Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) (13682 Views)

Scientific, Mathematical And Historical Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by layi(m): 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2005
Did you know that There is enough salt in the oceans to cover all the continents with a layer 150 m thick.

Did you know that Most earthquakes happen under the sea.

Did you know that A mosquito has 47 teeth

Did you know that A python is not poisonous

Did you know that Without insects, there would be no flowers.

Did you know that There are one way to find how old is a fish, by counting its scales
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by layi(m): 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2005
Did You know that the brain accounts ± 3% of body weight but it uses about 15% of the body's blood supply.

Did You know that Sound moves faster in water then air.

Did You know that Lightning can have temperatures up to 30 000°C.

Did You know that A starfish has no head or brain
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by WesleyanA(f): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2005
[Did you know that] most snakes aren't poisonous. Only a small percentage of them are.
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by hotangel2(f): 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2005
Do you know that you are to pour acid into water but never water into acid? smiley
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by goodguy(m): 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2005
Olodo cheesy  That's a simple known fact

But did u know Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise?
Did you know?...By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
Did you know?...A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
Did you know?...Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by WesleyanA(f): 2:03am On Sep 09, 2005
yeah. they die quickly too grin . know how? cheesy
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by hotangel2(f): 5:34am On Sep 10, 2005
Nuh uh. But i have an idea. people kill them. tongue
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by goodguy(m): 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2005
I eat them up.
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by WesleyanA(f): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2005
what else do you eat up, goodbadguy?

did you know that a person living to the age of 75 will have slept about 220,000 hours, or about 23 years?
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by layi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2005
Did You know That:
The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

Coca-Cola was originally green.

Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.

Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.

Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.

City with the most Rolls Royce's per capita: Hong Kong

State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska

Percentage of Africa that is wilderness a.k.a jungle : 28%

Percentage of North America that is wilderness a.k.a jungle : 38%
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by layi(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2005
Did You Know That:

Cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400

Average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000.

The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.

The youngest pope was 11 years old.

First novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.

The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David
Clubs - Alexander the Great,
Hearts-Charlemagne, and
Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by layi(m): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2005
Did You Know That:

"I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.

The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

The only two days of the year in which there are no professional sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and the day after the Major League all-stars Game.
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by goodguy(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2005
Did you know my name is Segun? grin
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by WesleyanA(f): 12:21am On Sep 12, 2005
no we didn't. we thought your name was badguy rolleyes
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by goodguy(m): 10:05am On Sep 12, 2005
Now u know I am Segun! wink
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by hotangel2(f): 4:13am On Sep 13, 2005
Did u know that it takes a long time duration to make Lizzy mad? You will have to add soo many chemicals to get Lizzy mad! cheesy cheesy
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by WesleyanA(f): 4:16am On Sep 13, 2005
then i guess your middle name is "stop posting irrelevant posts in this topic  angry". how was that?

did you know that the word "set" has the highest number of separate definitions in the dictionary? 192
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by hotangel2(f): 4:17am On Sep 13, 2005
Did u know that You have added enough chemicals to make Lizzy mad? angry angry angry angry cheesy
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by WesleyanA(f): 4:19am On Sep 13, 2005
did you know that slugs have four noses?
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by hotangel2(f): 4:22am On Sep 13, 2005
He's my friend ooo. his name is Segun!
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by goodguy(m): 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2005
She's my good friend ooo. Her name is Lizzy! cheesy
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by hotangel2(f): 6:17am On Sep 14, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy wink kiss
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by goodguy(m): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2005
grin cheesy grin cheesy cool kiss kiss
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by WesleyanA(f): 3:36am On Sep 15, 2005
did you know that 90 percent of all amimals that have become extinct have been birds?

what's wrong with our badguy? he's happy. cheesy grin smiley grin wink
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by goodguy(m): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2005
sure i'm happy! cheesy grin

Did u know there are about 400 million cars and light trucks in the world today? In 1950, there were 50 million!
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by WesleyanA(f): 4:36am On Sep 27, 2005
an octopus has 3 hearts.
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by gina34(f): 3:53pm On Oct 01, 2005
Did you know that wesly and goodguy is heading towards the e-alter
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by WesleyanA(f): 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2005
did you know that gina needs to go and meet her e-husband de king? rolleyes
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by hotangel2(f): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2005
why is wes running from love? Scientist said it's because she is in love but doesnt wanna be. tongue
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by goodguy(m): 10:43pm On Oct 02, 2005
Did you know I get angry any time Seun edits or removes my posts? angry angry angry
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by hotangel2(f): 4:27am On Oct 03, 2005
pssh.. told u not to. Those r just some of the stuffs u get for not being an admin. cheesy wink
Re: Did You Know? (Share Scientific Facts) by WesleyanA(f): 4:29am On Oct 03, 2005
i'm lost.

did you know that soda's not good for your health?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

PES 19 ISO PPSSPP English For Android / Break-up Lines / Miss Nairaland 2007 Official Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.