Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? (11435 Views)

Can You Read It? Doctors Handwriting Amuses Patients. (photo) / Doctors' Handwriting / If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by drnoel: 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
its just simple and clear that we just have to make our writing bad enough so our patients can't read our prescription  grin grin grin
Besides, when u consider ur work load u'd not bother trying to write something very graphic just cos u want 2 give a patient a prescription.
This problem cut across all Drs, my friends an I inclusive.

I wonder maybe in the future we could have a mobile potable prescription writer that we can carry around where ever we go so giving prescriptions would be way easier. Its a nice idea but I wonder who would support it and get us a device like that. Anyway till we get something like that, our patients would have 2 suffer our terrible writings.
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by Ardedaryor(m): 6:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
i also notice it ooo but readin so far if all so funny loll,
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by helpee(m): 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
In medical school, lecturers don't dictate. They speak and u copy as much as you can. What it means is that you must be superfast to be able to copy any meaningful note in class. Apart from universal shorthand, every medical student develop their own short form of writing so it becomes extremely difficult sometimes to read the note of ur classmates cos it will have so many abbreviations known to only the writer. By the time you spend 5yrs in medical school, a sure transformation would have taken place on your handwriting. Ur handwriting can never be the same again. This is the major reason why most doctors handwriting appears not to be legible
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by emmalexabl(m): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
Mine used to be the best among my peers until med. sch where it deteriorated badly and now it is an apology. The writing not only torment my patients but nurses and pharms as well . Infact, occasionally i hav to put on my glasses to read my own prescriptn when it is returned to me. .lol
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by Matnat(m): 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2012
¤Getting educated¤ I'm really enjoying the gist, keep them rolling in! SHALOM.
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by seleroms: 12:47am On Feb 21, 2012
Not all doctors have horrible writing but i think mood and pressure contributes ti a great deal. When i am in a happy mood my handwriting is so legible a baby can read it but the otherway its an apology. Atimes i take a look at casenotes of patients and wonder if i was drunk when writing cos some of the words look extraterrestial. As a rule though i make sure my prescription is legible so i dont stress the pharmacist and i make it a point of duty to explain directions on how to take drugs to the patient
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by activities: 1:53am On Feb 21, 2012
Nigerian Doctors should stop the so called Doctors Hand writting because it leads to medication error which can cause serious side effect and even death to the patients,
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by GboyegaD(m): 7:36am On Feb 21, 2012
drnoel:

its just simple and clear that we just have to make our writing bad enough so our patients can't read our prescription  grin grin grin
Besides, when u consider ur work load u'd not bother trying to write something very graphic just cos u want 2 give a patient a prescription.
This problem cut across all Drs, my friends an I inclusive.

I wonder maybe in the future we could have a mobile potable prescription writer that we can carry around where ever we go so giving prescriptions would be way easier. Its a nice idea but I wonder who would support it and get us a device like that. Anyway till we get something like that, our patients would have 2 suffer our terrible writings.

emmalexabl:

Mine used to be the best among my peers until med. sch where it deteriorated badly and now it is an apology. The writing not only torment my patients but nurses and pharms as well . Infact, occasionally i hav to put on my glasses to read my own prescriptn when it is returned to me. .lol

Sincerely, these are no good justification. I have not seen a doctor here write because they attend to you with their laptop at hand and whatever is recorded, you get a copy and thus, there is nothing to hide. It is my sickness and I should know about it.

activities:

Nigerian Doctors should stop the so called Doctors Hand writting because it leads to medication error which can cause serious side effect and even death to the patients,

Sincerely they should stop it. Imagine some of them confessing that it takes a while for them to read what they wrote.
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by kinguwem: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2012
Most doctors have rough hand writing because of the training they undergo. Doctors are trained to write very fast inorder to take notes very quickly and to attend to a lot of patients within a limit time. Patients' folders are usually confidential and medical abbreviations are universal and easily understood by all trained health workers. I'm a medical officer who writes roughly when attending to patients even though I have a naturally fine hand writing.
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by nagoma(m): 10:36am On Feb 21, 2012
It's part of professional jargon . lawyers do it in their talking.
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by breedman(m): 11:44am On Feb 21, 2012
Not all doctors have rough handwritings but most of them do.have seen some of them without wrough writings.
Re: What Makes Doctors' Handwriting Rough? by favouredjb(f): 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
i learnt this years ago myself,to cede prescription from laymen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dua's Layer : New Layer Discovered In The Cornea / Do You Know That Too Much of Sex can Cause Stroke? / Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.