Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,426 members, 7,954,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim (9091 Views)

Tension In Anambra As 47 Boko Haram Prisoners Arrive Ekwulobia Prisons / Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer / Breaking! Economic Activities Crippled In Anambra As Fuel Price Rise To ¥250 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by marocguy(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2012
I hope this makes front page to inform the whole NL about some misinformation anambra state govt and orient refinery give out concerning the oil blocks on the anambra river block.
1. Most,if not all of the oil blocks belong to my community,igga in uzo uwani lga. Part of which is stretched to our boundaries with anambra and enugu states.
2. Orient petroleum has refused to include my community in its investment plan,rather refering to us as 'feedstock in OPL915 and 916' which they acquired.
3. They didnt pay compensation or even consult our community before engaging on exploration they started last year which is still going on with the base for the exploration company in my neighbourhood at my community.
4. Orient petroleum did not conduct EIA,environmental impact assesment as they did on their refinery sites in nearby border towns in anambra nsugbe,aguleri n co before commencing exploration.
5. No corporate social responsibility package lyk it was done to the anambra refinery hosts.
They are on their plan to exclude and claim the oil wells visibly after ignoring protest letters from my town.
Pls nairalanders,as the head of a youth group in the community,i am required to lead the fight. So far i have been calming tensions down. I wouild require any advice,or help anyhow. I have been trying to get good legal advice,especialy on the basic responsibility of oil companies to host communities. We are holding an emergency meeting i am chairing tomorow. I will be grateful to any who can advice proffesionally. My group may not even mind a legal assistance from a reputable legal firm or environmental agency/NGO help. Thanks.
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2012
I don't get.
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by Beaf: 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2012
The curse of oil.
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by Afam4eva(m): 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2012
Abeg, does the thing stretch to Awkunanaw? So that we sef go get something from the oyel.
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by ranlaen: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2012
make una wait first make i go buy popcorn watch tis nollywood movie titled "igbo cvil war - oil money"
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by Igwe9(m): 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2012
Hello poster, take your case to the government of Enugu state if truly you are sure of what you are talking about, the map is there to guide you.
My only fear is that someone could have taken the money on behalf of you comunity, hence the youths are the ones at the forefront of the case. smiley
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by nduchucks: 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2012
Boys boys, let's put this issue to bed once and for all. The first map below shows Orient Petroleums's oil blocks 915 and 916. Now OPL916 is where their refinery is located. The second map shows an old map of Nigeria which shows the location of the refinery (i.e. OPL916)

From that, lets hope it becomes clear to you people exactly where the oil blocks are located. Frankly OPL915 seems to extend to Kogi state.

Becomerichr, biko, help these people with location identification before dem kill themselves before a single drop of oil is extracted. lipsrsealed

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by nduchucks: 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2012
After further analysis, we can conclusively state that oil block OPL915 covers the following states:Anambra, Kogi, and Enugu while OPL916 covers Anambra, Edo, Delta, Enugu, and Kogi.    shocked
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by bashr8: 6:22pm On Feb 18, 2012
marocguy:

I hope this makes front page to inform the whole NL about some misinformation anambra state govt and orient refinery give out concerning the oil blocks on the anambra river block.
1. Most,if not all of the oil blocks belong to my community,igga in uzo uwani lga. Part of which is stretched to our boundaries with anambra and enugu states.
2. Orient petroleum has refused to include my community in its investment plan,rather refering to us as 'feedstock in OPL915 and 916' which they acquired.
3. They didnt pay compensation or even consult our community before engaging on exploration they started last year which is still going on with the base for the exploration company in my neighbourhood at my community.
4. Orient petroleum did not conduct EIA,environmental impact assesment as they did on their refinery sites in nearby border towns in anambra nsugbe,aguleri n co before commencing exploration.
5. No corporate social responsibility package lyk it was done to the anambra refinery hosts.
They are on their plan to exclude and claim the oil wells visibly after ignoring protest letters from my town.
Pls nairalanders,as the head of a youth group in the community,i am required to lead the fight. So far i have been calming tensions down. I wouild require any advice,or help anyhow. I have been trying to get good legal advice,especialy on the basic responsibility of oil companies to host communities. We are holding an emergency meeting i am chairing tomorow. I will be grateful to any who can advice proffesionally. My group may not even mind a legal assistance from a reputable legal firm or environmental agency/NGO help. Thanks.

are they extracting oil from your so called village? the answer is no , i dont know what your mission is , better go and find a job and stop looking for free money, from your analysis and the map nduchuck posted we can as well conclude because the oil block covers anambra ,enugu,kogi etc they are exploring from those states too, am sure your governor sullivan and other representatives in enugu know better than you cus if there were any activity there they will be the first to know about it and approve or disapprove it .
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by Obiagu1(m): 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2012
@ OP, Orient did not include your community in its investment plan because there's no physical structure (oil well, pipe lines, refinery) on your land. When time comes to get oil wells sited in your community, they you get something.

Oil underground does not take rectangular shape as in  OPL915 and 916!

Just like Bashr8 said, you should better go and find a job.

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by bashr8: 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2012
marocguy:

that is what you need professionals that will educate you be4fore you start spreading rumours and heat up the south east, anambra and enugu have always known to have oil reserves but you dont see federal govt including them in niger delta states budget just because there are reserves there even when the oil is not being extracted.

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2012
LWKMD! cheesy ONE MINUTE, SAME TODAY. shocked ODIKWA EGWU!   grin
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by Dainfamous: 6:36pm On Feb 18, 2012
grin
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by bashr8: 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

LWKMD! cheesy ONE MINUTE, SAME TODAY. shocked ODIKWA EGWU!   grin

i tire oo this is how misinformation starts , i bet he cant post such topic on facebook cus people will just laugh at his dumbness.

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by Obiagu1(m): 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2012
A beg, make una leave this thread to die, the OP has vanished.

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by ektbear: 6:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
*munches popcorn, waits for part 2 of this drama to begin*
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by bashr8: 6:45pm On Feb 18, 2012
ekt_bear:

*munches popcorn, waits for part 2 of this drama to begin*

in your dreams.
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by ektbear: 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2012
bashr8:

in your dreams.

My so-called "dreams" seem to be turning to reality cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by ektbear: 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2012
This thread needs to hit the front page.
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by ak47mann(m): 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2012
What is dis angry angry angry angry
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by marocguy(m): 7:42pm On Feb 18, 2012
i admit i hurriedly put this up in fast reaction to the yesterday's event,but i emphasize my point and wont still retrace on it. They really have to carry all along,which they have so far not shown any plans of. The oil exploration is taking place right now in the farms and residences of my people,comon guys! I solicited for advice,not insults. There is no fighting here. We accomodated them since last year without even asking what they were doing in our farms and land. Their wires are connected all over the town, with sensors dug into the ground in people's compounds. Yet they have been protecting their exploration wires and equipment. My people even house the workers,some for free!
We are not bringing any fight between both governments but however wish the needful be done. Several complaints have been sent to the non chalant enugu state government.
Meanwhile,@Nduchu thanks for the map,even as i try much to laugh your language and that of others off. Anyway this is nairaland,and i have been here since 2006 to know too well.
I will appreciate more advice though. Meanwhile,i dont know how i look jobless to some pathetic people above here. My responsibility to the plight of my people shouldnt be taken for that too. I came here to get advice and info,i believe i would. Thanks.
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by Obiagu1(m): 7:48pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^

Why it's so funny is that they are still doing oil exploration and you're looking for compensation. Compensation for what?

That's why you sounded like a jobless guy, no insult intended.

Even the title puts you in a bad light, "Orient Petroleum oil blocks are in Igga, Enugu, not Anambra as they claim" but the map says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by ikeyman00(m): 7:48pm On Feb 18, 2012
op

u really need to get a job
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by seenoevil1: 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2012
people , people would it hurt you to read the post , ignore the thread /topic and move on to other topics . Let this Topic die off . Ignore the OP and ignore the topic.

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by marocguy(m): 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2012
i will attach pics of exploration activities i personally took when i went for xmas at the villa. The location of the pic shots is their base in the community.
Mind you,at the time of taking these pics, the refinery host communities have been approached by orient petroleum(which is still rumoured anambra state govt has stakes in) and CSR,compensation and every other company/host community agreements reached.
Even as they have not extraced crude oil, we need a full Environmental Impact Assesment on the sites,not so far from Anambra river,major springs,our rice farms and fishing ponds. Any pollution would affect my people's lives for a long time.
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by ak47mann(m): 8:00pm On Feb 18, 2012
O boy no bring your ,igga war here oh cool cool embarassed

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by marocguy(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2012
Pics at the exploration coy base in igga,uzo-uwani LGA,Enugu

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by naijaking1: 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2012
@poster
I am really and truely sorry for you and your village. Go ask other communities where oil was discovered embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by ak47mann(m): 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
This is not suppose to be a problem at all,OP i think your state government knows already what belongs to his state cool cool take it easy oyelli plenty 4 your side too naah cool
Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by nduchucks: 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2012
marocguy:

Pics at the exploration coy base in igga,uzo-uwani LGA,Enugu

maroguy, you are yet to prove that oil is produced in your area. Your area falls within the oil blocks owned by Orient Petroleum so they have to keep looking for oil throughout the region, including Igga area. The exploration may yield to no oil discovery in your particular region and no one will pay royalties to you one kobo, if nothing is discovered and extracted from your area.

Now, if you provide us with pictures of oil wells or rigs located in Igga, Enugu, I'd support you all the way.

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by marocguy(m): 8:22pm On Feb 18, 2012
more pics.
I ask,is it too much to ask for Environmental impact study? I ask this for those who misunderstand me on this. The refinery site host communities have this already,compensation and CSR agreements too. I believe the principal funders of the company,chinese nexim bank who commited more than $600 million into this venture got them capable enough to undertake environmental impact assesment at least.
For those who keep saying 'they found oil in your place', the oil block wells have been explored b4 the civil war by a foreign company,though i dont know the extent of the activity,but a lot of their facilities abandoned during the war are still there. A mechanised transport medium accross the anambra river,used by my townsmen and the exploration company currently is still working.

Re: Orient Petroleum Oil Blocks Are also In Igga, Enugu, Not Anambra As They Claim by Igwe9(m): 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2012
Hello Brother, involve your traditional ruler in this struggle, our people used to say that Ihu dike na- anyu mma nko. No body will listen to you as a youth. I guess you have elders in your place unless you guys are having divided minds.

Better-still mobilse your peeps and form your own delta force. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair / Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee / Rivers Rerun: Police Orders Total Restriction Of Movement Of Persons & Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.