Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Where Are The Farmers? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Where Are The Farmers? (20095 Views)

Farmers To Earn N101bn Annually From Perishable Cargo / Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta / Farmers In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tonypark2008: 1:58am On May 22, 2012
tony_park2008: I think the famers in Nigeria need the new technology and advanced tools to implenment the facility, for example,you can use our seaweed fertiliers to improve the crop yield and the soil condition. please call me for the details....
+86-18611101097

by the way, my E-mail is: tony_park2008@yahoo.com.cn
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by globechamp: 8:24am On Aug 01, 2012
@tbk417,

How is it going? Seems your farm isnt too far from mine, at Odeda Local Government too. Mine is a Cassava farm, currently negotiating a lease of 1,250 acres of land(of course cant afford buying right now, and by the ways, I am not into real estate business)

Can you share with us your experience thus far?

Cheers
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by Thethy(m): 11:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by occam(m): 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by bobojoshua(m): 7:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
adelegan1: See talking about agriculture in paper is very interesting. It is jst like a fary tales. I have nigeria politician for friend that is  former minister of nigeria and presidential candiate of nigeria he told the only thing he regreted in his is to invest in agriculture. It keep doing it because he is stuck in the bussiness.

I want to help you and please my question straight. What state do you live in?
Invest in production of cassava starch the farmer will harvest and bring the product to you.a tonne of cassava is 7000 naira.

Do be the farmer be the proccessor. The processor will always cheat the farmer. There is no price regulatary board.

If you need cheap processing machine go futa or fiiro in oshodi they will help to  build washer,piller,chipper,drying machine, hammer mil and bagging machine.
A tonne of cassava starch is sold for 120k. That is alll for now. A man without experience is an optimistic man.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Farmers? by bobojoshua(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
blessamo: I am one of the experience farmers in Nigeria, i will like to comment on Plantain plantation; i have well over fifteen

years experience in cocoa and plantain farming, i will not forget to tell you that you need a forest to really enjoy good

outcome from plantain you are about to plant, good rainfall,but not swampy, fertile soil, improved variety, healthy

sucker, standard spacing and good farm management, have you secure the land already? not on lease i think? do

you have a reliable source to get your Sucker, motorable road and means of transporting your sucker? if yes, you are

good to go. you can mail me on olumosakin@gmail.com and i will give you my phone no if yuo need more anyway. i

wish you success all the way. Sam
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by bobojoshua(m): 8:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
targus: Hello Guys,
I can tell you about plantain, i have 260 Hectares of land in Osun State which i'm using to plant Cocoa and Oil Palm, I have planted about 70 Hectares so fare, both the Cocoa and Oil Palm are inter cropped with plantain, plantain take between 12-14 months to maturity and it's sold per dozen bunches for between N10000-N18000 in Ketu lagos depending on the Size, and you'll have average of 1250 suckers planted on an hectare, so do you sum. you can check out my facebook page for pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.116715185102176.21538.100002910857107&type=3
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by omar0001: 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
Greetings,
If you are in the Mowe area (opposite Redeem Camp), you can visit my plantain plantation and I will give you a quote.
omar0001@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by Undabridge(m): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
adelegan1: Vegetable farming is the best ewedu and efo i have been doing this for long. When it is sold for 30 to 70 naira per kilo it is really profitable. we have 2 kind of efo the white and the black. The white take 21 days and the black take 30 days .if you are interested in vegetable farming i will teach how to start and market your product.

Hello Sir,am a shirtmaker but I want to go into vegetable farmimg as an hobby but If it goes well I might do it full time with the shirt making business too.Here is my e-mail:Lanrewaju.jones@gmail.com.Thanks.
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by kunletoks(m): 12:35am On Dec 29, 2013
Really interesting thread.
I'm a computer science student but I want to go into farming.
I will like to go into vegetable farming.
Low capital and farm product will be sold in few months.
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by stagger: 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
adelegan1: If you need land in akure with irrigation facility let me know. We have 500 hectare to lease. You can lease any number of hectare you need. It 10000 naira to lease one hectare for one year. The farm have a house and dam for irrigation the water do not get dry during the dry season. It is a ploghable land with elephant grass on it. If you are ready contact me on adelegan1111@gmail.com i wish you good luck.

After spreading your negativity around, you still want to lease land out so that the person will go on to fail as you insinuate. Isn't that such a paradox?
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by obafunke(f): 8:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
Do you know that there are food that cures and prevents some types of cancer, helps with weight loss, has high nutrients,eliminates toxins, keeps you hydrated,prevents viral infection,a very good source of potassium that can reduce high blood pressure,has low calories, relieves bloating and indigestion,treats jaundice and acts as a powerful detoxifier.you are what you eat.....eat radish!! contact me now @ olabisio56@yahoo.co.uk and 07066384086
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by StephenAfolabi(m): 7:14am On Jan 24, 2017
I need to have business with you sir. Send me your number on 07038381171.
targus:
Hello Guys,
I can tell you about plantain, i have 260 Hectares of land in Osun State which i'm using to plant Cocoa and Oil Palm, I have planted about 70 Hectares so fare, both the Cocoa and Oil Palm are inter cropped with plantain, plantain take between 12-14 months to maturity and it's sold per dozen bunches for between N10000-N18000 in Ketu lagos depending on the Size, and you'll have average of 1250 suckers planted on an hectare, so do you sum. you can check out my facebook page for pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.116715185102176.21538.100002910857107&type=3
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by NaijaPress: 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bringing in crop farming business plan into the picture gives a clear image of the potentials that is in farming. Before the discovery of oil in a commercial quantity in Nigeria, it was estimated that majority of Nigerians (70%) survived on their individual farm produce. This includes both the civil servants as well as business men and women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / * / Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.