  grin
Nigerians vote by tribal lines and religion.
Its called clueless masses.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by kasperone8: 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2012
ranlaen:

Majority in Nigeria are known for been wrong just look at GEJ  grin
Nigerians vote by tribal lines and religion.
Its called clueless masses.
May your days be long jare.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by upnefa(m): 6:24pm On Feb 15, 2012
i can c u'r a pdp man,n u shall surely fail,ingrate
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by harmony5(m): 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2012
Why are you keep comparing the governor's pace or performance to those of China and EU. Why not compare him to his contemporaries and other states
here in Nigeria. I'm not from Edo state, but believe me, the comrade governor has surpass most expectation considering the state of affairs from which he
took over from. Even if you have to criticize, try and do it with objectivity.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
upnefa:

i can c u'r a pdp man,n u shall surely fail,ingrate
Funny simply check my posts will show you i supported Buhari in last election ,unless he was a pdp candidate but thats besides the point .
Nothing wrong in pointing out how a poor state is about to inherit a huge debt  after this man is done with it.
Fact remains he has added a whooping 46b naira to the state debt with no new industry to show for it which is what is needed to pay for this debt.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Abuse: 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2012
I can see PDP at work here. The have sent people with negative voices to go out and demonise the namesake of the first man that was created by babagode. YOU SHALL FAIL. I still give thumbs up to the great Comrade Governor whom built a road on one of the highest mountains in Edo state. I witnessed the mountain before it was cut down. Dan Orbih who is the PDP Chairman in Edo state is just a bigot. The father left no legacy for them. He talks when he is supposed to shut up. The PDP Chairman has a bore hole (EU project) at the back of his house and lied to his people that he built the bore hole and that only people who are PDP members can fetch water from the tap. What an evil general.
ANY FORM OF PDP NEGATIVE CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE COMRADE GOVERNOR, I HEREBY DECLARE A FALL DOWN AND DIE NOW BEFORE JULY.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by unrattled: 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
hahaha!
Am sure the aim of the poster is surely being defeated hands down.
The thread is actually making Oshiomhole appear more people oriented and popular. grin grin
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 6:57pm On Feb 15, 2012
unrattled:

hahaha!
Am sure the aim of the poster is surely being defeated hands down.
The thread is actually making Oshiomhole appear more people oriented and popular. grin grin
the aim is to make people aware of the debt he has created for the state ,to be popular in edo is not hard as long as you can shout and speak the thugs and market women way.
After all people were celebrating when lucky was first elected grin
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by nelsonehi: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2012
we from edo state knows that oshiomhole has come to librate us from d boundage of the PDP. kudos to our comrade gorvernor, we are proud of you.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Sammyfemy: 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2012
I'v seen developement in Edo state in the past 3 years than the 10years PDP government spent. There are more dual roads today than before, drainage systems, effective transport system, even in aspect of education than before.
I'm not saying there are no grey areas, but the progress in Edo state is seen. Those from Other states mind what you hear or see in our news. Osho Baba is working.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Donbrig: 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2012
@ranlaen, you should be ready for insults for posting this rubbish against my governor. So you value the money PDP paid you to tarnish Oshiomole's image than the future of every Edo indigine? People like you are the ones PDP used in delaying our happiness for 8yrs fruitless years. PDP is a forgone issue in Edo. NEVER AGAIN.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by concrete: 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2012
Oshiomole has been a BIG dissapointment!!!!

he is soooooooooooo overrated. and NO, there is NOTHING wrong with setting our standards a bit higher and drawing REASONABLE comparisons as far as infrastructure is concerned. some nigerians sure like mediocrity
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by concrete: 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sammyfemy:

I'v seen developement in Edo state in the past 3 years than the 10years PDP government spent. There are more dual roads today than before, drainage systems, effective transport system, even in aspect of education than before.
I'm not saying there are no grey areas, but the progress in Edo state is seen. Those from Other states mind what you hear or see in our news. Osho Baba is working.

he's done some work but has a LONG way to. i haven't been impressed with his slow pace
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2012
Donbrig:

@ranlaen, you should be ready for insults for posting this rubbish against my governor. So you value the money PDP paid you to tarnish Oshiomole's image than the future of every Edo indigine? People like you are the ones PDP used in delaying our happiness for 8yrs fruitless years. PDP is a forgone issue in Edo. NEVER AGAIN.
You exchange one medicore governor in lucky for another in adams.
Its good to be governor of Edo state burrow 50 billion naira build an overbloated dual carriage way in a 8km stretch and a fountain and people are happy.Most in this state do not even remember what running water is like and the chief source of employment is been an agbero
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by daroz(m): 8:29pm On Feb 15, 2012
@Ranlaen, thunder will fire dat ur stinking mouth for using it to rant this nonsense. You PDP sent enemy of progress. Your type can even sell their parents for a pot of soup. thank God †he pple are not too blind to see or too dumb to speak their mind. Go to any part of part of Edo State & utter this nonsense if you won't be torn to pieces. Your plan to drag the state backward Will never work. Infact i believe you are doing this for money, cos u too will definitely vote Oshiomhole for second term. you all come & see how PDP are being bulled during all their stup1d campaigns in the state. Nosence!!!
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by daroz(m): 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2012
OSHIO-BaBa, carry go Jor, nothing do Ʊ, we dey ur back
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by gaddafe(m): 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2012
@op can you swear that you don't belong to pdp?
PLS HOUSE TOMORROW IS PDP's PRIMARY ELECTION IN EDO STATE and this poster decided to rubbish the name of our comrade gov. Anyway may you die a miserable death.

Imagine him comparing Edo state to China and EU. I was actually thinking he would compare it with other states handled by Pdp. Nonsense! Arrant Rubbish!!! angry
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2012
gaddafe:

@op   can you swear that you don't belong to pdp?
PLS HOUSE TOMORROW IS PDP's PRIMARY ELECTION IN EDO STATE and this poster decided to rubbish the name of our comrade gov. Anyway may you die a miserable death.

Imagine him comparing Edo state to China and EU. I was actually thinking he would compare it with other states handled by Pdp. Nonsense! Arrant Rubbish!!!   angry
wait till the banks demand payment on the huge debt he has given the state grin
its actually easy to check the state debt for those who bother to find out and not bury their heads in the sand thinking creditors will forget the 50b debt.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by jason123: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
daroz:

@Ranlaen, thunder will fire dat ur stinking mouth for using it to rant this nonsense. [b]You PDP sent enemy of progress. Your type can even sell their parents for a pot of soup. thank God †he pple are not too blind to see or too dumb to speak their mind. Go to any part of part of Edo State & utter this nonsense if you won't be torn to pieces. Your plan to drag the state backward Will never work. Infact i believe you are doing this for money, cos u too will definitely vote Oshiomhole for second term. you all come & see how PDP are being bulled during all their stup1d campaigns in the state. [/b]Nosence!!!

This why why people get angry when PDP paid agents come on NL to chat crap. These people can sell their parents to the highest bidder! No principle or conviction, they all hide under the pretense of intelligence to sway the undiscerning minds!
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by VUVUZELA10: 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2012
Ranlaen, thanks for your write up. Oshiomhole days are numbered.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ektbear: 9:59pm On Feb 15, 2012
heh
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by gaddafe(m): 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
ranlaen:

wait till the banks demand payment on the huge debt he has given the state grin
its actually easy to check the state debt for those who bother to find out and not bury their heads in the sand thinking debtors will forget the 50b debt.

I'ii pretend i didn't see this. And i'ii take it that a 7years old kid wrote this jagons on NL.

Food for thought: if i lend a sum of money to open a business or i lend the same sum of money to drink beer,  which one is better?

Anyway this thread was actually created so that pdp can console themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodbye Okonjo Iweala... / Senate Passes 2020 Finance Bill For First, Second Readings Same Day / Why Political Parties Should Do Away With Godfathers – Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.