Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force (10617 Views)

Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. / Cabinet Shakeup - The Sacked, The Rattled & The Untouchable / Are We Due For Another Ministerial Cabinet Shakeup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Beaf: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2012
[size=14pt]Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force[/size]
Kelvin Alohan's picture
Sat, 18/02/2012 - 4:41am | GEORGE AGBA and CHIKA OTUCHIKERE

Indications emerged yesterday that there might be a major shakeup in the Nigeria Police Force because of the alarming level of corruption and indolence that have been afflicting it in recent years.

Vice President, Namadi Sambo, who gave the hint at the inauguration of the Presidential Committee on Police Re-organisation, warned that the administration would no longer tolerate decadence in the security establishment.

Sambo, who lamented the rot that has set into the Force, said that Nigerians have virtually lost confidence in the force and called for a concerted effort to beef up its operations for the interest of the nation.

Sambo warned, “The government will no longer tolerate indolence and lack of capacity as excuses for non-performance.”

He therefore, urged the police to brace up for what he called “the ever increasing tactics and antics of criminals in our society”.

“The time has come for the Nigeria Police Force to be re-examined and re-organised for efficiency and effectiveness and to address the rot and reposition it to face the challenges of democratic society through timely prevention and detection of crimes in all ramifications.”

Chairman of the committee, Mr. Parry Osayande, also decried the high level of inefficiency that has attracted unprecedented indignity to the force but assured that something was being done to improve its performance.

Members of the committee are Clement Akabosu, Bashir Albasu, Major Gen. S. N. Chikwe, Prof. S. D. Mukoro, Dr.FabianAjogwu, Hajia Aisha LaraiTukur, AbdullahiYola and Esther Garba, who is the secretary.

Meanwhile, the Assistant Inspector General of Police AIG, in charge of Zone 7, comprising FCT, Kaduna and Niger States, Mr. Atiku Kafur, has given reasons why the dreaded Boko Haram insurgents has singled out the police as its main target of attack.

According to the AIG whose zone has borne more of the sect’s attacks, the sect knows that overpowering the police would make it easier to get at and terrorise innocent civilians.

Mr. Kafur, who addressed the media yesterday on the scorecard of his zone since his assumption of office explained why extra measures are taken to ensure that the officers of the force are not exposed to undue dangers.

Speaking on the tight security present in all the police stations in the zone, the AIG said, “we are assuring members of the public that we are doing everything to see that we do not expose our men to danger.

That is the reason for all the things you are seeing as measures to protect ourselves because if we don’t protect ourselves who will protect you.”

The commissioner of police for FCT, CP Mikee Zuokumor, adding his voice to the issue noted that the aim of the Boko Haram sect was to destabilize the police so as to make the citizens more vulnerable. “They attack the police so that there would be nobody to protect the people”, he said.

AIG Kafur however declined to give an accurate figure of police officers so far killed in the various attacks on his zone saying that they were yet to compile it since the security challenge was still present.

It would be recalled that in one of the sect’s attacks on some police stations in Kano State,(not under zone 7), no fewer than 29 police officers lost their lives.

The AIG who also reacted to the illegal influx of foreigners into the country thereby compounding the security threat, said the police was collaborating with other security agencies to ensure that people are not entering the country without valid documents.

AIG Kafur who accessed his performance and scored himself high listed some of the achievements of the police in his zone as, arrest of armed robbers after an operation, rescuing of abducted citizens after tip-off by well meaning Nigerians and recovery of stolen vehicles.

The police also disclosed the arrest of a suspected Chadian national who is also a Boko Haram member, one Abdullahi Gouto who was arrested in Niger State.

Commending the efforts of the police-community relations committees for serving as a link between the community and the police, the AIG called on Nigerians to take advantage of the reinvigorated Public Complaint Bureau, to fight criminals.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/16706/2012/02/18/major_shakeup_looms_police_force.html
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Beaf: 3:59pm On Feb 18, 2012
Fresh Air!
Lets sack 90% of the lot. cool
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Afam4eva(m): 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2012
90% is too small. To be qualified to be a police you must have at least an OND. F*ck those illiterate policemen.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Beaf: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2012
afam4eva:

90% is too small. To be qualified to be a police you must have at least an OND. bleep those illiterate policemen.

Lol! True indeed.
Can you imagine the bloody phuckers can't even count how many police officers have been killed by boko haram?

AIG Kafur however declined to give an accurate figure of police officers so far killed in the various attacks on his zone saying that they were yet to compile it since the security challenge was still present.
shocked
Compile gini? Just count them as they fall sir! angry
What display of inefficiency can top the above?
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 18, 2012
Beaf:

Fresh Air!
Lets sack 90% of the lot. cool
and replace them with Niger delta militants and massob members abi ?
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Afam4eva(m): 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2012
Bluetooth, i'm feeling sorry for parent on your behalf. Considering the amount they wasted on you in the name of education. Only if they could turn back the hands of time and just leave you to run into the forest where your kind are located.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2012
Wetin person no go hear for nL ? Small thing,you go see somebody dey talk anyhow like say na me do him and him family.Nonsense.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Beaf: 4:38pm On Feb 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

and replace them with Niger delta militants and massob members abi ?

Your 5 day ban hasn't inserted common sense between your ears. Maybe you need another, cos the forum has actually been much saner and cerebral with you fellows gone.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Afam4eva(m): 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Wetin person no go hear for nL ? Small thing,you go see somebody dey talk anyhow like say na me do him and him family.Nonsense.

Ologbon rara
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
Beaf:

Your 5 day ban hasn't inserted common sense between your ears. Maybe you need another, cos the forum has actually been much saner and cerebral with you fellows gone.
So I'm supposed to do what after the ban ? Knee down,make confessions and be forgiven by seun or what ? I cant remember the last time i asked somebody for a favour !
afam4eva:

Ologbon rara

Ologbon dori eja mu.oponu ode jatijati
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Odunnu: 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2012
Una don start again?
Lets learn to click ignore and feign dumb, deaf and blind when we see posts set out to derail and mis-direct a thread.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Afam4eva(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So I'm supposed to do what after the ban ? Knee down,make confessions and be forgiven by seun or what ? I cant remember the last time i asked somebody for a favour !
Ologbon dori eja mu.oponu ode jatijati

Ewo were. Oloriburuku jati jati. Iwo to ti fi oko e shey sacrifice.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2012
afam4eva:

Ewo were. Oloriburuku jati jati. Iwo to ti fi oko e shey sacrifice.

Ode ni sha.o kan dabi pe kin fun ni igbaju lati ibi ni.olodo omo ibo.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Afam4eva(m): 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Ode ni sha.o kan dabi pe kin fun ni igbaju lati ibi ni.olodo omo ibo.

Tiba fun e igbaju meta, orie ma pe. Omo Ijebu Oloribu.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by biachwest: 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2012
Nigeria government should consider reforming the various security agencies. Employ our graduates to the various department of our security agencies
. computer science graduate could be employed at the Florence department,lawyers ,engineers,doctors,- name it. They all have a place.
I was travelling from Lagos via road to Ghana and i decided to travel with ABC bus transport.Meanwhile i was suppose to board my flight back to Sweden from Ghana.
When we arrive to semen boarder.One immigration officer asked our driver to bring me because he saw 20 thousand Eur stamp on my passort.offcourse i did change that money in Lagos few days before my trip and transfer ed the money to my foreign a/c.
I presented myself to this officer, and he asked for my destination, and i replied that i was heading to Sweden.
He fatherly asked for my visa to Sweden.I brought out my Swedish and Spanish permanent residents, which is an id card, he took a look at them and started laughing
To my surprise. he asked me, if i want him to believe me,
that i will board a flight from Ghana and arrive Europe with this Id card. and i will be allowed entry to Europe with an id card instead of visa.
That is a disgrace to our nation.
Those kind of officers should be replaced with graduates from political science or other related qualified professionals.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Beaf: 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2012
--Waves at Odunnu--

biachwest:

Nigeria government should consider reforming the various security agencies. Employ our graduates to the various department of our security agencies
. computer science graduate could be employed at the Florence department,lawyers ,engineers,doctors,- name it. They all have a place.
I was travelling from Lagos via road to Ghana and i decided to travel with ABC bus transport.Meanwhile i was suppose to board my flight back to Sweden from Ghana.
When we arrive to Fluid boarder.One immigration officer asked our driver to bring me because he saw 20 thousand Eur stamp on my passort.offcourse i did change that money in Lagos few days before my trip and transfer ed the money to my foreign a/c.
I presented myself to this officer, and he asked for my destination, and i replied that i was heading to Sweden.
He fatherly asked for my visa to Sweden.I brought out my Swedish and Spanish permanent residents, which is an id card, he took a look at them and started laughing
To my surprise. he asked me, if i want him to believe me,
that i will board a flight from Ghana and arrive Europe with this Id card. and i will be allowed entry to Europe with an id card instead of visa.

That is a disgrace to our nation.
Those kind of officers should be replaced with graduates from political science or other related qualified professionals.

Damn!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2012
To think that that man may be one of the most educated of the lot. The ordinary policemen are illiteracy personified. They arrest people for owning laptops. When did owning a laptop become a crime for crying out loud?
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by antartica(m): 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2012
From a reliable source in nigeria i learnt that this new IG is relatively principled.He might fundamentally change things if given chance.

Gej is torn between doing good and staying loyal to old dubious ways of obj and co.That is why he is bringing in progressives like Ribadu on board and at the same time covering up for obvious traitors and thieves like bankole,David mark,obj,atiku and co.

He remains loyal to the thieving gang and at the same time engaging visionaries.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Dainfamous: 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2012
Nigeria police stations needs a total renovation with security entrance and exist,and send the police men and women to proper training courses which will last for 18 months train them on how to behave,how to be discipline,and learn about human right and how to use their weapons effectively because most of them don't know how to aim a target.Once qualified he or she can get re-entry cool
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by SkyBlue1: 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2012
Tell us when it is done or started. Tired of hearing the same "plans" to start planning to do the same things over and over and over and over and over again. Niigeria and its perpetual deja vu, what have we not heard before? If "plans" could build a nation . . . .
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by FlyboyZee: 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2012
antartica:
Gej is torn between doing good and staying loyal to old dubious ways of obj and co.That is why he is bringing in progressives like Ribadu on board and at the same time covering up for obvious traitors and thieves like bankole,David mark,obj,atiku and co.

He remains loyal to the thieving gang and at the same time engaging visionaries.

If that is what GEJ is doing, then he must be a very SMART ALEC. Imagine being in the middle, choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea and still being in a very comfortable zone. That is, you are not inside the deep blue sea and you are not with the devil, but in your own house. Then, this our president GEJ is a GENIUS< we should all clap for him.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by jspac(m): 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2012
Deja Moo-The feeling that you have heard this bиllsh!t before.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by andyanders: 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2012
If they dismiss them, they will group up and form a deadly armed robbers. The best thing will be to exterminate them because they cannot live with normal human beings.

Also, you must at leas have a minimum of HND to be able to be admitted into the police and now train them having to even bring Prophet T.B Joshua to deliver each one of them from the spirit of stealing and killing because every policeman is spiritually demonized. Only Prophet T.B Joshua can save them be delivering them of the demon with them.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 18, 2012
andyanders:

If they dismiss them, they will group up and form a deadly armed robbers. The best thing will be to exterminate them because they cannot live with normal human beings.

Also, you must at leas have a minimum of HND to be able to be admitted into the police and now train them having to even bring Prophet T.B Joshua to deliver each one of them from the spirit of stealing and killing because every policeman is spiritually demonized. Only Prophet T.B Joshua can save them be delivering them of the demon with them.

Lmao @ every policeman is spiritually demonized.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by DRANOEL(m): 7:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
sack all of them and replace them with the following. . .NIGER DELTA STYLE!

ig . . . .asari dokubo
dig . . . .ateke tom
dig . . . .tompolo
dig . . . .boyloaf
dig . . . .henry okah
dig . . . .alams

chairman police service comm. . .e.k clark

rank and file. . . . .rehabilitated militants
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by titsqueez(m): 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2012
the only police shakeup that will satisfy the masses is the killing of all the police officers in the country and conducting a mass recruitment and training of new ones to replace them. shikena
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by seenoevil1: 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2012
DRANOEL:

ig . . . .asari dokubo
dig . . . .ateke tom
dig . . . .tompolo
dig . . . .boyloaf
dig . . . .henry okah
dig . . . .alams

was this supposed to be funny ?
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by wordychap: 8:20pm On Feb 18, 2012
anything apart from change of uniform! anywhere 4k d police
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 18, 2012
DRANOEL:

ig . . . .asari dokubo
dig . . . .ateke tom
dig . . . .tompolo
dig . . . .boyloaf
dig . . . .henry okah
dig . . . .alams

ROFLMAO. . . .beaf should be among the Rank and File.
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2012
What's the topic again? grin
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2012
i didnt see anything like shakeup in the write up , there are already too many committee looking into the police issue and i wonder why parry osayande is always the committe chairman lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force by kutchs: 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2012
Abegii make una go sidon smewia, all of una dey hia dey yab police make pple sey una holy pass. If dem sack all d police 4 naija, na hu go kme replace dem, no be me and una wey even worse pass. The poblem with Nigerian is nt d police bt Nigerians demselves. The police is only a subset of a whole-corrupt Nigeria. A security agency is as gud or bad as the country it serves, we cant have an efficient police system in a country like ours wia evri one is corrupt nd is making no attempts to change.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi State Gets N4bn Sept Allocation, Begins Salary Payment Next Week / Killing In The Name Of Biafra! By Fredrick Nwabufo / Soludo Increases Anambra Workers Salaries By 10%, Assures Of Staff Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.