Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! (22792 Views)

Nembe Youths Shut Down OML29 Oil Well Located In Nembe - Bayelsa / 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well / Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by StOla: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
Good historical research if true.

Firstly is the oil in commercial quantity? Meaning can I invest $50M on prospecting, drilling, and completions, with $500M as my revenue before the reserves are depleted and the well abandoned?

Secondly, if the answer to the above is affirmative, what was the disposition of the Eastern regional government to this economic opportunity, considering that even the famed Oloibiri well was also within the same Eastern region.

As far as I know between 1952 to 1966, each region was responsible to exploit its own economic potentials without having to blame any central government of neglect or marginalisation. Also derivation was set at 50% then.
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by BOBBYLET: 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
sheyguy:

Oil could equally be flowing from Ogun/Ondo's untapped reserve into reserves already being explored in othe regions too.

I think the Ibos shld be happy their oyel has not been tapped and used to run an ineffecient Govt yet or stolen.
seconded
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
I actualy dont want the oil wells to be touched. It just proves that ALL of Igboland including those in the SS have oil. So when people tell Niger Deltans that Igbos want their oil, they are simply lying.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
Also Anambra and Imo state combined has the largest inland gas deposit in Nigeria. They can power the industrialization of the south east for at least 75 years.

Oguta and Anam areas.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by GINJALAND: 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
Video : Boko Haram Release New Barbaric Video Of Beheading ( Download)
http://ginjaland.com/videos/video-boko-haram-release-new-barbaric-video-of-beheading-download
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by ak47mann(m): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
NAIJASOM:
Also Anambra and Imo state combined has the largest inland gas deposit in Nigeria. They can power the industrialization of the south east for at least 75 years.

Oguta and Anam areas.
correct cool
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
I had to resurrect this thread to set the record straight because the lies and propaganda against South-east and their desire for Niger-delta oil is getting out of hand.

My village and surrounding Anioma communities in Delta has so much untapped oil and Gas. The documents were revealed to my grandfather who was the king (RIP) during his Reign. This is no secret. Everybody knows this. So who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Sinbad2(m): 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
I think the then governor of Ebonyi state is Martins elechi is the dullest of all governors in eastern region though maybe due to his old age.Having said this ,I think is time governors in Igboland start the work nd not jst talk with no action Adefarati the then governor of ondo state stated the exploration of their oil by inviting oil companies
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by AnambraDota: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
NAIJASOM:
I had to resurrect this thread to set the record straight because the lies and propaganda against South-east and their desire for Niger-delta oil is getting out of hand.

My village and surrounding Anioma communities in Delta has so much untapped oil and Gas. The documents were revealed to my grandfather who was the king (RIP) during his Reign. This is no secret. Everybody knows this. So who is deceiving who?

I served in Delta, Aniomas has oil in commercial quantity, Osisa has oil, AGIP is operating at Okpai, Aboh, Umutu, Kwale and other surrounding Ndokwa communities have oil in great quantity.

Nestoil is currently exploring oil in Anioma.

Its only a fooolish person will tell you Igbos wan our oyel and the useless ones buy the cheap blackmail.

I don't even want oil exploration in Igboland because it will end up in the rusty bowls of almajiris and Tajus of North and SW.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
AnambraDota:

I served in Delta, Aniomas has oil in commercial quantity, Osisa has oil, AGIP is operating at Okpai, Aboh, Umutu, Kwale and other surrounding Ndokwa communities have oil in great quantity.

Nestoil is currently exploring oil in Anioma.

Its only a fooolish person will tell you Igbos wan our oyel and the useless ones buy the cheap blackmail.

I don't even want oil exploration in Igboland because it will end up in the rusty bowls of almajiris and Tajus of North and SW.

I agree my brother. I actually care more about the Gas because that will power the future power stations. Nestoil is building a power station (gas fired plant)in Okija, anambra state soon. About 400 MW for phase 1.
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by coolzeal(m): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
It's vital to leave the crude oil untapped else they will destroy our land and most revenue generated will go to our Oyel thieves in the North.
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by ezeagu(m): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
Save it for Biafra nau.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 06, 2015
coolzeal:
It's vital to leave the crude oil untapped else they will destroy our land and most revenue generated will go to our Oyel thieves in the North.

The oligarchs in the north and south understood that Igbos would have made it extremely difficult for them to exploit so thats why they stayed clear and went for the Niger deltans. Of course all they had to do was to brainwash the Niger deltans that they were protecting them from the Igbos.
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by BlackPikiN(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2015
The government in Ebonyi State is not ready.
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
Just leave the oil there, don't allow Nigeria govt to destroy our land, save it for Biafra.
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 11, 2017
Make Ebonyi governor - an Engineer spearhead the hosting of an oil company that will uplift the oil na. At least ebonyi can become oil producing state and have higher revenue.
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Acetyl(m): 9:42am On Jan 11, 2017
Please my fellow Ebonyians why is it that Anambra people hate us... "Maka why"?He jst disqualified me just because am from Ebonyi
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by nabiz(m): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2017
I am from Ezi-edda in afikpo south local government. The oil is located is a stone throw to my house between orienta primary school and etiti edda secondary school . The oil has been there for long. When where growing up we were frighten by our parents never to go close to the piping to avoid been consumed by fire or that water from the pipe may explode to cover the whole world lol

1 Like

Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Armaggedon: 10:44am On Jan 11, 2017
Acetyl:
Please my fellow Ebonyians why is it that Anambra people hate us... "Maka why"?He jst disqualified me just because am from Ebonyi
Ebonyi people dont look like this.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 11, 2017
nabiz:
I am from Ezi-edda in afikpo south local government. The oil is located is a stone throw to my house between orienta primary school and etiti edda secondary school . The oil has been there for long. When where growing up we were frighten by our parents never to go close to the piping to avoid been consumed by fire or that water from the pipe may explode to cover the whole world lol

Lol. Lalasticlala, taking this to front page perhaps will drove federal government to look into these claims of oil wells in ebonyi state.
Linda ikeji may take it up from here too. No sentiments please. Thanks.
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by meeky007(m): 9:31am On Jun 25, 2017
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! by Ebubu3: 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
Dave Umahi should have written Abuja concerning this oil wells

(1) (2) (Reply)

Physically-Challenged Beggars Protest Against El-Rufai In Kaduna. PICS / Senate Backs Subsidy Removal / Fayose Carries Kid In NYSC Outfit, Inspects Guard Of Honour (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.