Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State (25965 Views)

Onshore Oil Fields They Don't Want You To See / Nembe Youths Shut Down OML29 Oil Well Located In Nembe - Bayelsa / 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by osisi2(f): 1:07am On Feb 03, 2009
Local firm, Addax, strikes oil in Imo
Nigeria's oil and gas industry has recorded another landmark, with Addax Petroleum announcing an onshore oil discovery from the Njaba 2 well (formally Okaka) currently drilling in the eastern part of the OML124 license area of Imo State. Addax Petroleum has a 100 per cent working interest under a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) covering the Oil Mining License 124 (OML124) area, whereby the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is the concessionaire. The new discovery may likely become one its largest fields in Nigeria. Addax currently produces approximately 6000 barrels per day from the Ossu and Izombe fields in OML124, which is located within Imo State. President and Chief Executive Officer of Addax, Mr. Jean Claude Gandur said, "I am extremely proud to report an excellent start in 2009 with this successful exploration result in Nigeria as it is a leading discovery that has the potential to be one of our largest fields in Nigeria. The Njaba discovery is the first exploration well to be drilled in OML124 since the mid-80's and these results will increase the production potential of the license area considerably, as well as significantly upgrade the remaining undrilled prospects."http://www.scandoil.com/moxie-bm2/news/addax-petroleum-hits-new-discovery-in-nigeria.shtml
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 03, 2009
Calling all Imo sons and daughters! If only oil wealth was distributed like Alaska.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by osisi2(f): 1:11am On Feb 03, 2009
david,the half Imo sons and daughters like yourself are welcome to share in our wealth grin
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Nnenna1(f): 1:12am On Feb 03, 2009
Honestly though, I don't know whether to be happy or sad with this development. undecided Oil usually is a prelude to for worse to come in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by osisi2(f): 1:14am On Feb 03, 2009
Now with sizeable oil wealth in Imo,Anambra and Abia states,I say give us Biafra grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by osisi2(f): 1:15am On Feb 03, 2009
Nnenna1:

Honestly though, I don't know whether to be happy or sad with this development. undecided Oil usually is a prelude to for worse to come in Nigeria.

My dear that is my fear o
are we now going to have our own MEND or what?
God help us
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by osisi2(f): 1:24am On Feb 03, 2009
FG Returns 46 Oil Wells to Abia
From Emmanuel Ugwu in Umuahia, 09.15.2007

[b]The agitation by Abia State Government for the return of its oil wells wrongly ceded to neighbouring Rivers State has finally yielded the desired fruit as 46 oil wells have now been returned to the original owner (Abia) after verification.[/b]Abia State Commiss-ioner for Information and Culture, Mr. Ralph Egbu, announced the good news yesterday, while briefing newsmen on the outcome of the State Executive Council meeting, stating that with the new development, the oil revenue profile of the state would rise from next month.
He said the decision to return the oil wells was reached in Abuja last week during a meeting involving officials of the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Revenue Mobilis-ation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC), Abia and Rivers State governments.
Egbu said in addition to the 46 returned oil Wells, Abia also got back an additional two and a half wells, explaining that it came about due to a sharing agreement on the ownership of five other oil wells which was inconclusive.
According to him, it was resolved that both Rivers and Abia would both share the proceeds from the five contentious oil wells equally, pending the time the matter of ownership would be finally determined.
The Abia State Govern-ment intensified agitation for the return of the ceded oil wells during administration of Orji Uzor Kalu.
With an estimated 60 “stolen” oil wells, members of the State House of Assembly had then embarked on a hunger strike to press home the state’s demand.
But even with the return of most of the oil wells, the Information Commissioner said Abia would continue with the struggle to recover all of its known oil wells given to Rivers State.
“The government (Abia) is not yet satisfied at the number of oil wells available within its territory. It has therefore engaged the services of a consultant versed in oil business and politics to assist the state locate all the oil wells within its territory,” Egbu said.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=89360

Now Imo joins abia
show us the money!
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Nobody: 1:25am On Feb 03, 2009
**osisi:

david,the half Imo sons and daughters like yourself are welcome to share in our wealth grin

my sister, i know our compound very well so i am safe. grin My people love me.

**osisi:

Now with sizeable oil wealth in Imo,Anambra and Abia states, I say give us Biafra grin

Mallam no go gree. Without you he is equivalent to Niger Republic. cry
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Hauwa1: 2:38am On Feb 03, 2009
Bia, this is a good thing and i can see Russia from Imo. the north would soon come linking pipes to kantangora and Koma
wink
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Nobody: 4:28am On Feb 03, 2009
Addax should draw up their ECOLOGICAL MANAGEMENT AND LOCAL COMPENSATION PLAN NOW!!!! Or we'll have another MEND on our hands. Yar Adua is a fool if he doesn't make all the oil companies in Nigeria repair the ecological damage and compensate all the locals of the oil rich communities.

What am I saying? I already know he's a fool., There is no point in this.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Ibime(m): 9:32am On Feb 03, 2009
We (MEND) will send a delegation to Imo state to teach them how to profit from this new development. cool
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Ikomi(m): 12:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
**osisi:

Now with sizeable oil wealth in Imo,Anambra and Abia states,I say give us Biafra grin

That's exactly what ad say, on one condition though. That u would move in with me when we go back there.  angry

But u know we were together b4. I mean Abia and Imo. B4 u raise eyebrows. angry

We could still come back together again. I mean me and u. angry

At least a man with some money in his pocket - oil in the ground - needs some happiness.

Wats ur answer?  angry
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by debosky(m): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2009
Make una relax oh! grin

This may be the largest field in Nigeria for Addax (a relatively small operator) but it's hardly the largest onshore oil field in the country.

That said, it's a good development for Imo - I don't think you will get any revenues from this for another year at the earliest, they need to test further and lay equipment.

Addax produces 6,000 barrels/day from around the well, this new one is likely twice or three times the size, but in overall terms, nothing close to the big fields like Bonga pumping 250,000 barrels/day.

The reason I'm saying all this is for people to be aware - don't go and kidnap Addax workers and ask for money like MEND, una oil no plenty reach that one. grin grin Just ask for like $20,000 ransome not millions like MEND. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2009
It's a good thing for Igbo people. I also suspect there is gold in Enugu.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by ezeagu(m): 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2009
**osisi:

My dear that is my fear o
are we now going to have our own MEND or what?
God help us

Please! Let anyone try anything in Igboland, this isn't the 60's.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by FACE(m): 12:07am On Feb 04, 2009
@Debosky, the oil well is only one of many in Imo State. On a dry night, you could see the reflection of the flames (very wasteful and harmful exploration technique) at Izombe , Oguta and co all the way from Owerri.

Imo State had 163 oil wells and counting as at the last time they updated this site :

http://www.imostate.gov.ng/oil%20&%20gas.html
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by osisi2(f): 12:28am On Feb 04, 2009
debosky:

Make una relax oh! grin

This may be the largest field in Nigeria for Addax (a relatively small operator) but it's hardly the largest onshore oil field in the country.

That said, it's a good development for Imo - I don't think you will get any revenues from this for another year at the earliest, they need to test further and lay equipment.

Addax produces 6,000 barrels/day from around the well, this new one is likely twice or three times the size, but in overall terms, nothing close to the big fields like Bonga pumping 250,000 barrels/day.

The reason I'm saying all this is for people to be aware - don't go and kidnap Addax workers and ask for money like MEND, una oil no plenty reach that one. grin grin Just ask for like $20,000 ransome not millions like MEND. grin grin grin

we have 163 oil wells and counting ,what are you talking.
The 6,000 is just one well o
do the math
You think Imo state is like that your dry barren Osun state tongue
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by asha80(m): 12:41am On Feb 04, 2009
Personally i am not happy about this development.Why? Oil spillage,Enviromental degradation and likely scenario of what is happening in niger delta.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Dede1(m): 4:21am On Feb 04, 2009
The people of Njaba in particular and Imo State in general should have stopped this latest development. I hate to see a cent out of crude oil from Igbo land trickle into the coffers of the jungle called Nigeria. I am completely saddened that crude oil exploration is still underway in Igbo land. Believe me, any further discovery of crude oil in Igbo land could lead to uncontrollable chaos.

@osisi (FG Returns 46 Oil Wells to Abia)

This is another classical ploy of divide and rule by the greedy and wicked leaders of the jungle called Nigeria. Now that the so-called MEND and its leaders have finally realized the stupidity of their forebears, the FG of colonial contraption called Nigeria has decided to return the oil wells ceded to neighbor’s of the Ndigbo.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by toshmann(m): 5:23am On Feb 04, 2009
imo is in trouble . . . cry cry cry my home state cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by SHENANIGAN(m): 5:40am On Feb 04, 2009
I hope now the Igbos will leave Nigeria with there new found wealth angry angry
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:53am On Feb 04, 2009
the truth is that nigerias inability to develope is correlated with a grand plan against all igbos.actually most of nigerian onshore oil is produced in igboland.igbos have however been balkanized and put at loggerheads.oil was actually discovered in owerri before oloibiri,but swept under the carpet with false claims of not being in commercial quantity.i can assure everyone on this thread that very soon oil will be struck in owerri again.the largest oil producing local government in nigeria is ogba/egbema/ndoni in rivers state.though 99% igbo-speaking,it should be noted that part of it was ceded to rivers state as a result of oil in 1976 to reduce imo's income.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:56am On Feb 04, 2009
@shenanigan.i dont know if you are a nigerian because if you really were you wouldnt have made that statement.igbos already had the largest oil in nigeria.the truth is that no one actually owns offshore.one cannot draw the map of say bayelsa state and add the sea.we had never and will never be dependent on oil.we igbos will continue to lead in education and commerce until nigerians realize the need for justice and equity.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by SHENANIGAN(m): 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2009
This new found wealth is only going to make igbos fight amongst themselves grin then you all will be begging the north for help
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by ezeagu(m): 12:00am On Feb 07, 2009
SHENANIGAN:

This new found wealth is only going to make igbos fight amongst themselves grin then you all will be begging the north for help

Nobody noticed you, fool! wink
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by Outstrip(f): 1:32am On Feb 07, 2009
I just hope this will not bring trouble. Igbos have already had enough trouble.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by SHENANIGAN(m): 3:24am On Feb 07, 2009
ezeagu:

Nobody noticed you, fool! wink

Yo must be the fool here cause you noticed my post you dumb Bleep!! grin grin grin grin grin RETERD
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by ezeagu(m): 3:32am On Feb 07, 2009
SHENANIGAN:

Yo must be the fool here cause you noticed my post you dumb Bleep!! grin grin grin grin grin RETERD

You should really check your spelling before accusing someone of being a "RETERD". . . You obviously have emotional and psychological issues so I shall refrain from arguing with, as some would say, someone way dey craze!
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by SHENANIGAN(m): 5:45am On Feb 07, 2009
Hey monkey you the one that crossed my path, I never knew there was an over grown gorilla in the room waiting to be noticed till you showed up. Oh well I won't even give you the time of day cause you not even worth the time or effort. So just crawl back into your rat hole and pretend you never even noticed my post.

coolezeagu is now being ignored cool
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by 9ijaprince(m): 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2009
Why are these brothers querreling?
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by debosky(m): 11:22am On Jun 29, 2009
**osisi:

we have 163 oil wells and counting ,what are you talking.
The 6,000 is just one well o
do the math
You think Imo state is like that your dry barren Osun state tongue
Yeye. cheesy

Even with the 163 wells, how much is the production? Make una relax jare - it's not that significant and may not begin production till next year at the earliest.

Dede1:

The people of Njaba in particular and Imo State in general should have stopped this latest development. I hate to see a cent out of crude oil from Igbo land trickle into the coffers of the jungle called Nigeria. I am completely saddened that crude oil exploration is still underway in Igbo land. Believe me, any further discovery of crude oil in Igbo land could lead to uncontrollable chaos.

Interesting - but you don't mind collecting monthly allocation from crude oil receipts from Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta and Akwa Ibom?
Re: Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State by AndreUweh(m): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2009
Let us not jump in to conclusions yet. What happened to the oil that was discovered in Ngor-Okpala sometime ago?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President / Dambazau Visits Scene Of January 1 Rivers Killings (Photos) / APC Chiefs Ask Buhari To Sack Akpabio For Constituting NDDC Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.